Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747116 times)
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #360 on: April 06, 2008, 06:11:19 AM »

Thanks for making this clear. I?m not in the forums right now and when I?ve read it I almost had a strike!!

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #361 on: April 06, 2008, 06:12:40 AM »

stop talking like he hasnt left...
Theres a picture on NIN official site of finck with the text  : WELCOME BACK

how much more obvious does it have to be,
they wouldnt say "welcome back finck just for a tour and then you can go back to gnr, then we will do this again when we tour next"

I think its pretty safe to say Finck is gone, I mean why would axl let him play with nin when we are THIS close to chinese democracy,
axl will want all his bandmate behind him at this time,
I say if Finck chooses that industrial -somewhat mediocre band over gnr,
then I dont want him in gnr if he cant even realize what a great opportunity he has passed up,

and for people who think finck isnt leaving gnr, hes only touring etc....

Why didnt he go tour with nin when gnr werent active in the years between 2003- to start of 2006
The white teeth NIN tour was on during that time, why didnt finck tour then?

I think fincks gone, which sux, and If it is true, I hope Axl doesnt let him back in a second time, this isnt some 9-5 job , and you go home on the weekends when you want...

a- You're missing something. NIN is Trent Reznor and if Reznor posts this welcome back stuff, it's about the live band. Robin could record some loops for the next NIN album but it would only be an occasional collaboration and it wouldn't keep him from being in GNR.

b- NIN in 2003= No album therefore no touring prospect. Same thing in 2004. As regards as 2005, it's been discussed yesterday (gotta find it page 8 or something) and I don't see the point of explaining things again.

c- I'm kinda upset when I read posts showing this kind of hostility towards Robin. It's quite unfair if he can't go on tour to kill the time when other members do and  don't get  bashed on by 'fans'.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:16:29 AM by Lori » Logged

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #362 on: April 06, 2008, 06:18:40 AM »

stop talking like he hasnt left...
Theres a picture on NIN official site of finck with the text  : WELCOME BACK

they wouldnt say "welcome back finck just for a tour and then you can go back to gnr, then we will do this again when we tour next"

I think its pretty safe to say Finck is gone, I mean why would axl let him play with nin when we are THIS close to chinese democracy,
axl will want all his bandmate behind him at this time,
I say if Finck chooses that industrial -somewhat mediocre band over gnr,
then I dont want him in gnr if he cant even realize what a great opportunity he has passed up,

and for people who think finck isnt leaving gnr, hes only touring etc....

Why didnt he go tour with nin when gnr werent active in the years between 2003- to start of 2006
The white teeth NIN tour was on during that time, why didnt finck tour then?

I think fincks gone, which sux, and If it is true, I hope Axl doesnt let him back in a second time, this isnt some 9-5 job , and you go home on the weekends when you want...

a- You're missing something. NIN is Trent Reznor and if Reznor posts this welcome back stuff, it's about the live band. Robin could record some loops for the next NIN album but it would only be an occasional collaboration and it wouldn't keep him from being in GNR.

b- NIN in 2003= No album therefore no touring prospect. Same thing in 2004. As regards as 2005, it's been discussed yesterday (gotta find it page 8 or something) and I don't see the point of explaining things again.

c- I'm kinda upset when I read posts showing this kind of hostility towards Robin. It's quite unfair if he can't go on tour to kill the time when other members do and  don't get  bashed on by 'fans'.

I agree to some extent,

but with hearing from axl a few days ago/week ago etc... in the first time in half a year...
about chinese democracy/promotional ideas/new management

You would think that something big is about to happen,
and now finck filling in as a guitar player for trent seems a bit strange,
I mean the guitar for nin isnt even complex,
so couldnt they just pick up any guitarist,
like out of all the guitarists in the world, finck is back playing their after a numbr of years...

and it was trent that had the hostility/ weird facination to gnr, so for finck to go back to nin after trents outlook on gnr,
it seems a bit strange

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #363 on: April 06, 2008, 06:20:33 AM »

As long as Axl is singing and he is the one who decides how the songs will sound like, I don't care who is playing what on which instrument... except Fortus that is  peace

This signature is very funny.
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #364 on: April 06, 2008, 06:31:40 AM »

I agree to some extent,

but with hearing from axl a few days ago/week ago etc... in the first time in half a year...
about chinese democracy/promotional ideas/new management

You would think that something big is about to happen,
and now finck filling in as a guitar player for trent seems a bit strange,
I mean the guitar for nin isnt even complex,
so couldnt they just pick up any guitarist,
like out of all the guitarists in the world, finck is back playing their after a numbr of years...

and it was trent that had the hostility/ weird facination to gnr, so for finck to go back to nin after trents outlook on gnr,
it seems a bit strange

I understand your reasons. As regards as guitar players  Reznor is extremely picky even if his arrangements are very simple. As I said yesterday, he hates auditioning guitarists. Now that brings us to the question of Robin's return. That dreaded question yet again.  I don't think Robin decided to quit GNR for good so that leaves us with only one option : even if things are moving in GNR's camp,  they can't  release the album yet and they ain't gonna tour in the very near future.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #365 on: April 06, 2008, 06:42:00 AM »

Cmon people, Finck could be replaced for one or 2 tours by another guitarist.

I love his stage presence as well, but if he's stupid enough to leave the band at this point, then it's his fault...

Still, we have to wait for an official response from the band until we come to any conclusions...

I dunno man, Robin has been there for a long time and a lot of people have come to know and love him. If he's gone from the band it's going to take a long time for people to get over it (if ever).

I'll still love guns no matter what, but it just won't be the same without Robin....
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #366 on: April 06, 2008, 06:57:49 AM »

if cd is really about to come out, it makes absolutely no sense to quit now. if robin has any confidence in the recorded material, he'll stay. hope there's not some serious friction between him and axl. it's his chance to shine and write rnr history. he has recorded, but further more: written and arranged songs for the new gnr. something he hasn't done with nin. his extraordinary playing has a true trademark-style to it. as genuine as his cool appearance. when the albums comes out (and robin should be replaced), one of the lead figures would be missing. hard to support cd without him (videos, touring and so on). with cd robin could become a true classic. why put that at risk?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:26:45 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #367 on: April 06, 2008, 07:03:35 AM »

Why on earth wouldn't he give it his blessing if Robin's not personally involved in any negotiations that are going on?!

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #368 on: April 06, 2008, 07:24:37 AM »

It's not obvious that he's LEFT GnR ... it's obvious that he's joined Trent for some touring ... that's what the Press release said ... and yes, Robin has 'PREVIOUSLY' been in GnR .... but ... he might also still 'CURRENTLY' be in GnR.

Surely Axl would announced Robin leaving if it was true?  He did with BH.

Calm down til we know officially what's happened Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #369 on: April 06, 2008, 08:31:04 AM »

By the time I got here / and izzy were long gone.  peace

It wasn't long until I heard BH's departure. Nothing can hurt me anymore.

But ppbebe, remember, things can always get worse.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:36:24 AM by Drew » Logged

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #370 on: April 06, 2008, 09:11:04 AM »

Ultimately, Axl is the one irreplaceable component of the sound and vision of Guns n' Roses.  He *is* Guns n' Roses, and I will continue to support and follow the band, no matter who is playing with Axl at any given moment.

That said, it is disheartening to have fairly frequent lineup changes, even though it's been somewhat common throughout the band's history.  The one thing that hasn't changed, of course, it's Axl presence, which is enough for me.

If Robin goes - still speculation for now - hopefully he'll come back at some point.  If not, I wish him the best, and I'm grateful for his contributions to the legacy of my favorite band, and for his involvement in CD.   When the time comes, I look forward to hearing the results of his efforts.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #371 on: April 06, 2008, 09:18:53 AM »

I think whats bothering everybody is not that Robin is going to tour with another band.  Rather he is going to tour with NIN and Trent, who are bigger then any other side projects that any of the other members do.  Even when Tommy did shows with Soul Asylum, nobody cared because nobody cares about SA.  However NIN has a huge following, and can have a huge tour.   I didn't like Year Zero, or Ghosts, but With Teeth is a great record. 
Its not like Robin plays just to play too.  He's played in GNR and NIN since 1995.  So it's not like he's doing small projects or small shows.  Did VH1 say he is the only guitar player to play in 2 of the Top 100 bands.  So I really think what's bothering everyone is that he is doing something that is big if not bigger then the new GNR.  I love Robin, I believe he is irreplaceable with this line-up, he was with the band since 01/01/01.  So if he's just touring its really no different then Tommy playing with SA, or Richard playing with Nena or Japan X, but NIN is way bigger then anything the other members have done.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #372 on: April 06, 2008, 09:21:23 AM »

but Hey, as long as Axls in the band, does that give him the right to continually get new band members and call themselves
gnr as long as they pass a test where they have to be able to play all the old classics?

What do you think?

One guy leaves and what do you think the rest of the band should do?

The obvious and most logical thing is that you keep going.

People saying things like they don't support line up changes. What the fuck?

I mean, have you paid any attention to GN'R since the band first started playing under that name in 1985?

I understand being frustrated about changes. But what can you do about it? Not much....

Talking about support and whatnot. One way of seeing it is that by showing all this frustration and anger towards the band, you're not supporting the band, you're supporting the ones leaving.

Somebody leaves and you're saying "I don't support this". Fair enough, you don't like line up changes, but how about supporting the guys who are still there?

I haven't seen much of that from certain fans.

Instead, those that do support the band are being questioned. When it should be the other way around.

To take an example from a few years ago, are you a GN'R fan who likes Buckethead, or a Buckethead fan who likes GN'R?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #373 on: April 06, 2008, 09:33:42 AM »

but Hey, as long as Axls in the band, does that give him the right to continually get new band members and call themselves
gnr as long as they pass a test where they have to be able to play all the old classics?

What do you think?

One guy leaves and what do you think the rest of the band should do?

The obvious and most logical thing is that you keep going.

People saying things like they don't support line up changes. What the fuck?

I mean, have you paid any attention to GN'R since the band first started playing under that name in 1985?

I understand being frustrated about changes. But what can you do about it? Not much....

Talking about support and whatnot. One way of seeing it is that by showing all this frustration and anger towards the band, you're not supporting the band, you're supporting the ones leaving.

Somebody leaves and you're saying "I don't support this". Fair enough, you don't like line up changes, but how about supporting the guys who are still there?

I haven't seen much of that from certain fans.

Instead, those that do support the band are being questioned. When it should be the other way around.

To take an example from a few years ago, are you a GN'R fan who likes Buckethead, or a Buckethead fan who likes GN'R?

/jarmo

maybe i'm reading too much into this but, jarmo, your last comments sound as if robin was really gone. things don't look too promising in this perspective. if you knew robin was still in gnr, you'd choose a different tone or argumental approach. sorry, i don't want to go too far: but it's hard to believe that you don't know anything (at least more than we do) about what's going on...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:44:51 AM by whiny » Logged

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #374 on: April 06, 2008, 09:37:18 AM »

Robin is going to tour with another band !   Richard toured with Nena for a whole summer, and just did shows with Japan X.  Tommy toured with Soul Asylum.  Frank is touring with Pisser.  Dizzy does his own thing.  BBF is doing his own record.

The only difference is NIN is a huge band with a lot of success.  If NIN was a small club act no one would care.  If he leaves, he leaves.  But if its just a tour then its not a big deal, and its not like NIN has set members, they just tour.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2008, 09:43:25 AM »

Robin is going to tour with another band !   Richard toured with Nena for a whole summer, and just did shows with Japan X.  Tommy toured with Soul Asylum.  Frank is touring with Pisser.  Dizzy does his own thing.  BBF is doing his own record.

The only difference is NIN is a huge band with a lot of success.  If NIN was a small club act no one would care.  If he leaves, he leaves.  But if its just a tour then its not a big deal, and its not like NIN has set members, they just tour.

Im pretty much agree with your post.
NIN have only booked concerts from July to early September.. and if there was any GNR shows in this timeframe, i guess we would have
known it by now. NIN is a one man project. Robin has a history with NIN. If Chinese Democracy is around the corner, there is no way
Robin would have left the band. Im pretty sure, that he will be back with Guns if they tour late 2008.

Until something else is announced Robin is still a part of GNR.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2008, 10:01:38 AM »

Thats approximately how things have always gone for Nin's live incarnation.

"welcome back X just for a tour and then you can go back to Y, then we will do this again when we tour next"
..Is actually a pretty accurate way to sum up job description of average Nin-live musican.
Well, not quite. There are several notable exceptions Like Vrenna or   Charlie Clouser way back when, or more recently Jerome Dillon, who kinda snuk their way as general helpy helper studio  guy too, but Robin has never been part of that camp.
 Then again wether or not something has changed there, we all can guess around but thats pretty much it.

NIN have only booked concerts from July to early September.. and if there was any GNR shows in this timeframe, i guess we would have
It's very safe to assume there will be a lot more shows, Nin(or most other bands) never announce them as a one huge bulk.
Nin's myspace or official site, or whatever did already state that there will be some world touring on event horizon.

It strikes extremely unlikely Finck wouldnt be part of that yet to be announced leg of the tour aswell.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:05:53 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »

Im pretty much agree with your post.
known it by now. NIN is a one man project. Robin has a history with NIN. If Chinese Democracy is around the corner, there is no way
Robin would have left the band. Im pretty sure, that he will be back with Guns if they tour late 2008.

Until something else is announced Robin is still a part of GNR.

true. still, the statement that robin is back with nin and going on a WORLD TOUR suggests that he'll be off for more than a little while. let's wait until monday or tuesday. if nothing official comes next week, we can go back into speculations by then (yeah, i know that this doesn't work; when a doctor tells you, you might have a serious disease, you also don't just wait patiently till you get the test results. sticking to that metaphor: maybe the doctor will finally tell us, that he has to amputate an arm. in this case, the arm is robin. we and gnr can still live without him, but something's missing ).

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2008, 10:08:25 AM »

^as Mississippi Fred would say "just a little more faith"

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2008, 10:13:52 AM »

Everybody thought Slash was irreplaceable, people wanted Izzy back when he left, and lets not forget Steven, the same goes for Bucket, and now Robin.  I have lived through all these changes, with shock and sadness, the band still moved on and as we know is still alive today. Not one time did I allow these changes to make me loose faith in my favorite band.   Jarmo has made a good point, is it that you love these individual artists and you are only a guns fan because these paticulars happen to be playing with GNR or is it that you really support GNR because you love the band through thick and thin, come hell or highwater, you support them so much you are willing to go along with the ride and support the next change, because you know in the end the sun is still gonna shine.  You know Axl only picks the very best to play in GNR.  I am sure if Robin is leaving, his legacy will be well remembered and respected for the great music and talents he has contributed, and yes it will be sad to see him go, but lets not forget he is replaceable, he is not dead and his music will still remain available for our ears to enjoy, he is on the album and for that matter so is Bucket.  If this isn't the case and he remains with GNR well then thats what everybody gets for assuming and speculating before waiting for the real truth to be known.  Axl only speaks when it is of the utmost importance and so far I haven't heard him say Robin is going anywhere.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: