Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785899 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3280 on: August 20, 2008, 07:25:15 AM »

Here there's a lot of "insiders". A lot of people who have some info, who have some contacts...

Nobody knows about Robin's situation?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3281 on: August 20, 2008, 11:43:32 AM »

i dont know why you people are still worrying about it.

robin is my favorite member of the band, but if he's choosing to do someting else, its not the end of the world.   

just let it play itself out.   sitting here trying to speculate and guess is a waste of time.  we will know when GNR tours again.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3282 on: August 21, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »

i dont know why you people are still worrying about it.

robin is my favorite member of the band, but if he's choosing to do someting else, its not the end of the world.   

just let it play itself out.   sitting here trying to speculate and guess is a waste of time.  we will know when GNR tours again.

JB's right who know's GnR could not even tour till summer 09 Huh we don't know ? I don't think Robin would work this hard on CD and not be around when it comes out.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ben9785
« Reply #3283 on: August 21, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

There is no reason for GNR to have to tour immediately after the album gets released. Promos, interviews and maybe live TV appearances are more likely. Remember its not just Axl who made the album.. the other guys need to come out and talk to the world about the album and their own backgrounds and become known. GNR wasn't always just about Axl and shouldn't change..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3284 on: August 21, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »

axl did two tours WITHOUT the album, u really think he is gonna release it and not tour?

If NIN go to Europe, Robin is gone and Im gonna speculate and say he left due to Axl releasing Bucket's song as he kick off to the album over something he wrote.

Musician's egos are fragile and for Robin to be loyal to Axl all these years and then have Axl choose a song he isn't a part of, that could be considered a slap in the face and like Axl doesn't believe in him. That also makes Robin basically playing someone elses song AGAIN.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ben9785
« Reply #3285 on: August 21, 2008, 07:38:21 PM »

axl did two tours WITHOUT the album, u really think he is gonna release it and not tour?

If NIN go to Europe, Robin is gone and Im gonna speculate and say he left due to Axl releasing Bucket's song as he kick off to the album over something he wrote.

Musician's egos are fragile and for Robin to be loyal to Axl all these years and then have Axl choose a song he isn't a part of, that could be considered a slap in the face and like Axl doesn't believe in him. That also makes Robin basically playing someone elses song AGAIN.

I didn't suggest he WASN'T going to tour.. I said they may not tour IMMEDIATELY after the album comes out.. maybe after a month or even a few months, who knows.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #3286 on: August 21, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »

don't think they tour this year.

This year seem to be get the album out then start touring in 09 .

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3287 on: August 21, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »

don't think they tour this year.

This year seem to be get the album out then start touring in 09 .

ya and I wouldn't say early 09 either.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3288 on: August 21, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »

...don't understand how some of you believe robin is still in gnr.  his decision to join nin in the studio and on a large-scale tour, coupled with his lack of communication with the band, seem to show that he's moved on.  i know he hasn't said anything definite, but some of you talk as if one day he's going to surprise everyone (and the band) by showing up ready to tour (or whatever) and pretending everything's cool

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3289 on: August 21, 2008, 10:17:27 PM »

...don't understand how some of you believe robin is still in gnr.  his decision to join nin in the studio and on a large-scale tour, coupled with his lack of communication with the band, seem to show that he's moved on.  i know he hasn't said anything definite, but some of you talk as if one day he's going to surprise everyone (and the band) by showing up ready to tour (or whatever) and pretending everything's cool

that would be jumping to conclusions.

all i'm saying is its best to wait things out and see what happens, we do not know what is going on behind the scenes or in robin's head.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #3290 on: August 21, 2008, 10:50:50 PM »

that would be jumping to conclusions.

all i'm saying is its best to wait things out and see what happens, we do not know what is going on behind the scenes or in robin's head.

Agreed. It is pointless for us to assume anything at this point. I personally believe we'll be hearing from the band soon enough regarding their upcoming track on RB2, the album, and possibly even personnel status. Til then, I'll spend my time being thankful for what's on the way vice worrying about things that I have no control over.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3291 on: August 22, 2008, 06:04:46 AM »

Here is how I look at this:

Why would Robin stay in a band and go through all this for a decade, only to leave when it all is about to HIT? it just doesn't add up and would make zero sense whatsover. If he does in fact quit, something tells me that there is a lot more to the story.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #3292 on: August 22, 2008, 07:00:20 AM »

Why would Robin stay in a band and go through all this for a decade, only to leave when it all is about to HIT? it just doesn't add up and would make zero sense whatsover. If he does in fact quit, something tells me that there is a lot more to the story.

If he's gone for good....I'll be disappointed but theres nothing I can do about it. We'll find out eventually whats up Robin and whether he is gone for good.  no

And really, we don't know the whole story about any of the band members who have come and gone over the years. Its always a he-said she-said type of thing with various reporters mixing in their own opinions or "facts" from sources "close" to the situation. Than us as fans choose what to and not to believe. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3293 on: August 22, 2008, 08:20:32 AM »

whatever GNR decide to do I just hope they can be a little more consistent now the album looks like its coming out

I'd be quite happy with Richard  Ron and Bumble if Robin doesn't come back

Here today...ready to rock
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3294 on: August 22, 2008, 08:26:39 AM »

whatever GNR decide to do I just hope they can be a little more consistent now the album looks like its coming out

Ron and Bumble are the same person, no?  You mean Bucket?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3295 on: August 22, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »

I wouldn't hate to see bumble and bucket. any lineup from cd will do for me. they are seamless.

I love everyone on Chinese democracy. I win!  peace
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3296 on: August 22, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

wouldn't this be more relevant if you were saying it 10 years ago?  i honestly think most people have moved on.  yeah the idea of a comeback sounded cool years ago, but you can't keep that sort of hype going for 10 years.  of course, there will be a lot of diehard fans from throughout the years who will be excited to see gnr come out with something new, but i just can't see many people getting pumped about a gnr comeback.  sure, if it happens it will create some momentary excitement... but how many comebacks have really lasted and produced new, relevant music (and no, not including nostalgia tours)?  maybe this is part of robin's (and most likely the other 20 ex-gnr members') thought process.  maybe it isn't.  but either way, robin is not getting any younger and he has bills to pay.  with that in mind, it makes more sense to jump on something hot than to wait around for something that will probably never come to fruition.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3297 on: August 22, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »

wouldn't this be more relevant if you were saying it 10 years ago?  i honestly think most people have moved on.  yeah the idea of a comeback sounded cool years ago, but you can't keep that sort of hype going for 10 years.  of course, there will be a lot of diehard fans from throughout the years who will be excited to see gnr come out with something new, but i just can't see many people getting pumped about a gnr comeback.  sure, if it happens it will create some momentary excitement... but how many comebacks have really lasted and produced new, relevant music (and no, not including nostalgia tours)?  maybe this is part of robin's (and most likely the other 20 ex-gnr members') thought process.  maybe it isn't.  but either way, robin is not getting any younger and he has bills to pay.  with that in mind, it makes more sense to jump on something hot than to wait around for something that will probably never come to fruition.

Never come to fruition Huh have u been under a rock the last couple months ?? Shacklers Revenge in Rockband 2, neogations to release Chinese Democracy through either Best Buy or Wal Mart.  It will be out this year.  Robin knows what's going on and he's being quiet about it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3298 on: August 23, 2008, 05:51:40 AM »

Sorry yes i meant Bucket  ok I think ron and bucket appreciate each other, don't see why it couldn't work. They don't appear to have big egos either so that wouldn't be a problem either

Here today...ready to rock
ben9785
« Reply #3299 on: August 23, 2008, 06:31:53 AM »

Sorry yes i meant Bucket  ok I think ron and bucket appreciate each other, don't see why it couldn't work. They don't appear to have big egos either so that wouldn't be a problem either

Couldn't tell you much about Bucketheads personality, but he seems to be very open with collaborations.
As for Ron, he's one of the most genuine and down to earth people youll find, and he is very respectful of Buckethead.

They both have the technical ability, but Buckethead is more 'outer space' in sound, bringing more of a synthesizer quality to his guitar playing, whereas Bumblefoot is more down to earth in his sound but can 'trade off' with Buckethead on solos hence they can both complement each other. Couldn't explain it any better than that, hope you know what i mean..
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: