Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:40:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787925 times)
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4120 on: November 16, 2008, 10:43:22 PM »

I was actually a fan of Finck and NIN before he joined.It would be cool to see him stick around but what are ya gonna do? Maybe he is all over the other albums GNR have recorded.Either way,I am sure Axl will get someone kick ass to take his spot.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4121 on: November 16, 2008, 11:20:24 PM »

Check out the widgets!

If I'm still wrong, I stand corrected, but until then, to all you people jumping the gun, shooting from the hip, whining and crying your eyes out in anger over Robin's departure: HAHAHAHA! Don't you feel stupid now?

To those of us who remained sober and played it cool until we had any real indication:  beer

You do realize the widgets were probably made before the myspace band-lineup update right?

And why would they go to the trouble of contacting iTunes and having him removed from their preorder page if he's still in the band?

And there goes the challenger...
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #4122 on: November 16, 2008, 11:24:21 PM »

Me trying to read between the lines and speculating;

-GNR left the door open for Robin, for now
-He's included in the promos, Bucket is not
-They need to market a lead guitar player, so you have the Ron Widget
-Removing Robin from myspace was to grab his attention
-Keeping him in the promos is the open door

prairieboy,

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:29:19 PM by prairie » Logged

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #4123 on: November 16, 2008, 11:26:51 PM »

Who knows about all of that, all I know is that Ron deserves to be up there on that widget as the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses, next to frontman Axl Rose! beer smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #4124 on: November 16, 2008, 11:36:46 PM »

Who knows about all of that, all I know is that Ron deserves to be up there on that widget as the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses, next to frontman Axl Rose! beer smoking
That's cool but I want to see Robin's widget there as well.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4125 on: November 16, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »

Me trying to read between the lines and speculating;

-GNR left the door open for Robin, for now
-He's included in the promos, Bucket is not
-They need to market a lead guitar player, so you have the Ron Widget
-Removing Robin from myspace was to grab his attention
-Keeping him in the promos is the open door

prairieboy,

He is on a major tour with NIN do you think he is paying much attention to the GnR myspace page.  He still has contact with most of the GnR crew.

As for why have Ron T as a wigdet that is easy since he first joined GnR he has being the most approachable.  He is more then willing to talk to fans, media ect.  He also is very good and clear about not talking about GnR which the GnR management team loves.  They have someone who is a accessible to the fans and is trustworthy with not leaking anything. 

As for Robin touring with GnR, TR stated a few days back to wait for more tour dates in 2009.  I don't think you will see Fink back with GnR anytime soon. 

However I will be a NIN show in 2 weeks and if I get a chance to talk to Mr. Fink I will ask him. 
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #4126 on: November 17, 2008, 02:52:22 AM »

You people have a tough time breaking up with people huh?

What do you mean 'you people' ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #4127 on: November 17, 2008, 02:58:57 AM »

You people have a tough time breaking up with people huh?

What do you mean 'you people' ?

What do you mean, "you people"?

Sorry...just a little Tropic Thunder humor...
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4128 on: November 18, 2008, 01:13:08 AM »

Trent Reznor wrote:

11.15.08: Welcome, Ilan!

With great pride and excitement I announce the addition of Ilan Rubin to the lineup beginning next year. I had the chance to see Ilan playing his ass off at Reading and Leeds a couple summers ago and he blew me away. We recently invited him out to rehearse with us and he blew US away - the perfect guy to pick up the sticks after Josh leaves us at the end of the year.

Stay tuned for some 2009 tour announcements soon.

posted by  trent reznor at 6:09pm

Anyone still think Finck is in?

So? The guy's a drummer, replacing Josh Freese, who announced he's out at the end of the year. I don't see how it relates.  ok

I doubt Brain is coming back without Bucket,

Brain has already directly stated that he wants to come back for the next tour

Yeah, Brain hasn't said anything to indicate that he's out of GNR for good.

How about because NIN is extending their tour into 09? Swindley (who does have NIN connections) said that Robin is not leaving.Is that enough for you? Oh yeah, Robin is NOW off of GNR's Myspace page.Brain is too.Seems pretty clear to me.

Don't know that this Mike Swindley (2/3 of a lawyer, 25 from Canada) has "NIN connections," but he claims to have spoken to Robin in Ottawa and that he confirmed he was out.  In this saga, what does out mean?  The only seats that rotate as fast as lead guitar and drummer in GnR are lead guitar and drummer in NIN.  Remember NIN is Trent and only Trent.  All others are there for touring.  Has Ilan Rubin left Lostprophets to be a touring member of NIN?  Don't know, but that would be sad as well.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4129 on: November 26, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »

This is posted on NIN main page

http://nin.com/

"Forget Twilight or Chinese Geography or 808s and Constipates or whatever else you may be wasting your time on... we've added some kick-ass new features to nin.com that may or may not work properly, so head on in and get busy!"

Kind of disrespectful to diss something one of your band mambers has devoted a huge part of his life to over the last 10 years.

Just goes to show how selfish Reznor is.....but i guess fink dosnt have to worry about making efforts like that anymore because Reznor wouldnt dream of letting someone else have any imput on a NIN record.

Robin get your shit together and get back in the Ring...wanna see you kill that solo in This i love Live.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4130 on: November 26, 2008, 01:51:59 PM »

Reznor's just a jealous fuck who can't accept the fact that Axl gets more attention than him, even when he's not doing anything. I'm sure the fact that C.D. has been given more press than anything NINs ever done really sticks a thorn in his considerably tiny balls.

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4131 on: November 26, 2008, 01:54:10 PM »

True but dosnt it just seem a bit like i prickish and disrespectful move/comment towards Robin though?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4132 on: November 26, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »

True but dosnt it just seem a bit like i prickish and disrespectful move/comment towards Robin though?

Yes, but what does Reznor know about respect? To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't put it past him to have poached Robin back solely to piss off Axl in the first place.

thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4133 on: November 26, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »

"Forget Twilight or Chinese Geography or 808s and Constipates or whatever else you may be wasting your time on... we've added some kick-ass new features to nin.com that may or may not work properly, so head on in and get busy!"

Kind of disrespectful to diss something one of your band mambers has devoted a huge part of his life to over the last 10 years.

Just goes to show how selfish Reznor is.....but i guess fink dosnt have to worry about making efforts like that anymore because Reznor wouldnt dream of letting someone else have any imput on a NIN record.

Robin get your shit together and get back in the Ring...wanna see you kill that solo in This i love Live.

It was a joke he picked the 3 top pop culture things going on which is the movie Twilight Gnr's new CD and Kayne West. 

Also NIN and is the first major band to truly go indie.  Other bands talk about it and do half assed stuff but NIN has done it.  They have no management no label ect. 

The sad part is the tour which should be a huge success is not simply because he does not have a HUGE marketing company behind him like Kayne West, ACDC ect. 

The fact is 5-10-20 years from now NIN's Lights in the Sky Tour will be hailed as one of the most amazing rock shows ever created.  All of the effects ussed are real time interaction ect. 

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4134 on: November 26, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »

It was a joke he picked the 3 top pop culture things going on which is the movie Twilight Gnr's new CD and Kayne West. 

Also NIN and is the first major band to truly go indie.  Other bands talk about it and do half assed stuff but NIN has done it.  They have no management no label ect. 

The sad part is the tour which should be a huge success is not simply because he does not have a HUGE marketing company behind him like Kayne West, ACDC ect. 

The fact is 5-10-20 years from now NIN's Lights in the Sky Tour will be hailed as one of the most amazing rock shows ever created.  All of the effects ussed are real time interaction ect. 

whats your point..in regards to my post that its  Its disrespectful
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4135 on: November 26, 2008, 02:29:48 PM »

whats your point..in regards to my post that its  Its disrespectful

Meaning it was a joke.  It was not being disrespectful.  If he had just commented on CD then sure but that is not what he did.

Also before you go think Trent is such a fucking asshole.  Back in 2007 before Year Zero was released one day he decided before one of the shows to invite all the fan club members that had special presale tickets into the show but instead of just having them check out the sound check he had pizza brought in and played the entire album in full before it was released anywhere for these fans.  This was not a promotion it was just something he did.

At the end of the day it was Robin who left to go to NIN so if you want to be pissed at someone be pissed at him.  I am not cause it is his life and I enjoy watching him play with both bands.  Infact I will be watching him play on Dec 1st and it will kick fucking ass.  (though I am tempted to bring my GnR CD with me to the show just incase I get a chance for an autograph. 

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #4136 on: November 26, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »

So I guess we all know now, Trent is a jerk hihi

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4137 on: November 26, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »

Trent Reznor jealous? I highly doubt that. The guy is one of the absolute few out there that has pushed the envelope and stayed with the times, if not ahead of them. I'm not trying to diss Axl in any way, but it doesn't take Reznor 14 years and a monstrous production to put out a cutting edge album. It just gets done, no BS. I'm sure if he wanted more spotlight, he could have it. Truth be told, some of the stuff on Chinese Democracy and earlier releases and leaks like Oh My God had a huge NIN smell to them. I myself will continue to happily listen to Chinese Democracy, it's the first CD in a long time that I have actually purchased. I give Axl credit for experimenting with so many different sounds and ideas. It's quite daring and a huge gamble, hopefully it pays off for him. F@#$ the critics!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4138 on: November 26, 2008, 03:15:51 PM »

nin is boring

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #4139 on: November 26, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »

Meaning it was a joke.

Agreed. He even pokes fun at himself, remarking that things "may or may not work properly" on his own site.

I know this is an old line, and I know it's thorny ground for fans (and superfans) when musicians comment on each other, but some of you take this way too personally. I'm sure Axl wouldn't waste his time getting offended by this; don't waste yours.

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: