Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 10:59:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747674 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2620 on: June 10, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »

Ok but...Robin is still on Guns N' Roses or not

You are 100% correct, he is or he isn't.

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2621 on: June 10, 2008, 05:53:58 PM »

Grin

My english sucks!!!!

I was asking  Grin

But is ok...I think nobody here have the answer.

I mean, I think Robin is still a part of the band (he's doing some shows like Richard or BBF) but no official confirmation about his situation and his situation is a little more complicated than the other members'

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #2622 on: June 10, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »

Grin

My english sucks!!!!

I was asking  Grin

But is ok...I think nobody here have the answer.

I mean, I think Robin is still a part of the band (he's doing some shows like Richard or BBF) but no official confirmation about his situation and his situation is a little more complicated than the other members'

Personally, I would consider him still in the band until you hear something definitive otherwise...

Some are assuming the worst (which at some level is understandable)... but I don't think there's anything "definite" about it just yet...  ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2623 on: June 11, 2008, 04:24:37 AM »

I guess what pisses me off with this is, robin seems like a chick stuck in a love triangle between two suitors and instead of choosing one, he kind of has his cake and eats it too *never understood this sayin, it makes no fuckin sense* but anyhow, he will stay with NIN for 10 years if Axl never releases CD but if Axl is ready, he is gonna leave Trent hanging mid tour to rejoin GNR?

thats not fair to Axl, Trent, NIN fans or GNR fans.

its not like Dizzy or whoever doing a fun side project club kind of band cause they can nix that at anytime at Axl's wish and rejoin GNR.

with NIN, Robin will be locked into to that and say Axl is ready next week to do something, Robin won't leave the NIN tour so Axl will be put on hold and the album cant be released till something is worked out.

So if robin is gone, does that delay CD even more as Axl may replace his parts?

its just a never ending saga that is getting outlandishly ridiculous.

Wouldn't you think Robin has an agreement with trent concerning this spesific issue? It must have come up at some point when the first started talking about Robin rejoining NIN....

U think Trent is gonna let someone back into the band that plans on leaving in 3 months? U are right, i think they do have an agreement and its basically u are the guitar player for NIN.

Trent has a HUGE tour and is in the midst of doing big things. he isnt gonna get a guitar player who is not 100 percent fully committed. read trent's statement. this is the best lineup of NIN and we plan on keeping this one for the foreseeable future. That doesnt sound like Robin doing a side gig while waiting on Axl.

The biggest argument most of us have had on here is about Guns N Roses and what it is exactly.

So if Axl replaces Robin, u will have:

1 member of the original GNR Axl
1 member of the 2nd lineup Dizzy
2 members of the RIR3 lineup Chris and tommy
3 new members since 2006

GNR are in my opinion are becoming too much of a revolving door. For them to carry on the legacy of GNR, there has to be some consistency and not new members everytime a tour starts.

before its over GNR will have encompassed over 20 members in one band.

Ok, but i seriousely doubht that Robin would have joined NIN if GN'R were to tour in three months. Which they most defiinetly are not. I really really doubht they'll tour any time before the sommer of 09 at the earliest.

Even if the record drops this year, there's no need for Robin.

Has EVER given a gn'r related interview in the first place? He might have, i just don't remember any... If he tours with NIN for a year, he can still be back with gn'r in plenty of time before they tour again...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2624 on: June 11, 2008, 09:55:01 AM »

I just find it really disappointing that Robin hasn't come out and said:

a. he's still in GNR
b. he's out of GNR
c. he's undecided on his status in GNR

I thought he had higher regard for both his fans and his bandmates than to disregard them like this.

And there goes the challenger...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2625 on: June 11, 2008, 10:45:12 AM »

Robin Still In GUNS N' ROSES...

In November, 7th 2008 All Says:

" Welcome Back R obi' n "

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GeraldFord
« Reply #2626 on: June 11, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »

beer

HBK *

Where do you see this?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2627 on: June 11, 2008, 11:04:43 AM »

beer

HBK *

I don't care if English isn't your #1 speaking language - but - when you post on a 99.7% english speaking forum TRY to make sense!! Jesus. What kind of speculation was that you just posted?

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2628 on: June 11, 2008, 11:19:37 AM »

beer

HBK *

Where do you see this?

In My Opinion & GNR Web, ROBIN Not Quit Of GNR.

Ok ?

Grettings.

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2629 on: June 11, 2008, 11:21:36 AM »

beer

HBK *

I don't care if English isn't your #1 speaking language - but - when you post on a 99.7% english speaking forum TRY to make sense!! Jesus. What kind of speculation was that you just posted?

Robin NOT Quit Of GNR...

You Understand?

- GUNS N' ROBIN -

ok

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2630 on: June 11, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »

beer

HBK *

Where do you see this?

In My Opinion & GNR Web, ROBIN Not Quit Of GNR.

Ok ?

Grettings.

HBK *
do you have a link to where it says that other than your heaD?

Here Today..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2631 on: June 11, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

I guess what pisses me off with this is, robin seems like a chick stuck in a love triangle between two suitors and instead of choosing one, he kind of has his cake and eats it too *never understood this sayin, it makes no fuckin sense* but anyhow, he will stay with NIN for 10 years if Axl never releases CD but if Axl is ready, he is gonna leave Trent hanging mid tour to rejoin GNR?

thats not fair to Axl, Trent, NIN fans or GNR fans.

its not like Dizzy or whoever doing a fun side project club kind of band cause they can nix that at anytime at Axl's wish and rejoin GNR.

with NIN, Robin will be locked into to that and say Axl is ready next week to do something, Robin won't leave the NIN tour so Axl will be put on hold and the album cant be released till something is worked out.

So if robin is gone, does that delay CD even more as Axl may replace his parts?

its just a never ending saga that is getting outlandishly ridiculous.

Wouldn't you think Robin has an agreement with trent concerning this spesific issue? It must have come up at some point when the first started talking about Robin rejoining NIN....

U think Trent is gonna let someone back into the band that plans on leaving in 3 months? U are right, i think they do have an agreement and its basically u are the guitar player for NIN.

Trent has a HUGE tour and is in the midst of doing big things. he isnt gonna get a guitar player who is not 100 percent fully committed. read trent's statement. this is the best lineup of NIN and we plan on keeping this one for the foreseeable future. That doesnt sound like Robin doing a side gig while waiting on Axl.

The biggest argument most of us have had on here is about Guns N Roses and what it is exactly.

So if Axl replaces Robin, u will have:

1 member of the original GNR Axl
1 member of the 2nd lineup Dizzy
2 members of the RIR3 lineup Chris and tommy
3 new members since 2006

GNR are in my opinion are becoming too much of a revolving door. For them to carry on the legacy of GNR, there has to be some consistency and not new members everytime a tour starts.

before its over GNR will have encompassed over 20 members in one band.

Ok, but i seriousely doubht that Robin would have joined NIN if GN'R were to tour in three months. Which they most defiinetly are not. I really really doubht they'll tour any time before the sommer of 09 at the earliest.

Even if the record drops this year, there's no need for Robin.

Has EVER given a gn'r related interview in the first place? He might have, i just don't remember any... If he tours with NIN for a year, he can still be back with gn'r in plenty of time before they tour again...

U are missing my point Erose

robin is the LEAD GUITAR player for Guns N Roses. The most famous thing in music is the frontman/lead guitar combo and robin is the lead guitar player.

This is SUPPOSE to be a band right?

we are suppose to support Guns  N Roses, not Axl Rose.

So its only fitting and customary that the BAND give interviews,take photos do press etc so the public can learn who they are.

If its all Axl then it isnt Guns N Roses its just Axl Rose.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2632 on: June 11, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »

It was Guns N' Roses before Robin, and if he choses to move on, it will continue being Guns N' Roses.

Don't forget that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2633 on: June 11, 2008, 11:38:45 AM »

It was Guns N' Roses before Robin, and if he choses to move on, it will continue being Guns N' Roses.

Don't forget that.

/jarmo

U did the bookerfloyd quoting things out of context jarmo:

I said, we are here to support Guns N Roses not just Axl. Sayin whjen the album is released, I fully expect all the members to be apart of interviews, media appearances,radio interviews and all that stuff.

Unless Axl is making GNR, NIN like and he is trent reznor and he is basically hiring musicians and GNR are more or less a touring band.

Axl however, said himself that this is a band.

So I expect the band to do the legwork as well.

That was in response to them saying that Robin doesnt have to be around when CD is released he just has to be around to tour.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2634 on: June 11, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »

Don't forget that.

/jarmo

U did the bookerfloyd quoting things out of context jarmo:

I said, we are here to support Guns N Roses not just Axl. Sayin whjen the album is released, I fully expect all the members to be apart of interviews, media appearances,radio interviews and all that stuff.

Unless Axl is making GNR, NIN like and he is trent reznor and he is basically hiring musicians and GNR are more or less a touring band.

Axl however, said himself that this is a band.

So I expect the band to do the legwork as well.

That was in response to them saying that Robin doesnt have to be around when CD is released he just has to be around to tour.

You don't even want him in the band!

hihi

There's plenty of people in the band who can do interviews if Robin is unavailable.

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2635 on: June 11, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »

The thing is! It will be fucking sad for alot of the fans, if Robin Finck choose to leave Guns N Roses.
Others wont mind.. People can only speak for them selfs..

I Personal think it will be sad, if Robin will leave, because i think he is awsome! And has grown to be a important part of GNR!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2636 on: June 11, 2008, 11:53:07 AM »

I want Robin in the band, I just dont personally "love" his style yet. However once I get a full album Im sure I will cause he has moments I think are incredible.

I have just told u guys a million times that Im not a huge fan of people jumping from big band to big band.

If he wants to do smaller stuff thats ok, I just think NIN is too big.

I agree a lot with what youngunner posted previously:

He and i are very similiar in a lot of our opinions.

I remember making posts about "why this band is guns N roses" Why Axl should keep the name

U can do a search and find all sorts of posts and threads of me supporting this band.

I remember watching Rock In rio III and saying "fuck the old band"

I remember arguing with Old GNR lovers and telling them how if u listened to a boot from 2002 and a boot from 92 the only difference would be Axl's voice was cleaner and higher.

BUT

as youngunner stated, there comes a time where there has to be some sort of payoff. I will never quit supporting this band and I will never stop being a fan but there comes a time where I get frustrated to no end.

I have a differing  view as to what a fan is.

to jarmo and others, A fan is someone who is loyal to a fault and never questions or critizes anything. *there is nothing wrong with that, thats your prerogative*

To me a fan is someone who supports the band religiously but keeps them in check by voicing their displeasure and opinions when necessary.

let me throw Bon Jovi into this for a second.

Jon did a really crappy acoustic/different greatest hits CD called "this left feels right"

The fans overwhelmingly hated it *i love it actually* but in any case, it didnt sell for shit and people were outraged over the change of their favorite songs.

Jon heard the people and said "He would never do that again" he said he had people telling him "Dont mess with my memories" so he LISTENED to the fans.

when his voice went to shit and people were criticizing the fact he couldnt sing the way he use to, what did he do? HE LISTENED, got a voice coach, cut down on the smokes and now can hit every note like he did in the 80's.

There is a reason some bands remain successful and others dont. the ones who tend to listen to their fanbase and are considerate of their fanbase have enormously long careers. The ones who treat their fans like shit and dont listen usually dont stick around very long. this is a true testament to Axl's greatness because there are very few who could get away with all this and still be as successful as he is.

I think the fans are the only checks and balances a band has. without the fans a band is nothing. So if the fans show their displeasure, an artist has to listen and thats what being a fan is.

A fan is not taking it up the ass over and over and over again with no explanations or
communciation.

a fan can be critical at times and still be a fan.

Death Cube K
« Reply #2637 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:39 PM »

Fully agree with D.

When GNR releases Chinese Democracy I EXPECT the lead guitarist since 1997 (minus a 1-2 years) to be there, in person, doing interviews, photo sessions and just about anything else there is.

Axl said this is a band.

Robin Finck is IMPORTANT for this release.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2638 on: June 11, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »

D, I'm glad you got Jon listening to your wishes.   Wink ok

Constructive criticism is one thing, whining about shit you know nothing about just for the sake of whining is something else.

How can you listen to people who are never happy?  Huh

You can't please everybody! It's impossible.

/jarmo

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2639 on: June 11, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

a fan can be critical at times and still be a fan.

I agree

Here Today..
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: