Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:30:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787160 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3520 on: November 02, 2008, 02:13:05 PM »

I heard Freese is leaving the tour for personal/family reasons.

Where did you get an indication that Robin will pull out of the 2009 NIN tour? I see none.

It's pure speculation. His website lists no tour dates after the 13th of December.

Well, neither does the NIN site yet. So, there we go. Absolutely no indication.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #3521 on: November 02, 2008, 03:29:45 PM »

Now lets get workin on the videos

Do you think Axl will ask Bucket to appear in the videos of the songs he is credited for?

That would be cool younggunner!

Egos may get in the way of that.  But it would be great for both GNR & Buckethead. 

Buckethead would get more exposure, for his own career, and his creepy image would add to the allure of Guns N' Roses.

Just some kind of background appearance would be cool.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3522 on: November 02, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »

Now lets get workin on the videos

Do you think Axl will ask Bucket to appear in the videos of the songs he is credited for?

That would be cool younggunner!

Egos may get in the way of that.  But it would be great for both GNR & Buckethead. 

Buckethead would get more exposure, for his own career, and his creepy image would add to the allure of Guns N' Roses.

Just some kind of background appearance would be cool.
I would think if they make a video, whoever is in the band at that time would be in the video.  Although it'd be great to give Bucket his just due, if he's no longer a part of the band I don't see the point of having him in a video.  Granted he's on the album, but that should be enough.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #3523 on: November 02, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »

Josh Freese's wife just had a baby, I believe, which would explain his departure from NIN at this time.
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #3524 on: November 02, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »

I really hope we see Robin touring with GNR in 2009, he really made a fan out of me during the Hammerstein shows.

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3525 on: November 02, 2008, 07:50:01 PM »

http://vimeo.com/2122641

that's a video of Robin signing autographs in Chile. He's so pacific and nice  love

Trent posted on the NIN website that Josh will be leaving NIN at the end of the year.
Robin's personal website has no NIN tour dates listed on his website after 12/13. The NIN tour will be continuing through 2009.

Is it possible that Axl asked Josh to come back to GN'R for the real Chinese Democracy tour? The two of them co-wrote the title track and Axl loves Freese's drumming.

I like Brain, but I'd much rather have Josh.

And, on another note, if Robin was really going to leave the NIN tour after 12/13, why wouldn't Reznor announce it?
Just what GN'R needs, a 3rd drummer.

rofl

But it appears that Robin is back!

Huh

Are there any news I dont know yet?

Last official thing I saw from GNR was the ''Guns N' Robin'' article and that wasn't very optimistic in my opinion.

I want to see him back in GNR so bad, but I cant see anything indicating he's back, since no-one from GNR or NIN has said anything confirming it.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:06:44 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #3526 on: November 03, 2008, 12:09:17 AM »

People on some of the NIN boards have mentioned meeting Robin and saying he is one of the kindest and most humble musicians around. Some have mentioned flat out asking Robin about what's up with G'NR but he never gave any type of definitive answer...

In my opinion, Robin has moved on and will continue on touring with NIN and doing solo things. G'NR will be MORE than fine with Bumble and Richard on guitar. Who knows though, maybe we'll see Izzy pop up from time to time to do something with G'NR live, that'd be a real mindfuck. Could you imagine the bands first liver performance promoting CD have Izzy on guitar with them?! I'd personally like to see Gilby return but I need to stop being unrealistic and accept the band for what it is.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #3527 on: November 03, 2008, 01:00:11 AM »

Either way we are OK...Bumblefoot is more than capable in lead, and 4tus is great as well (maybe Axl can play the 'easy' rythm/fills)...would be nice to have Robin, but not a show stopper if he has 'more important' things to do.

Also have to agree - it makes a nice hole for Izzy to walk on...that would be great.  Even if he doesnt, we'll always have great memories from last tour.  drool

As always with GnR, we'll have to wait and see!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3528 on: November 03, 2008, 01:14:20 AM »

If Robin is gone, bring back Buckethead.

(Never thought I'd write that).

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3529 on: November 03, 2008, 01:25:12 AM »

Why don't we wait and see what happens, all this speculation about if he is in or out is worn out.  It will be awhile before GnR tour so until then just have fun with the new album coming out.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #3530 on: November 03, 2008, 02:35:14 AM »

Either way we are OK...Bumblefoot is more than capable in lead, and 4tus is great as well (maybe Axl can play the 'easy' rythm/fills)...would be nice to have Robin, but not a show stopper if he has 'more important' things to do.

Also have to agree - it makes a nice hole for Izzy to walk on...that would be great.  Even if he doesnt, we'll always have great memories from last tour.  drool

As always with GnR, we'll have to wait and see!

While I'm sure Axl could handle those duties, the last thing I want is rock's most electric frontman stuck behind a guitar.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #3531 on: November 03, 2008, 03:30:09 AM »

Robin is essential to GNR of 2day!!
as far as im concerned!! beer     

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3532 on: November 03, 2008, 08:46:35 AM »

I don't know why so many people would want Robin back when you love to shut the door on anyone who walks out on Axl. If Robin took off to go tour with NIN fuck him let him go kiss Trent Reznors ass. NIN will never be as big as GNR.

At this point the last thing Axl needs to do is beg Robin to come back to play half ass guitar anyways. GNR never needed 3 guitarist especially with people as talented as BH and BF. Robin is clearly the weakest link in the new GNR. I saw him live and when it was his turn to solo, he was terrible. I was really impressed by Richard he is really good and probably the most underrated member currently. The only thing Robin had going for him was some stage presence which I believe is one of the elements this version of GNR lacks and will lack if Robin, BH, and Brain are gone.

If Axl were to ask any of the musicians involved with CD to come back I would vote for Buckethead not Robin. Could you imagine Buckethead and Bumblefoot exchanging solos on stage that would be MINDBLOWING!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3533 on: November 03, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »

I don't know why so many people would want Robin back when you love to shut the door on anyone who walks out on Axl. If Robin took off to go tour with NIN fuck him let him go kiss Trent Reznors ass. NIN will never be as big as GNR.

At this point the last thing Axl needs to do is beg Robin to come back to play half ass guitar anyways. GNR never needed 3 guitarist especially with people as talented as BH and BF. Robin is clearly the weakest link in the new GNR. I saw him live and when it was his turn to solo, he was terrible. I was really impressed by Richard he is really good and probably the most underrated member currently. The only thing Robin had going for him was some stage presence which I believe is one of the elements this version of GNR lacks and will lack if Robin, BH, and Brain are gone.

If Axl were to ask any of the musicians involved with CD to come back I would vote for Buckethead not Robin. Could you imagine Buckethead and Bumblefoot exchanging solos on stage that would be MINDBLOWING!

Except for your view on Robin's talent, I think this is spot on!  That said, for all we know, Robin and Axl could be on the same page with everything and they just never felt it was important to let the fans know what's going on.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3534 on: November 03, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »

as much as I don't fucking care if Robin is in the GNR or he is not in the GNR, saying that Robin is weakest link is the same as saying Slash was the weakest link in old lineup of GNR. it is fucking bullshit. Robin is Robin (TM) and he is trademark of GNR - being longer in GNR than most of foreign members...

so all I am saying I am sure Axl knows how he is going to do with or without Robin on the live tour, but that doesn't minimize his role on creative process of making the Chinese Democracy I-IV... that is more albums that old members of GNR ever wrote together.

v. ..
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #3535 on: November 03, 2008, 11:13:34 AM »

Slash sucked, Robin sucks....Guitars Suck.  hihi
Don't hate, elate - if you don't get it, you ain't READ it.

Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #3536 on: November 03, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »

GUITARS SUCK!!!!!

Good to see Ron's got a few fans here. ok
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #3537 on: November 03, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »

GUITARS SUCK!!!!!

Good to see Ron's got a few fans here. ok
I am just glad someone caught that, before the hate mail started flying!  rofl

dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3538 on: November 03, 2008, 05:16:31 PM »

if the recording is done and they are not touring then Robin stays occupied with other projects.  Just like the rest of the fucking band members do.  Make up your mind do you hate Robing or like him

Dont eat cheese after midnight
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3539 on: November 03, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »

if the recording is done and they are not touring then Robin stays occupied with other projects.  Just like the rest of the fucking band members do.  Make up your mind do you hate Robing or like him

People need to getover the whole NIN thing.  The Album is coming out and im sure as hell Robin is excited for it's release.  Last thing we need to do as fans is get all pissed off when actually GnR isn't touring at the moment and be angry with Robin.  Nothing we can do about it until it's time for Guns to plan their touring schedule.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: