Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:38:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787820 times)
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3800 on: November 12, 2008, 06:07:02 PM »

I am shattered that Robin is (??) goone .... He's my favourite guns member bar Axl.. But its really dissapointing the way Robin has treated this situation to th guns fans... He should be upfront and state what is going on. in other words "get on board or fuck off".......

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3801 on: November 12, 2008, 06:12:12 PM »

The rest of the world are focusing on the release.

Some here are focusing on something else.

Pretty funny how you don't seem to understand the connection between these two.

Oh right. Robin drives the delivery truck that's gonna get the CDs and LPs to the Best Buys.

Sorry, I forgot!

hihi

Jarmo, I typically agree with you but not on this one.  Just because people are expressing concern over Finck's status does not mean they arent completely jazzed for CD's release.  Not even a little.  I'm just a big fan of Robin, and I think its perfectly normal for other fans of his to be concerned over everything thats gone down with him this year.  The myspace edit is just another piece of the puzzle.  Concern over his status with the band shouldnt surprise anyone.

I've said it before, I understand the concern, I understand wanting "your" guy there etc.

But, to put things into perspective. The album is coming, there's no shows announced which would require the band to be in one place at the same time....

So I'm personally focusing on the album and everything to do with that. It's exciting as hell!

Seems like some of you have spent the last six months being concerned. Can't be easy....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3802 on: November 12, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »

What difference does that make if between them, neither the band member, the band, the band leader, or the band's management, cares enough to give their diehard fans a straightforward response?

The difference is that people are upset at the band! Demanding Axl to call Robin to get him back etc etc etc.

/jarmo

Been as you're the moderator of this place and spend a lot more time here than I do, I'll take that as red. You know your shit.

But as my post history will show, I've always felt that after the loyalty and warmth that the majority of the GNR community has shown Robin, that the responsibility was on him to give the fans an explanation that he was leaving (even if he didn't include his reasoning), particularly since he's been keeping the band in the dark (apparently).

It seems Robin doesn't give much of a fuck about the fans he's acquired through GNR if he has indeed left them, all without so much as a word of goodbye. Even if he left cause Axl said he wanted to torture his scrotum with a rusty pair of pliers, that's no reason to hold anything against the fans.

And there goes the challenger...
ben9785
« Reply #3803 on: November 12, 2008, 06:23:34 PM »

Hopefully we might hear from Robin about this, otherwise it is going to be more disappointing if Robin doesn't connect with the GNR fans who have supported him, to give some closure onto it.

At the end of the day though we'll look ahead to see what the future will bring with the tour..
GeraldFord
« Reply #3804 on: November 12, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »

It is kind of weird that Robin didn't say anything on his page.

It's also kind of sad that he'd leave now, right before the release of an album that he has been part of since 1997.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3805 on: November 12, 2008, 06:31:54 PM »

It is kind of weird that Robin didn't say anything on his page.

It's also kind of sad that he'd leave now, right before the release of an album that he has been part of since 1997.

I agree.  If this is a permanent thing and it is definite, he should let GN'R fans know.  Or, it would be nice.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3806 on: November 12, 2008, 06:47:25 PM »

I just can't understand why you'd rather be in a band "NIN" and be told what to play, instead of being in a band "GNR" where u are allowed to create.

unless u aren't that comfortable creating??

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #3807 on: November 12, 2008, 06:52:12 PM »

But, to put things into perspective. The album is coming, there's no shows announced which would require the band to be in one place at the same time....

/jarmo

promotion, photo shoot, video plans, promo performances (talks shows etc.), interviews.

I think GnR would need to be in the same place for these to happen, and would come under what i woul regard as "monumental campaign"

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
axlrose_7
Headliner

I Rock

« Reply #3808 on: November 12, 2008, 06:58:59 PM »

/jarmo

promotion, photo shoot, video plans, promo performances (talks shows etc.), interviews.

I think GnR would need to be in the same place for these to happen, and would come under what i woul regard as "monumental campaign"

Exactly.
I was just about to say that.
It's Guns N' Roses we're talking about, not Gorillaz or Daft Punk.

My words may disturb but at least there's a reaction
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3809 on: November 12, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »

/jarmo

Well you're assuming a lot of things there....

A majority of those can be done without a guitar player.

Interviews for example. Tommy's not good enough (for example)?

They managed to do videos without Izzy and he co-wrote the songs they made videos for...

So it's not the end of the world.... Everything can be solved, and I'm sure will be once they're needed to be solved.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pine Barrens
« Reply #3810 on: November 12, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »

Obviously, Robin's status in GN'R is a pretty big deal to a lot of fans. And if it generates discussion, then let it. So what? It doesn't mean I am not psyched out of my fucking mind about CD released, it just means I am also extremely concerned about whether Robin will be a part of the events that will follow the release. I am fully capable of discussing two things at once and will continue to do so. I guess I just don't understand how discussing Robin's status takes away from anything else... Huh And as far as the listening parties go, yeah they are cool and all, but they only really affect the people who can attend. I'd say Robin's status affects quite a few more people, therefore it will be discussed more.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:15:42 PM by Pine Barrens » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3811 on: November 12, 2008, 07:23:02 PM »

Jarmo you are 1000% right when you say there is nothing we or Axl can do. If Robin doesnt want to be with the band its his life. We cant force him to be in GNR.

But you cant tell me that his departure doesnt take away from the release of CD and the new era of GNR.

If you are of the opinion that this is the Axl Rose solo project then yea you can make a strong case that his departure doesnt mean anything.

But if you think this is a band then you cant tell me that his departure doesnt hurt. Axl has rebuilt GNR so that he has a band to back it up. Other than a frontman the main players that get the most attention are the lead guitar players.

Without Robin or Bucket this band is lacking that appeal. Yea the media can interview the other guys but we as fans have waited for years to hear what Robin and Bucket have to say about the music they worked on. Particularly Robin. I can only recall one interview he did a long time ago regarding gnr.

Your going to tell me that GNR videos will be more exciting and meaningful without Robin or Bucket?

What pisses me off is that Robin hasnt stepped up and said anything over this whole time. I am surprised because he came across as a cool guy.

I guess there is nothing we can do.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #3812 on: November 12, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »

From Theninhotline.net

Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon.

This has been a daily service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Swindley.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:42:34 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3813 on: November 12, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »

Pretty gutless.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #3814 on: November 12, 2008, 07:56:26 PM »

i really can't stand his live solos...but i must admit his contributions on cd are awesome

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #3815 on: November 12, 2008, 08:01:46 PM »

I think this really sucks. I don't even know what to write.

I felt like this when Izzy left and seriously have never felt the same. Izzy left at their highest moment and it seems to me Robin is not far off. I say this as a fan that I did not like him in 2001 but got to like him in 2006-present.

whatever...what's another guitar player anyway? 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:08:04 PM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #3816 on: November 12, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »

I think this really sucks. I don't even know what to write.

me neither.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:14:15 PM by happy (the poster formerly known as whiny) » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3817 on: November 12, 2008, 08:17:43 PM »

But you cant tell me that his departure doesnt take away from the release of CD and the new era of GNR.

For me it doesn't change the fact that his parts are on the album and in ten days I can listen to them over and over again.

Thinking about it, I don't think the subject of this thread will have any effect on me enjoying the new album.

Sorry!

If you are of the opinion that this is the Axl Rose solo project then yea you can make a strong case that his departure doesnt mean anything.

Sorry to disappoint. I'm not saying that. It's a band.

But I'm also not saying this is the Robin and Buckethead show.

But if you think this is a band then you cant tell me that his departure doesnt hurt. Axl has rebuilt GNR so that he has a band to back it up.

Do you want it to hurt? Since you keep bringing it up over and over again?

Without Robin or Bucket this band is lacking that appeal.

Oh really? I didn't see people complaining about Buckethead not being at the shows in 2006 or 2007.

Just say it, they lack the "appeal" to you.

You want the band to cater to your personal needs.

Your going to tell me that GNR videos will be more exciting and meaningful without Robin or Bucket?

None of them are in the old videos and they're still exciting and meaningful. Is that possible?

And since I haven't seen the new videos, just like you haven't, it's very difficult to say!

You just want your guys to be there so badly that you make up bullshit reasons like "GNR videos will be more exciting and meaningful".

You've had quite some time to get used to Buckethead being out of GN'R now.... You just keep going on and on and on about it.

Reminds me of some other people.

In addition, you thinking GN'R needs Buckethead and/or Robin for credibility.

I'm not sure people will agree when they realize Buckethead talks through a hand puppet?

No disrespect to Buckethead, he's an amazing guitar player. But the things you mention as being "needed" in GN'R, could also be disadvantages. You just choose to ignore them.

Think of a live show where one guy acts like a robot. Exciting to you maybe, but some might not agree.

Then you have the image. One guy has a bucket on his head.

Just some examples on how the credibility route some of you are pushing so hard might not just be the answer, it could also be a problem.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:35:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3818 on: November 12, 2008, 08:17:48 PM »

I mean no disrespect to Robin Finck, and I understand he has gained a lot of fans over the years.  And if he's out, I understand those people have a right to be upset about that.  But to claim Guns N' Roses NEEDS Robin Finck to have some sort of identity, as if the media and the rest of the world won't accept GNR without him.  That's pushing it.  I'd be willing to bet if you go out on the street and ask 100 people who Robin Finck is, you MAY get a handful who do.  Obviously he's talented and he's all over CD, but he's not Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, or even Slash or Buckethead.  In ability, stature, or image.  

I'm looking forward to 11/23, if Robin's not coming with me, then fine.  That's not gonna dampen my excitement ONE BIT!  And as someone said a couple times in this thread, it is possible that there is already a plan in place, if he indeed is gone.  They've known of his shaky status for some time now, I would expect they would've taken the necessary steps to cover themselves in any and all cases.  Before the Hammerstein shows we weren't sure if they would have 2 or 3 guitarists until Axl announced it on Trunk's show.  And we didn't know it was Bumblefoot until they hit the stage.  So as they unleash the beast I'm sure the answers will appear.  Once again, we can't always get them on OUR watch.  I'm excited at what lies ahead, and personally NEXT Sunday can't get here soon enough.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3819 on: November 12, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »

Guns N' Roses, November 23, Chinese Democracy peace

Do not forget that.

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: