Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:32:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787867 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3860 on: November 12, 2008, 10:03:05 PM »

robin finck:  fuck you in the heart.  you are a judas traitor who betrayed one of the few great artists left in the world.   i hope trent reznor feels good  he broke up the next great rock combo beacuse he is a giant asshole.

i dont know how axl is going to replace him.  this sucks so bad.  i hope that they find another guitarist out there who can play all his parts.

hihi hihi hihi

Dude, Chill................

Axl was able to replace SLASH for fuck's sake.

I don't think replacing Robin is gonna be that difficult.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3861 on: November 12, 2008, 10:04:39 PM »

Yeah seriously, U don't diss Axl.

Im shocked Axl let him back the first time.

well hell dude, it aint like he was 1000000 percent happy and said "AW what the fuck, I'll quit GNR today 7 months before the fruits of our labor is released.

NO

Something had to happen to push him over the edge.

writing a great song and not having it believed in enough could do that.

U don't fuck with a musician's ego.

Didn't he and Bucket sort of feud?

So imagine, his song being passed over twice for the dude he feuded with.

Fuck! You don't know if Axl "let him back" or whatever the first time, so don't act like it. That being said, I was never quite comfortable with the NIN link either. I prefer people stay in one band, and I would think Axl is one to appreciate loyalty as well, although I will refrain from speculating about his feelings.

robin finck:  fuck you in the heart.  you are a judas traitor who betrayed one of the few great artists left in the world.   i hope trent reznor feels good  he broke up the next great rock combo beacuse he is a giant asshole.

i dont know how axl is going to replace him.  this sucks so bad.  i hope that they find another guitarist out there who can play all his parts.

Jesus Christ, calm the fuck down. It's not cool to diss band members like that, former or current, and I'm pretty sure it's against the rules of this board too.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3862 on: November 12, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

It doesn't take away anything from the release. If it did, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the release as much.

Listening to and enjoying the album is not what Im talking about

But I'm also not saying this is the Robin and Buckethead show
Im not either. But dont you think its crazy that not even one of the two will be in the band when it gets released?

All this "GN'R needs Buckethead". You have no faith in the rest of the band when you think Buckethead/Robin is the foundation of what GN'R is built on.
If Axl didnt think highly of Bucket then why the hell did he keep all his parts on the album? Why the hell did Axl jump thru hoops to please Bucket? Why the hell did Axl buy Bucket some stupid doll and walk around Disney Land if he didnt think that highly of him?

Talk about diminishing!
Its what your doing. I am passionate about the BAND Axl assembled. You are telling me as long as Axl is in it just move on.
to use your phrase..."next"

Is it credibility?

You want the band to be taken seriously. To have credibility.

Why not admit that it could be a distraction?
How is RObin a distraction? Bucket maybe. But RObin? Bucket brings credibility to the serious music fan. Maybe not some loser who is stuck on Slash.

Just like you're saying GN'R needs Robin, maybe it's Robin that needs GN'R? Maybe he could be the next big guitar hero with GN'R?
Here is where I agree with you. Im not blaming gnr or Axl for this. RObin is the one who dicked us over.

There you go again. Like Robin is the one holding the band together. How fair of you to the guys who are still in the band. How supportive of you!
Your missing my point. I am 100% supportive of the remianing members. But Tommy, Pitman, Dizzy, and Richard werent the lead guitar players.

A band is a group of people working together. It seems like to you, the band is Buckethead and Robin with some other guys.

One guy leaves the band and is replaced, it's still a band. Might even be a better band!
The band is the one that helped create CD. Many people have, but according to the writing credits, 2 of them are gone.

Youngunner, we usually agree about everything, but Robin leaving is hardly the straw that broke the back............

I am 100 percent positive CD won't sell not 1 less copy due to this and the tour won't sell 1 less ticket.

Its gonna be alright and for me even Better........ no pun intended.
I never said that his departure will ruin the sales of the album. It wont. All Im saying is that his departure takes away from the celebration.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3863 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »

I'm sad to see Robin leave now, but on the other hand, this gives Richard the opportunity to come out and shine as the awesome guitar player he really is.

Bumble/Fortus - 50/50 on lead?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #3864 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:42 PM »

what theories could there be?'

Here's one: In GN'R he's one of three guitar players.

Maybe that's not something he feels comfortable with?

Some guys prefer to play alone...

/jarmo

yeah, but he was ok for a decade though and 2 tours and all that......

I have the best theory of all and I think this is the TRUE reason.

Robin just like any musician and guitar player has an EGO.

Well, Axl released 3 songs from CD:

Shackler's for RB2 from a guy no longer in the band
If The World which features a guy no longer in the band
first single Chinese Democracy, once again, a song Robin had little help in writing

SO

Robin could've had hurt feelings, that his song "Better" wasn't chosen as a way to kick off the album.

that could've been one of the final straws and maybe he took it as a slap in the face like his material wasn't good enough to be released over 2 guys who aren't even in the band anymore.

Here u have a song "Better" thats gonna kick the naysayers asses and PROVE u are capable of being the lead guitar player of GNR and instead, your song is passed over, not once, or twice, but three times.

I admit, that would hurt my feelings.

Hell, oh Dave from VR was hurt when they didn't release Get Out The Door first as it should've been.

I see your point about being upset 'Better' hasn't been released yet, but if I were Robin (hard shoes to fill by the way...) I would be happy that 'my song' is so great and that so many will love it, and in my personal opinion, I think it will be hte first single after the CD is released.

As for those bashing Robin, I would wager money that some of you, maybe lots of you, all praised him during the time he was in GNR on tour, and not on tour. Maybe he just found his calling with NIN being the single lead guitarist, and that's what he really wants.

Life goes on, Robin was great while he was in GNR and I loved his contributions and his physical presence on stage during the tour. If this is the end of Robin Finck & GNR, it was great while it lasted. But it's surely not the first time a guitarist has left, hell he could even come back! He left before and came back!

Point is, until there is an official statement on this, I'm skeptical. But if he does leave and there is an official statement about it, then good for Robin. I thank him for his commitment to GNR the past couple years and truly loved his contributions.

Thank you Robin  peace
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #3865 on: November 12, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »

Axl was able to replace SLASH for fuck's sake.

I don't think replacing Robin is gonna be that difficult.
thats not the point....

if Slash left right before AFD was released and was replaced by someone else would you have the same feelings?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3866 on: November 12, 2008, 10:09:50 PM »

what theories could there be?'

Here's one: In GN'R he's one of three guitar players.

Maybe that's not something he feels comfortable with?

Some guys prefer to play alone...

/jarmo

yeah, but he was ok for a decade though and 2 tours and all that......

I have the best theory of all and I think this is the TRUE reason.

Robin just like any musician and guitar player has an EGO.

Well, Axl released 3 songs from CD:

Shackler's for RB2 from a guy no longer in the band
If The World which features a guy no longer in the band
first single Chinese Democracy, once again, a song Robin had little help in writing

SO

Robin could've had hurt feelings, that his song "Better" wasn't chosen as a way to kick off the album.

that could've been one of the final straws and maybe he took it as a slap in the face like his material wasn't good enough to be released over 2 guys who aren't even in the band anymore.

Here u have a song "Better" thats gonna kick the naysayers asses and PROVE u are capable of being the lead guitar player of GNR and instead, your song is passed over, not once, or twice, but three times.

I admit, that would hurt my feelings.

no offenses, but your last ''money'' theory and this one are really ridiculous...

guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hell, oh Dave from VR was hurt when they didn't release Get Out The Door first as it should've been.

puke puke puke puke puke puke puke puke

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3867 on: November 12, 2008, 10:10:14 PM »

following up on younggunner, not ONE guitarist remains from gnr 2.0 (BH, Robin, Paul). Not one! BH and Robin are all-stars and it sucks that they are gone. Im sure jarmo will be happy when slash comes on board and takes robins' spot.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3868 on: November 12, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »

The thing that really saddens me right now is the fact that Robin was the FIRST member of this new incarnation(OK, aside from Huge).  Duff is even quoted as saying he'd played with him a few times.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:13:49 PM by oneway23 » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3869 on: November 12, 2008, 10:10:55 PM »

Wow, what's with the Robin bashing now?
It's not like anyone knows what who's right and who's wrong in this situation?

First time Robin left I believe his contract had expired. Maybe Axl expected him to renew it or whatever but with no album and touring on the horizon and an offer from NIN for exactly that, can you blame Robin?

I mean, it's admirable how other people in the band chose to stay low profile and always available or on the call, meanwhile almost starving their families, but if you have the opportunities Robin has had, what's wrong with taking them?

It's his choice, respect it. He doesn't owe shit to anyone either.

Now, let's focus on the album.  Wink

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
axlrose_7
Headliner

I Rock

« Reply #3870 on: November 12, 2008, 10:12:07 PM »

Warning: What I'll express here is my sole and humble o p i n i o n.

I really, trully, bought the theory that said ''robin is just using the deadtime GNR currently has'' touring with NIN, like other bandmembers did.

And I've also bought the theory that said ''don't desperate! if he's gone for good, he or the band will make a statement clarifying this thing''

I'm mad at Robin in the first place. GNR fans have made a tremendous effort to accept him; ''another new axeman'' to fill Slash's boots. And now it seems he's not even capable of saying something, for good or bad, about his situation. After the ''Guns N' Robin'' update at GNR.com I understood that the problem here is Robin, not GNR.

But we are GNR fans. IF anyone has the responsability to inform the GNR fans, that's GNR and not Robin. If Robin's gone, that means he's not a GNR member anymore, and he has not any relation or compromise with GNR fans anymore, and the task should be reserved for the GNR management.

I dont demand anything. But IF there is someone who should inform the GNR fans, that's GNR. Gilby should not inform us about GNR because he's not a GNR member anymore. If Robin's not longer with GNR, it's not his responsability to inform us.

Jarmo: don't think for a second I've lost my excitement (which is in a tremedous level, trust me) or that I will not support the band anymore. But I think this is a pity.

I totally agree with that part of the post. It's just common sense.

BTW I don't think that "football" or "baseball" analogy of the team applies to a rock band. Sport teams are meant to change with time, while a band not necessarily is. In fact, as much as a band can stick as it is for the longer, the better. That, in a sport team, isn't that legit; because players get old and blablablah. But we're not here to talk about sports.

What I see here is the following:

Some people here are pretending to blame GNR, Robin, or even Axl himself for what happened. First of all, we don't even have clear what really happened here. All we know is that Robin decided to go on tour with Nine Inch Nails without saying a word. That he possibly may have had a falling out with Axl, that he didn't whitsand the pressure of replacing Slash (which is ridiculous), etc, etc, etc. Mere suppositions.

BUT

Nobody can't blame me for feeling sad about it, and for wanting Robin Finck to still be in Guns N' Roses, be it his fault for his current status or not (and it's funny because I was one of the most fervant Finck haters at first. I really know what some people here mean when they talk about his sloppy playing and note, but the guy has gained a place in this incarnation of the band, as Stinson and Pitman).
Nobody can't blame me for thinking this is a black spot over the new GNR, days before the release. For me it is very inoportune to reveal this situation with a few days from CD.
Nobody can't blame me for being bored of these constant lineup changes.

As long as I express it as my opinion, not as a command to GNR, it should be ok.

For me the departure of Finck is certainly a strike at GN'R credibility because he's been there for 10 years, and has seen many musicians come and go like no other. He really grew in the lead guitarrist role in the past tour and showed the hardcore GN'R fans he could handle it. Freese, Brain, Buckethead, and now Finck. I'm not saying it's GNR Camp's fault or Axl's, but what can go so wrong to make those people leave/be replaced before the damn album is released.

You'll go like "Slash and Izzy and the others are gone and just because they wrote the material and they are gone doesn't fucks up anytyhing to me", and I understand that, but I remind you that Slash and Izzy toured and lived the fuck out of those songs and represented Guns N' Roses as a legit rock band, with the records on their hands. The fact that GN'R continues today without them with Axl being the sole original member is tough, but it showed that Axl is a fucking master (I'm an Axlite). But then, it happens that the new guys that wrote the new material leave already is now something that makes me sad.

I could take Freese, I could take Buckethead, I could take Brain, but Finck? WTF? Who's next? I don't know how to explain it but the fact that Finck is gone makes more impact than the others, for some reason I can't describe. Maybe the guy just won my heart. People here is bringing up Buckethead and shit but it's mostly because adding Finck to that "missing list" we got a lot of high-profile CD material co-workers.

Maybe when Robin decided to go on tour he didn't even know that Chinese Democracy was actually going to be released this Nov. 23rd, and he commited to NIN until god-knows-when. Or he's just plainly stupid.

Oh well, I made so many random rants, and I won't even bother in organizing them up a bit. Sorry for that.

PS: I hate NIN. But I went to their show in Caracas a month ago, and it was fucking fantastic. The "Lights in the Sky" show. And I can tell the NIN fanbase do really, really appreciate Mr. Finck.
PS2: Please don't compare the Axl/Slash duo with Axl/Finck or any other. It's like Maradona and Pele. Those are two very different eras, times, and personas. Slash and co. also made the Guns N' Roses name what it is today, not only Axl, and that's the bottom line. Finck is great, Slash is a guitar god, as more as I hate his constant claims for attention or his never ending GNR history version twists.

My words may disturb but at least there's a reaction
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3871 on: November 12, 2008, 10:12:35 PM »

As long as everyone, including Jarmo, is is speculating, fuck it, let me jump on the bandwagon for a sec.

Is it at all possible that Robin's goal, at least in the recent years, has been to get Chinese Democracy out there to the people, and now that it almost is, his job is done? Mission complete? Who the fuck knows, I'm speculating just for the fuck of it Tongue Something probably went wrong.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3872 on: November 12, 2008, 10:12:58 PM »

I think the Rolling Stone review pretty much lays it all out there... Axl had a "sound" in his head as the future of Guns N' Roses... and achieving that "sound" required as many as 5 guitarists on any given track. Meanwhile, Axl, Dizzy and Tommy are basically the only 3 members consistently on each track. I hate to speculate... but I feel like Jarmo's on the right path here. Could very well be that in the end GN'R had evolved into something that Robin had not initially signed on for. He had gone from being the featured lead guitarist replacing Slash to one of a veritable army of guitarists on the album. We probably all agree that it would STILL be in his best interests to hang in there and ride the wave of the next few years as "one of the featured lead guitarists of GN'R" or whatever... but he's made another decision. Maybe he finally got some creative concessions from Reznor. Who knows? Many thanks for all his hard work and I wish him the best.

That said- a HUGE door just opened for Bumblefoot IMHO. I wouldn't pre-judge either. He was finding his way with the catalog a bit and obviously being respectful of Finck and Fortus on the 2006-07 tours. But let's see what happens with his stage presence and "rock star" aura now that he's apparently the feature player. Finck improved by leaps and bounds between 2002 and 2006. Thal can very well do the same- if not more- considering he's got better chops.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #3873 on: November 12, 2008, 10:13:55 PM »

i think he owes us an explanation

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3874 on: November 12, 2008, 10:14:46 PM »

I think the Rolling Stone review pretty much lays it all out there... Axl had a "sound" in his head as the future of Guns N' Roses... and achieving that "sound" required as many as 5 guitarists on any given track. Meanwhile, Axl, Dizzy and Tommy are basically the only 3 members consistently on each track. I hate to speculate... but I feel like Jarmo's on the right path here. Could very well be that in the end GN'R had evolved into something that Robin had not initially signed on for. He had gone from being the featured lead guitarist replacing Slash to one of a veritable army of guitarists on the album. We probably all agree that it would STILL be in his best interests to hang in there and ride the wave of the next few years as "one of the featured lead guitarists of GN'R" or whatever... but he's made another decision. Maybe he finally got some creative concessions from Reznor. Who knows? Many thanks for all his hard work and I wish him the best.

That said- a HUGE door just opened for Bumblefoot IMHO. I wouldn't pre-judge either. He was finding his way with the catalog a bit and obviously being respectful of Finck and Fortus on the 2006-07 tours. But let's see what happens with his stage presence and "rock star" aura now that he's apparently the feature player. Finck improved by leaps and bounds between 2002 and 2006. Thal can very well do the same- if not more- considering he's got better chops.

Let me tell you, Bumblefoot as the feature guitar player for Guns N' Roses would be fucking awesome! smoking He's been my favourite since he joined.

GN'R 2010!!!
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #3875 on: November 12, 2008, 10:16:53 PM »

I won't even try to imagine what happened with Robin, but there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff over the years that we don't know. Robin earned his Dr Pepper, and i'm excited to hear what all these talented musicians put together.

I do think it makes sense that GNR isn't saying anything now. EVERYTHING right now is pointed towards the release of the album, and it wouldn't be helpful to be making statements about who has left the band.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3876 on: November 12, 2008, 10:18:56 PM »

Maybe he just got sick of the GnR bullshit and politics and decided he wanted to actually get out there and play some fuckin music.

In the past 3 years NIN has put out 4 albums, and is now on the 2nd leg of the NA tour using some state of the art technology.  There is no record label no bullshit.  That can be a HUGE deal for any artist. 

I am not bashing GnR just that it is run far different then NIN.  TR says lets do something it's done there is no manegment or other crap that gets in the way.  After a decade he may have just got sick of it all. 
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #3877 on: November 12, 2008, 10:19:26 PM »

Yeah seriously, U don't diss Axl.

Im shocked Axl let him back the first time.

well hell dude, it aint like he was 1000000 percent happy and said "AW what the fuck, I'll quit GNR today 7 months before the fruits of our labor is released.

NO

Something had to happen to push him over the edge.

writing a great song and not having it believed in enough could do that.

U don't fuck with a musician's ego.

Didn't he and Bucket sort of feud?

So imagine, his song being passed over twice for the dude he feuded with.

Maybe this started when Better was supposed to maybe  be used by a Harley commercial. And they pulled the plug, and wanted Ron, to come in and do parts on all the songs, just saying, I dunno.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3878 on: November 12, 2008, 10:20:36 PM »

i think he owes us an explanation

What are you? His ex-girlfriend?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3879 on: November 12, 2008, 10:20:53 PM »

my conscience is clean as I've stated forever and a day that I've never been a fan of Robin.

Sure a lot of people will do the usual bullshit bashing now someone is out, but I can honestly say, I've never liked his tone, style, phrasing or overall general creativity.

So, I for one see this as a PLUS not a minus as now maybe Axl will get someone that I do like as far as playing is concerned.

Someone who can bend in tune and not butcher solos.

Fuck it, just let Bumble play all the solos, he does a damn good job.

anyhow, u guys are shitting on my theories, but like I said, u just don't up and fucking quit one of the biggest bands in the world for no reason.

YG, this is nowhere near Slash quitting before AFD came out as back then GNR were unknowns.

right now, Robin is an unknown outside the GNR fanbase, he didn't write but one song on the album *oops* so its not a great loss.

why?

cause the world had yet to "Recognize" robin as GNR's lead guitar player.

The world, the media, the casual fan that will make this record awesome care about Axl Rose and thats about it.

It's only die hards on a message forum who even knows or cares about this.

If U walked up to 2 million people and said, Robin Finck quit GNR, they'd say "WHO?"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: