Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787640 times)
Christian
VIP

« Reply #4180 on: November 30, 2008, 01:08:18 PM »

So is there still any real indication that Robin left?

i guess the myspace page

And the iTunes page, and Bumblefoot pretty much saying he was gone.

What?

I can't find the damn interview now...recent one, towards the end when he was asked if they'd be touring in support of the album.
BBF didn't say that.
He said that Robin with NIN was like a surprise, but he didn't say he was out.
He also said that they'd be touring like in the US Summer (July, i guess), so it has a lot of time to Robin get back, rehearsel and do the tour.
BatVin
Opening Act

« Reply #4181 on: November 30, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »

I think Robin is still in Guns N' Roses. If he isn't we will know about that in few days (promotion for album). Even I like Robin, there are better guitar players.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4182 on: November 30, 2008, 02:07:29 PM »

in the GNR tribe, as frank put it.

So is there still any real indication that Robin left?

i guess the myspace page

And the iTunes page, and Bumblefoot pretty much saying he was gone.

What?

I can't find the damn interview now...recent one, towards the end when he was asked if they'd be touring in support of the album.
BBF didn't say that.
He said that Robin with NIN was like a surprise, but he didn't say he was out.
He also said that they'd be touring like in the US Summer (July, i guess), so it has a lot of time to Robin get back, rehearsel and do the tour.

Cheers for clarifying.  ok
thought so but wasn't sure as I've been offline for a wee.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4183 on: November 30, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »

Yea, Ron is awesome with the fans and all, but he is not going to be the person to devulge info about who is in/out of the lineup.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4184 on: November 30, 2008, 02:27:47 PM »

like your signature says, jim bob, to me now the GNR tribe=Dizzy, Chris, Tommy, Robin, Josh, Paul, Buckethead, Brain, Richard, Ron, Frank, and AXL.  peace
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4185 on: November 30, 2008, 08:35:27 PM »

I think Robin is still in Guns N' Roses. If he isn't we will know about that in few days (promotion for album). Even I like Robin, there are better guitar players.

Again I reiterate, why would Guns N' Roses go to the trouble of editing their myspace page, and contacting Apple to have them edit their iTunes page, both for the removal of Robin's name, if there were any doubt about him being out of the band.

And there goes the challenger...
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4186 on: November 30, 2008, 08:46:05 PM »

Ok first Bumlbefoot said he would make zero comment on Robin as it is Robin's decsision and Robins life.  He said if they want to make a comment they will but he will not make one for them.

Also NIN is now listing in there tour section of the forum but not the tour section of the website that they will be touring Australia in March. 

Actually after listening to what Ron said about the situation I decided that if I get a chance to meet Robin tomorrow at the NIN show I will not ask him about his  current involvement in GnR.  However I will have my copy of CD to see if he would be willing to sign it.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #4187 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:17 PM »

who knows.. maybe they took his name off because they are trying to negotiate a new contract with him. either way, we'll see soon enough.  maybe someone will hear it from the man himself.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4188 on: November 30, 2008, 08:55:05 PM »

Robin doesnt mention the album on his site, and his silence is kinda making me anxious...
I love the guy... and I'd be pissed if he's gone... but silence is not the professional way to do things, on either side.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4189 on: November 30, 2008, 09:09:12 PM »

who knows.. maybe they took his name off because they are trying to negotiate a new contract with him. either way, we'll see soon enough.  maybe someone will hear it from the man himself.

I doubt anyone would go to as serious a measure as effectively removing his status as band member if they were just in negotiations. Doesn't it send a pretty clear message? He was listed on the iTunes page at first, and then later removed. Presumably any negotiations would have taken place during that time period. Removing his name would seem to indicate that a decision had been made.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4190 on: November 30, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »

or maybe his name is off because he left the band
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4191 on: November 30, 2008, 09:57:51 PM »

Exactly. If the place where you work has a notice board with a list of staff members on it, do you think they'd remove you from it while they were renegotiating your contract? Fuck no. Do you think they'd remove you from it if you left, quit, or didn't come to an agreement? Fuck yes.

There's a lot of self-denial going on around here. Seriously, I don't want Robin to be gone in the least, but face facts. Yes, he might be back at some point - he's left and returned before. But at this point according to three official sources - the official GNR website (which listed members and didn't include him), the GNR myspace (which actively REMOVED him from the members list) and the iTunes page (ditto), Robin is no longer a member of Guns N' Roses. I don't know how more clearly you could want it spelled out for you.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4192 on: November 30, 2008, 10:02:32 PM »

Exactly. If the place where you work has a notice board with a list of staff members on it, do you think they'd remove you from it while they were renegotiating your contract? Fuck no. Do you think they'd remove you from it if you left, quit, or didn't come to an agreement? Fuck yes.

There's a lot of self-denial going on around here. Seriously, I don't want Robin to be gone in the least, but face facts. Yes, he might be back at some point - he's left and returned before. But at this point according to three official sources - the official GNR website (which listed members and didn't include him), the GNR myspace (which actively REMOVED him from the members list) and the iTunes page (ditto), Robin is no longer a member of Guns N' Roses. I don't know how more clearly you could want it spelled out for you.

Exactly. The same thing with Brain. It is kinda sad that when Guns  tour you won't have three of the main creative forces from the album out on the road: Brain,Bucket and Finck. Since I am actually a fan of Guns N Roses, I had grown used to them being in the band and every time a new member comes into the fold it gets harder and harder to convince people that this is an actual band and not just the Axl Rose Show.

To your point, you will still get people telling you that Brain and Robin are in. I guess they won't see it as official until Jarmo takes down their pictures from the top of the page.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Christian
VIP

« Reply #4193 on: November 30, 2008, 10:08:35 PM »

Exactly. The same thing with Brain. It is kinda sad that when Guns  tour you won't have three of the main creative forces from the album out on the road: Brain,Bucket and Finck. Since I am actually a fan of Guns N Roses, I had grown used to them being in the band and every time a new member comes into the fold it gets harder and harder to convince people that this is an actual band and not just the Axl Rose Show.

To your point, you will still get people telling you that Brain and Robin are in. I guess they won't see it as official until Jarmo takes down their pictures from the top of the page.
I agree..
But, considering that Bumblefoot became a GNR member a week before the Hammerstein's shows in May.. i would say we don't have a band until the first show of the new tour!
So, i think Robin is really Out. But i'm not worried about it until i see the lineup in 2009.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4194 on: November 30, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »

I agree..
But, considering that Bumblefoot became a GNR member a week before the Hammerstein's shows in May.. i would say we don't have a band until the first show of the new tour!
So, i think Robin is really Out. But i'm not worried about it until i see the lineup in 2009.

Well... I think that's the best approach. I don't want to speak for Jarmo- but I guess Robin's and Brain's biographies and pictures are still up b/c we (including Axl/GN'R) won't really know who's in and who's out until sometime in 2009 when touring and video plans solidify and calls go out to begin assembling for rehearsals. If Robin rules himself out then (b/c of NIN or otherwise)- then he's gone- and I suppose we'll probably get some kind of announcement and see his biography and picture moved once and for all. We won't really know until then though. As I said earlier in this thread... it may not look promising now- but his "return" in late 2000 (before Vegas and RIR III in Jan. 01) really came out of the blue for most of us. So who knows... he may surprise us again.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:22:29 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4195 on: December 01, 2008, 03:45:34 AM »

i wrote this in the BRAIN section, it needs to be here too!!

well  IMO!!     BRAIN left for family reasons, so once he was out he doesnt get paid, which means he's not a member at the moment.......same situation with ROBIN, he's left to do NIN for a while.........im sure that once there officially back on the bill there names will be back on the line up list ok ok

look at the credits on the album for fucks sake hihi   everything wont be dealt with half arsed!!

when ROBIN finishes NIN....he's name will be back on the line up!! ok ok

im sure BRAIN will have his fare go too!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4196 on: December 01, 2008, 03:55:59 AM »

well  IMO!!     BRAIN left for family reasons, so once he was out he doesnt get paid, which means he's not a member at the moment.......same situation with ROBIN, he's left to do NIN for a while.........im sure that once there officially back on the bill there names will be back on the line up list ok ok

look at the credits on the album for fucks sake hihi   everything wont be dealt with half arsed!!

Great  but GNR will probably be touring at the same time as NIN. Is Robin gonna do both? I doubt it. He's out, give it up.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #4197 on: December 01, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »

Great  but GNR will probably be touring at the same time as NIN. Is Robin gonna do both? I doubt it. He's out, give it up.

You don't know what you talking about.

Maybe he won't play in the tour starting in February 2009. It's not a rare thing, Freese did leave...I don't see why Robin couldn't do the same.

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4198 on: December 01, 2008, 09:21:29 AM »

did anyone ever think maybe robin got the boot from Axl after his "surprise" reunion with NIN?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4199 on: December 01, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »

did anyone ever think maybe robin got the boot from Axl after his "surprise" reunion with NIN?

Seems no more or less likely than any other theory I've heard.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: