Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787664 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #3780 on: November 12, 2008, 05:36:43 PM »

What would you have said if Slash left before AFD was released or before the Illusions was released?

Finck leaving is a bloody disaster and anyone with some rational thinking can see that. GNR used to have to very distinctive guitar players in BH and Finck. Now they're both gone and neither Ron or Richard comes close to presenting themselves like BH and Finck did. It's a problem.

Find a replacement? Oh yes..maybe someone great.

But to have guitar players copying the riffs Robin did and copying Slash riffs which Robin did before him is not a good thing.

It's sort of a copy of a copy of a copy.

There's nothing good about it. To have all those musicians on CD with their contributions does nothing for the integrity of Guns N Roses as
a band. To know that half of those who did the album are already gone just makes the whole thing worse. The only good thing about it is that
the GNR camp shuts their mouths about it so no one outside the hardcore fanbase knows. It might be what saves them in the end. But for me, there is a limit
to how many line up changes I can handle or deal with before I simply get to dizzy and jumps off the carousel.

It's their choice fine, whatever they wanna do, but for the sake of the future of this band it's simply not good.

Izzy left right after UYI....

If Robin's gone that kind of sucks, but GN'R will continue without him.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3781 on: November 12, 2008, 05:40:39 PM »

What difference does that make if between them, neither the band member, the band, the band leader, or the band's management, cares enough to give their diehard fans a straightforward response?

The difference is that people are upset at the band! Demanding Axl to call Robin to get him back etc etc etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Death Cube K
« Reply #3782 on: November 12, 2008, 05:41:58 PM »

Izzy left right after UYI....

He wasn't Slash, besides the albums was already released.

GNR will continue onwards I'm quite sure, but it's not about that. It's about presenting this band as a real band and that approach is wearing extremely thin.

People will look at that booklet now and see pics of Finck, Brain, Buckethead and be as puzzled as a fish out of water.

The difference is that people are upset at the band!

Ever thought about the fact that people are upset at the band because they feel that this has taken too long and therefore stretched quitting band members patience just way too far and actually agrees with them when they feel enough is enough with the waiting and leaves? May not agree with it myself, but clearly you see the connection
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:43:37 PM by DCK » Logged
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3783 on: November 12, 2008, 05:43:22 PM »

What would you have said if Slash left before AFD was released or before the Illusions was released?

Finck leaving is a bloody disaster and anyone with some rational thinking can see that. GNR used to have to very distinctive guitar players in BH and Finck. Now they're both gone and neither Ron or Richard comes close to presenting themselves like BH and Finck did. It's a problem.

Find a replacement? Oh yes..maybe someone great.

But to have guitar players copying the riffs Robin did and copying Slash riffs which Robin did before him is not a good thing.

It's sort of a copy of a copy of a copy.

There's nothing good about it. To have all those musicians on CD with their contributions does nothing for the integrity of Guns N Roses as
a band. To know that half of those who did the album are already gone just makes the whole thing worse. The only good thing about it is that
the GNR camp shuts their mouths about it so no one outside the hardcore fanbase knows. It might be what saves them in the end. But for me, there is a limit
to how many line up changes I can handle or deal with before I simply get to dizzy and jumps off the carousel.

It's their choice fine, whatever they wanna do, but for the sake of the future of this band it's simply not good.

Could be worse...David Coverdale fired the entire band that played on Whitesnake's self titled breakthrough.

from Wikipedia: 
None of the band members who played on the album appeared in these videos, as Coverdale had fired all of the band members (John Sykes, Neil Murray and Aynsley Dunbar) prior to the album's release, except Adrian Vandenberg, who had been hired to complete the album after the others were dismissed. Vandenberg's only work on the album was the solo on "Here I Go Again" though he became a full time member of the band shortly afterwards.

The resulting music videos from Whitesnake featured new band members Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, and Vivian Campbell. Sarzo and Aldridge had played together in Ozzy's band and Campbell had been with Dio for many years.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3784 on: November 12, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »

Im not trying to start any shit here, I promise Jarmo this isn't what this post I am about to make is trying to do.

BUT:

If Axl can survive without Steven, Then Izzy, then Slash, then Matt and then Duff................. I am pretty sure Axl will still be able to survive without Robin or whomever else.

If people don't want to be in the band, SEE YA LATER!  Thats their choice and THEIR fault.

Axl to my knowledge has never put any kind of restraints on the new band.  Hell, I've actually been appalled at times at all the side project and solo shit that goes on.

Nuno Bettencourt is a tool.  GNR is the worst gig in LA?

SHIT

U get paid to record, paid to tour and are free to do whatever the hell else u want to do when the band isn't doing their thing. On top of getting to write with and record with one of the greatest songwriting geniuses in music history.

sounds great to me. Fuck sign me up!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3785 on: November 12, 2008, 05:44:54 PM »

I think that IF Robin has definitely decided to leave, he should make a comment to the GN'R fans.  If he has made no such definite decision, then I don't think he needs to say something at this point.

If it was Robin's choice, I think it would be ideal if he were to explain his thoughts and motivations.  Not that he is obligated to in any way.  It would be nice, though.

GN'R can comment on the situation from their perspective, like they did before, but they obviously cannot speak to Robin's motivations.  Only he can.

Ali
Death Cube K
« Reply #3786 on: November 12, 2008, 05:46:08 PM »

I think that IF Robin has definitely decided to leave, he should make a comment to the GN'R fans.

Yep. Above all it's extremely fucking rude to not tell anyone that he quit. Enough for me to stop being a fan of him this very second.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #3787 on: November 12, 2008, 05:47:50 PM »

No - he doesn't.  2 things made GNR great.  

1.  Axl's shredding visceral lyrics complimented by soaring sustained solos.
2.  Big eye catching personalities at both roles.

Axl and Bumble ain't gonna cut it.
Man, some 'fans' make me shake my head...I guess people would bitch if Slash replaced Robin.  Bumblefoot is an amazing guitarist.  Guitars Suck, anyways.  smoking

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
ben9785
« Reply #3788 on: November 12, 2008, 05:49:46 PM »

Robin was the reason why I got interested in GNR to this day. I was a big fan of his playing in NIN, and really enjoyed what he bought to the live shows - His sound, his presence.. and, of course, thanks to Robin for "Better".

But if, for any reason, Robin does not have a place in GNR, or if he is not inspired to return to GNR for any reason, that's a shame, but it's probably for the best. And thanks to Robin for what he's bought to GNR.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3789 on: November 12, 2008, 05:51:51 PM »

I say give Fortus a more prominent role and bring back the mastermind behind CD, Paul Tobias. I like Paul.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3790 on: November 12, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »

What difference does that make if between them, neither the band member, the band, the band leader, or the band's management, cares enough to give their diehard fans a straightforward response?

The difference is that people are upset at the band! Demanding Axl to call Robin to get him back etc etc etc.

So is it confirmed that Robin is indeed out of Guns or just more confusion as per usual?  

Would be nice if we were given the status since the release is, oh, imminent.

/jarmo

So has it been confirmed for sure that Robin is out yet?
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #3791 on: November 12, 2008, 05:53:15 PM »

As I mentioned before, they may have known this for months and months.  They probably already have a plan in place.

If they have known this for months and months... why they would choose 11/12/2008 (10 days away from the release) to suggest he's gone?

Sorry but Robin suggested that he might be gone last spring.

/jarmo

the GNR myspace suggested he was in the band yesterday.

So?

Robin left without saying anything and since then you've been asking GN'R for answers.

How about asking Robin himself?

/jarmo

Shouldn't both of them explain to their fans what is going on?

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3792 on: November 12, 2008, 05:53:44 PM »

I say give Fortus a more prominent role and bring back the mastermind behind CD, Paul Tobias. I like Paul.

I second Tobias.  Here's hoping!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3793 on: November 12, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »

How many times does it have to be repeated?

The rest of the world are focusing on the release.

Some here are focusing on something else.

It's almost like nothing has happened in the past month.

A fucking edit on the Myspace page generates more talk than the FREE CHINESE DEMOCRACY LISTENING events.

They do something nice for all the fans but you'd rather be here talking about how this guy and that guy needs to be in the band.

How they should give an update on the guitar player situation roughly a week and a half before the album, that you've been "waiting" for since before time, is released.

I think people should take a step back and think about what the hell they're doing.

And if this really is getting in the way of you being able to enjoy all the excitement, I'm sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAC185
« Reply #3794 on: November 12, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »

What i don't understand is, today, right now, in what capacity can Robin be "in" or "out", GNR are not playing without him today. GNR ARE releasing a record soon. This is what matters to me. Robin also is a large part of that record that i shall be buying and enjoying very much.

The hypothetical doesn't really interest me when for once in so long we have definites.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #3795 on: November 12, 2008, 06:00:25 PM »

A fucking edit on the Myspace page generates more talk than the FREE CHINESE DEMOCRACY LISTENING events.

They do something nice for all the fans but you'd rather be here talking about how this guy and that guy needs to be in the band.

How they should give an update on the guitar player situation roughly a week and a half before the album, that you've been "waiting" for since before time, is released.

I think people should take a step back and think about what the hell they're doing.

And if this really is getting in the way of you being able to enjoy all the excitement, I'm sorry.

/jarmo

Well I for one am more interested in who is in the band than a listening party.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Death Cube K
« Reply #3796 on: November 12, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »

Pretty funny how you don't seem to understand the connection between these two.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3797 on: November 12, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, I typically agree with you but not on this one.  Just because people are expressing concern over Finck's status does not mean they arent completely jazzed for CD's release.  Not even a little.  I'm just a big fan of Robin, and I think its perfectly normal for other fans of his to be concerned over everything thats gone down with him this year.  The myspace edit is just another piece of the puzzle.  Concern over his status with the band shouldnt surprise anyone.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #3798 on: November 12, 2008, 06:01:50 PM »

Who needs Robin...Axl is going to blow your f--king minds when he walks out, grabs BBF's guitar, and breaks into his take on 'Surfin' with the Alien'.    hihi

Lets celebrate CD, and when the band lets us know whats up...well, thats whats up!  ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3799 on: November 12, 2008, 06:02:42 PM »

I think its kind of cool that people care about Robin and bandmembers. I personally am not gonna lose any sleep over it cause I care about the CD and the listening party, but its nice to see new members have been embraced enough where that does take some precedence over the biggest moment in our GNR lives.

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: