Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 11:02:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748419 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2900 on: June 24, 2008, 10:26:22 PM »

I guarantee that we will get an answer the week of July 25, 2008 - August 2, 2008. Why you ask? Because that is the first week of the NIN tour and they will be doing interviews, publicity etc. to generate talk of the tour. Also in newspaper reviews they will say former Gn'R guitarist Robin Finck is back in the band & that will force the Guns camp to make an official anouncement. So until then lets just sit tight and wait till the "verbal sparring" begins in late July.

I see your logic, but past history has shown us nothing will force the GNR camp to show their hand. If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say that the album release plans are their priority, and once those are solidified they will try to get a touring band together. In Robin's case this would probably be locking the stable door after the horse has bolted, but there you go. Axl is a strong willed guy and he's unquestionably the center of this band. Two things have repeatedly proven to be true:

1. Activity, announcement and gigs will only ever happen when Axl wants them to.
2. Regardless of who comes and goes, if Axl wants to play, he'll get a band together to perform under the GNR banner.

And there goes the challenger...
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2901 on: June 25, 2008, 09:44:35 AM »

With everything going on and it being so quiet I am thinking this is similar to when BBF was brought into the band. I believe Robin is gone for good, Trent is such a control freak, he wouldn't let Robin come and go as he pleases. Trent said somewhere he wants to release a new album each year for the next 3 years, I highly doubt he would keep hiring new guitarists to tour behind those records.

Anyway, I think GNR are either finding a new guitarist as we speak or re-arranging the live versions of the songs to be played by Richard and BBF. I mean, all these people that think Robin will drop this NIN gig are kidding themselves. He's now in a ACTIVE band which is leading the label-free push, free to do as they choose, being constantly innovative, and playing HUGE shows. GNR will probably never get invited to do Lollapalooza or Virgin Fest so I mean good for Robin, artistically this is a better route for him. I'd rather be known as the guitarist for NIN than Slash's replacement.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2902 on: June 25, 2008, 09:58:56 AM »

good point gearbm95

i'm also happy for Robin.

NIN are a band that offer much more than Gn'R in all aspects. i'm sure there's much love for Gn'r in Robin's Heart, but if he chooses to stick with NIN he'll problably do a lot better.

in NIN he's very respected and he might even make more money. He loves NIN, he was part of it for god knows how long. so i bet NIN is home to him as well.

Gn'r did nothing but a good tour. and for a 10 year commitment i can't fault him for wanting more. besides, in Gn'r he's always goin to be compared to slash, and that's not an easy thing.

Robin's an artist. he gave us his heart, and we'll discover his talent when Cd finally sees the light of day.

But for the time being i' m very happy for him. it's better this than to stay at home doin nothing or to do one off jobs or shitty tours like the rest of Gn'r.

all things considered, i'm happy for robin, he gave us much joy with his performances, he disearves everything good that can come his way.

Chinese Democracy!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2903 on: June 25, 2008, 12:14:59 PM »

He didn't leave yet. Also, I'm sure he knows Trent very well to be wraped in his control freak side and exclude GNR for NIN - all or nothing.

Also, it's not like Robin wrote Trent's album he recorded. If someone replaces him in NIN, it won't affect any future albums Trent plans to make.

Gn'r did nothing but a good tour. and for a 10 year commitment i can't fault him for wanting more.
And at least 3 albums worth of material. Just because it's not out yet it doesn't mean they did nothing. It's 10 years of hard work rather than "nothing but a good tour".

axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #2904 on: June 25, 2008, 12:57:15 PM »

i agree with you 100% Voodoochild,  i get a big fuckin laugh outta people who think that GNR sat on there asses for the past 10, 12 or how how many years.   Axl has a plan, i have a strong feeling everything will fall in place very soon.

peace peace peace peace peace peace
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2905 on: June 26, 2008, 07:04:52 AM »

It's amazing that we've had 2 singers come out and say rumors are not true, they are not joining Velvet Revovler, but we can't get a straight answer from Robin Fink as to whether or not he's still in the band, and Guns n Roses put out a statement saying they are not sure of his plans-it just shows how out of touch this band is with communication with the fans-I'm sorry people will not like to hear this, but oh well-it's amazing

libertad
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2906 on: June 26, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »

I Know Robin wrote a lot of music for Gn'R, but in 10 years they didn't release new music. and as much gratification as he has for the work he did with the band he still has to face a whole world unaware of what he did.

Gn'r is still a memory act, they perform on the old bands repertoire. it's gotta be more hard for robin to be in Gn'r knowing he did some amazing new songs but for some reason they didn't see the light of day and the whole world still thinks of him as a slash rip off.

it's a tough shoe to fill, and the world isn't as sympathetic towards him as you and i may be.

so yes, all they did was a tour. the rest may be wonderful but truth of the matter it still doesn't exist to the world, therefore it doesn't matter, and if anything it's just harder cuz he needs to awnser the same old question of" When's CD comin out!?!"

all i'm sayin is NIN is a better job all things considered.

he may be back in Gn'R when there's something to do other than wait. t'ill now he's better off in NIN, he gets way more respect in that band.

He didn't leave yet. Also, I'm sure he knows Trent very well to be wraped in his control freak side and exclude GNR for NIN - all or nothing.

Also, it's not like Robin wrote Trent's album he recorded. If someone replaces him in NIN, it won't affect any future albums Trent plans to make.

Gn'r did nothing but a good tour. and for a 10 year commitment i can't fault him for wanting more.
And at least 3 albums worth of material. Just because it's not out yet it doesn't mean they did nothing. It's 10 years of hard work rather than "nothing but a good tour".

Chinese Democracy!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2907 on: June 26, 2008, 07:45:15 AM »

I Know Robin wrote a lot of music for Gn'R, but in 10 years they didn't release new music. and as much gratification as he has for the work he did with the band he still has to face a whole world unaware of what he did.

Gn'r is still a memory act, they perform on the old bands repertoire. it's gotta be more hard for robin to be in Gn'r knowing he did some amazing new songs but for some reason they didn't see the light of day and the whole world still thinks of him as a slash rip off.

it's a tough shoe to fill, and the world isn't as sympathetic towards him as you and i may be.

so yes, all they did was a tour. the rest may be wonderful but truth of the matter it still doesn't exist to the world, therefore it doesn't matter, and if anything it's just harder cuz he needs to awnser the same old question of" When's CD comin out!?!"

all i'm sayin is NIN is a better job all things considered.

he may be back in Gn'R when there's something to do other than wait. t'ill now he's better off in NIN, he gets way more respect in that band.

Yeh, he gets SOOO much respect in nin,

You obviously dont remember when after Robin left gnr, Trent said something along the lines of ' Our new Gutiar player pisses all over Robin"

Yeh, respect usually goes both ways, thats how you build trust/rapport/friendship , but mabye this is just a simple gig for robin, nothing more, I mean,
how many times can a dog be kicked down...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2908 on: June 26, 2008, 09:06:14 AM »

i'm speaking in regards of how fans treat him.

i haven't seen any NIN fan that hasn't spoken with respect for his work in the band, unlike in GN'R.

and besides, do you really think he has bad blood with trent? if that'd be the case he wouldn't be on tour with them now would it?

obviously whatever their problems were, they are now gone.

and have you forgotten trent only said that because robin left him for Gn'R?

well if i were trent i'd be pissed off myself, but it seems it's all fine now.

Chinese Democracy!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2909 on: June 26, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »

I wouldn't be shocked if he wrote more for GN'R that he's done in NIN.

"Written by Trent Reznor" seems to be the norm in that band where as GN'R seems to be a far more collaborating band.

So I think that assumption might be wrong.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:09:42 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2910 on: June 26, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »

Also, the live performances of the new songs in GNR are more of his work than all his time and effort in NIN. Yeah, all those songs are not released in a record, but they were showed to A LOT of people live and in broadcasts.

gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2911 on: June 26, 2008, 10:51:22 AM »

Granted Robin may have written and recorded...1..2..3..or even 20 albums worth of material with GNR...guess what? It doesn't exist to ANYONE outside of these forums or the hardcore GNR fans. Until GNR gets their shit together and proves that they're not a novelty act it won't matter.

Most of my friends laugh at me for saying I like GNR, because GNR doesn't exist in the mainstream conscience of American consumers. Everyone knows GNR from SCOM, WTTJ, and NR but none of the "casual" fans have heard of CD, TWAT, CITR.

The PR job that GNR has in front of them is insane, I mean, people were showing up the 2002 gigs wondering where Slash and Duff were. Call those people dumb or whatever, but they are still part of the GNR market. You need to sell this as a band, and more and more it seems that GNR is turning into a studio band. Granted GNR do all the big Euro/Asian festivals, how come they're not booked at Coachella, Virgin Fest, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza etc. It's just frustrating being a fan of this band sometimes.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2912 on: June 26, 2008, 11:27:19 AM »

Gn'r are not an active band by all means. they pulled off sucessful tours, but their past is the only thing building their name.

and yes Jarmo, i'm aware of how things work in NIN, and i do believe Robin feels strong and proud about what he's done in GN'R, he gave Gn'r 10 years of his life. it's not easy for an artist to spend so much time in a project, specially if he can't even show it to the world, if his heart is not in it. I for one don't doubt Robin's Love for Gn'R and i hope his contribution to the band isn't over, because Chinese Democracy is his baby as well.

But at the end of the day a musician strives for live performances and making things happen.

All i'm saying is if, and let me make it clear on the IF, if he choses to leave Gn'r over NIN, i can't understand why and i don't think he should be faulted. for one i think he may have more patience than anyone i know, and he sure as hell as put up with a lot more than the original members, 10 years of doing nothing but studio and the occasional tour seems like a nightmare to any artist.

In NIN things happen at a totally different pace, regardless of the conditions that lead to a speeedier process on making and putting out a record.

i love Robin, i really do. i think his presence and performance in Gn'r are Incendiary. i don't even care much for NIN. but at the end of the day it's his Job, not mine. he obviously likes it and i can see why. they are a great band with a huge following, they are making a whole lotta money and they are very influencial. it seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

And even if he's just touring with them for the time being, i think it's awesome for robin to jump on board of two great bands with that ease. i don't see many artists pulling that off. That just show's how his talent is recognized.

Just like that other guy was saying, Robin's such a great guy he can jump from band to band without causing bad blood.

i haven't met robin in person but from what i can tell, he's the real deal and really nice guy.

i don't get why everyone is giving him a bad time when they should be happy for him, he gave us much joy in the past, let him chose his future.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:37:32 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2913 on: June 26, 2008, 11:37:29 AM »

But at the end of the day a musician strives for live performances and making things happen.

All i'm saying is if, and let me make it clear on the IF, if he choses to leave Gn'r over NIN, i can't understand why and i don't think he should be faulted. for one i think he may have more patience than anyone i know, and he sure as hell as put up with a lot more than the original members, 10 years of doing nothing but studio and the occasional tour seems like a nightmare to any artist.

With NIN, Robin plays Trent's material that he (robin) had zero part in creating.

With GNR, Robin plays GNR material that he helped create that will bring another generation of fans to what GNR has evolved to along with the classic songs that GNR fans love.

How can anyone say that as an artist, robin is better off in nin?  Huh

P.S.  my issues with Robin have nothing to do with him as an artist.  my objections are all about how he has chosen to handle this current  situation... and only because of that, I hope he's out of GNR.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2914 on: June 26, 2008, 11:39:26 AM »

regardless of his input, he is still the one that has to choose what he likes the most and what he wants to do Smiley

P.S. besides Robin could also say that he feels frustrated on working in music for so long that takes so much time to see the light of day.

i know this is a problem for him because he has quit Gn'r in the past to join NIn for that same reason.

So at the end of the day it's a lose/ lose situation.

wait at home for god knows how long t'ill you have something to promote and get bored outta your mind in the process.

or

Go on Tour with your friends around the world, except it's not your creation but trent's.

well i think he choses to see the world, and a good choice it is Smiley 5 star hotels, fans, the rush of a concert every other night, new guitars, more money.

To be in Gn'r Right now means to be waiting... i can't see why he'd do that. everyone's doing their thing at this point, Robin's just doing it better

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:46:32 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2915 on: June 26, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »

Robin is NOT in NIN.

NIN doesn't work that way. He's a hired musician... plain and simple. Does Trent like him? Yes. Is he a member of NIN? No. Trent is NIN. No one else.

Touring/recording members come and go. Robin is just another... he ain't the first.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2916 on: June 26, 2008, 11:52:50 AM »

well, so are Bon Jovi, Jon's the only one with the record deal, the other guys are payed musicians, that doesn't mean it isn't still a sweet deal and they may wanna be there for the long run.

Motley Crue are Mick Mars and Nikki Sixx, but they get Tommy and Vince as payed musicians, and all of them are the image of Motley just like Bon Jovi.

So the being a payed musician doesn't mean much.

Robin doesn't own Gn'r's Name, so he's on a contract as well. granted it may differ from the NIN's Contract, we still don't know in what form. not is it our place to investigate that matter, because it is private.

P.S. and yes i'm aware that in NIN, in the Past the music was all created by Trent. but still, if he's happy, he's happy!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:54:54 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2917 on: June 26, 2008, 12:21:02 PM »

meanbone, I'm also gutted with the hostility towards robin from some of slash lovers.  and toward BH while he was in.
It's like they are dammed to be in and they are dammed to be out.

I'd say fuck off to those haters.

You can play better than robin? Then why you don't have fans like robin does?
GNr is not your band but theirs they do what they believe.
justwckd2
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2918 on: June 26, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »

With NIN, Robin plays Trent's material that he (robin) had zero part in creating.

With GNR, Robin plays GNR material that he helped create that will bring another generation of fans to what GNR has evolved to along with the classic songs that GNR fans love.

How can anyone say that as an artist, robin is better off in nin?  Huh

P.S.  my issues with Robin have nothing to do with him as an artist.  my objections are all about how he has chosen to handle this current  situation... and only because of that, I hope he's out of GNR.

In the past you would be correct however, since returning he has written on Ghosts and on the Slip.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2919 on: June 26, 2008, 12:56:37 PM »

did he really write on the slip?  Shocked and on ghost  my ass!
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: