Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:35:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787670 times)
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #3760 on: November 12, 2008, 04:26:22 PM »

Fact of the matter is, everyone who was in the 2002 lineup is on the album in copious amounts.

Of those that were, only Bucket has definitely left. Brain says he is hopeful he will play with the band in future. Finck? Who knows? I'd love to see him back and I am sure he will want to. He wouldn't put this much into the band and the songs without wanting to see it through. But let's be blunt about it : Robin loves to play, he loves NIN, and he loves GNR : so when he was offered a chance to tour with NIN and had nothing else planned that summer, who was going to tell him no to?

Tommy, Bucket, Brain, Robin, Richard, Dizzy : all have toured without Guns since they joined the band, and it doesn't automatically mean they've left. Some people will probably moan that it isn't GNR because Paul H isn't there...

The 2002 lineup was great. The 2006 lineup is great. Whatever happens now, the album is done, and when everyone hears that the doubters will be silenced, because the album is a goddamn masterpiece.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3761 on: November 12, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »

can it be that hard for the GNR management or Robin himself to CLARIFY this subject?

its a fact that fans DO CARE about this.

Does it really matter until the band is gonna play shows?

Do you think it would be a good idea to switch focus to this now?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3762 on: November 12, 2008, 04:30:02 PM »

True to a certain degree.

You must've seen many cases where some of the best players didn't work well as a team

Ask a Yankees fan.....

It might look amazing on paper, but the total sum of the parts isn't as great as it's in theory.

That's why, even in a band, you might get better results by going for chemistry instead of just staring yourself blind on the names.

When Richard joined, he fit in. It was natural.

Same with Ron and Frank.

They work well in the band.

I agree it is their decision and it is unbelievable that they would walk away at this juncture. Lets see what happens and what Axl has up his sleeve... maybe Dave Navarro comes back or Zack Wylde.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3763 on: November 12, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »

can it be that hard for the GNR management or Robin himself to CLARIFY this subject?

its a fact that fans DO CARE about this.

Does it really matter until the band is gonna play shows?

Do you think it would be a good idea to switch focus to this now?

/jarmo

NO!! You're damn right!! We agree on that!

But, then... why for god's sake the GNR people decides to erase Robin from the myspace being 10 days away from the day we waited for half of our lives??!?

GNR itself is, in one way or another, the one switching the focus

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3764 on: November 12, 2008, 04:34:55 PM »

As I mentioned before, they may have known this for months and months.  They probably already have a plan in place.
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #3765 on: November 12, 2008, 04:37:36 PM »

Robin Finck was in Guns N' Roses for a long time. Can't it just happen that sometimes people move on? GNR is a communal band, always has been, with members coming and going. Nothing will change. That's part of what makes these songs so good--new members push the contributions of the old.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3766 on: November 12, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »

As I mentioned before, they may have known this for months and months.  They probably already have a plan in place.

If they have known this for months and months... why they would choose 11/12/2008 (10 days away from the release) to suggest he's gone?

Robin Finck was in Guns N' Roses for a long time. Can't it just happen that sometimes people move on? GNR is a communal band, always has been, with members coming and going. Nothing will change. That's part of what makes these songs so good--new members push the contributions of the old.

sorry, but that's just bullshit. Specially the last sentence.

Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3767 on: November 12, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »

those of you who saw gnr play in the past few years.. were you any less excited when axl started to wail and the opening notes to jungle started playing, even though it wasn't slash?

I saw GNR and I saw VR. When Axl came out and wailed it was awesome! When VR came out and Slash ripped it it was awesome. As excited as I was to see new GNR I would have jumped out of my shoes if I saw Axl and Slash!

If you are a casual fan I guess it does not matter, but if you are a hardcore fan like the people here it does matter to a certain extent. I mean think about it when BF plays DC it does not sound like when Slash played it and neither does KOHD. I am sure BF and whoever replaces Robin will bring a different sound than Robin and BH even though they are playing the same songs on tour.
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #3768 on: November 12, 2008, 04:44:17 PM »

Ah, I see. You ask me a question and I answer why I think what I posted, but that's not good enough for you.

Typical.

If you don't want me to answer, don't ask!

/jarmo

Thanks.

Actually I was looking forward to your answer, but of course I didn't know what your answer was going to be. Indeed I was hoping for a better answer, because after reading your posts, it seemed to me that you were in the know.

No offence mate!  ok

Bests,

Niek
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3769 on: November 12, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »

If they have known this for months and months... why they would choose 11/12/2008 (10 days away from the release) to suggest he's gone?

Sorry but Robin suggested that he might be gone last spring.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3770 on: November 12, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »

/jarmo

the GNR myspace suggested he was in the band yesterday.

Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3771 on: November 12, 2008, 04:48:30 PM »

They may just have realized this recently and updated the myspace page.  They are probably overhauling their official website, which I would think takes precedence.  Again, this is all pure speculation from people (us) who have no frigging clue what is really happening.  I trust Axl,and I also trust Irving Azoff and Andy Gould.  Notice how amazing their subtle yet screaming presence has been in the last 90+ days.  All since Azoff/Gould got involved.  These are not small time agents.  

In those 3 I trust...I'm sure all will be great.  If CD debuts at #1, and is a smash (as I believe it will be), most fans will remember Finck as a contributor to the album and that's that.  It's still Axl's band and he is the main force driving the songs, the album and the band.  
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3772 on: November 12, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »

/jarmo

So?

Robin left without saying anything and since then you've been asking GN'R for answers.

How about asking Robin himself?

/jarmo

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #3773 on: November 12, 2008, 04:55:39 PM »

guys, buckethead has left the band for quite some time but his parts are prominent on CD and maybe on feature releases as well.

I am sure the same will happen with robin. For christ sake, Tobias left centuries ago but he is credited on numerous tracks!

I don't see what the big deal is. The members have left but their music remains.

If your problem is the live shows I am sure that Axl has enough charisma to compensate for every lost member. smoking

homo homini lupus...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3774 on: November 12, 2008, 04:58:39 PM »

So it is impossible that they left the door open for him since spring till 10 days before the biggest day in recent history of GN'R. For whatever reason Robin couldn't / didn't want to be part of the game plan and everyone except football and gnr fans moved on. The world kept turning.
dirtyballs
Opening Act

Lives Forever!

« Reply #3775 on: November 12, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »

Guys, who cares about Robin anyway...
What did he contribute that was reaaallllyyy unique Huh?
I mean, If he leaves without a statement... fuck it, show must go on!!!!
Stop the wanking ! peace

evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #3776 on: November 12, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »

guys, buckethead has left the band for quite some time but his parts are prominent on CD and maybe on feature releases as well.

I am sure the same will happen with robin. For christ sake, Tobias left centuries ago but he is credited on numerous tracks!

I don't see what the big deal is. The members have left but their music remains.

If your problem is the live shows I am sure that Axl has enough charisma to compensate for every lost member. smoking

No - he doesn't.  2 things made GNR great.  

1.  Axl's shredding visceral lyrics complimented by soaring sustained solos.
2.  Big eye catching personalities at both roles.

Axl and Bumble ain't gonna cut it.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3777 on: November 12, 2008, 05:18:26 PM »

/jarmo

So?

Robin left without saying anything and since then you've been asking GN'R for answers.

How about asking Robin himself?

/jarmo

What difference does that make if between them, neither the band member, the band, the band leader, or the band's management, cares enough to give their diehard fans a straightforward response?

And there goes the challenger...
GeraldFord
« Reply #3778 on: November 12, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »

To bad if it's true--hope we know in a few days.
Death Cube K
« Reply #3779 on: November 12, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »

What would you have said if Slash left before AFD was released or before the Illusions was released?

Finck leaving is a bloody disaster and anyone with some rational thinking can see that. GNR used to have to very distinctive guitar players in BH and Finck. Now they're both gone and neither Ron or Richard comes close to presenting themselves like BH and Finck did. It's a problem.

Find a replacement? Oh yes..maybe someone great.

But to have guitar players copying the riffs Robin did and copying Slash riffs which Robin did before him is not a good thing.

It's sort of a copy of a copy of a copy.

There's nothing good about it. To have all those musicians on CD with their contributions does nothing for the integrity of Guns N Roses as
a band. To know that half of those who did the album are already gone just makes the whole thing worse. The only good thing about it is that
the GNR camp shuts their mouths about it so no one outside the hardcore fanbase knows. It might be what saves them in the end. But for me, there is a limit
to how many line up changes I can handle or deal with before I simply get to dizzy and jumps off the carousel.

It's their choice fine, whatever they wanna do, but for the sake of the future of this band it's simply not good.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:32:03 PM by DCK » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: