Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 09:06:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747601 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2520 on: June 07, 2008, 10:31:48 AM »

Let me just say that I am not trying to diminish Robin's contributions at all (which I believe to be HUGE)

One question to all the anti-speculators....why is this sort of speculation OK? but other speculation isnt

we have no idea what the extent of his contributions will be...  Undecided

Aye personally don't mind speculating on things that are actually said by the reliable sources, like the 3/4 albums to come...than on things no reliable source has said yet, like robin's deperture. I call the latter sort of speculation suspicion.

Del says Robin is on the album.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2521 on: June 07, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »

the new hair is cool and black but the face doesn't  look very robin to me.  Huh prolly just the angle....

It's so heartbreaking watching Robin prepare for a major tour while GNR sits idling at the starting gate.

Shit

Boo fuckin' hoo! wtf?!

GN'R is basically just done with a major tour in case you didn't fuckin' notice.

And to my understanding the album is not out because GN'R sits idling in the starting gate. If anyone is, it's the recordcompany!

I don't get what you people are all about, fuckin' whining and bitching like you haven't been fucked properly since god knows when.

I agree 200%

Get the fuck over it already. Jesus fuckin' christ!

I Agree 200%

Idling at the starting gate means they are about ready to take off.   And the heartbreak is I don't think Robin will be join us this time out. 

never trouble trouble until it troubles you. basically pessimism is not good for you.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2522 on: June 07, 2008, 11:48:23 AM »

my only concern now is why get rid of his GnR look ?

I don't know. Maybe he can grow back his beard quickly? And when he started out on the 2006 tour, his hair was quite short, if memory serves.

Your memory's not serving you correctly in this case.  Robin looked amazing...long hair, beard, shades, amazing.  One of the coolest things about that night was seeing a band that not only sounded incredible, but they also looked incredible.  Some would call that shallow, I call it being honest.  If Axl comes out on the stage dressed wearing a fuckin tutu or diamond-encrusted bra, then yes, it will affect fans' appreciation of the band.  That's the fact.

Robin has always struck me as an honest an open artist.  Perhaps he feels his actions are warranted as a result of the treatment he might perceive he has received in the past however many months or years in regards to the album/s.  Maybe since he might not be "in the loop" when it comes to the album/s, maybe he's returning the favor to the band by not keeping them "in the loop." 
 Undecided

Or maybe one of the things that's getting ironed out right now is the percentage of contribution each artist has on each song (for future royalty percentages).  And maybe Finck is fighting with Axl over his percentage on certain songs.  Maybe that's why he left without a word.

100% speculation obviously, but what else do we have to do on this board beside speculate?  The band doesn't give out many updates so speculation is all we have.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2523 on: June 07, 2008, 12:12:11 PM »

And maybe Finck is fighting with Axl over his percentage on certain songs(speculation 2).  Maybe that's why he left without a word.(1)

That's a speculation based on another speculation.
If that was the case, robins plan wouldn't have surprised them a bit, don't you think?
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2524 on: June 07, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »

There is no evidence that the GNR camp was surprised.  All we have is a Del James article (email) that would be biased in any event.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2525 on: June 07, 2008, 12:54:13 PM »

There is no evidence that the GNR camp was surprised.  All we have is a Del James article (email) that would be biased in any event.
didnt they post that in the site..

Here Today..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2526 on: June 07, 2008, 01:05:43 PM »

or in the official site.  not like 'it was astonishing' or 'very surprising' but it says it took them a tad off guard. yeah still you'd probably say there's no evedence.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2527 on: June 07, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »

dont sugarcoat it...they were def taken off guard by this

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2528 on: June 07, 2008, 02:24:49 PM »

This situation will be interesting to see, its funny some of these websites are already saying OH AXL NEEDS TO FIND ANOTHER LEAD GUITARIST !! its a bunch of BS nobody knows what really going on.  I don't know Robin personally but he seems to be free spirited and likes to do things  in spure of th moment.  Robin will give us a response when he damn well feels like it or he may not fine with me. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2529 on: June 07, 2008, 04:05:59 PM »

Let me just say that I am not trying to diminish Robin's contributions at all (which I believe to be HUGE)

One question to all the anti-speculators....why is this sort of speculation OK? but other speculation isnt

he says he believes robin contributed huge, he isn't saying Robin is a huge contributor.

and besides Robin did contribute huge to one of the fans' favorite songs out of the leaks.
badapple81
« Reply #2530 on: June 07, 2008, 08:28:17 PM »

It irks me to see Robin in these pics with NIN. I just wish he would say why hes doing what hes doing. He is usually good with communicating with the fans so Im really surprised he hasnt said anything yet. I guess we will find out if he says anything in the interviews on the tour. I would hope so. I dont want to find anything out thru Trents mouth though, I would like to hear it from Robin himself.

It just really sucks how this has unfolded for us and the band.

I do agree with this. We took such a liking to Robin when the 2006 dates started especially and gave him so much support at the gigs and otherwise. Not saying he owes us etc. but he has a fanbase that loves him here so it surprises me that he doesn't want to give them a heads up.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2531 on: June 07, 2008, 08:33:45 PM »

I'm sick of this lie down/bend over attitude of GNR fans. It's like watching some abused dog tentatively beg for some love, and when they get a boot to the face say "Oh well, I guess I had it coming".

GNR fans treat Robin like a fucking god during the '06 tour. The hero worship he received - while earned - was a testament to the fans love of the band, that they were willing to accept him in the iconic role of GNR lead guitarist. I'm not saying that this is the case, but if he is in a position to tell those fans whether or not he intends to continue his role in the band and chooses not to, he is simply treating them like shit.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:37:01 PM by TomFriend » Logged

And there goes the challenger...
badapple81
« Reply #2532 on: June 07, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »

lol.. if you are referring to my last post then you have certainly twisted and exagerated a few things.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2533 on: June 07, 2008, 08:39:50 PM »

lol.. if you are referring to my last post then you have certainly twisted and exagerated a few things.

I wasn't referring to your post actually. Hang on to your ego though.  peace

And there goes the challenger...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2534 on: June 08, 2008, 12:06:12 AM »

he says he believes robin contributed huge, he isn't saying Robin is a huge contributor.

i knew you were gonna say something like this.

to counter on that point, most speculative posts contain "in my opinion" or "I think" or something else along those lines...so again i ask what's the difference. between saying

"I believe that Robin will be a huge contributer to CD" or "I think Robin has left GnR" both are purely speculative... and, to be a "realist", i think the statement, that most people around here would consider negative, is the one we have the most info on and most of the info we have shows Robin as being AWOL from GnR...the first line on the latest gnr update confirms he is indeed AWOL

Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard.

now i dunno about you but if i just took off from my job and went to another place of emplyment then i would think that would be a pretty big indicator that i'm not coming back

as for song writing credits for the 99-current era of songs we know writing credits for only a handful of tracks

Oh My God (Huge/Reed/Rose)
Silk Worms (Pittman/Reed)
Better (Finck)
Chinese Democracy (Freese/Rose)
The General (Mantia)
Catcher in the Rye (We dont know who's song it is but we know that Brian May plays on it)

hardly huge contributions from what we know...which leads me to this second part of your post

and besides Robin did contribute huge to one of the fans' favorite songs out of the leaks.

what we know ..... 4 albums worth of songs (according to baz)? 32 tracks (according to axl)

what we can guess (if we speculate that Baz isnt stretching the truth about the 4 albums thing cuz its alot more songs than Axl claimed in RS).... 10-14 tracks per album = 40-56 songs

so one song out of 32-56 songs is huge contributions? c'mon now ... IMO you are way off base on that speculation...at least until we know more info...so lets cut down on the speculation huh?  Tongue

Aye personally don't mind speculating on things that are actually said by the reliable sources, like the 3/4 albums to come...than on things no reliable source has said yet, like robin's deperture. I call the latter sort of speculation suspicion.

Del says Robin is on the album.

this has nothign to do with him being on the album this is about contributions to the album...Adler was on AFD but i think you will be hard pressed to find someone claiming his contributions are HUGE..

as for reliable sources .... see above  Wink
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 12:34:19 AM by Neemo » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2535 on: June 08, 2008, 12:17:33 AM »

i knew you were gonna say something like this.

to counter on that point, most speculative posts contain "in my opinion" or "I think" or something else along those lines...so again i ask what's the difference. between saying

"I believe that Robin will be a huge contributer to CD" or "I think Robin has left GnR" both are purely speculative...

you can think he left GnR.. but then to go into other threads and say bullshit like "Robin's departure" is stating it as if it were fact.  you know what i'm talking about dude, its when you guys assume shit and make silly presumptions.

as for the writing credits, all i said was Robin is supposedly the guy behind the song GnR were considering for their first single back in 2006.   That IMO is a major contribution.    As far as the rest of the material, who knows.   As for when GnR is going to be doing anything again, who knows.   Robin is just doing what everyone else in the band is doing right now.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2536 on: June 08, 2008, 12:20:05 AM »

I hope Billboard got their facts mixed up but u gotta wonder why Robin's apperances arent promoted on this site. It caught GNR off guard and NIN is nowhere near the same ballpark as to what the other bandmembers are doing. If u think so, u are truly dillusional.

I think its 50/50 he is gone. I dont think this is just a "Break" till GNR get rolling. Every person has a breaking point and I think robin has had enough.

worries me though cause GNR are the kings of spin and their comment doesnt seem positive in anyway.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2537 on: June 08, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »

its when you guys assume shit and make silly presumptions.

"you guys"? like as in me?

the thread at my site is called

"robin back in NIN temp or not is the question?"

anytime i offer my opinion i try to remember to put "I think" cuz i think i've made it quite clear that i'm just offering my opinion when i post things...ive never tried to start false rumors

as for "other sites" which i'm assuming includes gnrevolution.....well i think we've made it clear there that people can offer their opinnions without threat of persecution, and when someone does try to pass shit off as fact (which is a rarity btw they we systematically go about disproving it)

in all honesty i dont think its fair to say this speculation is ok cuz it has a postive spin on it, but this speculation over here is bad cuz it has a slightly negative connotation to it...shit or get off the pot...postive spin could come back and haunt someone too...like lets say that people pretty much believe baz's 4 albums comments...which are taken as gospel around here personally i think they may be a bit exaggerated, but thats just my own speculation

..... Rose has one of his own (projects) to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

...and thats as of Jan 2006...only Axl knows what's changed since that time

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2538 on: June 08, 2008, 12:40:18 AM »

i mean other threads not as in other sites but other threads in this section.   i'm not talking about other GnR sites.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2539 on: June 08, 2008, 01:09:50 AM »

anyway i still think its unfair to paint a bunch of people as "you guys" i dont start false rumors, if you think i'm trying to strat false rumors then think again...all i 100% believe as far as current GnR news is what band members say in interviews....since IMO they are the only ones who know the story...everythign else is food for thought and worth consideration, some things weigh more heavily against others based on my own discretion, and form that info i try to understand what may posssibly be happening

the only time i ever said axl was full of it, was for the tentative March 6th date he gave, cuz in my mind there was no way on gods green earth that i thought that deadline would have been possible...and i was right...does it make me an insider or a rumor monger? ....no...i just made an educated guess based on all the info i had heard up until that particular time and i gave reasons why i thought that it was impossible

but for some reason i get continually get labelled as negative, a rumor monger and not really a fan ...its simply not the case ... i just take all the gnr info i read and try to logially sort it as bull shit, true or a posibility ... then i like to share it with people ... thats what message boards are for IMO

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: