Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787653 times)
Pine Barrens
« Reply #4200 on: December 01, 2008, 10:32:16 AM »

All the drama, the suspense, the will they won't they? In or out (of the band)? One thing is for damn sure, if an authorized biography chronicling the "new" GN'R history ever comes out, it will be one hell of a read!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #4201 on: December 01, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »

All the drama, the suspense, the will they won't they? In or out (of the band)? One thing is for damn sure, if an authorized biography chronicling the "new" GN'R history ever comes out, it will be one hell of a read!

As well as one hell of a paperweight I'm sure...
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #4202 on: December 01, 2008, 10:37:46 AM »

Unless they are playing live anywhere, anytime soon, none of this really matters.  And most of the general public never knew who Finck was, so he won't be "missed" by the masses since they never identified with him as the new guitarist for GNR...
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #4203 on: December 01, 2008, 10:42:31 AM »

Unless they are playing live anywhere, anytime soon, none of this really matters.  And most of the general public never knew who Finck was, so he won't be "missed" by the masses since they never identified with him as the new guitarist for GNR...

Has anyone TRULY been identified as the new guitarist?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4204 on: December 03, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »

Robin's out  Cry

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4205 on: December 03, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »

Robin's out  Cry

Are you just now realizing this or did you find some definitive proof?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4206 on: December 03, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »

did anyone ever think maybe robin got the boot from Axl after his "surprise" reunion with NIN?
no, Robin dictated the situation not Axl.

Robins departure was a surprise

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4207 on: December 03, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »

Robin's out  Cry

NIN are gonna tour in 09 and Robin's commited to them.  When and if NIN are done Robin still has a place in GnR, when he's ready.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4208 on: December 03, 2008, 02:37:49 PM »

Robin's out  Cry

NIN are gonna tour in 09 and Robin's commited to them.  When and if NIN are done Robin still has a place in GnR, when he's ready.

I can't see why Robin wouldn't commit to NIN when they have firm tour plans and GNR's are totally up in the air.  Maybe Robin feels he achieved his goal of helping complete Chinese Democracy and doesn't have the patience for another GNR tour.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4209 on: December 03, 2008, 02:50:12 PM »

I wouldn't say GnR Tour plan's are up in the air  Wink  Robin's Robin so when he feels like touring with GnR he will.  For now he's a member of NIN.

end of story.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4210 on: December 03, 2008, 02:53:22 PM »

I wouldn't say GnR Tour plan's are up in the air  Wink 

Please direct me to the tour dates.  I can't seem to find them.  Wink

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4211 on: December 03, 2008, 02:59:24 PM »

Patience my friend, all you need is alittle patience.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4212 on: December 03, 2008, 02:59:35 PM »

tourplans and tourdates aint the same thang

you gotta plan a tour before you actually announce tourdates and shit ok
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #4213 on: December 03, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »

Patience my friend, all you need is alittle patience.

Yeeeeaaaahh
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4214 on: December 03, 2008, 10:29:21 PM »

I wouldn't say GnR Tour plan's are up in the air  Wink  Robin's Robin so when he feels like touring with GnR he will.  For now he's a member of NIN.

end of story.

I'd be surprised (pleasantly b/c I love Robin's playing) if it's THAT easy. I can't imagine Axl would go through the whole process of replacing Robin (not easily done IMHO) for the 2009 tour with someone new (e.g. John-5) and then turn around and welcome Robin back once he's back from NIN with open arms and tell the replacement to take a hike. I know Axl's a huge fan of Robin's playing- but that would be a little ridiculous IMHO. Brain seems to have pretty much ceded his spot to Frank Ferrer (judging by MySpace, '07 Tour etc.) under similar circumstances for example.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #4215 on: December 03, 2008, 10:37:34 PM »

I wish Brain would come back.  Roll Eyes

I'm kind of stubborn about the whole frank ferrer taking over his spot.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4216 on: December 03, 2008, 11:45:42 PM »

Why is the update from Trnet Reznor on www.nin.com front page not in this thread?  I mean it doesn't specifically say Robin's name.  But it is possible, isn't it?

12.3.08: curtain call

File this one under lost opportunities.

I'm very proud of the show we've put together for this tour and have been working hard the last few months to find a way to capture it. I had an amazing situation lined up that would have allowed me to film the show in 3D with James Cameron's team for a theatrical release as well as DVD / BluRay, etc. We had an extra date added to the tour that we were going to give away all the tickets for and have a filming party / thank you show.

I made two critical mistakes. One was to approach a certain record company that owns some of the song rights about producing / funding. The second was to allow said company to fuck around as usual for months before saying um... no. We then achieved the impossible by finding alternate production / funding but the timetable is too rushed to get it filmed comfortably with the remaining time left on the tour. This tour and a lot of the personnel involved finish at the end of this leg, so we can't push filming into Jan / Feb.

Deep breath...
This was an amazing tour and production - certainly the best thing I've ever been involved with and likely the final tour for NIN on this scale. Thank you to those who came out to see it and forgive me for having a Kanye West moment, but this was FOR SURE the best show of the year and any bullshit end-of-the-year poll you may read in the next few weeks that says otherwise simply has it wrong. Those of you who saw it know I'm right.

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted by  trent reznor at 4:28pm

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4217 on: December 03, 2008, 11:49:16 PM »

I hope that means Robin is coming back.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4218 on: December 03, 2008, 11:51:57 PM »

I hope that means Robin is coming back.
Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited yet.  But with all the gosh darn reunion talk floating around, at least this is something different (and much more likely in my mind).

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #4219 on: December 03, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »

Why is the update from Trnet Reznor on www.nin.com front page not in this thread?  I mean it doesn't specifically say Robin's name.  But it is possible, isn't it?

12.3.08: curtain call

File this one under lost opportunities.

I'm very proud of the show we've put together for this tour and have been working hard the last few months to find a way to capture it. I had an amazing situation lined up that would have allowed me to film the show in 3D with James Cameron's team for a theatrical release as well as DVD / BluRay, etc. We had an extra date added to the tour that we were going to give away all the tickets for and have a filming party / thank you show.

I made two critical mistakes. One was to approach a certain record company that owns some of the song rights about producing / funding. The second was to allow said company to fuck around as usual for months before saying um... no. We then achieved the impossible by finding alternate production / funding but the timetable is too rushed to get it filmed comfortably with the remaining time left on the tour. This tour and a lot of the personnel involved finish at the end of this leg, so we can't push filming into Jan / Feb.

Deep breath...
This was an amazing tour and production - certainly the best thing I've ever been involved with and likely the final tour for NIN on this scale. Thank you to those who came out to see it and forgive me for having a Kanye West moment, but this was FOR SURE the best show of the year and any bullshit end-of-the-year poll you may read in the next few weeks that says otherwise simply has it wrong. Those of you who saw it know I'm right.

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted by  trent reznor at 4:28pm

He used the word personnel.  Does that necessarily mean band members or could it mean crew, etc.?  Maybe Josh Freese and some of the crew are leaving.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: