Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785896 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3300 on: August 23, 2008, 09:55:06 AM »

whatever GNR decide to do I just hope they can be a little more consistent now the album looks like its coming out

I'd be quite happy with Richard  Ron and Bumble if Robin doesn't come back
Ron and Bumble are the same person, no?  You mean Bucket?

Sorry yes i meant Bucket  ok I think ron and bucket appreciate each other, don't see why it couldn't work. They don't appear to have big egos either so that wouldn't be a problem either
Oh I'd love to see the two of them, I think they could work great together.  But I'm not sure Buckethead wants back in.  After all he pretty much left on his own accord.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3301 on: August 23, 2008, 10:41:51 PM »

anyone know if he went back to that cheesey goth look while touring with nin
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3302 on: August 23, 2008, 10:54:03 PM »

anyone know if he went back to that cheesey goth look while touring with nin
Expand your trolling to Bad Obsession  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #3303 on: August 25, 2008, 12:18:22 AM »

I actually met Robin for the first time friday when he was headed into the QLA in Cleveland and the first and only thing I asked him was what was the deal with GNR and in a very roundabout way he pretty much said he wasnt sure and doesnt really communicate with the GNR guys and thats more done with management.  The one thing I will say, and maybe its because Trent's family was in the audience and he was back in Cleveland, but there is a very weird vibe about this tour.  Trent releasing a free album online was kinda the first clue, but Trent also said things like that people should enjoy the show because who knows how many more shows there will be and it ended with a very cool finale with every band member waiving goodbye as they one by one left the stage as the song became stripped to just Trent on the keyboards and then him waiving.  Robin also was highlighted a lot more than in previous shows.  He had more solos than usual and there were several whole songs where Robin was in the middle of the stage and Trent was to the side.  The show felt to me like a goodbye tour in all honesty and next year itll pretty much be 20 years since PHM so that might explain Robin doing the tour (which just added more dates).  I also felt sad that nothing ever came out when the band had Robin and Josh Freese...those guys are so entertaining and original.  Freese plugging in the beats on a giant video beatbox was hilarious and cool and he played flawlessly all night.  Both Freese and Robin seemed really into everything out there and Trent even attempted to go the entire show without using the F word, although he messed up a few times.  I  wouldnt be surprised if Trent told people this would be the last NIN tour and thats why Robin went.  I dont want to read into Robin's comments, but I was disappointed to hear that he speaks to the GNR guys through management...just makes everything seem a bit cheap.  Also i like his look a lot better now than when he looked like a homeless man, its not really goth like in the 90's its pretty put together.
ben9785
« Reply #3304 on: August 25, 2008, 12:36:12 AM »

AxlLynch thanks for the post. Thats very interesting what you shared

But Ron said he was in contact with Robin and Robin invited him as a guest to a NIN show..?

Anyway, how was meeting Robin, was he nice?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3305 on: August 25, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »

when did Ron say that?

But Ron said he was in contact with Robin and Robin invited him as a guest to a NIN show..?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3306 on: August 25, 2008, 01:18:06 AM »

when did Ron say that?

at a chat he had at the CD.com website, I believe.

Robin may have been referring to the business aspect of the band, like the plans and whats happening in GnR land.  He's friends with the other guys in the band like Richard and Ron on a personal level.

on the positive side, he didn't say he wasn't still in the band.   if he wasn't involved with the band he probably would have just said so.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:20:04 AM by JB » Logged
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3307 on: August 25, 2008, 01:42:22 AM »

I actually met Robin for the first time friday when he was headed into the QLA in Cleveland and the first and only thing I asked him was what was the deal with GNR and in a very roundabout way he pretty much said he wasnt sure and doesnt really communicate with the GNR guys and thats more done with management.  The one thing I will say, and maybe its because Trent's family was in the audience and he was back in Cleveland, but there is a very weird vibe about this tour.  Trent releasing a free album online was kinda the first clue, but Trent also said things like that people should enjoy the show because who knows how many more shows there will be and it ended with a very cool finale with every band member waiving goodbye as they one by one left the stage as the song became stripped to just Trent on the keyboards and then him waiving.  Robin also was highlighted a lot more than in previous shows.  He had more solos than usual and there were several whole songs where Robin was in the middle of the stage and Trent was to the side.  The show felt to me like a goodbye tour in all honesty and next year itll pretty much be 20 years since PHM so that might explain Robin doing the tour (which just added more dates).  I also felt sad that nothing ever came out when the band had Robin and Josh Freese...those guys are so entertaining and original.  Freese plugging in the beats on a giant video beatbox was hilarious and cool and he played flawlessly all night.  Both Freese and Robin seemed really into everything out there and Trent even attempted to go the entire show without using the F word, although he messed up a few times.  I  wouldnt be surprised if Trent told people this would be the last NIN tour and thats why Robin went.  I dont want to read into Robin's comments, but I was disappointed to hear that he speaks to the GNR guys through management...just makes everything seem a bit cheap.  Also i like his look a lot better now than when he looked like a homeless man, its not really goth like in the 90's its pretty put together.

How were you able to catch him when he was entering Quicken Loans Arena ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #3308 on: August 25, 2008, 11:23:39 AM »

well it was actually pretty easy to meet them.  They signed a few autographs before the show.  The buses must have been parked below the arena and there were a few people that started rushing towards a kind of cool looking hallway/room with i believe a big Pepsi logo (could be wrong but it was blue and red) in the QLA and from this little entrance way there were elevators and a lot of "personnel only passageways."  I assume the one they went into leads to the greenroom or there dressing rooms or wherever they hang out before a show.  There was also a service desk.  I dont think the band was expecting to be seen passing through there but they were and stopped to talk and sign autographs.  I dont know what floor they were coming from or anything, but it was just a pure luck kind of thing.  Sorry i cant describe the area a little better, but if anyone is familiar with QLA they probably know what im talking about.  Robin was very nice to everyone, looked shorter to me in person ( but all rockstars/actors do) and again just kinda said that he had to talk to his people before he really knew what was going on.  I would definitely put my money on him being back in the band...especially if the CD is delayed until 2009 which ill guess it will be.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3309 on: August 25, 2008, 01:49:32 PM »

thanks for sharing axlLynch. So probably it was for the band's plans(shows/ tours etc ) that he'd refer to management?

when did Ron say that?

at a chat he had at the CD.com website, I believe.

Yep.
also here Ron says

"Everyone?s in touch with each other. There?s a lot of texting about friendship-type stuff? whatever. And when the time comes to work I?m always updated. But if I?m not making music, I feel like I?ll suffocate. Everyone in the band is the same way; it?s real musicians."

Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #3310 on: September 07, 2008, 01:39:05 AM »

Saw Robin with NIN last night in Oakland.  I have to say that GnR will be better off if he is back in the fold once Democracy truly kicks off. 

He has awesome stage presence and is truly a lead guitarist. 

The new look is a little more goth (combining the 2002 era with some type of dreadlocks), but the beard could be grown back relatively quickly.   ok

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #3311 on: September 07, 2008, 04:08:13 AM »

did you wear a gnr tshirt?
please say yes..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3312 on: September 07, 2008, 10:41:47 AM »

I dont want to read into Robin's comments, but I was disappointed to hear that he speaks to the GNR guys through management...just makes everything seem a bit cheap.  Also i like his look a lot better now than when he looked like a homeless man, its not really goth like in the 90's its pretty put together.

All together now...

"What we've got here is..."

And there goes the challenger...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3313 on: September 07, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »

I wouldn't worry too much about Robin's comments.  I love Robin's playing but he never said any useful GNR news either through his comments or even when he writes something on his website, after you read it you're like what is he saying .... , so I wouldn't worry.  However, I think Robin's stage presence, and his position in the band is vital for the band's success.  I view him as someone Axl wanted from the start, and is the reason a lot of the new songs will be awesome.

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3314 on: September 07, 2008, 12:56:59 PM »

Saw Robin with NIN last night in Oakland.  I have to say that GnR will be better off if he is back in the fold once Democracy truly kicks off. 

He has awesome stage presence and is truly a lead guitarist. 

The new look is a little more goth (combining the 2002 era with some type of dreadlocks), but the beard could be grown back relatively quickly.   ok

I agree. GNR needs Robin. He is great. It's a bit bothersome not to even know which members are still in gnr, but I guess its par for the gnr course.
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3315 on: September 08, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »

did you wear a gnr tshirt?
please say yes..

I went, and I did  beer   Ive seen Robin 4 times with GNR, and he was better with NIN. Better presence, in my opinion. His new style would fit in much better with GNR.

Also, just to add; that was the greatest concert I have ever been to! It was just amazing. I was the 17yr old kid on the floor, near center around the pit with the G'N's'f'n'R's! shirt (got it from the Warfield in 06  beer ) If anyone saw me, I was blond and have an eyebrow piercing. Hopefully someone here was near me! During 'Echoplex', we wanted to see how many people we could crowdsurf, we got one guy, then two girls, then me, and hopefully more. Good times  peace

EDIT: this is in response to the Oakland show, on the 5th
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:15:35 AM by Gonzo Axl » Logged
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #3316 on: September 08, 2008, 01:49:51 AM »

I did not wear my Warfield shirt, but I could have...I agree with the comments about his performance.  Awesome.   

Robin was all over the place and threw down his mic stand at every opportunity, but what is with those crazy faces.

Not sure if I saw him smile once and I know I saw a couple at the Warfield and again at Oracle in December of 2006; however, Trent only smiled once at the end when he was leaving the stage.  He apologized for being old and cranky and like a previous poster I began to wonder if the recent flurry of activity for NIN might not be a prelude to a slowdown.

BTW, Gonzo Axl I was probably ten feet from you to the right in front of Robin.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3317 on: October 02, 2008, 10:11:28 PM »

I'm hearing right now NIN on the radio because they're on my country. So nostalgic to hear Robin. It would be sad if he don't come back to GN'R

eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3318 on: October 02, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »

NIN are touring Australia in feb, can't see them getting a new guitarist between now and then. I say he is gone gone gone.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3319 on: October 02, 2008, 10:51:43 PM »

NIN are touring Australia in feb, can't see them getting a new guitarist between now and then. I say he is gone gone gone.

Do you enjoy that?

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: