Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 09:43:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748351 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2700 on: June 13, 2008, 08:35:56 PM »

Jim Bob is the Police sending messages in a bottle.

I mean every breath u take, every step u take, everyone move u make every word u say about Robin, Jim Bob will be watching you.

at least he has a more fitting nickname now..

HAHAHAHA NICE!!!!!!

I think the reason most people are frustrated is because Robin goin on tour with NIN pretty much signals that we are no closer to getting CD.

U can rule out anything until NOV2008 and this is where the groundhogs day starts again

We have been goin round and round and round and round and round since 2002.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2701 on: June 13, 2008, 08:46:34 PM »

^ yeah I agree. I don't understand why people are upset, let the guy do whatever the fuck he wants until it's time to get going!
I don't think he's quit GN'R after putting 10-11 years of work into it..
but we're getting nowhere closer to an album release, and I can see how that's frustrating for lots of people (Rim Job seems more frustrated than anyone else, really).

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2702 on: June 13, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »

How do you know that their not close to releasing Chinese Democracy ? they could reach a deal tommorow or a month from now.  Axl and management are working there ass off getting this thing out and all everyone does is complain.  Just because robin is with NIN doesn't mean they can't release a album and have it sell for awhile then tour which seems the most logic.  What do I know though.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2703 on: June 13, 2008, 11:31:56 PM »

^ ...I guess what some of the worry-warts like me would say is, if an agreement was made and a release was imminent, don't ya think it would throw a fucking kink in the machinery if a featured band member isn't even with the band for promotional opportunities/obligations??? 

He is on tour with another band, and he apparently hasn't explained to the band or management what is up.  He definitely hasn't let his fans know what's up either.

Now, I'm not saying he's obligated to explain his every action to fans, but it's out there that the band itself doesn't even know.  I hope this situation isn't what it appears to be...Robin moving on.   Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2704 on: June 13, 2008, 11:52:05 PM »

Hey Michael, I usually don't bother with fights or being politically correct. However, it is deeply OFFENSIVE when you call someone a gimp. As a person with a disability, I have to fight every damn day stereotypes like that.  It gets me pissed off when I have to read about someone's ignorance. I hope the admins do something about this because it is something that should NOT be tolerated at all.   
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2705 on: June 14, 2008, 01:02:47 PM »

Hey Michael, I usually don't bother with fights or being politically correct. However, it is deeply OFFENSIVE when you call someone a gimp. As a person with a disability, I have to fight every damn day stereotypes like that.  It gets me pissed off when I have to read about someone's ignorance. I hope the admins do something about this because it is something that should NOT be tolerated at all.   

Sorry about that no offense intended. I have a number of friends from the UK, it comes up quite a bit and sometimes spills over into my American slang dictionary. Having also been called a slew of derogatory things throughout my life (both deserved and undeserved) I suppose I have built up an insensitvity to that sort of thing.

Either way my apologies.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2706 on: June 14, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »

I am wondering How long can Tommy stay....

He and Robin are the longest members since the new lineup..

and tommy and Axl already have had some fights... and I think(my opinion) just before the hammerstein show Tom was ready to bail....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2707 on: June 14, 2008, 03:22:50 PM »

and tommy and Axl already have had some fights... and I think(my opinion) just before the hammerstein show Tom was ready to bail....

I know what your saying but keep in mind that people will have fights, differences, arguments, etc over that long a period of time. So I dont think its that uncommon for that to happen.

it wouldnt shock me if he decided to leave one day but he told me a few months ago when he replied to me
....It's been a long and sometimes hard road, but i still believe in the record and this group of guys. Especially Axl.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2708 on: June 14, 2008, 03:32:55 PM »

That;s cool ok
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2709 on: June 14, 2008, 03:51:34 PM »

I know what your saying but keep in mind that people will have fights, differences, arguments, etc over that long a period of time. So I dont think its that uncommon for that to happen.

it wouldnt shock me if he decided to leave one day but he told me a few months ago when he replied to me
....It's been a long and sometimes hard road, but i still believe in the record and this group of guys. Especially Axl.....

That's very cool.  Thanks for sharing that Tommy quote.

Ali
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2710 on: June 14, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »

That's very cool.  Thanks for sharing that Tommy quote.

Ali

I'm glad Tommy believes in the record, but Tommy also apparently believed in the record being ready for mastering in 2004. 4 years later, here we all are, not knowing what's going on with the album or who's in or out of the band.

Ouroboros would be a great alternate title for this album.

And there goes the challenger...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2711 on: June 15, 2008, 12:47:25 AM »

I'm of the opinion this is the 3rd time at bat for the record.  Believe there is more shit that has gone down here then we will ever know.  And if it wasn't for our constant babbling some folks might have thrown in the towel a long time ago.  Not sure if we pissed them off or they thought it was support.  Probably both although it might have felt like bitching most of the time.

But that Men In Black line comes to mind, "imagin what you will know tomorrow".  God's speed GNR.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2712 on: June 15, 2008, 07:23:30 AM »

He and Robin are the longest members on Guns N' Roses history...

Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2713 on: June 15, 2008, 07:47:23 AM »

He and Robin are the longest members on Guns N' Roses history...

You forgot Dizzy.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2714 on: June 15, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »

But he was talking about Tommy and Robin.

Gnrjanus said "new lineup" but ok...well, i guess you're right, Guns N' Roses was founded by Axl and Izzy and Guns N' Roses originally was Axl, Izzy, Tracii, Rob and Ole so...Slash, Duff, Steven, Gilby, Dizzy, etc. are "new line up" too...so...you're right, I forgot Dizzy

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2715 on: June 16, 2008, 01:12:24 AM »

Gnrjanus said "new lineup" but ok...well, i guess you're right, Guns N' Roses was founded by Axl and Izzy and Guns N' Roses originally was Axl, Izzy, Tracii, Rob and Ole so...Slash, Duff, Steven, Gilby, Dizzy, etc. are "new line up" too...so...you're right, I forgot Dizzy

Let's not get technical. The lineup that is widely accepted as the original Guns lineup is the one that put out Appetite: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2716 on: June 16, 2008, 07:36:57 AM »

Let's not get technical. The lineup that is widely accepted as the original Guns lineup is the one that put out Appetite: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven.

I'm not getting technical, I said the truth. I think that people have to learn to face the reality...I don't care what is widely accepted . History and facts show something different.

A band doesn't exists since an album, a band exists since play music together... With that "widely accepted" position I could say then that if you have band and you don't launch any record your band doesn't exists. I don't think so... A band doesn't exists since the launch of an album.

Duff, Steven and Slash are not original members, Duff, Steven and Slash are not founders of Guns N' Roses, Duff, Steven and Slash are replacements. Is not technicality, is a provable truth. Obviously Duff, Steven, Slash helped to make huge to Guns N' Roses...i don't deny it, obviously Duff, Steven and Slash wrote the things that we hear and like but that isn't a reason to deny that they aren't original and founders members...

If people use "new line-up" to reffer Robin, Chris, Tommy, etc. then use "new" to reffer the 86's line-up and the 91's line-up.

Stop with that shit of "new"...is all Guns N' Roses.

Maybe you wondering why i have this position...i have this position because i'm tired to see "New Guns N' Roses" everywhere. Why you call that way? Nobody called "New" when Matt, Gilby and Dizzy came into the band...  What? Is "new" for the fact that Slash is not in the band anymore? That's shit.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:43:06 AM by Ulises » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2717 on: June 16, 2008, 07:48:44 AM »

yeah and their contributions to the gnr catalogue are recklesslife and anything goes....two solid singles to be sure...even those were actually hollywood rose tunes which was without ole and tracy

ole played like 2 shows before quitting
Rob played 3
and traciii played maybe 6

tracii even admitted that he had no hand in writing any of the material that appeared on appetite

the orig gnr you are talking about is pretty inconsequential

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2718 on: June 16, 2008, 07:57:34 AM »

I don't care what is widely accepted .

Tough luck.

With that "widely accepted" position I could say then that if you have band and you don't launch any record your band doesn't exists.

True. The band doesn't exist in the sense that nobody knows about them. The work done by the Appetite lineup is what brought them fame and made you and I fans of the band in the first place. Unless of course, you can claim that you were a fan of the original lineup including Tracii, Rob and Ole. Didn't think so.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2719 on: June 16, 2008, 08:08:17 AM »

I don't say that those guys wrote any material to Guns N' Roses, I don't say that those guys made a lot of shows around the world, I don't say that those guys made more than Steven, Slash and Duff... I just say that those guys played in a band called "Guns N' Roses" before Slash, Steven and Duff. What's wrong with that? Slash, Steven and Duff aren't original members, Slash, Steven and Duff didn't play since the first time on Guns N' Roses. Is not a big deal.

tracii even admitted that he had no hand in writing any of the material that appeared on appetite

Yes...so? If you read me i never said that Tracii wrote material of Appetite...I just say that Tracii was in the band before Slash -look pic if you have doubts-

yeah and their contributions...

Contributions and being original are two different things. Is someone here talking about contribution? Not me.

ole played like 2 shows before quitting
Rob played 3
and traciii played maybe 6

Yes...before Slash, Steven and Duff came in.

is what brought them fame and made you and I fans of the band in the first place

Yes Genesis. Technically i falled in love with UYI band because i'm a fan since 1992 but yes, I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses and the Guns N' Roses who took the world was AFD line-up. But I don't think that fame is what make exists a band, for example, you have a band, you play together for 5 years and you have fame in the fifth year...what? the five years you played doesn't was a band because you didn't have fame? If you think that a band exists since the band have fame you have a wrong vision, IMHO.

Is not a big deal...I love AFD line-up, I love UYI line-up, I love Chinese line-up but i'm not blind...I know that before AFD line-up there was a band (that nobody know) and they, like it or not, was the originals...

All I try to say is that we have to stop using "new" because the band we loved is a "new" band too and nobody called that way. I lost my point with this discussion...I just tried to show that Slash, Steven and Duff are new members but nobody call that way. But when you talk about Robin or Richard they are NEW members and people sometimes use "new" in a pejorative sense...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:13:12 AM by Ulises » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: