Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785617 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3260 on: August 16, 2008, 11:01:19 PM »

What i'm saying is, I don't expect a 2008 tour at this point, and didn't someone from the GnR camp say the bands priority at this point was getting the album out first, and then touring?

Yeah, but one doesn't exclude the other....

That's all I'm saying.

Seeing GN'R live would be like icing on the cake.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3261 on: August 16, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »

Now NIN have extended the tour and now are talking of a European leg...

U have to tour Chinese democracy if it comes out this year.I cant see axl waiting till Robin is finished which could be Spring.

I was optimistic but with the new NIN dates.......... I don't think its looking good.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3262 on: August 16, 2008, 11:50:33 PM »

i told you guys they would add more dates.  and mark my words when i say nin will add EVEN MORE dates in the future (i would be very surprised if he does not tour europe).  this is a big tour - there's no way trent would put that much time, effort and money into this grand scale stage production and performance just to go on a little touring stint for a couple months.  and there's no way trent hired robin with the stipulation that he would probably return back to new-gnr if things pick up - nin has a huge back catalog that they've been presenting on this tour and it would suck to have to audition/hire some new guy to play catch-up if robin were to leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF1XVbIVwpU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIJxSNiJkp8 (and just look at that stage!)

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #3263 on: August 16, 2008, 11:52:32 PM »

so Robin wont tour if gnr tour this year then...
hmm interesting

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #3264 on: August 17, 2008, 02:50:36 AM »

With the newly annouced tour dates Chinese Democracy could see a release of late 09 or 10
jnjdemocracy
Opening Act

Estranged Democracy

« Reply #3265 on: August 17, 2008, 10:19:46 AM »

Although I always try and see the band live when in the UK -
I don't think they have to tour in support of CD assuming it is
going to be trilogy released over a period of time.
I think it would be good to let the first one drop and then
when the 2nd album ready for release say 6-9 months later they could
start the tour.
This way perhaps the set becomes more Democracy based.
Don't get me wrong I would see them no matter what they played
but this could tie in with Robins plans and really herald the start of the new Democracy era.

Jn'J
No sleep till Hammersmith 07/06/06
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3266 on: August 17, 2008, 10:50:32 AM »

With the newly annouced tour dates Chinese Democracy could see a release of late 09 or 10

Do you honestly think GN'R lets some other band dictate when they do their things?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
maynard
« Reply #3267 on: August 17, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »

Do you honestly think GN'R lets some other band dictate when they do their things?

/jarmo

No, GNR is too BADASS for that.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #3268 on: August 17, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »

/jarmo

Robin is a main part of Guns N' Roses to see another person playing his leads i dont see it with Robin being here for so long
ben9785
« Reply #3269 on: August 17, 2008, 09:36:42 PM »

I have no doubt that NIN tour is going to go well into Mid 2009. We don't know how Robin is personally feeling about it or what he's planning, that's if he's even planning anything.

Again, he could just be taking it a day at a time and see how it feels. He might already have a plan to stay on for longer. He might drop out before the tour ends. He might just be committed to the one tour.

Robin might, from we know and have seen, be a big part of what GNR have become today playing live with the band and his song-writing contributions, but, as disappointing as it would be, if he doesn't come back, GNR can surely move on without him.
Paul Huge apparently was a big part of it especially for Axl personally, and he's no longer involved.
There's a possibility that a large majority of the songs we've heard live were co-wrote by another 'significant' member whose involvement we don't know about, someone who never even got onstage with GNR..

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:43:27 PM by ben857 » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #3270 on: August 18, 2008, 07:53:30 AM »

I have no doubt that NIN tour is going to go well into Mid 2009. We don't know how Robin is personally feeling about it or what he's planning, that's if he's even planning anything.

Again, he could just be taking it a day at a time and see how it feels. He might already have a plan to stay on for longer. He might drop out before the tour ends. He might just be committed to the one tour.

Good point, ben.  I'm fully expecting NIN to tour Europe in 09 but as you say Robin has not confirmed what his future plans are nor what agreement he entered into with Reznor at the start of the tour.  And without this knowledge, any discussion becomes mere conjecture and, in my opinion, has sometimes led this thread down a somewhat gloomy path.

Personally, I prefer to remain optimistic and, furthermore, Jarmo hit the nail on the head when he commented that GNR would not be likely to let another band dictate their schedule.  Axl has overcome so many obstacles in the course of rebuilding the band and recording this album that I don't for one second think that he'd allow Robin's (potential) absence to derail his plans at this final stage.  With or without Robin, a way will be found to release the album and promote it as they see fit. 

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3271 on: August 18, 2008, 09:08:03 AM »

Good point, ben.  I'm fully expecting NIN to tour Europe in 09 but as you say Robin has not confirmed what his future plans are nor what agreement he entered into with Reznor at the start of the tour.  And without this knowledge, any discussion becomes mere conjecture and, in my opinion, has sometimes led this thread down a somewhat gloomy path.

Personally, I prefer to remain optimistic and, furthermore, Jarmo hit the nail on the head when he commented that GNR would not be likely to let another band dictate their schedule.  Axl has overcome so many obstacles in the course of rebuilding the band and recording this album that I don't for one second think that he'd allow Robin's (potential) absence to derail his plans at this final stage.  With or without Robin, a way will be found to release the album and promote it as they see fit. 

I don't think Axl is gonna wait around for Robin to finish touring with NIN, unless that fits in with the plan (which I hope not).  In other words, if the album, touring, promotion, any other band activity isn't scheduled until 2009 or beyond.  I just hope if Robin is indeed out that it doesn't take 3 years to find a replacement like it did for Buckethead.  If Robin LEFT on his own accord and felt NIN was a better fit for him, then sayonara.  Let's move on and get someone who really wants to be a part of this thing.  I can't say I blame Robin if that was his thinking, the man just wants to play, I just don't want any more delays.  We've had enough of those already, don't you think?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3272 on: August 18, 2008, 11:26:44 AM »

Robin is a main part of Guns N' Roses
Nikki Sixx is a big part of Motley Crue, Motley tours now and he is playing and touring with two bands.

Why can't Robin? Tongue

My guess is that GnR will promote itself and new music before touring. Maybe not before summer festivals 09?
The CD/New music will come out before that I am sure of tho.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:28:39 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3273 on: August 18, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »

Nikki Sixx is a big part of Motley Crue, Motley tours now and he is playing and touring with two bands.

Why can't Robin? Tongue

My guess is that GnR will promote itself and new music before touring. Maybe not before summer festivals 09?

We probably won't see them on the road for awhile. Definitely not this year and perhaps, if Robin stays for the World Tour, half of next year. It is also possible Robin feels he has returned home.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3274 on: August 19, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »

If so wouldn't robin add 'more dates to come' again?

I take it as there's no further dates with NIN for the foreseeable future.
apology accepted  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3275 on: August 19, 2008, 11:25:40 PM »

Why can't Robin? Tongue

Those two bands are touring together though aren't they?  And Sixx AM isn't exactly as established as NIN.  I seriously doubt Axl or Trent will let the guy tour with both bands at the same time.  If GNR wants to sit around and wait for the NIN tour to end, or find a replacement for him until it does that's one thing.  But unless the 2 bands somehow strike up a coalition, I don't see Robin taking part in both bands at the same time.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #3276 on: August 19, 2008, 11:38:09 PM »

One thing I always wonder is why people think that if GNR put out CD in 08 . late 08 that it means they immediately have to go on the road, like the next day. Tour plans take time, and Im sure(confident) that Robin was aware of this. Its not unheard that band puts out an album, and does not comence on the road, for 3-5 months after a release, if it cones, in Nov sway, they would want to optimize the convcert goin attendances.. Logistics and stuff meed to be planned, I actully doubt the band has any interest in doing that process till the album is out and rolling. They can then choose there steps wise. and venues... after the CD comes out.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Shoeboy517
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3277 on: August 19, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »

I honestly don't see the Chinese Democracy beginning in earnest until next year anyways, but who knows.  A lot of bands let their new albums circulate a few months before they get on the road.  I'm guessing a tour wouldn't start within the calendar year, anyways.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3278 on: August 19, 2008, 11:49:09 PM »

One thing I always wonder is why people think that if GNR put out CD in 08 . late 08 that it means they immediately have to go on the road, like the next day. Tour plans take time, and Im sure(confident) that Robin was aware of this. Its not unheard that band puts out an album, and does not comence on the road, for 3-5 months after a release, if it cones, in Nov sway, they would want to optimize the convcert goin attendances.. Logistics and stuff meed to be planned, I actully doubt the band has any interest in doing that process till the album is out and rolling. They can then choose there steps wise. and venues... after the CD comes out.
I'm not so much thinking that GNR would have to tour CD right away, I'm more thinking that the NIN tour could extend deep into 2009.  Supposedly they're gonna extend the tour to other parts of the world at the start of next year, how long might that run?  How much time can go between the release of the album and touring for that album?  I'm simply saying, I hope they have a replacement lined up for Robin.  It appears things are moving in the right direction and it appears Robin's heart is in NIN.  That's just my opinion, and if that's the case, best of luck to him.  Thanks for the memories Robin, but GNR can move on without him.  They've lost more important guys before him, again IMO.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3279 on: August 20, 2008, 12:47:51 AM »

Why can't Robin? Tongue

bad analogy

Nikki is the Axl of Motley Crue and Sixx AM he is the controlling voice, songwriter and main business man, also, Sixx AM isnt considered on the level of MC, its a different style and SixxAM are opening for Motley.

NIN and GNR will never do a co tour which is why this is different. NIN is 50 times bigger than SixxAM also.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: