Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746402 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2400 on: June 03, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »

people just want a reason to complain...  those people ought to just find another place to complain.

complaining that there isn't a thread about Robin in NIN in the GnR section while they are posting in at thread about Robin being in NIN and its where?  The GnR section.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2401 on: June 03, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »

So , by that rational, if Axl joined NIN , we woundn't be able to talk about it  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2402 on: June 03, 2008, 07:32:25 PM »

Video of Bumble playing lead on Sweet Child.  I love his version and his outro solo.  Yet, he keeps it closer to original than Finck did.  If Finck is gone for good, Axl won't have to go far, Ron is already in the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jffH4pj73JY&feature=related
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #2403 on: June 03, 2008, 07:39:52 PM »

Video of Bumble playing lead on Sweet Child.  I love his version and his outro solo.  Yet, he keeps it closer to original than Finck did.  If Finck is gone for good, Axl won't have to go far, Ron is already in the band.

Ron does a nice job... the bass player should learn the song next time.  Are AJ and Ron friends?  His drumming in Twisted Sister was great
burnz007
Rocker

« Reply #2404 on: June 03, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »

I thought this was funny, Ron playing 18 and Life at a sound check... doesn't know the words
burnz007
Rocker

« Reply #2405 on: June 03, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »

oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEvUmxsKOro
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2406 on: June 03, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »

A lot of guitar players can play this solo closer to the original. There's a reason on why Robin had this solo and it I'm sure it wasn't about who can play closer to Slash.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2407 on: June 03, 2008, 10:45:16 PM »

A lot of guitar players can play this solo closer to the original. There's a reason on why Robin had this solo and it I'm sure it wasn't about who can play closer to Slash.

exactly.   its not about duplicating parts note for note.   Robin plays that solo better than anyone in the history of that song.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2408 on: June 04, 2008, 12:11:26 AM »

Robin has been playing it since 1999 at least.  He takes the solos.  Period.  Is he better at it?  No.  He is just different that Ron.  Ron's wasn't good cause it was like Slash's, it was good because though he kept true, he also put his spin on it.  I like his spin on it.  My point was if Finck does choose to not return, Ron is just fine.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2409 on: June 04, 2008, 06:31:19 AM »

exactly.   its not about duplicating parts note for note.   Robin plays that solo better than anyone in the history of that song.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA HA.................................

oh.....you WEREN'T joking............................................................. Undecided

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2410 on: June 04, 2008, 06:39:50 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA HA.................................

oh.....you WEREN'T joking............................................................. Undecided

I am not going to make this into a Robin vs. Slash thread, but i must say, tho it's very refreshing to hear robins versions, that Slash is technically in a different fuckin' league than Robin. I think all here agree on that it they think about it so no need to continue on this discussion.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #2411 on: June 04, 2008, 07:27:10 AM »

You guys still talking about this... man.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2412 on: June 04, 2008, 07:37:01 AM »

You guys still talking about this... man.

No we're not. Read the fuckin' thread.   man.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
greendog
« Reply #2413 on: June 04, 2008, 09:41:37 AM »

This threads surely got to be clocking up more words than the Bible.  hihi

Ohwell, at least its more interesting. Roll on another 121 pages before we find out what is actually happening.  beer
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2414 on: June 04, 2008, 10:52:52 AM »

Latest news surrounding this interesting topic.....Robin still plays off key 80% of the time  peace

This signature is very funny.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2415 on: June 04, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »

i wasn't making it robin v slash. I just thought it rdiculous to say that "Robin plays SCOM better than inyone in history" part. I've played better drunk in my bedroom!

I am not going to make this into a Robin vs. Slash thread, but i must say, tho it's very refreshing to hear robins versions, that Slash is technically in a different fuckin' league than Robin. I think all here agree on that it they think about it so no need to continue on this discussion.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2416 on: June 04, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »

What's the problem if someone have different taste? In fact, I agree with Jim Bob. I don't care if Slash wrote the original solo, I do care if Robin makes it better IMHO. I don't fucking care if anyone think otherwise.

Latest news surrounding this interesting topic.....Robin still plays off key 80% of the time  peace
And you're still making stupid comments 100% of the time. peace

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2417 on: June 04, 2008, 01:10:16 PM »

Slash is a washup, a has been, he's no longer in Guns N' Roses, and hasn't been for 12-14 years.  smoking   enough about him now, this thread is about Robin.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2418 on: June 04, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »

you are -again- trying to generate objective thoughts for the masses but they're only based on your own subjective opinion.
as for playing SCOM.....nice to concentrate on the solo only  hihi but there are enough good quality recordings from different shows where Robin even has a hard time playing the beginning/main riff correctly.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #2419 on: June 04, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »

Robin has been playing it since 1999 at least.  He takes the solos.  Period.  Is he better at it?  No.  He is just different that Ron.  Ron's wasn't good cause it was like Slash's, it was good because though he kept true, he also put his spin on it.  I like his spin on it.  My point was if Finck does choose to not return, Ron is just fine.
But i think it'll happen if Robin leaves. And... I also like his lead, but i like Robin's as well.
I love this one, even if the quality is shitty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fkfVZUMZ6c Cheesy

And you're still making stupid comments 100% of the time. peace
rofl

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: