Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:40:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748054 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #400 on: April 06, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »

But I don't think he leaves Guns N' Roses. I don't think so.

I mean, Richard with X Japan, Frank with Plummer, Dizzy with Hookers...There's no reason to be affraid.

I want a kind of statement from Axl...that would be the best thing...

But axl didn't make statements regarding richard with X Japan or nena, Frank with Plummer, Dizzy with Hookers...

The writing is on the wall. Finck is gone. He is not just a touring member of NIN.  And even if he was just touring Id have a problem with it this time around,...
so trent is writing with robin from now on? what wall is that?

Remember in 2000 when robin came back he was with bh and brain. was that a bad thing?
things can always get better.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #401 on: April 06, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »

Actually, everyone not named Trent Reznor who plays NIN songs with him onstage are touring members.  Trent Reznor is NIN, everyone else is just a hired live player.
Ok so, lets assume Robin and Bucket were main forces behind the making of CD. And now they are gone. When you look on that stage wont it remind you of a NIN type setup? Just touring members?

Im not trying to discredit Pitman, and Dizzy. But I mean a rock band usually has some prominent guitarists. A rock band is usually guitar driven. ANd now, GNR, a band known for great guitar work, will be missing 2 of their main new guitarists

Remember in 2000 when robin came back he was with bh and brain. was that a bad thing?

I just get the feeling he left. This isnt the same as 2000 because the "album wasnt in site" back then. He probably was pissed off or frustrated about the delyas back then or the potential delays. So I can live with that. But him leaving now...for a WORLD tour...not just a leg...makes no sense
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:26:27 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #402 on: April 06, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »

It's too early to assume that they, well at least robin is gone for good.
hell Tommy thought cd might be out while he was still on the road for his solo.

I believe this time it will be the case. the release first then the tour in late 2008 or in 2009.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:40:41 PM by ppbebe » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #403 on: April 06, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »

Will you fuckin calm down.

Finck is a touring member of NIN, as opposed to GN'R where he is a recording member...

Don't you see the fuckin difference...?

The writing is on the wall. Finck is gone. He is not just a touring member of NIN.  And even if he was just touring Id have a problem with it this time around,...

As for the whole GNR will move on theme. Of course they will. But you cant compare previous lineup changes to this. These guys arent established like Izzy was established. Plus when Izzy left the fans still had Slash and to a lesser extent Duff....

With this situation, yea the genral public doesnt know dick about the new gnr lineup but we do. We have been supporting and defending this new band since day 1. We have watched them develop into a powerhouse.

Dont you people want to see the players who had a major impact onf CD play there songs on stage? If you subscribe to the lets just move on theory than you are just a fan of CD and not GNR. I wish Robin made a better choice here. Something must have happened. It just doesnt make sense that he would leave when his blood sweat and tears is about to be released. Something doesnt jive.

Actually, everyone not named Trent Reznor who plays NIN songs with him onstage are touring members.  Trent Reznor is NIN, everyone else is just a hired live player.

Robin would be at best a touring member of NIN, nothing more.  Nothing else is possible.

Ali

Which bodes well for us, since GnR offers Robin a creative output which Trent prohibits.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: April 06, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »

I'm happy for Robin.  I hope it is just temporary cause I really dig him in GN'R now.  Especially, with the newer style he has now instead of the shaved head.  Sucks for GN'R though.  The waiting game just continues and more time passes by.  But the album is done right?  Bullshit.  Racontours put a cd out in a week don't tell me there still negotiating with the record company. 
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #405 on: April 06, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »

I have this strong conviction that Axl is Guns N' Roses. I mean, only Axl is Guns N' Roses. If you have Axl, you have Guns N' Roses no matter the people beside him. But this "Robin's Incident" sucks! Although Axl and only Axl is Guns N' Roses, this thing of Robin it would be a punch on the nose...

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #406 on: April 06, 2008, 12:45:41 PM »

Ok so, lets assume Robin and Bucket were main forces behind the making of CD. And now they are gone. When you look on that stage wont it remind you of a NIN type setup? Just touring members?

Im not trying to discredit Pitman, and Dizzy. But I mean a rock band usually has some prominent guitarists. A rock band is usually guitar driven. ANd now, GNR, a band known for great guitar work, will be missing 2 of their main new guitarists

I just get the feeling he left. This isnt the same as 2000 because the "album wasnt in site" back then. He probably was pissed off or frustrated about the delyas back then or the potential delays. So I can live with that. But him leaving now...for a WORLD tour...not just a leg...makes no sense

I understand what you are saying, and I've said time and again I would like to see Robin on stage when the album drops and they are touring.

I was merely pointing out that Trent Reznor writes all the lyrics, at least 95% of the music and records the vast majority of the instrumentation on all the NIN records.  Additionally, if you look at the liner notes for Pretty Hate Machine, it says "Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor". 

Ali
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #407 on: April 06, 2008, 12:48:22 PM »

Will you fuckin calm down.

Finck is a touring member of NIN, as opposed to GN'R where he is a recording member...

Don't you see the fuckin difference...?

As for the whole GNR will move on theme. Of course they will. But you cant compare previous lineup changes to this. These guys arent established like Izzy was established. Plus when Izzy left the fans still had Slash and to a lesser extent Duff....

With this situation, yea the genral public doesnt know dick about the new gnr lineup but we do. We have been supporting and defending this new band since day 1. We have watched them develop into a powerhouse.

Dont you people want to see the players who had a major impact onf CD play there songs on stage? If you subscribe to the lets just move on theory than you are just a fan of CD and not GNR. I wish Robin made a better choice here. Something must have happened. It just doesnt make sense that he would leave when his blood sweat and tears is about to be released. Something doesnt jive.

Robin would be at best a touring member of NIN, nothing more.  Nothing else is possible.

Ali

Which bodes well for us, since GnR offers Robin a creative output which Trent prohibits.

You would think so.  At best, Robin could write a guitar part here or there for NIN, but that's about it.  Adrian Belew (sp?) wrote a couple of guitar parts, at most, for The Fragile, so that's probably the most creative contributing Robin could do in NIN.

Ali
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #408 on: April 06, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »

maybe i'm reading too much into this but, jarmo, your last comments sound as if robin was really gone. things don't look too promising in this perspective. if you knew robin was still in gnr, you'd choose a different tone or argumental approach. sorry, i don't want to go too far: but it's hard to believe that you don't know anything (at least more than we do) about what's going on...

I was talking in general terms about the history of GN'R and responding to the comment I quoted.

People have left in the past, GN'R have kept going and I've been a GN'R fan through it all.

My support for GN'R is still there even IF Robin has left/chooses to leave the band.

/jarmo

I think people need to start viewing this band as they do their favorite Sports franchise.  I am a big Red Sox and Patriots fan and have been for a long time.  In both sports year after year the players come and go, but my loyalty is to the team not the players.  I still have fond memories of the past players and what they brought to the teams but I also look at the present and the future with the same support.  I choose to look at GN'R the same way.  I love what all of the past members brought to the table, and look forward to whatever the new players will bring to the table, assuming there is or will be a line-up change.

Anyway - just my two cents.

-illusionone

Wake up. . . .time to die
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #409 on: April 06, 2008, 12:50:47 PM »

Although Axl and only Axl is Guns N' Roses,

I'm sure Slash,Izzy,Duff,Dizzy, Robin,Buckethead,Tommy,etc, etc, etc would kinda disagree with you there.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #410 on: April 06, 2008, 12:55:44 PM »

I doubt Slash, Duff would. I'm sure about the rest. Axl Tommy Dizzy etc have stated GNR is a band.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #411 on: April 06, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »

have stated GNR is a band.
how can this current lineup be a band f 3 of their main pieces....particularly Robin are gone?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #412 on: April 06, 2008, 01:03:08 PM »

have stated GNR is a band.
how can this current lineup be a band f 3 of their main pieces....particularly Robin are gone?

like I said it's too early to assume so for gods sake.

If it's not a band it's a family.
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #413 on: April 06, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »

For starters, who knows if Robin is truly gone blah blah blah.

Also,
I'm very surprised how many here have taken this point of view. I mean..uhm, It's GNR we are talking about here?
Axl Rose ended up replacing everyone else who created GNR  well  over 10 years back, remember? That's  4 (ehh, okay, 3) legendary albums worth of creativity and riffs and solos and spirit  gone *poof* right?

So, you have managed to shurg that one off ages ago,gotten over it, learned to live with it, began loving the new band and so on and so on but when there is possibility Axl needs to replace a replacement you start pushing  panic buttons? Now you begin with the whole " it's not a baaaa-aaaand!!?" whine?  Smiley

If Finck is truly pernamently gone (which I doubt) and Axl wants to keep going, they replace him. Or don't; GNR has  2 guitarists hovering about as it is. Simple as that. In time, new GNR with Joe from Idaho playing lead is just as much or little a band/GNR as it was with Finck.

I hope I didnt sound overly negative there. Or whatnot. Just speaking my mind.

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #414 on: April 06, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »

For starters, who knows if Robin is truly gone blah blah blah.

Also,
I'm very surprised how many here have taken this point of view. I mean..uhm, It's GNR we are talking about here?
Axl Rose ended up replacing everyone else who created GNR  well  over 10 years back, remember? That's  4 (ehh, okay, 3) legendary albums worth of creativity and riffs and solos and spirit  gone *poof* right?

So, you have managed to shurg that one off ages ago,gotten over it, learned to live with it, began loving the new band and so on and so on but when there is possibility Axl needs to replace a replacement you start pushing  panic buttons? Now you begin with the whole " it's not a baaaa-aaaand!!?" whine?  Smiley

If Finck is truly pernamently gone (which I doubt) and Axl wants to keep going, they replace him. Or don't; GNR has  2 guitarists hovering about as it is. Simple as that. In time, new GNR with Joe from Idaho playing lead is just as much or little a band/GNR as it was with Finck.

I hope I didnt sound overly negative there. Or whatnot. Just speaking my mind.

beer Double Standards. I completely agree those who are saying GN'R isn't GN'R without Robin are usually the ones who get pissed when someone says GN'R isn't GN'R without insert ex member. It's just sort of ironic how when a new member wants to leave the standards change a bit. I'm just saying if he has to go he has to go. We've seen so many people go in this band it really isn't something to worry about. Axl got rid of a multi million dollar selling band with 4 major releases that top the charts and songs that were iconic , he replaced them and kept going. Then he got one of the most versatile guitarist in the biz , buckethead, things didn't work with him so he moved on. I'm sure one guitarist won't be a big deal Axl has dealt with worse.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:48:39 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #415 on: April 06, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »

beer Double Standards

Your smiley covers about as much space as the actual written reply. Grin
Either say something or dont!  beer

Aah yeah, i see.What is now underlined was me genuinely not understanding what you were saying.
I'm from country and need to be talked to little bit slow at times:D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:59:08 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #416 on: April 06, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »

I'm sure Slash,Izzy,Duff,Dizzy, Robin,Buckethead,Tommy,etc, etc, etc would kinda disagree with you there.

Well...I don't care. Axl is Guns N' Roses. Only him.

And you forgot, Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner, Ole Beich, etc. (that guys are older than Slash or someone else in Guns N' Roses  Wink)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:44:38 PM by Ulises » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #417 on: April 06, 2008, 02:02:08 PM »

then gnr has been an Axl Rose solo project since 1985ish??

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #418 on: April 06, 2008, 02:06:07 PM »

And you forgot, Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner, Ole Beich, etc. (that guys are older than Slash or someone else in Guns N' Roses  Wink)

Since he wrote the music and has the ability to play the songs on guitar , bass ,drums and keys? GN'R is a band get over it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #419 on: April 06, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »

Oh for fucks sake. 21 pages of absolute bollocks. Nobody knows anything yet. It is all just heresay. What will be will be and we will know when it happens. As far as I'm concerned Robin is a cracking guitarist and is part of guns n roses and until I see an official word to prove otherwise then its all just gossip. Have you lot not got anything better to be doing with your day? Things are looking quite positive in the guns camp at the moment, dont let this bring you down!

Be happy!!

Mike

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: