Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 10:24:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747652 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2660 on: June 12, 2008, 02:49:37 AM »

A little sad it's no real clearance in this matter yet, or is it?
Also I have stated in a thousand posts that Chinese Democracy CAN be better than Appetite.
How you figure? Tongue
By the way you like the music, by it's comercial success?

I think the days of albums getting a historical significance as AFD got is over.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2661 on: June 12, 2008, 04:52:02 AM »

I guess what pisses me off with this is, robin seems like a chick stuck in a love triangle between two suitors and instead of choosing one, he kind of has his cake and eats it too *never understood this sayin, it makes no fuckin sense* but anyhow, he will stay with NIN for 10 years if Axl never releases CD but if Axl is ready, he is gonna leave Trent hanging mid tour to rejoin GNR?

thats not fair to Axl, Trent, NIN fans or GNR fans.

its not like Dizzy or whoever doing a fun side project club kind of band cause they can nix that at anytime at Axl's wish and rejoin GNR.

with NIN, Robin will be locked into to that and say Axl is ready next week to do something, Robin won't leave the NIN tour so Axl will be put on hold and the album cant be released till something is worked out.

So if robin is gone, does that delay CD even more as Axl may replace his parts?

its just a never ending saga that is getting outlandishly ridiculous.

Wouldn't you think Robin has an agreement with trent concerning this spesific issue? It must have come up at some point when the first started talking about Robin rejoining NIN....

U think Trent is gonna let someone back into the band that plans on leaving in 3 months? U are right, i think they do have an agreement and its basically u are the guitar player for NIN.

Trent has a HUGE tour and is in the midst of doing big things. he isnt gonna get a guitar player who is not 100 percent fully committed. read trent's statement. this is the best lineup of NIN and we plan on keeping this one for the foreseeable future. That doesnt sound like Robin doing a side gig while waiting on Axl.

The biggest argument most of us have had on here is about Guns N Roses and what it is exactly.

So if Axl replaces Robin, u will have:

1 member of the original GNR Axl
1 member of the 2nd lineup Dizzy
2 members of the RIR3 lineup Chris and tommy
3 new members since 2006

GNR are in my opinion are becoming too much of a revolving door. For them to carry on the legacy of GNR, there has to be some consistency and not new members everytime a tour starts.

before its over GNR will have encompassed over 20 members in one band.

Ok, but i seriousely doubht that Robin would have joined NIN if GN'R were to tour in three months. Which they most defiinetly are not. I really really doubht they'll tour any time before the sommer of 09 at the earliest.

Even if the record drops this year, there's no need for Robin.

Has EVER given a gn'r related interview in the first place? He might have, i just don't remember any... If he tours with NIN for a year, he can still be back with gn'r in plenty of time before they tour again...

U are missing my point Erose

robin is the LEAD GUITAR player for Guns N Roses. The most famous thing in music is the frontman/lead guitar combo and robin is the lead guitar player.

This is SUPPOSE to be a band right?

we are suppose to support Guns  N Roses, not Axl Rose.

So its only fitting and customary that the BAND give interviews,take photos do press etc so the public can learn who they are.

If its all Axl then it isnt Guns N Roses its just Axl Rose.

I think i see your point, i just don't think your vision about the release is how it's going to be.

I think and consider Chinese Democracy as Axl's bonanza. Sure Robin, and all the others, have contributed, but this is Axl's master piece. If and when the album drops it'll be AXl who does the press. At least in the beginning. I very much doubht that he'll let Robin or any other member past or present do that. Simply because i think the first type of press will be Axl explaining his vision, why things have taken so long, maybe a little about the recording process, picking musicians etc. Not so much taking group photos in a junk yard with whiskey bottles and shit like that.

I think there'll be more of that stuff once the band get on tour again... Or maybe not he he. Anyway.

This is just my opinion and how i see it and how i see robin. I don't see him as the LEAD GUITARIST anyway. I mean i was watching Richard alot more during the six shows i saw in 06 anyway he he, same with bumble. All i remember from Robin was that he kept stomping on his wah pedal and thought it was on while it wasn't he he. You should have seen his face when he went to stomp it off again and it was allready off. I think he missed a chord or two after that....

Again, no poon against Robin, tvert imot, but i just don't see the problem here. GN'R is sleeping... Robin is not... No need for an anounsement on that, Much more important to know whats happening with the album if anything... IMO
 peace

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2662 on: June 12, 2008, 09:33:04 AM »

shut up about slash, who gives a fuck about him

Did Slash steal your girlfriend from you or something?  You get rude with people every time his name comes up!  I'm just sayin . . . 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2663 on: June 12, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »

Did Slash steal your girlfriend from you or something?  You get rude with people every time his name comes up!  I'm just sayin . . . 

Jim Bob IS in Vegas.......... just sayin...... maybe Slash stole a girl he was crushin on or something...........

I just feel Axl should take band members with him when he does press just to introduce the whole wide world to the new band.

i know its hard for us hard core fans to believe, but THERE ARE people who still have no clue that Slash and CO arent in GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2664 on: June 12, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »

i know its hard for us hard core fans to believe, but THERE ARE people who still have no clue that Slash and CO arent in GNR.
I always found this argument stupid because those same people obviously have no clue what the ex-gunners have been up to for more than a decade neither.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2665 on: June 12, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »

as if the people who still have no clue that Slash and CO arent in GNR were giving a fuck about slash and co.  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2666 on: June 12, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »

Gypsy u realize there are only about 10,000 or so Hardcore GNR net members right?

there are tons who are CASUAL fans.

Fuck I saw Skid row in 2000 opening for Kiss and I had no idea Sebastian was no longer in the band.

the whole time I thought he just gained some weight.

So dont scoff at the idea that there are people who have no clue that Slash and CO are no longer in the band

Over at a BonJovi forum, a woman had tickets for a UK show and she had no idea.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2667 on: June 12, 2008, 12:20:08 PM »

i agree, there are a lot of casual fans out there ho think GnR broke up and the bands members faded into the ether.

the comment on Robin being a good "technical" guitar player, is absolutely laughable.

there are hundreds, no, thousands of guitarists, professional, amateur and beginer who play better than robin "technically".

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2668 on: June 12, 2008, 12:25:16 PM »

casual music fans don't care who are in a band. They care whether they like the music /the performances the most.
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #2669 on: June 12, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »

casual music fans don't care who are in a band. They care whether they like the music /the performances the most.

exactly my point. casual fans dont care who is in the band, the dont care enough enough to post on a message board, the dont care enough to look at fan sites on the net. Its prefectly reasonable for the CASUAL fan to think the the GnR that played and toured last year were the GnR they knoew way back when, and who could blame them, all the radio adverts i heard for the shows in the uk had appetite songs playing in the background

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2670 on: June 12, 2008, 12:43:27 PM »

they'll buy cd as soon as they find there're at least a few songs the like on it and go see the shows and never think the band owes them. GNR is not a cult band but has tons of causal fans. deal with it.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2671 on: June 12, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »

i do

thats nice, i invite you to follow this link and stay there if thats all you care to talk about
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=12.0
Excuse me .. who the hell died and made you Darth Vader?
Did i say thats all i care about,  If you cant Deal with the Fact that people still apreciate Slash and his Guitar playing in a GNR Roses Forum then you  are really ignorant . I am here Cause i like aswell Axl and his GNR incarnation and the new music, Where does it Say I cant like both?
You asked a quesiton and i answered it.
Now if this is what this forum is about, letting the ingorant baboons like you diss people for who they like or their comments then i might just not come here at all

Here Today..
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2672 on: June 12, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »

Gypsy u realize there are only about 10,000 or so Hardcore GNR net members right?

So dont scoff at the idea that there are people who have no clue that Slash and CO are no longer in the band
What possible excuse could even a "casual" GNR fan give for not knowing that Slash is no longer in the band??  Roll Eyes

They can't use the excuse "I didn't get the memo" cause it had to be one of ... if not THE most famous memos in rock history!!!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2673 on: June 12, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »

What possible excuse could even a "casual" GNR fan give for not knowing that Slash is no longer in the band??  Roll Eyes

They can't use the excuse "I didn't get the memo" cause it had to be one of ... if not THE most famous memos in rock history!!!  hihi

Fan Casual Says:

" AXL IS GNR "

beer ok beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #2674 on: June 12, 2008, 02:48:50 PM »

they'll buy cd as soon as they find there're at least a few songs the like on it and go see the shows and never think the band owes them. GNR is not a cult band but has tons of causal fans. deal with it.

i've no idea what i'm supposed to "deal" with? i'm not bashing GnR. I stated a likely scenario for the non-die hard fan who has no idea what a mysteron is, and thinks a merck was the old german currency.

Soooooo tiring on the board right now trying to explain to defensive people that an opinion is personal

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2675 on: June 12, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »

If radio still exists when CD is released, people who dont know much about GNR will hear Axl singing and think its the GNR they've always known.

I got to thinking about this today though, and I dont guess they have to do interviews. I mean Bon Jovi's Drummer and Keyboard player dont do press or radio, but it would be good for Axl to take one of them along just to introduce them to the world.

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2676 on: June 12, 2008, 05:10:25 PM »

i do

thats nice, i invite you to follow this link and stay there if thats all you care to talk about
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=12.0

Since when does a guy with -3 karma tell me what to write about here?  I am perfectly entitled to the opinion that insulting Slash and insinuating that Robin is a better guitarist is a bit over the top. 

I love Axl and the music he created in GNR.  I love Slash and the music he created in GNR.  Like 99.9999999% of all hardcore GNR fans.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2677 on: June 12, 2008, 05:34:42 PM »

If radio still exists when CD is released, people who dont know much about GNR will hear Axl singing and think its the GNR they've always known.

I got to thinking about this today though, and I dont guess they have to do interviews. I mean Bon Jovi's Drummer and Keyboard player dont do press or radio, but it would be good for Axl to take one of them along just to introduce them to the world.

I'd be delighted if Axl himself did any press.  Let's get Axl involved in press before we talk about the others.  The band will be what it has been the last 10 years with or without Robin.  I think he's gone, but the door is left open.  But I also think it isn't the end of the world if he is gone.  He ranks at least fourth in line of the great guitarists that have left GNR and they have survived each one so far.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2678 on: June 12, 2008, 06:09:57 PM »

i've no idea what i'm supposed to "deal" with? i'm not bashing GnR. I stated a likely scenario for the non-die hard fan who has no idea what a mysteron is, and thinks a merck was the old german currency.

Soooooo tiring on the board right now trying to explain to defensive people that an opinion is personal
so true why you took it personal? did I say you bashed anything?

most of them don't remember who slash was who izzy was well either. that doesn't mean we are more important than them.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2679 on: June 12, 2008, 07:27:57 PM »

I'm still pretty well convinced that Robin's involvment with NIN is done with the blessing of the GnR camp, because it brings some level of publicity to GnR to have a current, working member of NIN in the band given Axl's flirtings with industrial and techo elements in some of the recent GnR material. For those who aren't hardcore followers of Guns it suddenly becomes a much easier pill to swallow when they are suddenly greeted with a "Silkworms" or "Oh My God" kind of tune. They think 'well, the guy from NIN is playing with GnR now, that explains the techno-y stuff....' The general opinion of 'Oh My God' when it first came out was 'what the hell? this is GnR?' because no one had heard ANYTHING from Axl or Guns in ages and suddenly there was this very non-GnR style track out there.

I dunno, food for thought. But until there is an announcement that says 'Robin is out' my theory definitely has legs.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: