Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747114 times)
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2008, 02:26:35 AM »

Jarmo is 100% correct. When are you going to stop whining about the line-ups ?

GNR is Axl's thing, just like NIN is Trent Reznor's thing. As long as Axl is in the band, GNR is alive.
Just get used to it.

GNR forever !!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #341 on: April 06, 2008, 02:28:20 AM »

GNR is Axl's thing, just like NIN is Trent Reznor's thing. As long as Axl is in the band, GNR is alive.
Just get used to it.

No, no, no.  GN'R has always been a band, whereas NIN has always been Trent Reznor's solo project.  Not even remotely the same thing.

Ali
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #342 on: April 06, 2008, 02:28:59 AM »

GNR is Axl's thing, just like NIN is Trent Reznor's thing.

Actually that is an incorrect comparison because Reznor writes almost all the music for NIN. Axl allowed the band to craft the music for Chinese Democracy and beyond.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #343 on: April 06, 2008, 02:30:00 AM »

Axl allowed the band to craft the music for Chinese Democracy and beyond.
Who told you that ?

GNR forever !!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #344 on: April 06, 2008, 02:32:05 AM »

Axl allowed the band to craft the music for Chinese Democracy and beyond.
Who told you that ?

Tommy Stinson has said that everyone wrote their own parts for each song and that everyone has contributed songs.  Axl himself announced that "Better" was a Robin song at the first Hammerstein show.

Ali
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #345 on: April 06, 2008, 02:32:34 AM »

Just get used to it.

No, no, no.  GN'R has always been a band, whereas NIN has always been Trent Reznor's solo project.  Not even remotely the same thing.

Ali
It wasn't the same thing. But now it is exactly the same thing. Whether you want to admit it or not is another problem...

GNR forever !!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #346 on: April 06, 2008, 02:33:32 AM »

Just get used to it.
dont want to speak for Jarmo but I dont think he considers this an Axl Rose solo project...

as for me..I agree and disagree with your statement. I think the actual album will be a GNR album, but now with its lead guitarist leaving...on top of their other lead..bucket... it is becoming more of a solo project...atleast in a touring sense....

but let me stress something ....I truly feel bad for Axl in regards to this situation. Think about how miserable, pissed off, hurt, etc he must feel right now. Just as things seem to be on track and ready to FINALLY release the album, he suffers this major blow. I think at times he has handled things wrong but with this I mean the guy cant get a fukin break. Seriously think about how this must impact him. A guy who he has taken care of, bonded, trusted, and most importantly, felt was capable of helping him rebuild gnr has left...just when things were ready to start..after all the blood sweat and tears
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:40:20 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ali
Legend

« Reply #347 on: April 06, 2008, 02:36:42 AM »

Just get used to it.

Ali
It wasn't the same thing. But now it is exactly the same thing. Whether you want to admit it or not is another problem...

No, it isn't at all.  Trent Reznor writes virtually every note for the NIN records and he plays a great deal of the instrumentation.  We already know that isn't the case with GN'R.  Hence, the situations are not comparable.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #348 on: April 06, 2008, 02:47:19 AM »

Just get used to it.
dont want to speak for Jarmo but I dont think he considers this an Axl Rose solo project...

as for me..I agree and disagree with your statement. I think the actual album will be a GNR album, but now with its lead guitarist leaving...on top of their other lead..bucket... it is becoming more of a solo project...atleast in a touring sense....

but let me stress something ....I truly feel bad for Axl in regards to this situation. Think about how miserable, pissed off, hurt, etc he must feel right now. Just as things seem to be on track and ready to FINALLY release the album, he suffers this major blow. I think at times he has handled things wrong but with this I mean the guy cant get a fukin break. Seriously think about how this must impact him. A guy who he has taken care of, bonded, trusted, and most importantly, felt was capable of helping him rebuild gnr has left...just when things were ready to start..after all the blood sweat and tears

I understand what you're saying.  But, with regards to how Axl may or may not feel, that is still hypothetical at this point as we don't know the exact situation right now.

But, your last couple of comments echo my own thoughts as to how strange it would be for Robin to leave now of all times.  The record is done.  Tracks are being played for music industry bigwigs, perhaps to shop the record around, or to build buzz, or to help gauge what should be a single.  A truly top level management team was just hired.  The finish line is in sight it seems.  Why of all times, would someone leave now?

Ali
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:49:05 AM by Ali » Logged
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #349 on: April 06, 2008, 03:56:09 AM »

If Robin leaves and hes been in gnr ( this version) since day 1, then how can we take this band seriously,
when even the band members arent even devoted as the fans that follow them...

but Hey, as long as Axls in the band, does that give him the right to continually get new band members and call themselves
gnr as long as they pass a test where they have to be able to play all the old classics?

I consider Ron a valuable member now to the band, cause he has contributed his own playing to chinese democracy,
and same with Frank, and this is apparent at live shows,

But when band members leave and go play with the bands they use to be in, instead of being loyal to their current band,
how do you expect the fans to remain loyal to the current band when we cant even remember half the band mates names half the time
cause of the revolving door....

I just hope robin comes back, cause he is needed more in this band then the other 2 guitarists ... he is the lead for christ sake!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #350 on: April 06, 2008, 04:12:22 AM »

If Robin leaves and hes been in gnr ( this version) since day 1, then how can we take this band seriously,

When Steven was fired, I was pissed until I saw them live. It was at this point that I realized that the genious of the band was up front.

liquor prevents me from expressing my point clearly, but I think you know what I mean.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
ben9785
« Reply #351 on: April 06, 2008, 04:35:22 AM »

So no updates yet..

Jarmo made a point though, even if Robin isn't coming back to GNR, they could still go ahead with another guitar player if necessary, with Robin having left his impression on the forthcoming studio materal like Buckethead.

The only concern is that like myself and others have expressed here, Robin has been a big part of the reinvention of GNR since day one, meaning day one the original gunners left Axl. Then again, Axl's managed to prove himself in the most difficult of circumstances (i.e. Slash' departure).

Jarmo, if you are able to get any further word on this situation at any time, please let us know? And thanks.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #352 on: April 06, 2008, 05:25:46 AM »

Sorry I haven't read all 18 pages...so what's the official word on this? Are we waiting for a confirmation from Robin and/ or GN'R?

I'd miss Robin if he'd leave the band, but then again, it wouldn't be a first. The line-up has been pretty steady though since 2002 (except for Buckethead). I'm wondering something: if Robin hasn't left between december 2002 and may 2006, when the band was totally inactive, why would he leave now when apparently Chinese Democracy's release is coming soon?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 05:27:41 AM by Will » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #353 on: April 06, 2008, 05:26:51 AM »

Robin will play with NIN, according to their site.

No official word from the GN'R camp yet.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

KOK
Headliner

« Reply #354 on: April 06, 2008, 05:34:04 AM »

Since people like to compare situations in the band's history that might not be exactly alike..... Izzy left the band after the Use Your Illusions were released and when people went to see the band play live, after the release, he wasn't there.

/jarmo

You are right as hell that a possible Finck`s departure and the departure of Izzy are incomparable. As great as a writer Izzy was, he was only a rhythm player. His departure didn`t influence the overall stage sound of the band to any notable degree, as there were literary thousands and thousands other guitarists who were more than capable and also willing to reproduce his parts, one of them being Gilbey. But lead guitarists are a totally different breed of  animal - they have this annoying tendency for wanting to show off their own creativity and add their own twists on other guitarists` recorded solos. Of course they are capable of playing them exactly as they were recorded, but that would be beneath them. It is one thing if a new player comes in a band 15 years after the release of an album and changes a few lead lines in live settings - I can accept that, we have heard those songs the way they were meant to be played on numerous occasions already and some changes through time are even welcome, but if you`ve got a new album coming out and right from the get go there are already not one but 2 new lead players butchering the recorded material that is just plain wrong.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #355 on: April 06, 2008, 05:40:33 AM »

Cmon people, Finck could be replaced for one or 2 tours by another guitarist.

I love his stage presence as well, but if he's stupid enough to leave the band at this point, then it's his fault...

Still, we have to wait for an official response from the band until we come to any conclusions...

suicide
VIP

« Reply #356 on: April 06, 2008, 05:47:52 AM »

As long as we don't hear anything from Robin AND Axl we don't know what's going on and we don't know if Robin left and, if so, why.
If he left I'm sure he had his reasons, like Buckethead, Tobias and Brain had theirs. And there's no need to blame him even if you don't agree with him.

I wish Robin Finck all the best during the NIN tour and I'm sure a whole lot of NIN fans will be more than happy to see him perform.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #357 on: April 06, 2008, 05:52:47 AM »

[as for me..I agree and disagree with your statement. I think the actual album will be a GNR album, but now with its lead guitarist leaving...on top of their other lead..bucket... it is becoming more of a solo project...atleast in a touring sense....

Oh, please, stop talking as if it's been confirmed that Robin has left.  We don't know what the situation is and yet some of you are acting like it's done and dusted.  As for how Axl is feeling, well we know even less about that, so speculation is ridiculous, in my opinion.  Let's not turn an excellent messageboard into a GNR version of the News of the World!

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #358 on: April 06, 2008, 05:57:54 AM »

[as for me..I agree and disagree with your statement. I think the actual album will be a GNR album, but now with its lead guitarist leaving...on top of their other lead..bucket... it is becoming more of a solo project...atleast in a touring sense....

Oh, please, stop talking as if it's been confirmed that Robin has left.  We don't know what the situation is and yet some of you are acting like it's done and dusted.  As for how Axl is feeling, well we know even less about that, so speculation is ridiculous, in my opinion.  Let's not turn an excellent messageboard into a GNR version of the News of the World!

stop talking like he hasnt left...
Theres a picture on NIN official site of finck with the text  : WELCOME BACK

how much more obvious does it have to be,
they wouldnt say "welcome back finck just for a tour and then you can go back to gnr, then we will do this again when we tour next"

I think its pretty safe to say Finck is gone, I mean why would axl let him play with nin when we are THIS close to chinese democracy,
axl will want all his bandmate behind him at this time,
I say if Finck chooses that industrial -somewhat mediocre band over gnr,
then I dont want him in gnr if he cant even realize what a great opportunity he has passed up,

and for people who think finck isnt leaving gnr, hes only touring etc....

Why didnt he go tour with nin when gnr werent active in the years between 2003- to start of 2006
The white teeth NIN tour was on during that time, why didnt finck tour then?

I think fincks gone, which sux, and If it is true, I hope Axl doesnt let him back in a second time, this isnt some 9-5 job , and you go home on the weekends when you want...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #359 on: April 06, 2008, 06:08:27 AM »

Will you fuckin calm down.

Finck is a touring member of NIN, as opposed to GN'R where he is a recording member...

Don't you see the fuckin difference...?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: