Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 08:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747574 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2500 on: June 06, 2008, 04:22:06 PM »

good post
It would not surprise me though if and when album plans are announced that Robin could rejoin the group just as abruptly as he left it.

your probably right about that. If I had to guess I see him out of the band even when the album is dropped but could return right before a tour.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #2501 on: June 06, 2008, 04:23:21 PM »

Say what you want, but I say he's out of the band...

gobble, gobble.

Bash me, try to stand up for him, but he's done and I won't miss him

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2502 on: June 06, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »

Here's a HTDGTH hypothetical thought/dilemma

Supposing Robin has moved on from Guns N'Roses, and the album Chinese Democracy gets released. Will that mean, all things Robin, will only be able to be discussed in the ex gunners section along with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler  peace

That'll feel weird.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2503 on: June 06, 2008, 04:26:52 PM »

but he's done and I won't miss him
more dumb speculation

and i guess you were never really a fan in the first place.  exactly what are you doing here?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2504 on: June 06, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »

Supposing Robin has moved on from Guns N'Roses, and the album Chinese Democracy gets released. Will that mean, all things Robin, will only be able to be discussed in the ex gunners section along with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler  

It will mean that even when the album is out, after all the years, delays, this that and the other, that like every single time with this new band and era, nothing will be 100% perfect...the trend of something being not quite will continue, even when the album is out. that is amazing if you ask me

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2505 on: June 06, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »

more dumb speculation

hey! I thought you said
more dumb speculation.  i'm done responding to people like you.

uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2506 on: June 06, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »

Supposing Robin has moved on from Guns N'Roses, and the album Chinese Democracy gets released. Will that mean, all things Robin, will only be able to be discussed in the ex gunners section along with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler  

It will mean that even when the album is out, after all the years, delays, this that and the other, that like every single time with this new band and era, nothing will be 100% perfect...the trend of something being not quite will continue, even when the album is out. that is amazing if you ask me

It'll be amazing to see if there's a band that can play the stuff live once the albums out.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #2507 on: June 06, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »

ha.. me a fan? me wasting my time here?

Dude you're a clown.

I love Gn'R. It's just stupid how this entire board thinks after all this jacking around he's going to be in Gn'R again soon.

Why hasn't he said "I'm in Gn'R still".

I mean why is there no official information? Something obviously off. I'm real about what is going on. Yeah it's Speculation, and I don't know for sure.

Sometimes you don't have to "know" to say something, and in this case I believe that he's leaving Gn'R

But don't damn me
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2508 on: June 06, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »

Sometimes you don't have to "know" to say something, and in this case I believe that he's leaving Gn'R
if you dont know then you cant talk around here. because speculation is evil! Who would have thought that gnr fans, fans who were the epitomy of speculation in the late 80's eary 90's, now dismiss speculation. Interesting if you ask me

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #2509 on: June 06, 2008, 04:49:17 PM »

Like I said, sounds like he's out.

And, I've been saying he's gone for 2 weeks.

But don't damn me
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2510 on: June 06, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »

Look Robin has done this before and came back to GnR ! I just believe that its the same situation all over again.  I don't think GnR will start touring probaly until late summer early fall of 09.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #2511 on: June 06, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »

It'll be amazing to see if there's a band that can play the stuff live once the albums out.

Yup. That's actually what it probably all boils down to.

Guns N' Roses' (meaning Axl and management) sole objective right now IMHO is finally clearing all the legal, financial and marketing hurdles to get the album out.

WHEN that's squared away... be it late this year... early next year.... or beyond.... the focus will then turn to who's actually around to rehearse, hit the road and tour.

I'm sure Robin Finck will be one of the very first people they reach out to when all that comes to pass. If he's unavailable... they'll find a competent replacement. But there's really no point speculating further about that conversation until it's been had... especially since, for all we know, Robin would have a very different answer today than he actually will 6 months or 12 months or 18 months from now...

I really don't think there's some great mystery here though....

The future touring line-up will almost certainly not completely reflect the studio line-up... but we've known that for quite some time (see Buckethead) already...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 05:31:26 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2512 on: June 06, 2008, 05:44:10 PM »

Guns N' Roses' (meaning Axl and management) sole objective right now IMHO is finally clearing all the legal, financial and marketing hurdles to get the album out.

WHEN that's squared away... be it late this year... early next year.... or beyond.... the focus will then turn to who's actually around to rehearse, hit the road and tour.

I'm sure Robin Finck will be one of the very first people they reach out to when all that comes to pass. If he's unavailable... they'll find a competent replacement. But there's really no point speculating further about that conversation until it's been had... especially since, for all we know, Robin would have a very different answer today than he actually will 6 months or 12 months or 18 months from now...

The future touring line-up will almost certainly not completely reflect the studio line-up... but we've known that for quite some time (see Buckethead) already...

one of the best posts in this thread for a while  peace
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2513 on: June 06, 2008, 06:26:33 PM »

It's so heartbreaking watching Robin prepare for a major tour while GNR sits idling at the starting gate.

Shit

Boo fuckin' hoo! wtf?!

GN'R is basically just done with a major tour in case you didn't fuckin' notice.

And to my understanding the album is not out because GN'R sits idling in the starting gate. If anyone is, it's the recordcompany!

I don't get what you people are all about, fuckin' whining and bitching like you haven't been fucked properly since god knows when.

I agree 200%

Get the fuck over it already. Jesus fuckin' christ!

I Agree 200%

Idling at the starting gate means they are about ready to take off.   And the heartbreak is I don't think Robin will be join us this time out. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #2514 on: June 06, 2008, 09:33:42 PM »

Thanks man. ok

Let me just say that I am not trying to diminish Robin's contributions at all (which I believe to be HUGE)... but it is not at all unprecedented for this band to put on a kick ass live show without the original song writers up on stage. Certainly the new band has done it night after night... and even the old band did it to an extent with Matt and Gilby replacing Steven and Izzy respectively.

I think we need to take a chill from the "consistency" of the new line-up or whatever and just cross our fingers that they get this thing out within the next year or so... and that Axl can pull together another kick ass line-up to present the material live in all its glory when the time comes... that's ultimately what really matters IMHO.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2515 on: June 07, 2008, 07:03:05 AM »

Let me just say that I am not trying to diminish Robin's contributions at all (which I believe to be HUGE)

One question to all the anti-speculators....why is this sort of speculation OK? but other speculation isnt

we have no idea what the extent of his contributions will be...  Undecided

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2516 on: June 07, 2008, 08:35:17 AM »

my only concern now is why get rid of his GnR look ?

I don't know. Maybe he can grow back his beard quickly? And when he started out on the 2006 tour, his hair was quite short, if memory serves.

Your memory's not serving you correctly in this case.  Robin looked amazing...long hair, beard, shades, amazing.  One of the coolest things about that night was seeing a band that not only sounded incredible, but they also looked incredible.  Some would call that shallow, I call it being honest.  If Axl comes out on the stage dressed wearing a fuckin tutu or diamond-encrusted bra, then yes, it will affect fans' appreciation of the band.  That's the fact.

Robin has always struck me as an honest an open artist.  Perhaps he feels his actions are warranted as a result of the treatment he might perceive he has received in the past however many months or years in regards to the album/s.  Maybe since he might not be "in the loop" when it comes to the album/s, maybe he's returning the favor to the band by not keeping them "in the loop." 
 Undecided

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2517 on: June 07, 2008, 08:53:21 AM »

my only concern now is why get rid of his GnR look ?

i'm pretty certain that this is why CD is being held up. it's a little known fact that Robin can only play the GnR material if he has a beard.

seriously there are far more important things to be concerned about.
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2518 on: June 07, 2008, 09:18:11 AM »

The original GN'R line up each had their own look, so nothings going to alter much with the new line up. Its doesn't really matter. Its not an issue. Maybe once CD gets released it'll feature art work, and no photo's of band members.
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2519 on: June 07, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »

+1  ok
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: