Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 11:23:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748456 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2840 on: June 23, 2008, 10:46:51 AM »

Well according to 80% of the people in this thread which band is Robin still a member of......EXACTLY

You didn't answer my question.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2841 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »

I honestly believe it is news for both bands...considering the lead guitarist from Guns' N Roses is playing in Nine Inch Nails for a period of time, it brings light to both bands.  Robin has put the GNR name in the press more lately than Axl has, if you discount the leaked tracks a week ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2842 on: June 23, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »

I honestly believe it is news for both bands...considering the lead guitarist from Guns' N Roses is playing in Nine Inch Nails for a period of time, it brings light to both bands. 

The news that he's going on tour with NIN was posted ages ago.

There's not really anything new to report regarding that.

So if you want to discuss the NIN tour, use the NIN thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2843 on: June 23, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »

Again, I didn't want to discuss the NIN tour...I wanted to discuss Robin's playing. If we can discuss Bumblefoot's solo LP why can't we discuss Robin's playing?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2844 on: June 23, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »

Again, I didn't want to discuss the NIN tour...I wanted to discuss Robin's playing. If we can discuss Bumblefoot's solo LP why can't we discuss Robin's playing?

Playing in what band.

There is your answer.

Why do you have to keep going around in circles?

/jarmo

gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #2845 on: June 23, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »

He is playing in Nine Inch Nails...Bunmblefoot is playing in a solo band (hence band...there are other members, not names Dizzy, Axl, etc.) and Richard is playing w/The Furs this summer too...but we're allowed to talk about them just not Robin and NIN.  Everyday more and more, it seems that some people around here know more than others and that Robin really is OUT of GNR hence the gag-order on all things Robin/NIN related..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2846 on: June 23, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »

NIN is a bit more established than let's say Hookers N' Blow....

Maybe I'm the only one who's not really interested in reading about NIN news in the GN'R section.

But that's the decision I made and I'm sticking to it. No matter what a bunch of you think.

/jarmo

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2847 on: June 23, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »

NIN is a bit more established than let's say Hookers N' Blow....

Maybe I'm the only one who's not really interested in reading about NIN news in the GN'R section.

But that's the decision I made and I'm sticking to it. No matter what a bunch of you think.

/jarmo
maybe you could propose some topics to discuss then, since i dont see much we can talk about here, not the new music, not the robin situation etc.. what do you suggest we should discuss jarmo?

Here Today..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2848 on: June 23, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

maybe you could propose some topics to discuss then, since i dont see much we can talk about here, not the new music, not the robin situation etc.. what do you suggest we should discuss jarmo?

You can discuss the Robin situation all you want, isn't this 143 page thread proof enough?

That's 143 pages without him even playing a single show with NIN!

I only asked people who want to discuss another major band, with their own fan sites and web sites, to keep that discussion in the other bands section.

We don't deal with illegal downloads here.

/jarmo

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2849 on: June 23, 2008, 12:58:07 PM »

Not trying to kiss Jamro's ass or anything, but I don't want to read about NIN here either. I come her for GNR (and yes I do like NIN), but there are other places to discuss that band.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2850 on: June 23, 2008, 01:37:48 PM »

We need an official statement.

I don't know what's going on. I think that Robin is on GN'R but sometimes I think he's maybe not. I don't know.

And nobody comes and say anything: Only a "Guns N' Robin" that we don't understand and a "Robin is Robin".

Yeah...ok...the guy is in or out of the band?

The news that he's going on tour with NIN was posted ages ago.

/jarmo

Yes Jarmo but...is just for a tour?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:41:32 PM by Ulises » Logged

uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2851 on: June 23, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »

I don't know what's going on. I think that Robin is on GN'R but sometimes I think he's maybe not. I don't know.

And nobody comes and say anything: Only a "Guns N' Robin" that we don't understand and a "Robin is Robin".

Yeah...ok...the guy is in or out of the band?

There has been two official statements. One from each side:

NIN: Welcome back!

GNR: Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard. Really, Del James' private e-mail that someone took upon themselves to post publicly is the best way for us to address things at this time: "Only Robin knows what Robin's doing." Neither we nor management, etc., know any more in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time. Robin's Robin. We're in negotiations for the release of "Chinese Democracy" and things are going well. When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans. Our thanks to those who continue to show their support.

From this I see it that Robin is playing in NIN. Once Chinese Democracy is released, GNR (Axl) will contact Robin and see what the situation is. To be fair to Robin, he can't put is career on hold forever. He probably wants to just be out there doing it, before too much time passes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:54:20 PM by uk_shaun » Logged
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2852 on: June 23, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »

That's true and that's what I say. He's a musician, he likes to play and he want to do that. Guns N' Roses today don't need people who plays music, is all documents and negotiations now. But today I was watching the video of NIN and I watched him like "we lose him"

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #2853 on: June 23, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »

This is getting ridiculous, haven't we just about exhausted every option concerning Robin? Can't we move on to something different?

You know like the album? What we like about different members? Something else?
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2854 on: June 23, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »

2 guitarst... 1 guy having the option to play guitar(trent)

Axl calls Robin.. Robin comes back end of story.
Death Cube K
« Reply #2855 on: June 23, 2008, 03:59:09 PM »

Do you know what a contract is?
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2856 on: June 23, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »

they could have worked on that...

Rob under contract till september... guns tour from nov - into 09
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2857 on: June 23, 2008, 07:43:09 PM »

Playing in what band.

There is your answer.

Why do you have to keep going around in circles?

/jarmo

He makes a perfectly valid point. We are allowed to talk about Hookers N Blow, Richards stuff, Bfoot, etc but we arent allowed to talk about Robin, "GnR's Lead Guitarist", because its not some small bar band or band no one cares about? After all hes only "killing time"

Everyday more and more, it seems that some people around here know more than others and that Robin really is OUT of GNR hence the gag-order on all things Robin/NIN related..

Just read the posts that make it thru and just pay attention to what is not allowed to be talked about and you will be able to figure out the state of gnr. You have done a good job so far.

Besides youtube videos, axl pictures, bfoot solo stuff, hookers n blow tour dates, and speculating on what city GNR city should play in next what are you interested in reading/discussing regarding GNR? Just curious.

unfortuantely I will refer you to the sites slogan...."of all the gnr message boards on the internet, this is one"

GNr doesnt owe you anything, what kind of fan are you? Live your life

This is getting ridiculous, haven't we just about exhausted every option concerning Robin? Can't we move on to something different?

You know like the album? What we like about different members? Something else?
I know of 3 topics that we can talk about right now that would each have over 100 pages for each and would kill some time Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

If the world consisted of just prostitutes and beduoins we d all be happy. But like the saying goes you cant always get what you want. We are at a safe place. No windows, tvs, internet, phones, etc. We just have each other.

not a shot

Trent would not have brought back Robin if he thought Robin was going to bolt for Axl when he calls.
Plus Axl would have said that Robin is in the band and he will be back when he calls.

Just not happening

IMO, and from certain responses from people who would know, Robins departure came as a surprise. They wish him well but def didnt see it coming

IMO hes a goner. This whole thing lost a lil mojo when bucket left. But I rather not get into that because hey, we all need to move on. this is gnr. how dare we specuale or even discuss!

and Jarmo quick question. Im seriously not trying to be obnoxious with this...

being that they have already played Rhiad live a few times, why cant we discuss it like Better, CD, The Blues, TWAT, etc? Even CITR was "allowed" to be discussed and that wasnt play live or anything. Im jus wondering...not trying to be obnoxious

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:50:38 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2858 on: June 23, 2008, 08:08:02 PM »

It seems some people have it all figured out.  I don't understand why some people like to try and start trouble.  You know certain things are off limits on this board.  You know there are plenty of places to go to discuss those certain things.  So why bitch about it?  You've done it before, did that solve anything?  No, so live with it.  Go somewhere else to discuss such things.  And for the 1000th time, there is a thread for Nine Inch Nails on this board.  Discuss about Robin's role in NIN all you want THERE.  If you want to even the playing field for the rest of the band members then start up a Hookers and Blow thread, or whatever.  I just don't think they'll catch on quite like NIN.  Why is that so hard to understand?  I just don't get it.  Obviously you wanna stir some things up and get under certain peoples skin.  This thread has become pretty much unreadable at this point.  I used to follow it but the same things are being said and argued over and over.  Apparently it doesn't get old for some though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2859 on: June 23, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

and Jarmo quick question. Im seriously not trying to be obnoxious with this...

being that they have already played Rhiad live a few times, why cant we discuss it like Better, CD, The Blues, TWAT, etc? Even CITR was "allowed" to be discussed and that wasnt play live or anything. Im jus wondering...not trying to be obnoxious

I guess it's like you posted on another board, that I have no balls.  rofl

I (no, not somebody else) decided to try something else this time around based on previous experiences.

Last time we allowed certain discussions and it didn't work out as planned. Thanks to people posting links and requests. Even after being asked not to.

I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice, especially since the situation is the same.

You might not like it, but that's the decision I made and it seemed like the correct thing to do. Still does as a matter of fact.

We do not promote illegal leaks.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: