Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:07:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746227 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2008, 08:15:36 PM »

I have no idea how this thread fell into if CD is actually done or not but I can't believe there is even 1 person left on this board that doesn't believe it is.  Apparently, word from Sebastian or even members of GNR isn't good enough for you? Roll Eyes

i have no idea why we started talking about that either  Undecided i think Jarmo brought it up...but he'll prolly blame me thats ok though...i like being hte bad guy....ROCK N ROLL right? dont conform to authority and all that shit?  hihi

for real? I personally think that the "recording" is more than likely done, and i also believe that universal hasnt talked much to axl about this thing...aside maybe from Axl and Iovine having direct private contact that hasnt made it to the rest of universal staff ... and i dont know about the track sequencing, the mixing, the masters, the artwork, the liner notes, the marketing plan, the release schedule and whatever the fuck else needs to be completed ... thats why i say we dont know if the "album" is complete...if anyone has confirmation about any of those things please share cuz i missed out on that news...again its more mincing words than anything is recording a bunch of songs the same as releasing an Album? I say no...and obvious Jarmo says yes...to each his own  peace

More recently, he played in Guns N Roses. Fownes has been performing with UNKLE, and has been a member of With Scissors and The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster.

Sounds past tense , as if it is done and over with. I mean Trent always has people coming in out of NIN this could just be a tour deal and thats it. I don't see everyone is jumping to conclusions. It would really suck to see him go out of the 3 I always favored Robin's playing a little bit more.

more than likely its the journalists poor wording than anything. like has been said a 100 times...we have to wait for an official word to determine whats up.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »

OK Neemo I understand what you are saying but it's been confirmed more than once that the "holdup is by the record company" so in essence that would mean there is a record to hold up?  I would like to believe the new management guys will get it all sorted out though.  They seem perfectly fit for a job like that.

As for Robin, we wait with bated breath....
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2008, 08:25:53 PM »

I guess no one has  thought that maybe the dude could be in two bands.
Maybe it's not on the same level (although White Stripes has headlined Madison Square Garden), but Jack White is in White Stripes and The Raconteurs. Both bands have done tours and put out albums damn near simultaneously.
Personally, I don't think Robin is leaving, but maybe we could close the thread before we set a page number record for speculation.
I say wait and see. (How 'bout a gold star Jarmo)

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »

OK Neemo I understand what you are saying but it's been confirmed more than once that the "holdup is by the record company" so in essence that would mean there is a record to hold up?

thats why i was saying that i heard that the label hasnt been in talks with axl for a few months..now i heard that a couple weeks ago...so its quite possible that things have now changed

I would like to believe the new management guys will get it all sorted out though.  They seem perfectly fit for a job like that.

i agree and thats why i say that things have more than likely changed in discussions

As for Robin, we wait with bated breath....

again i agree but with the media buzz GnR got from DrP and then the great announcement that GnR had a new management team i though things were on the up and up...thats why this Robin situation is so damn puzzling  Undecided

EDIT: (and my source to the label is nearly as good as the soruce of the recording news comign from directly Beta, baz or GnR members...take it or leave it i'm not saying where the source comes from or who it is...but i will say that its actually two different sources sayign it so i'm not just pulling it out of my ass)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:38:04 PM by Neemo » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2008, 08:37:28 PM »

last time robin left it was because the album was nowhere in site

i have no idea why we started talking about that either  Undecided i think Jarmo brought it up...but he'll prolly blame me thats ok though.

Sure. I replied to your above quote saying things aren't the same today. That's all.

I don't feel the need to blame anyone. It's there for all to see.  Kiss

is recording a bunch of songs the same as releasing an Album? I say no...and obvious Jarmo says yes...to each his own  peace

Keep twisting my words.

This is from a person who claims an album isn't finished until you can buy it.

That's just bullshit in my opinion.

I guess a painting isn't done until it's sold? Van Gogh only finished one painting in his whole life?

Or a movie done until somebody has bought a ticket to see it.

I believe the album is done. Finished. It's at a point where it's not been before.

Now it's up to the record company to release it so you can go buy it and and then say it's finished.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »

I believe the album is done. Finished. It's at a point where it's not been before.

/jarmo

Who has produced Chinese Democracy?
This isnt just me being a smart ass either, just honsetly curious.  I  dont remember hearing anyone mention anything about it being produced by anyone in a long time.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »

Who has produced Chinese Democracy?

I'm sure that information will be announced when it's time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »

i have no idea why we started talking about that either  Undecided i think Jarmo brought it up...but he'll prolly blame me thats ok though.

Sure. I replied to your above quote saying things aren't the same today. That's all.

I don't feel the need to blame anyone. It's there for all to see.  Kiss

is recording a bunch of songs the same as releasing an Album? I say no...and obvious Jarmo says yes...to each his own  peace

Keep twisting my words.

This is from a person who claims an album isn't finished until you can buy it.

That's just bullshit in my opinion.

I guess a painting isn't done until it's sold? Van Gogh only finished one painting in his whole life?

Now it's up to the record company to release it so you can go buy it and and then say it's finished.

/jarmo

your the one twisting my words Jarmo..posting partial quotes trying to make me look bad....and your mods calling my posts stupid

from the paqrtial quote you took from me......I said LAST TIME ROBIN LEFT as in 1999

and you said this to start the album talk before i ever mentioned the album

The album wasn't done in 1999, it's done now.

Big difference.

/jarmo

I don't feel the need to blame anyone. It's there for all to see.  Kiss

a painting is never finished  Wink

no but its not done after the actors are finished acting it still has CGI and other things to complete? and it wouldnt take a studio a year to release it after the CGI is done either

It's at a point where it's not been before.

agreed  ok its just not quite done IMO...until i hear otherwise

no its up to them both to finish negotiating the shit they are negotiating...then finish all that other crap i mentioned before....and IMO an album isnt done after recording...its a big part...but its not the whole thing if you dont understand then fine i cant explain it any better

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #308 on: April 05, 2008, 08:57:56 PM »

Anyone who claims to have something to do with this album gets barraged with e-mails, calls, and the like....do you blame them for not publically announcing who is involved until they are ready to put the record to the masses?

There are already forum members calling over to the new management about Robin, can you imagine what it will be like when they announce the producer of CD?
overmatik
« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2008, 09:01:50 PM »

Wow, relax guys!!! Robin just wanna have fun, we should be happy that he settled things with Trent! Cool

And after all, is everything about Axl, isn't it? What's the point if anybody left now, it would be irrelevant, after all the shit that happened this would be nothing! smoking
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:03:21 PM by overmatik » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2008, 09:05:34 PM »

Neemo, I wish you'd know better than to argue with me when you know I'm right:

My first mention of the album was a response to that part of your post where you clearly used the word album. See?

Big difference.

Look at the times!

Look again: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51313.msg1059872#msg1059872

Please. See? I replied to your post where you used the word.

Take some responsibility.

I pointed out how today is different to last time (1999) because you mentioned the album.

Why not just admit it?  Huh

I'm just a bit confused about how I could've started something when I responded to your post that you made five minutes earlier.

The logic makes no sense to me.

Is this your idea of fun?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:11:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #311 on: April 05, 2008, 09:34:38 PM »

Neemo, I wish you'd know better than to argue with me when you know I'm right:

My first mention of the album was a response to that part of your post where you clearly used the word album. See?

Big difference.

Look at the times!

Look again: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51313.msg1059872#msg1059872

Please. See? I replied to your post where you used the word.

Take some responsibility.

heres my post

Theres a positive side to this, we get to see Robin this summer live with NIN where he shines as much as he does in GNR.  Cool   I really do believe we will see Robin with GnR once everything is ready and this NIN reunion tour has ran its course.

Richard can play with Nena and no one raised a fuss.   Dizzy has tour dates booked with his own thing..  Tommy was in Soul Asylum for a while before the band came back in 2006.   

We don't have any official news/comments on this yet.

I'm not saying this isn't true, I'm saying we don't know anything so it's pointless to speculate.

well the only thing i'm assuming is that the NIN tour will 8 months to a year long...so that puts us into 2009... until robin can commit to gnr again...

i guess its a possiblity that gnr releases the album for the xmas 08 season and tours in the may-december season of 2009 to promote the album....the only problem with that is that its like deja-fucking-vu all over again

I was kinda getting excited with the dr pepper hype and the announcement of a management team i thought that things were looking up...last time robin left it was because the album was nowhere in site and axl had no clue he was gonna leave...i hope that this time both parties were more open with each other...i hope that we get a statement from the band and axl next week  Undecided

...geez all i was saying was that i hoped that Axl and Robin had more communication this time around...the 1999 reference to the album was a mute point...saying why Robin left last time...i wasnt implying that he left cuz of that this time...Last time Robin left Axl was in the dark about it and he freaked and rerecorded everything robin had done, so i was hoping this time the NIN trek was a bit more amicable (sp?) between the two parties,  then i posted a possible scenario on when robin may return...I have no idea why you latched on to that particular peice of my post as it totally wasnt even my main point  Undecided i even thought it was a good post...obviously it wasnt  Cry you tried to implicate me in saying that the recording wasnt done at this time and in no way do i feel that i implicated that in that post. later on i was playing devils advocate as you say gnr said one thing....i was saying the label is saying something else....who is right? well we dont know maybe they both are  Undecided

but i digress....yes you're right, get over it, can we please move on? i still think youre the one who dragged it off topic though  hihi

and nobody ever did answer my question on how long NIN usually tour for  Tongue

Anyone who claims to have something to do with this album gets barraged with e-mails, calls, and the like....do you blame them for not publically announcing who is involved until they are ready to put the record to the masses?

There are already forum members calling over to the new management about Robin, can you imagine what it will be like when they announce the producer of CD?

haha no doubt gnr fans are nuts
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:39:01 PM by Neemo » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2008, 09:50:39 PM »

Is this your idea of fun?

actually yeah it was a good debate IMO  beer

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2008, 11:34:17 PM »

Robin....

here's a guy with OK skills at best.  Sure he plays gnr very well, but mostly music he hasn't written.  Yeah, i know he puts his own little twist on older songs here and there, but he's really not one of the greatest we've heard.  I'm a big fan, but his ability is minimal.  I hope he stays, but i won't miss him too much if he doesn't.  I feel Axl can get a better guitarist who can add a lot to his music.  His solos (live that is) are really bad.  They're all over the place and very sloppy.

Now i know there will be some backlash, but i'm not a hater who enjoys bashing the band.  I love gnr as much as anyone here, this is just my opinion.....

now let the replies start!!!!!!.....................

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #314 on: April 05, 2008, 11:57:35 PM »

Robin....

here's a guy with OK skills at best.  Sure he plays gnr very well, but mostly music he hasn't written.  Yeah, i know he puts his own little twist on older songs here and there, but he's really not one of the greatest we've heard.  I'm a big fan, but his ability is minimal.  I hope he stays, but i won't miss him too much if he doesn't.  I feel Axl can get a better guitarist who can add a lot to his music.  His solos (live that is) are really bad.  They're all over the place and very sloppy.

Now i know there will be some backlash, but i'm not a hater who enjoys bashing the band.  I love gnr as much as anyone here, this is just my opinion.....

He wrote most of the music for Better which is IMO one of the best GnR songs new or old.  That alone gives him credibility.  Also his solo on The Blues is great.  He might not be the greatest, cleanest technical player ever, he's more of an avant garde player.  He is a good writer and has a really unique style and is a great presence at live shows.  It says something when two of the most talented rock musicians in the past 30 years, Axl Rose and Trent Reznor, are both vying for your services
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #315 on: April 06, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »

Jarmo please talk with someone...

Please tell that Robin is still on GN'R!

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #316 on: April 06, 2008, 12:34:41 AM »

Robin....

He wrote most of the music for Better which is IMO one of the best GnR songs new or old.  That alone gives him credibility.  Also his solo on The Blues is great.  He might not be the greatest, cleanest technical player ever, he's more of an avant garde player.  He is a good writer and has a really unique style and is a great presence at live shows.  It says something when two of the most talented rock musicians in the past 30 years, Axl Rose and Trent Reznor, are both vying for your services

Robin seized the spotlight during the last tour; we witnessed his creative force and vibrant stage presence. Losing Buckethead was hard for me to accept, but something tells me that losing Finck will hurt much more in the creative department. I am willing to hold judgment until official word comes down the pipeline, but I am concerned.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: April 06, 2008, 12:40:21 AM »

Losing Buckethead was hard for me to accept, but something tells me that losing Finck will hurt much more in the creative department. I am willing to hold judgment until official word comes down the pipeline, but I am concerned.

Ok.... But the songs have been written and recorded already.

Buckethead left but the results of his creative input are still on the album. Why couldn't the same apply in this case.

/jarmo

Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: April 06, 2008, 12:45:37 AM »

Robin seized the spotlight during the last tour; we witnessed his creative force and vibrant stage presence. Losing Buckethead was hard for me to accept, but something tells me that losing Finck will hurt much more in the creative department. I am willing to hold judgment until official word comes down the pipeline, but I am concerned.
[/quote]

I think this pretty much sums up how all of us SHOULD be taking this. I mean I first heard about this I said "Here we go again, more bad news". However, when I read what killingvector said here, I have to say it's not fair for me or anyone else to judge before more word comes out officially about this. I'm concerned as well, but this is pretty good advice to heed, at least in my opinion. I also agree the same thing could happen to where Robin's parts could be kept on the album as well as Buckethead's if the worse case scenario happens. 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #319 on: April 06, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »

Losing Buckethead was hard for me to accept, but something tells me that losing Finck will hurt much more in the creative department. I am willing to hold judgment until official word comes down the pipeline, but I am concerned.

Ok.... But the songs have been written and recorded already.

Buckethead left but the results of his creative input are still on the album. Why couldn't the same apply in this case.

/jarmo

I agree with regards to the creative process.  It's already done for this record.  But, that's also what bothers me about the possibility of Robin leaving:  I personally would like to see the people who created the record, all of the primary people involved in creating the record (which I'm assuming Robin is), play the record's material once it's out and and time to tour.

It's just the sense of continuity between the recorded music and the live music.  I think that the people that wrote the music, that recorded it, are the ones who can really make the music come alive in a concert setting.

But, again, I hope we can get some official word soon.  Really soon.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: