Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 08:05:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748310 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2540 on: June 08, 2008, 01:14:26 AM »

Off topic:

well i think we've made it clear there that people can offer their opinnions without threat of persecution,

Right ... they ban people because of who you know!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2541 on: June 08, 2008, 01:37:17 AM »

anyway i still think its unfair to paint a bunch of people as "you guys" i dont start false rumors, if you think i'm trying to strat false rumors then think again...all i 100% believe as far as current GnR news is what band members say in interviews....since IMO they are the only ones who know the story...everythign else is food for thought and worth consideration, some things weigh more heavily against others based on my own discretion, and form that info i try to understand what may posssibly be happening

the only time i ever said axl was full of it, was for the tentative March 6th date he gave, cuz in my mind there was no way on gods green earth that i thought that deadline would have been possible...and i was right...does it make me an insider or a rumor monger? ....no...i just made an educated guess based on all the info i had heard up until that particular time and i gave reasons why i thought that it was impossible

but for some reason i get continually get labelled as negative, a rumor monger and not really a fan ...its simply not the case ... i just take all the gnr info i read and try to logially sort it as bull shit, true or a posibility ... then i like to share it with people ... thats what message boards are for IMO

i dont question whether or not you're a fan neemo.   but i think you are quick to jump to negative conclusions.  call me an optimist, but as a fan I prefer to see the good side of things.   In this case, I get to see Robin live this year, which wouldnt' be happening if he wasn't touring with NIN.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2542 on: June 08, 2008, 02:28:16 AM »

Insert Quote
Quote from: younggunner on June 06, 2008, 03:26:26 PM
It irks me to see Robin in these pics with NIN. I just wish he would say why hes doing what hes doing. He is usually good with communicating with the fans so Im really surprised he hasnt said anything yet. I guess we will find out if he says anything in the interviews on the tour. I would hope so. I dont want to find anything out thru Trents mouth though, I would like to hear it from Robin himself.

It just really sucks how this has unfolded for us and the band.

I do agree with this. We took such a liking to Robin when the 2006 dates started especially and gave him so much support at the gigs and otherwise. Not saying he owes us etc. but he has a fanbase that loves him here so it surprises me that he doesn't want to give them a heads up.

lolllllllllllll thanks for quoting my post gunnerdownunder. I re read what I wrote and I realized that somehow my post was slightly altered by the police around here. In the middle of that post I stated that  Axl thinks Trent is an asshole and Robin knows that.

I wonder why they felt the need to take that piece out? Did I insult someone? Was it not factual? Did I curse? Was I spamming? Help me out here GNR fans. What am I doing wrong?

Not only do many of my posts get deleted but now my posts are being altered! I Love it. Nice work guys. I almost didnt notice it. So thank you very much gunnerdownunder, you gave another thing for me to watch for  around here.

Jarmo and company, do you guys have lives? WHo gets most excited when they get put on "sabatoge younggunners posts duty"? Thanks for the laughs guys. Posts are one thing but now this..lollllllllllllll...wow rofl Maybe you guys should just post for me? Write what you want people to feel and know and use my name behind it. Lets see if you have any balls and keep this here...as is.... You had the balss to alter my point and posts trying to fly under the radar.  Now lets see if you have balls to stand up for what you did. Just weak if you ask me...shows the true colors and intentions of the "leadership"around here. Then Jarmo has the nerve to ask me why I think he and his  Lips Sealed(mods) do everything they can to slant info an opinions around here....no, not you Jarmo  Roll Eyes. Its me, Im just paranoid, I just want attention ok Roll Eyes no no no no

In this case, I get to see Robin live this year, which wouldnt' be happening if he wasn't touring with NIN.

And what will you be saying of hes a goner?

If u think so, u are truly dillusional.

I think its 50/50 he is gone. I dont think this is just a "Break" till GNR get rolling. Every person has a breaking point and I think robin has had enough.
agreed D. Its amazing how people dont want to believe whats right in front of them. I personally think Robins just had enough with GNR. ANd I dont mean in a bad way. I dont think there was any argument or dispute with Axl. Robin jumped ship without notifying the band or discussing it with the band which is a bit surprising. I think the million dollar question to ask him would be, Why now when the album is about to be released? I am very interested in what he would say to that. Hopefully someone asks him that during the tour
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 03:11:34 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2543 on: June 08, 2008, 03:05:52 AM »

Robin jumped ship without notifying the band or discussing it with the band which is a bit surprising

Is that a double entendre?

I think that I have said it before, I doubt that he knows what he is going to do, nor does anyone else.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2544 on: June 08, 2008, 03:09:37 AM »

I doubt that he knows what he is going to do, nor does anyone else
Your more than likely wrong about the first part but the last part you are def right about. Nobody knows

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2545 on: June 08, 2008, 03:16:41 AM »

Jimbob, I admire your optimism,but I just dont see it dude.  Goin back to your former band is never good. Look at Scott Weiland for instance.

Robin is comfortable in NIN, it is like his home and he still would make big dollars from his contributions to the new guns record if it comes out. I think he realizes he has put in 10 years with zero results and he isnt wanting to waste anymore time. Remember Axl stating on Eddie Trunk how that 2002 tour was great to keep the band together. I think the band are tired of the same ole same ole just as much as the fans.

I have no faults with that now I think about it. Hell its very logical and understandable.

For 10 years the guy has been ridiculed by assholes like me for playing the old guys  material. I think he finally realizes, he'd rather be out in a band where he is THE MAN instead of being in a band where he is constantly going to be compared to someone Im not sure he will ever be able to live up to. Thats not a knock on his talent but just the way it is for anyone tryin to replace someone who is irreplaceable.

I applaud that.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 03:18:27 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2546 on: June 08, 2008, 03:24:44 AM »

Jimbob, I admire your optimism,but I just dont see it dude.  Goin back to your former band is never good. Look at Scott Weiland for instance.

Robin is comfortable in NIN, it is like his home and he still would make big dollars from his contributions to the new guns record if it comes out. I think he realizes he has put in 10 years with zero results and he isnt wanting to waste anymore time. Remember Axl stating on Eddie Trunk how that 2002 tour was great to keep the band together. I think the band are tired of the same ole same ole just as much as the fans.

I have no faults with that now I think about it. Hell its very logical and understandable.

For 10 years the guy has been ridiculed by assholes like me for playing the old guys  material. I think he finally realizes, he'd rather be out in a band where he is THE MAN instead of being in a band where he is constantly going to be compared to someone Im not sure he will ever be able to live up to. Thats not a knock on his talent but just the way it is for anyone tryin to replace someone who is irreplaceable.

I applaud that.

thats a quality a1 fuckin post right their...

However, I do think robin will eventually come back to play all his material in gnr (i.e when chinese comes out)

but I think nin will be his new home until then,
and not a second earlier........

smoking

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2547 on: June 08, 2008, 05:07:28 AM »

thats bullshit.   he more than lives up to his position in the band.  you are correct about the assholes and you are correct to lump yourself in that category.  but the people actually attending the shows, I saw no one complaining.  he is THE MAN in GnR and he's also THE MAN in NIN.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2548 on: June 08, 2008, 05:11:46 AM »

It's so heartbreaking watching Robin prepare for a major tour while GNR sits idling at the starting gate.

Shit

Boo fuckin' hoo! wtf?!

GN'R is basically just done with a major tour in case you didn't fuckin' notice.

And to my understanding the album is not out because GN'R sits idling in the starting gate. If anyone is, it's the recordcompany!

I don't get what you people are all about, fuckin' whining and bitching like you haven't been fucked properly since god knows when.

I agree 200%

Get the fuck over it already. Jesus fuckin' christ!

I Agree 200%

Idling at the starting gate means they are about ready to take off.   And the heartbreak is I don't think Robin will be join us this time out. 

ha ha ha, priceless!

I don't think GN'R will tour in 08 tho and i don't think Robin will have much to do with the promo for CD anyway so i still thinks he's free to do whatever.... I do think tho that Robin will come back to join GN'R on tour whenever that happens again. If he's still welcome that is, and I don't quite see why he wouldn't be!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2549 on: June 08, 2008, 06:38:03 AM »

here's a new line of thought:

Ego vs Ego

Axl could make Robin an offer he cannot refuse
thus steal Robin away from Trent

smoking

« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 06:40:12 AM by uk_shaun » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2550 on: June 08, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »

lolllllllllllll thanks for quoting my post gunnerdownunder. I re read what I wrote and I realized that somehow my post was slightly altered by the police around here. In the middle of that post I stated that  Axl thinks Trent is an asshole and Robin knows that.

I wonder why they felt the need to take that piece out? Did I insult someone? Was it not factual? Did I curse? Was I spamming? Help me out here GNR fans. What am I doing wrong?

Not only do many of my posts get deleted but now my posts are being altered! I Love it. Nice work guys. I almost didnt notice it. So thank you very much gunnerdownunder, you gave another thing for me to watch for  around here.

Jarmo and company, do you guys have lives? WHo gets most excited when they get put on "sabatoge younggunners posts duty"? Thanks for the laughs guys. Posts are one thing but now this..lollllllllllllll...wow rofl Maybe you guys should just post for me? Write what you want people to feel and know and use my name behind it. Lets see if you have any balls and keep this here...as is.... You had the balss to alter my point and posts trying to fly under the radar.  Now lets see if you have balls to stand up for what you did. Just weak if you ask me...shows the true colors and intentions of the "leadership"around here. Then Jarmo has the nerve to ask me why I think he and his  Lips Sealed(mods) do everything they can to slant info an opinions around here....no, not you Jarmo  Roll Eyes. Its me, Im just paranoid, I just want attention ok Roll Eyes no no no no

I don't kow what you are, if it's paranoid or something else. But that's ridiculous and insulting.

If your post is modified it'll say so.

Here's an example: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51313.msg1059420#msg1059420

Pay close attention to the bottom where is says who edited the post and at what exact time.

Your post which clearly states it wasn't edited by anyone: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51313.msg1076519#msg1076519

Now, I'm waiting for an apology or take responsibility for the consequences.

I don't take lightly on people accusing me of hacking their accounts, altering their posts in secret or anything else that has to do with the integrity of this site.

You can't run around accusing me of shit like that without having to take responsibility for it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:16:24 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2551 on: June 08, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

So I guess Im imagining things? I know what I wrote but Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. I know what I wrote in that post I wouldnt just accuse you or your mods out of the clear blue sky. But whatever Ill claim insanity on this one. So I apologize to you and your mods.

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2552 on: June 08, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »

or in the official site.  not like 'it was astonishing' or 'very surprising' but it says it took them a tad off guard. yeah still you'd probably say there's no evedence.

A quote from a biased member of one camp is not evidence.   Roll Eyes  It's call spin.  It could be true or it could be false.  So it is in no way evidence.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2553 on: June 08, 2008, 02:31:33 PM »

So I guess Im imagining things? I know what I wrote but Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. I know what I wrote in that post I wouldnt just accuse you or your mods out of the clear blue sky. But whatever Ill claim insanity on this one. So I apologize to you and your mods.

Are you still implying that I or another moderator modified your post and that I'm lying when I tell you it didn't happen?

The fact that you even accuse us of that says a lot about you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2554 on: June 08, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »

Are you still implying that I or another moderator modified your post and that I'm lying when I tell you it didn't happen?

The fact that you even accuse us of that says a lot about you.

/jarmo

jarmo, that's exactly what he is implying.

and you deleted my post where I said "oh shit! drama!", which i don't even get that. I simply posted that so people would realize how foolish this argument is, and hopefully it would stop, and we could get back on topic. but you even deleted that, so... i dunno. anyways,

Oh shit! Drama!

Alright, now lets keep the stupid arguments to PM's. That'd be cool.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2555 on: June 08, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »

No, I didn't.

Must've been another moderator who objected to your off topic post. ok

/jarmo

user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2556 on: June 08, 2008, 02:48:10 PM »

No, I didn't.

/jarmo

aight, whatevs.

anyways...

so, Robin... Leaving? Just touring? eh?

edit* lol! just re-read your post, and you called my comment off topic, even though your last three or so were too.

k Ive gotta go. peace.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2557 on: June 08, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »

No, I didn't.

/jarmo

aight, whatevs.

anyways...

edit* lol! just re-read your post, and you called my comment off topic, even though your last three or so were too.

k Ive gotta go. peace.

Hello?

I'm responding to a poster making severe accusations about how I conduct myself on this board.

I think it's only fair that I defend myself and this site against these slanderous posts. Don't you?

/jarmo

user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2558 on: June 08, 2008, 02:56:07 PM »

No, I didn't.

/jarmo

aight, whatevs.a poster making severe accusations about how I conduct myself on this board.

anyways...

k Ive gotta go. peace.

Hello?

I'm responding to a poster making severe accusations about how I conduct myself on this board.

I think it's only fair that I defend myself and this site against these slanderous posts. Don't you?

/jarmo

Hello?

I'm responding to a current argument between you and a poster making severe accusations about how you conduct yourself on this board.

I think it's only fair that if you are allowed to defend yourself and this site against these slanderous posts, I should be able to comment on it without my post being considered "off topic".

Or you simply could have deleted his post for being off topic as well, informed him of your actions and your reasonings in a PM, and continued the argument amongst yourselves in private.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #2559 on: June 08, 2008, 03:00:48 PM »

Ok, after reading the argument, I must say that I do remember reading that silly statement from younggunner yesterday. However, it may very well have been in another post or even thread. It may have been that the entire post was deleted and younggunner thought it was in another post, which was "edited". It's funny how people assume, Jarmo is the only one who edits/deletes/etc. Also, think about it, why would anyone take the trouble to edit a sentence in the middle of a post when they can simply click on "delete" and get it over with in a split second. A deleted post from the said poster would not be terribly missed anyway.

That statement was actually plain stupid and not just silly since Axl has never called Trent an asshole, nor ever suggesting it. If anyone, Trent was the one to go low and suggest such a compliment going Axl's direction (refer to one of the Germany shows in 2007).

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: