Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:19:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748038 times)
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »

Interesting.

Ultimately until we hear from GNR we don't know if Robin has left or not. Even if he has, he's done it before, and been back on stage with GNR within months of ceasing to play with NIN. The important thing is that this isn't the end of the band. If Robin has left, it's very possible he'll come back. He might just have realised his touring diary for 2008 looked clear, and was asked by Trent if he'd like to play with NIN, and he said yes, and that's all there is to it. This doesn't mean that Robin's left GNR, it means that Robins playing with NIN.

Tommy, Frank, Dizzy, and Robin have all toured with other bands since joining GNR. Lets sit tight and wait until we hear from GNR. Even if Robin has left, lets not forget that he's helped craft some of GNR's best songs and be glad for his contribution to them and touring the world with the band twice. GNR are in no way done and dusted. There's more to come. There's no way Axl and the rest of the band would've put so much into CD just to quit at this point.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2008, 10:40:06 AM »

It's like Jarmo was saying...or you support GnR or you support the ones that leave the band.  Hell, i love Robin Finck and if he's really gone i'll miss him, he has a unique stage presence and adds a lot to this line up. But if and i'll say it again, IF he chose to leave GnR, he also chose to leave the GnR fans so those of you that are true gunners will not allow this shit, and you'll move on supporting the band and not the one who left the boat.

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »

so they take off a few months to rehearse a new lead guitarist in the middle of the tour? i really doubt it

I'm sure Trent has plenty of backup guitar players.

You're telling me a new lead guitarist can't be ready to go at a moment's notice?

Is there some rule where only one guitarist can be rehearsed at a time? Huh

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
suicide
VIP

« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2008, 10:57:51 AM »

It's like Jarmo was saying...or you support GnR or you support the ones that leave the band.  Hell, i love Robin Finck and if he's really gone i'll miss him, he has a unique stage presence and adds a lot to this line up. But if and i'll say it again, IF he chose to leave GnR, he also chose to leave the GnR fans so those of you that are true gunners will not allow this shit, and you'll move on supporting the band and not the one who left the boat.

Bullshit, you can support Axl and the ex-members... Why should we take sides? Come on... I'm still a Slash fan and I also like Buckethead. That doesn't mean that I can't wait for Axl to release his album. I fuckin' support whoever I want to support and you can't tell me that I have to choose who I want to support.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »

Perhaps Finck's contract with GnR' is up and he's not getting cheques anymore. It's not like he has royalty cheques coming in with GnR'.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2008, 11:03:55 AM »

I'll still love guns no matter what, but it just won't be the same without Robin....

Most fans said the same when Slash left. I'd be sad if any member would leave right now, Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard...but I understand too, it must be kinda weird to be there and not knowing really what's going to happen next. It's kinda fun when you're young and getting started in the music business and all, maybe when you're like 35-40 you like to have some stability and know what's going to happen with your band, I don't know. The thing is, most of us here just talk in the dark because we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Anyway, I'm guessing Robin must have a pretty good reason to leave now, if he hasn't left between 2002 and 2006. That's too bad for us, but it wouldn't be the first time that a lead guitarist would leave the band.

Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2008, 11:05:17 AM »

Bullshit, you can support Axl and the ex-members... Why should we take sides? Come on... I'm still a Slash fan and I also like Buckethead. That doesn't mean that I can't wait for Axl to release his album. I fuckin' support whoever I want to support and you can't tell me that I have to choose who I want to support.

Calm down...i'm not saying who you should support. I'm still a huge Slash fan, and by the way i'm a big time fan of NIN!  

I'm just saying that if he left it was probably his choice, and we shouldnt be "in panic" thinking what will we do without him...and of course you have the right to be upset with Robin if he left the band.  Just take a deep breath and solve your problems before you try to blame me for them ok?

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
cineater
Legend

« Reply #387 on: April 06, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »

He stole Robin to the tune from a Dead song?

You bastard!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #388 on: April 06, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »

I love you msaxl markreed suiside. and anyone of the same mindset.

We love Robin. and in any case We love GNR. peace

It's only idiocy to bash GNR for the love of the exes.

I don't like the formers that diss GNR.

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #389 on: April 06, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »

As long as Axl is singing and he is the one who decides how the songs will sound like, I don't care who is playing what on which instrument

that's exactly how i feel too...

the whole band could be replaced tomorrow and as long as that wont affect CD i wouldnt complain about it

the only thing that puzzles me (if robin has of course really left) is the timing of the departute....

homo homini lupus...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #390 on: April 06, 2008, 11:22:10 AM »

Robin is going to tour with another band !   Richard toured with Nena for a whole summer, and just did shows with Japan X.  Tommy toured with Soul Asylum.  Frank is touring with Pisser.  Dizzy does his own thing.  BBF is doing his own record.

The only difference is NIN is a huge band with a lot of success.  If NIN was a small club act no one would care.  If he leaves, he leaves.  But if its just a tour then its not a big deal, and its not like NIN has set members, they just tour.

Im pretty much agree with your post.
NIN have only booked concerts from July to early September.. and if there was any GNR shows in this timeframe, i guess we would have
known it by now. NIN is a one man project. Robin has a history with NIN. If Chinese Democracy is around the corner, there is no way
Robin would have left the band. Im pretty sure, that he will be back with Guns if they tour late 2008.

Until something else is announced Robin is still a part of GNR.

true. still, the statement that robin is back with nin and going on a WORLD TOUR suggests that he'll be off for more than a little while. let's wait until monday or tuesday. if nothing official comes next week, we can go back into speculations by then (yeah, i know that this doesn't work; when a doctor tells you, you might have a serious disease, you also don't just wait patiently till you get the test results. sticking to that metaphor: maybe the doctor will finally tell us, that he has to amputate an arm. in this case, the arm is robin. we and gnr can still live without him, but something's missing ).

agreed that there's no confirmation(we're not the patient that might be losing the arm by the way the doctor is) and as for the statement,

Judging from his past comments torent is very attached to robin. sorta possessive?
I see a sense of one-sided rivalry with axl in his diction and the gnr related pics.

Perhaps Finck's contract with GnR' is up and he's not getting cheques anymore. It's not like he has royalty cheques coming in with GnR'.

perhaps you come here to get cheques from somewhere?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:28:27 AM by ppbebe » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2008, 11:23:48 AM »

maybe i'm reading too much into this but, jarmo, your last comments sound as if robin was really gone. things don't look too promising in this perspective. if you knew robin was still in gnr, you'd choose a different tone or argumental approach. sorry, i don't want to go too far: but it's hard to believe that you don't know anything (at least more than we do) about what's going on...

I was talking in general terms about the history of GN'R and responding to the comment I quoted.

People have left in the past, GN'R have kept going and I've been a GN'R fan through it all.

My support for GN'R is still there even IF Robin has left/chooses to leave the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #392 on: April 06, 2008, 11:35:13 AM »

But Jarmo...do you know something?

You're one of the two members who have some contacts with Guns N' Roses...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #393 on: April 06, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

I know what I saw on NIN.com.

That's why I said if he leaves, meaning if it's something long term/permanent.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #394 on: April 06, 2008, 11:44:50 AM »

and NIN touring members aren't permanent unless trent decided to write with them.

By the time I got here / and izzy were long gone.  peace

It wasn't long until I heard BH's departure. Nothing can hurt me anymore.

But ppbebe, remember, things can always get worse.

I know. lets save ourselves for such an occasion.

and remember things can always get better.  Cheesy  that's life.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #395 on: April 06, 2008, 11:58:35 AM »

Will you fuckin calm down.

Finck is a touring member of NIN, as opposed to GN'R where he is a recording member...

Don't you see the fuckin difference...?

The writing is on the wall. Finck is gone. He is not just a touring member of NIN.  And even if he was just touring Id have a problem with it this time around,...

As for the whole GNR will move on theme. Of course they will. But you cant compare previous lineup changes to this. These guys arent established like Izzy was established. Plus when Izzy left the fans still had Slash and to a lesser extent Duff....

With this situation, yea the genral public doesnt know dick about the new gnr lineup but we do. We have been supporting and defending this new band since day 1. We have watched them develop into a powerhouse.

Dont you people want to see the players who had a major impact onf CD play there songs on stage? If you subscribe to the lets just move on theory than you are just a fan of CD and not GNR. I wish Robin made a better choice here. Something must have happened. It just doesnt make sense that he would leave when his blood sweat and tears is about to be released. Something doesnt jive.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #396 on: April 06, 2008, 12:03:10 PM »

I did some NIN tour research...and i would like to say off the bat that this is just based on past tour efforts by NIN and what we may be able to expect from the Ghosts tour...

the fragility tour spanned from Nov 14, 1999 - July 9, 2000 - 8 months...77 Dates

for With Teeth NIN toured from Mar 23, 2005 - July 8th, 2006 - 17 Months...172 dates

for Year Zero Nin Toured from Feb 10th, 2007 - Sept 18, 2007 - 8 Months...83 dates and no US dates

so, to me, this says robin is out of gnr from 8 months to a year and half starting in late July of this year

so ... by my assumptions ..... Robin will be touring with NIN from July 25, 2008 until anywhere between March 2009 - January 2010, of course we dont know anything for sure until we get more confimations from either NIN or GnR as to the expected tenure of Robin's involvement with Trent...jsut putting the Ghosts tour in perspective with the last 3 NIN tours peace

http://www.ninwiki.com/Tours

i dont wanna get into a long debate again...I'm just sharing what i researched  peace

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #397 on: April 06, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »

I know what I saw on NIN.com.

That's why I said if he leaves, meaning if it's something long term/permanent.

/jarmo

I see...

But I don't think he leaves Guns N' Roses. I don't think so.

I mean, Richard with X Japan, Frank with Plummer, Dizzy with Hookers...There's no reason to be affraid.

I want a kind of statement from Axl...that would be the best thing...

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #398 on: April 06, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »

I'll still love guns no matter what, but it just won't be the same without Robin....

Most fans said the same when Slash left. I'd be sad if any member would leave right now, Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard...but I understand too, it must be kinda weird to be there and not knowing really what's going to happen next. It's kinda fun when you're young and getting started in the music business and all, maybe when you're like 35-40 you like to have some stability and know what's going to happen with your band, I don't know. The thing is, most of us here just talk in the dark because we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Anyway, I'm guessing Robin must have a pretty good reason to leave now, if he hasn't left between 2002 and 2006. That's too bad for us, but it wouldn't be the first time that a lead guitarist would leave the band.

Sure I agree man don't get me wrong. My love for the band will still be there! I've been a fan for a long time, I'm not about to stop now. But I want Robin to be there too. When he came into the band back in 98, it excited me more then anything else so far. I was a fan of his playing before he was even in the band, he brought something magical to the project that is gonna be really hard to replace.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #399 on: April 06, 2008, 12:16:13 PM »

Will you fuckin calm down.

Finck is a touring member of NIN, as opposed to GN'R where he is a recording member...

Don't you see the fuckin difference...?

The writing is on the wall. Finck is gone. He is not just a touring member of NIN.  And even if he was just touring Id have a problem with it this time around,...

As for the whole GNR will move on theme. Of course they will. But you cant compare previous lineup changes to this. These guys arent established like Izzy was established. Plus when Izzy left the fans still had Slash and to a lesser extent Duff....

With this situation, yea the genral public doesnt know dick about the new gnr lineup but we do. We have been supporting and defending this new band since day 1. We have watched them develop into a powerhouse.

Dont you people want to see the players who had a major impact onf CD play there songs on stage? If you subscribe to the lets just move on theory than you are just a fan of CD and not GNR. I wish Robin made a better choice here. Something must have happened. It just doesnt make sense that he would leave when his blood sweat and tears is about to be released. Something doesnt jive.

Actually, everyone not named Trent Reznor who plays NIN songs with him onstage are touring members.  Trent Reznor is NIN, everyone else is just a hired live player.

Robin would be at best a touring member of NIN, nothing more.  Nothing else is possible.

Ali
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:20:08 PM by Ali » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: