Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:48:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746219 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #320 on: April 06, 2008, 01:03:16 AM »

I personally would like to see the people who created the record, all of the primary people involved in creating the record (which I'm assuming Robin is), play the record's material once it's out and and time to tour.

So basically you'd want (at least) four guitar players and two drummers on stage? Wink

At this point, we don't know what the album's credits are like.

Since people like to compare situations in the band's history that might not be exactly alike..... Izzy left the band after the Use Your Illusions were released and when people went to see the band play live, after the release, he wasn't there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #321 on: April 06, 2008, 01:15:46 AM »

Losing Buckethead was hard for me to accept, but something tells me that losing Finck will hurt much more in the creative department. I am willing to hold judgment until official word comes down the pipeline, but I am concerned.

Ok.... But the songs have been written and recorded already.

Buckethead left but the results of his creative input are still on the album. Why couldn't the same apply in this case.

/jarmo

I agree with Ali in that I would love to see the principle players perform the songs: Bucket (not going to happen) and Finck especially.

But more importantly I want to see more than a single album of GnR with Robin Finck. I was under the impression these guys were in it for the long haul. If Finck has left, then his creative contribution has come to an end. That saddens me.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #322 on: April 06, 2008, 01:18:30 AM »

Sad if he won't participate in upcoming tours, we will see what happens tho peace
Who has produced Chinese Democracy?
Not sure we know what, but the new music has gone through soooo many producers over time.
It's more than just one album, way more. ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #323 on: April 06, 2008, 01:19:44 AM »

I personally would like to see the people who created the record, all of the primary people involved in creating the record (which I'm assuming Robin is), play the record's material once it's out and and time to tour.

So basically you'd want (at least) four guitar players and two drummers on stage? Wink

At this point, we don't know what the album's credits are like.

Since people like to compare situations in the band's history that might not be exactly alike..... Izzy left the band after the Use Your Illusions were released and when people went to see the band play live, after the release, he wasn't there.

/jarmo

Well, not quite four guitarists Smiley 

But, Robin has put so much time into this, like Tommy and Dizzy, so it would be cool to see him play the stuff he's put so much work into writing live after the record has come out.  Plus, I'm assuming that Robin is one of the primary contributors to the record given the length of his tenure and the amazing contribution he's already given with "Better".

I did go see the band after Izzy left and was replaced, so I'm cool with it.  But, then I was disappointed that I didn't get to see Izzy play, as I would be now with Robin if he has left.  But, I would still see the band without hesitation.  Which isn't to say the situations with Izzy and Robin are exactly the same.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #324 on: April 06, 2008, 01:33:21 AM »

I'm assuming that Robin is one of the primary contributors to the record given the length of his tenure and the amazing contribution he's already given with "Better".

We don't really know anything about the song writing credits on the album at this point.

Did he write one song or did he write ten? We don't know yet.

So until we do, I'd suggest we stop speculating who had how big parts in what and where.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #325 on: April 06, 2008, 01:35:51 AM »

I'm assuming that Robin is one of the primary contributors to the record given the length of his tenure and the amazing contribution he's already given with "Better".

We don't really know anything about the song writing credits on the album at this point.

So until we do, I'd suggest we stop speculating who had how big parts in what and where.  hihi

/jarmo

That's true.  But, we do know for sure that he's written one amazing song in "Better"! Smiley

Ali
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #326 on: April 06, 2008, 01:37:19 AM »

/jarmo

I think Ali is justified to assume that Robin was one of the primary contributers to the record. We can gauge his contribution already from what we have heard in the leaks and the breakdown of the leads onstage.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #327 on: April 06, 2008, 01:37:59 AM »

Im sure Finck had a major contribution in almost all of the songs. Axl would have not kept him for over 10 yrs if he didnt value his ability.

The lack of loyalty from some fans that Im reading in this thread  is concerning. But hey what do I know.  

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #328 on: April 06, 2008, 01:39:25 AM »

The lack of loyalty from some fans that Im reading in this thread  is concerning. But hey what do I know. 

Loyalty to what?

I think Ali is justified to assume that Robin was one of the primary contributers to the record. We can gauge his contribution already from what we have heard in the leaks and the breakdown of the leads onstage.

He's a guitar player so it's not too far fetched to assume he plays guitar on the songs.  Wink

What I meant is that we don't know the song writing credits so it's impossible to say how much of them can be attributed to him or anybody else.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:43:18 AM by jarmo » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #329 on: April 06, 2008, 01:40:34 AM »

to the band we have all defended and  supported in this long process...im getting the vibe of "GNR will just move on"....sorta like Robin is just another number
 no
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:43:17 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2008, 01:44:37 AM »

to the band we have all defended and  supported in this long process...im getting the vibe of "GNR will just move on"....sorta like Robin is just another number
 no

If you don't support GN'R today, you shouldn't be here today.

Makes me wonder how some supporters weren't even here last week when we had awesome news and updates from Axl. They just seem to turn up when there's something else going on.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:49:42 AM by jarmo » Logged

Ali
Legend

« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2008, 01:48:05 AM »

no

Robin is definitely NOT just another number.  But, GN'R has historically always moved on through difficult times and key departures.  So, there's every reason to believe that will continue if there is another departure.

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2008, 01:51:53 AM »

thats a weird mentality dont you think?

You have a guy who has been in the band for a decade. A lineup that most new fans were proud of and felt could represent the new chapter of GNR well. And during all that time there have been many ups and downs. And when the band slowly changes members before they even begin you expect people to just move on with whatver is on the stage?

I think most people associate new gnr with the people who will have had a major hand in creating CD. Their 2 big lead guitarists are now gone...forget Bucket thoyugh..this isnt about him.....the guitarist who has been there since day 1 who has put up with a lot of bullshit from the fans and press is now gone...yet you expect fans to just move right along?

But, GN'R has historically always moved on through difficult times and key departures.  So, there's every reason to believe that will continue if there is another departure.
agreed \. Theres no doubt in my mind GNR will move on. With that being said I dont think you can compare lets say Izzys departure to something liek this. Izzy was already established. Finck isnt.

I think its safe to assume that one of Axls main goals has been to create the best dam album possible. Well if the album is done, that means he has achieved that in his own mind. So that tells me one thing. The people who helped create that album must have been highly thought of by Axl. So in terms of a live setting we wont be getting the best band that GNR has to offer in regards to the album. And now they are gone. Particularly Finck. So yea GNR will roll on and get a more than capable person up there to play the songs. But in a perfect world wouldnt you want to see the people who created those songs out there on the stage? Yea I know the world isnt perfect, you cant get what you want, yada,yada yda...and by no means am I blaming Axl for this. It was Fincks choice to leave. It just sux for us imo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:04:21 AM by younggunner » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2008, 01:58:40 AM »

You have a guy who has been in the band for a decade. A lineup that most new fans were proud of and felt could represent the new chapter of GNR well. And during all that time there have been many ups and downs. And when the band slowly changes members before they even begin you expect people to just move on with whatver is on the stage?

I think most people associate new gnr with the people who will have had a major hand in creating CD. Their 2 big lead guitarists are now gone...forget Bucket thoyugh..this isnt about him.....the guitarist who has been there since day 1 who has put up with a lot of bullshit from the fans and press is now gone...yet you expect fans to just move right along?

I agree with this comment. Fans came out in large numbers to see the new band, were introduced to and fell in love with the new players. If Robin has departed the project, it is reasonable to expect fans to be angry and disappointed. If the parts are interchangeable than the live show becomes a very sterile experience.  I simply don't support a 'forget and move on' mentality to line up changes.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2008, 02:04:07 AM »

No, it's really not.

A Guns N' Roses site that supports Guns N' Roses for people who truly support Guns N' Roses. Nothing weird about that.

Yes I expect people who come here to support the band that we have right now. That doesn't mean we're disrespectful about the past, we just choose to focus on the present.

You don't like it? Too fucking bad. Now, go on and tell me that's a "cop out".  hihi

You can be angry or disappointed, but like the song says "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)", because there's nothing you or I can do about it.  ok

/jarmo

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2008, 02:06:32 AM »

You can be angry or disappointed, but like the song says "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)", because there's nothing you or I can do about it.

We can voice our feelings and support one another, especially when our heroes move on without us.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2008, 02:07:13 AM »

No, it's really not.

A Guns N' Roses site that supports Guns N' Roses for people who truly support Guns N' Roses. Nothing weird about that.

Yes I expect people who come here to support the band that we have right now. That doesn't mean we're disrespectful about the past, we just choose to focus on the present.

You don't like it? Too fucking bad. Now, go on and tell me that's a "cop out".  

You can be angry or disappointed, but like the song says "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)", because there's nothing you or I can do about it.  

Ill respond to that very easily....sorry KV but you articulated it so well.....

. Fans came out in large numbers to see the new band, were introduced to and fell in love with the new players......
If the parts are interchangeable than the live show becomes a very sterile experience.

You say we must focus on the present. You act as if Fincks departure is just another day at the office. Its major news. Its something that will spark a lot of thoughts from the fans. Just because hes not here doesnt mean we can quickly move on and focus on the current configuration. If you have that mentality then you are just a fan of the name Guns N Roses and not of the actual members in the band
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:13:10 AM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2008, 02:11:26 AM »

We can voice our feelings and support one another, especially when our heroes move on without us.

Oh ok.

If these people are your heroes, shouldn't you follow them wherever they go?

Ill respond to that very easily....sorry KV but you articulated it so well.....

. Fans came out in large numbers to see the new band, were introduced to and fell in love with the new players......
If the parts are interchangeable than the live show becomes a very sterile experience.

You say we must focus on the present. You act as if Fincks departure is just another day at the office. Its major news. Its something that will spark a lot of thoughts from the fans.

I don't see anything "sterile" about seeing GN'R live in 2006 or 2007 compared to seeing them earlier in 2006 with Brain on drums.

Was there anything "sterile" about hearing Bumblefoot play Don't Cry with Axl singing it?

You say we must focus on the present. You act as if Fincks departure is just another day at the office. Its major news. Its something that will spark a lot of thoughts from the fans.

No, I'm here in the present. A time when we don't know much because we haven't heard anything official.

That's a fact.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:14:40 AM by jarmo » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2008, 02:18:52 AM »

I don't see anything "sterile" about seeing GN'R live in 2006 or 2007 compared to seeing them earlier in 2006 with Brain on drums.

Was there anything "sterile" about hearing Bumblefoot play Don't Cry with Axl singing it?
Again, no one is saying GNR wont recover. They will. Dont Cry was a cool moment. But the more times the lineup changes the less meaningful it becomes. I think most people want to see and hear the main players who were the driving forces behind CD..not some touring musicians

Gilby fit right in because you had Slash and Duff...guys who were driving forces behind the material were still there being seen and heard

Replacements for Robin and Bucket wont work as well...for me atleast.... because they will not have had a hand in making CD.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:22:41 AM by younggunner » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2008, 02:20:39 AM »

If these people are your heroes, shouldn't you follow them wherever they go?

Yes and no. Sometimes the ideal no longer exists once they leave.

There was still love there for me, albeit damaged. But if band becomes a revolving door of mercenaries, it may very well descend and actualize that description.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: