Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 09:44:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747622 times)
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2680 on: June 12, 2008, 07:36:31 PM »

they'll buy cd as soon as they find there're at least a few songs the like on it and go see the shows and never think the band owes them. GNR is not a cult band but has tons of causal fans. deal with it.

i've no idea what i'm supposed to "deal" with? i'm not bashing GnR. I stated a likely scenario for the non-die hard fan who has no idea what a mysteron is, and thinks a merck was the old german currency.

Soooooo tiring on the board right now trying to explain to defensive people that an opinion is personal
so true why you took it personal? did I say you bashed anything?

most of them don't remember who slash was who izzy was well either. that doesn't mean we are more important than them.

i was aksed to to "deal with it", and dutifully "dealt with" the tinly veiled swipe in which you believed that i was a "axl owes me ", also didn't say that GnR was a cult band.

In fact, i've no idea what the fuck you're on about.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #2681 on: June 12, 2008, 07:51:21 PM »

most of them don't remember who slash was who izzy was well either. that doesn't mean we are more important than them.

Izzy perhaps, but even non fans know who Slash is.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2682 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »

I'm still pretty well convinced that Robin's involvment with NIN is done with the blessing of the GnR camp, because it brings some level of publicity to GnR to have a current, working member of NIN in the band given Axl's flirtings with industrial and techo elements in some of the recent GnR material.
I dont think the band hates Robin but they sure as hell didnt give him any blessings. That is wishful thinking my friend.

Do you honestly think Axl is happy with this move? Especially when he is on the verge of releasing the album and after all the positive DR Pepper press? Not a shot. In fact I would wager that Axl was hurt by the news. Not to mention probably confused.

Robin bolting for NIN does not help GNRs image in anyway. In fact it hurts the image. It gives more ammo to the people who say this is a band of hired guns.

But until there is an announcement that says 'Robin is out' my theory definitely has legs.
Its one of the worst theories in this thread. It even beats my Jarmo edited my post theory!

The fact that there is no announcement should tell you that he is gone. Axl is doing the right thing by leaving the door open for Robin. Hes hoping that Robin comes back but the writing is on the wall. Its highly unlikely that Robin told Trent that when Axl calls he will leave the NIN tour. Im 99% sure that Trent wouldnt be cool with that. And all Robin has to do is say hes still with GNR. But he hasnt.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:29:37 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2683 on: June 12, 2008, 08:26:56 PM »

^^^

its a big ,IF, that we get a free Dr Pepper. I really hope i'm drinking one before the end of 2008. I was positive for a long time, but it seems there are so many complications we know nothing about, and the band can't/ won't share with the fans. Thats my pnly explanation for the lack of info on anything

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2684 on: June 13, 2008, 01:00:15 AM »

I love Axl and the music he created in GNR.  I love Slash and the music he created in GNR.  Like 99.9999999% of all hardcore GNR fans.
And this is what you get with a new band, that GunsN'Roses is.

Robin comes from an entirely diferent band than old gnr, and there will obviously be old fans that likes x better than y.
IE, Slash can't be better than Robin and vice versa. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2685 on: June 13, 2008, 02:15:05 AM »

Well im going to see NIN in seattle, i'll wait outside and ask him if he's still in GnR and he's probaly gonna laugh at me.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2686 on: June 13, 2008, 02:26:10 AM »

Since when does a guy with -3 karma tell me what to write about here?  I am perfectly entitled to the opinion that insulting Slash and insinuating that Robin is a better guitarist is a bit over the top. 

I love Axl and the music he created in GNR.  I love Slash and the music he created in GNR.  Like 99.9999999% of all hardcore GNR fans.
read the descriptions for the sections genius.

this section:
Guns N' Roses
Everything GN'R related, including discussions about present members.

that section:
Ex-Gunners
Section dedicated to the ex-Gunners.

if you were supposed to write your love poems to slash in this board, the ex-members section wouldn't need to exist.  Jarmo said it is there so we can discuss what the former guys are doing, but they have jack shit to do with the band now.

i'm fucking sick of hearing about Slash.  I'm sick of you guys disrespecting the band members.
ben9785
« Reply #2687 on: June 13, 2008, 03:00:26 AM »

Well im going to see NIN in seattle, i'll wait outside and ask him if he's still in GnR and he's probaly gonna laugh at me.

Yeah please do that, and if you get lucky let us know if he comments.
He might still be a bit touchy about the subject though depending whats going on under the surface.
You could just let him know you appreciate what he's done in GNR and let him know how disappointed many fans will be if he doesn't return to GNR
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2688 on: June 13, 2008, 03:01:46 AM »

Since when does a guy with -3 karma tell me what to write about here?  I am perfectly entitled to the opinion that insulting Slash and insinuating that Robin is a better guitarist is a bit over the top. 

this section:
Guns N' Roses

that section:
Ex-Gunners

if you were supposed to write your love poems to slash in this board, the ex-members section wouldn't need to exist.  Jarmo said it is there so we can discuss what the former guys are doing, but they have jack shit to do with the band now.

i'm fucking sick of hearing about Slash.  I'm sick of you guys disrespecting the band members.

You're such a mod wannabe.  Kiss

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2689 on: June 13, 2008, 03:21:05 AM »

this section:
Guns N' Roses

that section:
Ex-Gunners

not really, i'm just a member of the board who is tired of the same people constantly criticizing those of us who happen to have the opinion that they prefer the guys in the band now.   its fucking ridiculous.   
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2690 on: June 13, 2008, 03:43:48 AM »

I'm sick of you guys disrespecting the band members.

Ya know JB, disrespecting GnR is disrespecting the band, and to me, that includes ALL former members. Maybe, to some some that were born in the 80s', anything after 92 don't mean shit, but to me, it does.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2691 on: June 13, 2008, 08:28:52 AM »

has this thread got anything to do with "robin leaving, just touring" anymore?
or is it just a free for all to bash everyone else?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2692 on: June 13, 2008, 08:50:51 AM »

I'm still pretty well convinced that Robin's involvment with NIN is done with the blessing of the GnR camp, because it brings some level of publicity to GnR to have a current, working member of NIN in the band given Axl's flirtings with industrial and techo elements in some of the recent GnR material.
I dont think the band hates Robin but they sure as hell didnt give him any blessings. That is wishful thinking my friend.

Do you honestly think Axl is happy with this move? Especially when he is on the verge of releasing the album and after all the positive DR Pepper press? Not a shot. In fact I would wager that Axl was hurt by the news. Not to mention probably confused.

Robin bolting for NIN does not help GNRs image in anyway. In fact it hurts the image. It gives more ammo to the people who say this is a band of hired guns.

But until there is an announcement that says 'Robin is out' my theory definitely has legs.
Its one of the worst theories in this thread. It even beats my Jarmo edited my post theory!

The fact that there is no announcement should tell you that he is gone. Axl is doing the right thing by leaving the door open for Robin. Hes hoping that Robin comes back but the writing is on the wall. Its highly unlikely that Robin told Trent that when Axl calls he will leave the NIN tour. Im 99% sure that Trent wouldnt be cool with that. And all Robin has to do is say hes still with GNR. But he hasnt.

Well I appreciate you calling bullshit on my post, basically calling it wrong, and writing it off as conjecture, then responding with a load of conjecture and bullshit of your own to prove me wrong. Well done sir.

But hey, while we're playing childish games...

1) You have no more authority than I do to comment on who is happy about what in the GnR camp, so we can agree to disagree. I'm not entirely sure what the Dr. Pepper press has to do with anything. I think if that was the best press I could drum up over the last year and I was in GnR I'd be a little worried.

If Robin can work out a situation where he can be in both bands, then of course that's good for GnR. Like it or not NIN is far and away more relevant and press worthy at the moment, and it only helps GnR to have its members in other high profile projects during their frequent extended periods of inactivity.

2) The fact that there is  no announcement only proves that we have no way of knowing what the situation is. I'm not entirely sure how you are so confident as to how everyone involved feels about it, so I will go ahead and file your "theories" into the same bullshit bin you seem to have chucked mine into. GnR/Robin/NIN may not be saying anything because there may be nothing to talk about. NIN tour ends, GnR tour starts, Robin is there for both, everyone wins.

3) You sir, are a fucking gimp.  Kiss
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2693 on: June 13, 2008, 11:31:50 AM »

I don't think it had the blessing in april as GNR is honest unfortunately. but unsurprisingly I like your way of thinking, michaelvincent.  ok Yep, this can be a blessing in disguise in the end.

Richard says Robin is a GNR member he hangs out with the most in a interview after april 4.
Ron doesn't allow any bitching about robin in his board.

If robin meant to leave GNR, he would say so. What would stop him? trent?

i was aksed to to "deal with it", and dutifully "dealt with" the tinly veiled swipe in which you believed that i was a "axl owes me ", also didn't say that GnR was a cult band.

In fact, i've no idea what the fuck you're on about.

I have no fucking I dea wtf you're getting at. I didn't ask you personally anything. In fact I wasn't replying to you originally. look at my original post I didn't even quote you.
I was just talking about casual fans.

If it doesn't apply to you, you shouldn't think it's aimed at you.

Izzy perhaps, but even non fans know who Slash is.

prolly if they have a friend who talks GNR non stop or they play rock guitar. And they think he's still in GNR?
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2694 on: June 13, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »

this section:
Guns N' Roses

that section:
Ex-Gunners

not really, i'm just a member of the board who is tired of the same people constantly criticizing those of us who happen to have the opinion that they prefer the guys in the band now.   its fucking ridiculous.   
you are a hypocrit, you were the one who asked who cared about slash, all i did was say i did, and you went off thinking youare jarmo and telling me where to p?st and where not to, when you have no clue who i am , or what i think.
Scroll back and read, tell me where i said anythign at all bad about the new band members.. READ and THINK before you start trhowing crap.
Cause as you are sick of people talking about this and that im sick of people like you who think they have a right to say BS about any former member or people who like them.
I didnt bring up Slash in this conversation YOU DID.

Here Today..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2695 on: June 13, 2008, 12:01:03 PM »

i asked who cared about slash because people won't shut up about him in this topic.   read the fucking posts man.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2696 on: June 13, 2008, 12:34:34 PM »

i asked who cared about slash because people won't shut up about him in this topic.   read the fucking posts man.
I can understand your frustation, all im saying is you cant directed to someone who hasnt bashed the new band or even compared them to the new band, just because they care about Slash, there is nowhere where it says you cant like both and respect them both.
 peace /peace

Here Today..
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2697 on: June 13, 2008, 05:14:50 PM »

this section:
Guns N' Roses

that section:
Ex-Gunners

Wow, you ARE the police.  Love poems?  Nice man.

That highlighted part above is one of the funniest things I've read in a while.  I am not shitting you when I laughed out loud. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2698 on: June 13, 2008, 08:16:40 PM »

Jim Bob is the Police sending messages in a bottle.

I mean every breath u take, every step u take, everyone move u make every word u say about Robin, Jim Bob will be watching you.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2699 on: June 13, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »

Jim Bob is the Police sending messages in a bottle.

I mean every breath u take, every step u take, everyone move u make every word u say about Robin, Jim Bob will be watching you.

at least he has a more fitting nickname now..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: