Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 01:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746438 times)
gilmour
Opening Act

« Reply #2480 on: June 06, 2008, 03:35:33 AM »

It doesn't matter what He looks like, the important thing is how He can play, and well, He do it really bad.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2481 on: June 06, 2008, 05:09:26 AM »

I wish he'd stop havin a "LOOK" and just be who he is.

You must know him pretty well on a personal level to be able to determine that.  That's awesome.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2482 on: June 06, 2008, 05:29:28 AM »

I thought the image of someone is determined by how they play in conjunction with how they look?

and for all you people that say " why do you care about how robin looks"

you are the same people that bitch about buckethead being buckethead, and you cant look past the mask to see the brilliant guitar skills
that is near unmatched by anyone in guitar history....

You gotta love the 2 sides of a coin dont you?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2483 on: June 06, 2008, 06:06:03 AM »

You must know him pretty well on a personal level to be able to determine that.  That's awesome.

As if anyone in GN'R has ever had a "LOOK" in particular.  hihi

Guns N' Roses is not about looks. Never has been, never will be!

Sorry D, just had to do that. Wink

I think Robin is who is. It's not unusual for people to change their hairstyles. I've done so myself a few times.

I don't understand why people are so upset about him doing this NIN gig. What does it matter to you really? If anything was going to happen with Guns anytime soon Robin wouldn't have gone back to NIN. But since there isn't, let the man rock for fucks sake.

That said, GN'R members have always had several ball in the air at the same time, ever siince the beginning. Nothing wierd about it imo.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2484 on: June 06, 2008, 08:16:03 AM »

It's so heartbreaking watching Robin prepare for a major tour while GNR sits idling at the starting gate.

Shit

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2485 on: June 06, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »

It's so heartbreaking watching Robin prepare for a major tour while GNR sits idling at the starting gate.

Shit

Boo fuckin' hoo! wtf?!

GN'R is basically just done with a major tour in case you didn't fuckin' notice.

And to my understanding the album is not out because GN'R sits idling in the starting gate. If anyone is, it's the recordcompany!

I don't get what you people are all about, fuckin' whining and bitching like you haven't been fucked properly since god knows when.

Get the fuck over it already. Jesus fuckin' christ!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #2486 on: June 06, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »

Shit

Boo fuckin' hoo! wtf?!

GN'R is basically just done with a major tour in case you didn't fuckin' notice.

And to my understanding the album is not out because GN'R sits idling in the starting gate. If anyone is, it's the recordcompany!

I don't get what you people are all about, fuckin' whining and bitching like you haven't been fucked properly since god knows when.

I agree 200%

Get the fuck over it already. Jesus fuckin' christ!

I Agree 200%

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2487 on: June 06, 2008, 10:35:19 AM »

Shit
....GN'R is basically just done with a major tour in case you didn't fuckin' notice...

hello? we have 2008  peace
the ~19 shows-tour they did in 2007 ended july 21.....thats about a year ago.

Re-Union time, baby!!
GeraldFord
« Reply #2488 on: June 06, 2008, 10:55:13 AM »

you would care what someone in a band looks like.   you're a bon jovi fan.

That's pretty lame. What does being into Bon Jovi have to do with anything?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2489 on: June 06, 2008, 11:14:14 AM »

I generally agree with you D, but not in this case. I think Robin changes styles because thats who he is. I dont think its fake or trying to be something.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2490 on: June 06, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »

what an awful haircut

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2491 on: June 06, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »

everyone has there own style ! like it or not Robin's current look is more of NIN style.  Which is ok ! he's PLAYING with them for the time being.  The door is left open for him to return go read www.gunsnroses.com hey if he comes back to gnr with a damn mohawk and a goatee I could care less.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2492 on: June 06, 2008, 03:26:26 PM »

It irks me to see Robin in these pics with NIN. I just wish he would say why hes doing what hes doing. He is usually good with communicating with the fans so Im really surprised he hasnt said anything yet. I guess we will find out if he says anything in the interviews on the tour. I would hope so. I dont want to find anything out thru Trents mouth though, I would like to hear it from Robin himself.

It just really sucks how this has unfolded for us and the band.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2493 on: June 06, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »

It irks me to see Robin in these pics with NIN. I just wish he would say why hes doing what hes doing. He is usually good with communicating with the fans so Im really surprised he hasnt said anything yet. I guess we will find out if he says anything in the interviews on the tour. I would hope so. I dont want to find anything out thru Trents mouth though, I would like to hear it from Robin himself.

It just really sucks how this has unfolded for us and the band.

if there aren't any plans for GnR to tour in the foreseeable future, then how can he know?   We have no idea how long its going to take for the album to come out and tour plans to be made.   Perhaps thats why he's not saying anything because its up to GnR to say something, and in the meantime his fans get to see him in NIN.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2494 on: June 06, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »

if there aren't any plans for GnR to tour in the foreseeable future, then how can he know?   We have no idea how long its going to take for the album to come out and tour plans to be made.   Perhaps thats why he's not saying anything because its up to GnR to say something, and in the meantime his fans get to see him in NIN.
What your saying makes sense but if CD is released this fall/winter then what your saying doesnt work. If CD isnt out this year then I hope Robin is gone for good and I hope the rest of the band follows because then it will just be a joke. With the new management, the Merk debacle, the positive press, and the supposed "its been done" statements, etc etc,  this album better show up this year.

But if CD is released this year then I dont see RObin returning. I dont see him ditching Trent mid tour when he made this kind of commitment. Which is why this makes no sense at all.

And whatever Robin is doing, he should release a statement. I think he owes that to us. Whatever his decision is.

I dont think hes waiting for GNR to say anything because Im sure he knew GNrs plans before jumping ship. Its been known that the album was done and finished since like January. Plus Im sure Axl, Beta or the band had contacted him as soon as they heard the news of him re joining NIN. And in those convos he was definately told what was going to go down.

I just think hes a goner and it sucks because the band and the fans dont need to be dealing with this bullshit right now. I personally think he left becausehe felt his time with GNR was done. 10+yrs multipls albums and tours. He put in a lot of work and patience. Maybe he left once he knew the albumwas turned over so he knewAxl wouldnt take his parts off?? Or maybe he just said fuk it I gave it all I could.....Robin should just come out with a statement like he normally does.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:42:18 PM by younggunner » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2495 on: June 06, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »

What your saying makes sense but if CD is released this fall/winter then what your saying doesnt work. If CD isnt out this year then I hope Robin is gone for good and I hope the rest of the band follows because then it will just be a joke. With the new management, the Merk debacle, the positive press, and the supposed "its been done" statements, etc etc,  this album better show up this year.
what are you going to do if it doesn't?

did it show up in 2007?  2006? 2005?  don't be surprsied if it doesn't happen this year either.   we don't know the negotiations going on behind the scenes or the circumstances.   but it may very well come out this year.

But if CD is released this year then I dont see RObin returning. Which is why this makes nosense at all.
i don't think we can make that speculation. 

And whatever Robin is doing, he should release a statement. I think he owes that to us. Whatever his decision is.
what is Robin doing?  he's touring with NIN.    If GnR isn't doing anything, there is nothing to announce.

he doesn't owe us a goddamn thing.   

I dont think hes waiting for GNR to say anything because Im sure he knew GNrs plans before jumping ship. Its been known that the album was done and finished since like January. Plus Im sure Axl, Beta or the band had contacted him as soon as they heard the news of him re joining NIN. And in those convos he was definately told what was going to go down.
more dumb speculation.

I just think hes a goner and it sucks because the band or the fans dont need to be dealing with this bullshit right now. I personally think he left becausehe felt his time with GNR was done. 10+yrs multipls albums and tours. He put in a lot of work and patience. Maybe he left once he knew the albumwas turned over so he knewAxl wouldnt take his parts off?? Or maybe he just said fuk it I gave it all I could.....Robin should just come out with a statement like he normally does.
more dumb speculation.  i'm done responding to people like you.  like you said, he normally makes statements about things like this, and the fact that he hasn't points to him not knowing what the future of GnR holds because the negotiations for the album are on-going.  Robin is the kind of person who would make a statement if he had no intention of playing with GnR any longer.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:46:24 PM by Rim Job » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2496 on: June 06, 2008, 03:52:56 PM »

Everyone gets a little hung up on this thing about "making a statement".  He didn't make a statement the first time he left and there was no statement when he returned.  You should be glad you got what you did from the Guns camp this time around.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2497 on: June 06, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »

Heh, I didn't recognize Robin in this latest pic:
http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=255333592861df5dfe45em6.jpg

The news that Robin Finck is to be with NIN for the foreseeable future kinda states he is out of Gn'R for the foreseeable future. The question is, how long is the foreseeable future? 1 day, 1 month, 1 year  peace
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2498 on: June 06, 2008, 03:55:59 PM »

what are you going to do if it doesn't?
just shake my head and begin to finally concede that this album will never come out.

did it show up in 2007?  2006? 2005?  don't be surprsied if it doesn't happen this year either.   we don't know the negotiations going on behind the scenes or the circumstances.   but it may very well come out this year.

The past is the past. Most of us have held on. Some have remained as passionate as ever while others have had there passion slowly drained over the past few years. Either way the same old story can only happen so many times. Enough is enough and if its not outin 08 then thats enough forme atleast.

There are so many excuses, bad luck, unforseen circumstances, etc one could take. I dont care about negotiations. Its time to produce a fukin product. Case Closed. No more excuse, stories, or whatever. Its time to do everything in your power to release the album. How many times can we go thru the same stuff? If they cant settle "negotiations" in one year(with top of theline mgmt), what makes you think they can settle it the next year or any year?

what is Robin doing?  he's touring with NIN.    If GnR isn't doing anything, there is nothing to announce.

he doesn't owe us a goddamn thing.  
Again, its all fine and dandy if he or anyone else wants to kill time. But playing in a NIN world tour is not killing time. It would be like Slash playing with Metallica or some big band while old GNR was on down time. It is what it is. It just doesnt make sense to me that he would commit to Trent if he knew he would go back to NIN. Axl thinks Trent is an asshole. Dont you think Robin knows that? The writing is on the wall my friend. Its not speculation its reality.

he doesn't owe us a goddamn thing
I disagree. I have fully supported Robin and this new lineup for a long time. I have appreciated and enjoyed his contribution to the new lineup. I became a fan. And as a little payback, as a fan, I would appreciate and expect, like he normally does, a little communication from him on his decision and why...either way.....

more dumb speculation.  i'm done responding to people like you.
  Cry

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:12:08 PM by younggunner » Logged

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #2499 on: June 06, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »

Robin in my opninion, aside from Axl was the comeback player of GNR in 2006. His style and performances certainly enhanced the GNR shows in 2006,2007 even though his  techinical expertise is definitly questionable when it comes to former comparisons. His presence in 2000-2002 was freaky and detracted from his playing and talents no matter how great YOU might consider him, that's what I and many fans think.

I think Robin got the memo that GNR will be inactive for a while like he and Josh Freese did in 1999 and Buckethead in 2004. While other members have side projects, these members have shown to have more commitment to a full time career alongside GNR while waiting and waiting with the rest of us. Axl can blame them all he wants for the delays, but the truth is that he may have bit more than he could chew with this musical extravaganza that has taken enormous time to concieve, plan and execute since 1994.

There's no other explanation for this and now I really doubt that the album will be out in 2008 or 2009. It would not surprise me though if and when album plans are announced that Robin could rejoin the group just as abruptly as he left it.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: