Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 09:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748358 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2720 on: June 16, 2008, 09:54:14 AM »

What does any of this have to do with whether Robin is leaving or not?

And there goes the challenger...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2721 on: June 16, 2008, 10:25:56 AM »

Nothing. Is just a discussion. If we only can write about if Robin is leaving or touring we can never have 137 pages....

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2722 on: June 16, 2008, 11:51:42 AM »

I guarantee u if Axl stuck with those guys, we wouldnt be on here today giving a shit about anything.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2723 on: June 16, 2008, 12:02:42 PM »

The band doesn't exist in the sense that nobody knows about them. The work done by the Appetite lineup is what brought them fame and made you and I fans of the band in the first place. Unless of course, you can claim that you were a fan of the original lineup including Tracii, Rob and Ole. Didn't think so.

If it were not for axl and the 'new' guys, it would be all history.

do you not realise some of us got into this band after 2002?
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2724 on: June 16, 2008, 12:54:52 PM »

The band doesn't exist in the sense that nobody knows about them. The work done by the Appetite lineup is what brought them fame and made you and I fans of the band in the first place. Unless of course, you can claim that you were a fan of the original lineup including Tracii, Rob and Ole. Didn't think so.

Yes. So? And?

Nobody denied that. Do you even read me?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2725 on: June 16, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »

Yes. So? And?

Nobody denied that. Do you even read me?

read you?  Huh I'm lost in translation or whatever....I give up.  hihi
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #2726 on: June 16, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »

gotta be a dick...

robin's done, trust me.

he's out. done gone, love it

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2727 on: June 16, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »

gotta be a dick...

robin's done, trust me.

he's out. done gone, love it

and what is your authority for stating that?  How could we trust a dick?  hihi
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2728 on: June 16, 2008, 01:57:47 PM »

read you?  Huh I'm lost in translation or whatever....I give up.  hihi

I was pretty clear...if you don't want to see the truth is your problem  hihi

Bye...read more about Guns N' Roses, there's so many things you don't know  Sad

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2729 on: June 16, 2008, 02:06:25 PM »

the truth is, ulises, that you misread/mistranslated my post that's all.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2730 on: June 16, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »

I think this is starting to become pretty boring, so just relax until there's some actual news.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2731 on: June 16, 2008, 02:47:31 PM »

is there news?
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2732 on: June 16, 2008, 02:51:37 PM »

I think this is starting to become pretty boring, so just relax until there's some actual news.

/jarmo

I agree

of course the reason for these irrelevant posts is the fact that there is never (regular) news from the gn'r camp...and to fight the boredom you have these bullshit posts from Gn'r forum members. Ironic. :-)
 peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2733 on: June 16, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »

I think the board benefits from threads like this where we can come and talk about the state of the band now.  Sometimes it gets off track, but it still adds value.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2734 on: June 16, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »

There are few bands who deliver returns for your devotion as sporadically as GNR. I really wonder if Axl is interested in playing the commanding role in popular music that is reserved for him or not.

You can't blame fans for questioning the info they receive when negotiations have supposedly been going on since Christmas, and we've yet to hear any confirmation from the label that they've even received the album, or further news from the band. Major political maneuvers have been negotiated faster amd more successfully than the release terms for this record.

Robin's failure to comment on his status in the band or his intentions just shows a complete 100% lack of respect for his fanbase. If anyone would like to reassure me with one possible reason why he is unable to comment on whether he is in the band. out of the band or unsure/undecided on his status in the band, I'd love to hear it.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2735 on: June 16, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »

There are few bands who deliver returns for your devotion as sporadically as GNR. I really wonder if Axl is interested in playing the commanding role in popular music that is reserved for him or not.

You can't blame fans for questioning the info they receive when negotiations have supposedly been going on since Christmas, and we've yet to hear any confirmation from the label that they've even received the album, or further news from the band. Major political maneuvers have been negotiated faster amd more successfully than the release terms for this record.

Robin's failure to comment on his status in the band or his intentions just shows a complete 100% lack of respect for his fanbase. If anyone would like to reassure me with one possible reason why he is unable to comment on whether he is in the band. out of the band or unsure/undecided on his status in the band, I'd love to hear it.

Actually, I can blame fans for questioning the info they receive when there is no logical reason to do so.  The band is working with the label to get the record released and with management on release and promotion strategies.  What more do you want to know?  A blow by blow update?  Is that really necessary or interesting?

Robin's lack of comment may be due to legal reasons or the lack of necessity for a comment.  Either way, he owes the band an explanation more than he owes us.  At this point, Robin's presence or lack thereof has no bearing on the release of the record.

Ali
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2736 on: June 16, 2008, 06:27:59 PM »

well this is only Supositions and asumptions cause nothing else can be done about it... but lets put 1+1
Negociation.. and Robin leaving (or not) maybe they are negociating how to deal with the part that corresponds to Robin on the CD, then thats why the negociations are taking longer and maybe thats why because of legal sittuations with Robins cut  and he or the band cant talk about it till something is agreed upon.
 hihi one thing is for sure I DONT KNOW
Or maybe they still think Mistery is what sells

Here Today..
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2737 on: June 16, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »

Actually, I can blame fans for questioning the info they receive when there is no logical reason to do so.  The band is working with the label to get the record released and with management on release and promotion strategies.  What more do you want to know?  A blow by blow update?  Is that really necessary or interesting?

Robin's lack of comment may be due to legal reasons or the lack of necessity for a comment.  Either way, he owes the band an explanation more than he owes us.  At this point, Robin's presence or lack thereof has no bearing on the release of the record.

Ali

Ok, 6 months with seemingly no progress is cool with you. After being told that the album was ready for mastering by Tommy in 2004 and the various other lies,  some of us are a little skeptical of these updates from the band and would like to see them reiterated by another source. The fact that the record label has made zero mention of receiving a completed version of one of the most highly anticipated records of all time gives some of us cause to question that info.

There is no way on this planet that Robin is legally prohibited from stating his intent as regards membership of a rock band. I would imagine the concern from fans would be 'necessity for a comment' if he was a decent guy.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2738 on: June 16, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »

The fact that the record label has made zero mention of receiving a completed version of one of the most highly anticipated records of all time gives some of us cause to question that info.

Maybe they haven't received anything?

Common sense tells me that if you're negotiating something, you wouldn't necessarily just hand over your work if you weren't in total agreement of what's gonna happen next.

But, keep talking about what people hoped and wished for in 2004. That's what you're best at.  ok

Never mind the fact that the album itself was finished in 2007 and not earlier.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2739 on: June 16, 2008, 07:53:08 PM »

Ali

Ok, 6 months with seemingly no progress is cool with you. After being told that the album was ready for mastering by Tommy in 2004 and the various other lies,  some of us are a little skeptical of these updates from the band and would like to see them reiterated by another source. The fact that the record label has made zero mention of receiving a completed version of one of the most highly anticipated records of all time gives some of us cause to question that info.

There is no way on this planet that Robin is legally prohibited from stating his intent as regards membership of a rock band. I would imagine the concern from fans would be 'necessity for a comment' if he was a decent guy.

Wrong.  Dead wrong.  It's not "6 months with seemingly no progress".  There has been progress made and we have been told so.  GN'R themselves have said that "things are going well" with regards to the negotiations surrounding the record's release.  Mysteron said the same things.  What more do you want?  And why would the label confirm having the completed album before all the outstanding issues regarding its release are resolved?  What sense would that make?

In regards to whether or not Robin can confirm or deny his departure before his contract is up, perhaps you should review some of the articles regarding his first departure and Buckethead's departure.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: