Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 07:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747561 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2380 on: June 02, 2008, 01:13:46 PM »

Cineater -

I understand where you're coming from, about "flooding the boards."  Again - I somewhat agree with that fact.

I guess to sum up:  It's either ALL of them on this board, or NONE of them.  Flooding the board can be looked at in a couple of different ways:  I don't like being "flooded" with Richard playing with some Japanese band.  But then, when you say you don't care, people hit back with "But they're HUGE in Japan!  They get 100,000 people to their shows!"

OK, fine.  Then go find a Japan X board.  Don't put that shit up here, because that's NOT Guns N' Roses.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2381 on: June 02, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »

It's not all or none.   Is jarmo not allowed to use his own discernment here?  I think there' s a pretty obvious reason why it doesn't make sense to put the NIN dates up there, and the claims of "all or none" are absurd.

Why is jarmo held to this extreme standard of what some people consider to be objectivity?  Why don't we hold everyone here to that same standard?  Make it so every POST has to be completely objective too.  I mean, jarmo is fan, and is doing what he wants with this website, and we're doing what we want, but because jarmo has actually done something good for the community, creating this website and this forum that we all use, now he's being told what he should do and what's fair and blah blah blah.

I am damn glad this board is the way it is. 

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2382 on: June 02, 2008, 02:26:44 PM »

All your feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

I made a decision and I'm sticking to it.

I never intended my GN'R site to be a NIN fan site.

Making people aware of small gigs played by Frank, Richard or Ron is a bit different, than posting updates about an arena tour that you can read about on places such as MTV.com or RollingStone.com.

If you want to keep going on about it, go ahead.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #2383 on: June 02, 2008, 03:59:15 PM »

Totally understand.  It's your site.  I just wanted to bring up that observation I had, and I always enjoy a good debate. 

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2384 on: June 02, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »

"But they're HUGE in Japan!  They get 100,000 people to their shows!"

OK, fine.  Then go find a Japan X board.  Don't put that shit up here, because that's NOT Guns N' Roses.

that is, according to kerrang!  hihi
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kerrangxscan01ji0.jpg
thanks to a x japan board http://community.livejournal.com/xjapan/243996.html

it is reported that
Richard played just a few songs with other guest guitarists and impressed the crowds. good news for GNR fans.
And it was 150,000 people to three shows.
Only 3 dates as one of the guests, not a tour as a touring member.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 04:33:44 PM by ppbebe » Logged
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #2385 on: June 02, 2008, 04:53:16 PM »

I always felt Robin treated the GNR fans well, the fact that he isn't saying anything is dissapointing. When the other members do their side projects/gigs it is quite clear that Frank is not leaving to play with Pisser same as Richard and Dizzy (I think you could beat Dizzy and he would still be there). That in its sense is the difference to me, all things point that Robin is gone. Is someone going to argue that "maybe he doesn't know what his future is in GNR" but a little explanation would be cool. I think we deserve it. But who are we? we don't even know if Brain is in or out of the band, but I've always felt Brain arrogant with some of the things he has said in the past. Again my opinion.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #2386 on: June 02, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »

Dizzy's HNB deserves threads in the main section by all means. Not only is he a long-time member in GN'R but his side project HNB is very GN'R related as they mostly play GN'R covers.
Guest appearances by current GN'R members also make sense to be put in the main section.
The only news that maybe a little awkward for the main section would be anything that has to do with Ron's new album since this has nothing to do with GN'R or him being in GN'R, or representing GN'R in any way.
Some may consider Robin as a GN'R member in the long run but currently he is not. Right now he is a member of NIN and that is very clear. As such the  place for such news and his involvement with that band belongs to the Bad Obsession section.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #2387 on: June 02, 2008, 07:09:29 PM »

Dizzy's HNB deserves threads in the main section by all means. Not only is he a long-time member in GN'R but his side project HNB is very GN'R related as they mostly play GN'R covers.
Guest appearances by current GN'R members also make sense to be put in the main section.
The only news that maybe a little awkward for the main section would be anything that has to do with Ron's new album since this has nothing to do with GN'R or him being in GN'R, or representing GN'R in any way.
Some may consider Robin as a GN'R member in the long run but currently he is not. Right now he is a member of NIN and that is very clear. As such the  place for such news and his involvement with that band belongs to the Bad Obsession section.

Totally agree. That being said, if Robin is still a member and this is just for the time being. Why not just comunicate it to his fans. 

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2388 on: June 03, 2008, 03:01:11 AM »

Therefore, when the NIN begins this summer, I hope to see consistent updates on the NIN shows.  Robin is a CURRENT member of Gn'R, and we should be updated (on the main Gn'R message board) on his whereabouts at all times, just like the other CURRENT band members.   

That's not very likely to happen.  Cheesy

I know you can't be serious in your wish to turn the GN'R section into a NIN section....

/jarmo

I'm playing devil's advocate here, Jarmo.  Personally, I don't care about reading what's happening with Robin's NIN gigs.  But you know what?  I don't care that Frank is playing with some band, or that Bumblefoot is playing a charity concert, or that Tommy wants to get back with the Replacements, or Hookers n' Blow is playing in a bar in Podunk, USA either.  None of that has anything to do with Gn'R, except for the fact that they're all IN Gn'R.

I'm just asking what the difference is.  I noticed that people posted pics of Hookers n' Blow shows on the MAIN Gn'R board.  So I'm expecting someone to do the same with NIN shows when they start touring.

You can't pick and choose what members of Gn'R you want to keep tabs on.  You have to be fair to all.

Agree 100% with BKinNYC !!  ok

I've been coming to this site since the late 90's. It's were I get my GN'R-news. Including the small updates on current members sideprojects.
Don't think anyone want this site to turn into a NIN-site. I think we're all talking about small updates, aren't we?

Sure Jarmo can pick and choose which currunt members sideprojects are allowed to be posted, but it sure as heck doesn't make it right (or fair).

You can then argue that, if you want NIN-updates, go to MTV.com or rollingstone.com etc etc. But for me I'm not that interrested in all of NIN, I only want some info on Robin. If something was written in a magazine/site about a NIN-gig, and they mentioned Robin and/or a Gn'R comment etc etc in that regard. I would expect it to jump out at me when I entered HTGTH, just like all the other CURRENT members small sideproject-updates.

Stavanger-rock-city!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2389 on: June 03, 2008, 05:43:16 AM »

Therefore, when the NIN begins this summer, I hope to see consistent updates on the NIN shows.  Robin is a CURRENT member of Gn'R, and we should be updated (on the main Gn'R message board) on his whereabouts at all times, just like the other CURRENT band members.   

That's not very likely to happen.  Cheesy

I know you can't be serious in your wish to turn the GN'R section into a NIN section....

/jarmo

I'm playing devil's advocate here, Jarmo.  Personally, I don't care about reading what's happening with Robin's NIN gigs.  But you know what?  I don't care that Frank is playing with some band, or that Bumblefoot is playing a charity concert, or that Tommy wants to get back with the Replacements, or Hookers n' Blow is playing in a bar in Podunk, USA either.  None of that has anything to do with Gn'R, except for the fact that they're all IN Gn'R.

I'm just asking what the difference is.  I noticed that people posted pics of Hookers n' Blow shows on the MAIN Gn'R board.  So I'm expecting someone to do the same with NIN shows when they start touring.

You can't pick and choose what members of Gn'R you want to keep tabs on.  You have to be fair to all.

Agree 100% with BKinNYC !!  ok

I've been coming to this site since the late 90's. It's were I get my GN'R-news. Including the small updates on current members sideprojects.
Don't think anyone want this site to turn into a NIN-site. I think we're all talking about small updates, aren't we?

Sure Jarmo can pick and choose which currunt members sideprojects are allowed to be posted, but it sure as heck doesn't make it right (or fair).

You can then argue that, if you want NIN-updates, go to MTV.com or rollingstone.com etc etc. But for me I'm not that interrested in all of NIN, I only want some info on Robin. If something was written in a magazine/site about a NIN-gig, and they mentioned Robin and/or a Gn'R comment etc etc in that regard. I would expect it to jump out at me when I entered HTGTH, just like all the other CURRENT members small sideproject-updates.

Thats a great point right their,

Jarmo, mabye we could meet half way, and ONLY talk about Robins contributions/touring with nin, but nothing else outside of that,
that way, we can talk about robins guitars/current status throughout the tour, but keep everything outside of that, eg trent etc...
to a bare minimum...

I can nearly gaurantee that people on here would like to read about how the guitar hero that MADE the song Better is going, and how he is travelling...
Im not saying to turn this into a nin message board, hell I dont want that, but just to keep all the information in 1 thread about robins offerings Im sure wouldn't hurt
mabye we could substitute a Rolling Stone top 100 countdown thread that are always so popular... in replace of it  rofl

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2390 on: June 03, 2008, 08:22:53 AM »

I'm pretty sure there's a NIN's thread on this board. The simple solution is to direct all discussions considering Robin's activities in the band to that thread. It's really that simple.  Isn't it?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2391 on: June 03, 2008, 08:54:29 AM »

Yeah, try the Bad Obsession section...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #2392 on: June 03, 2008, 11:16:12 AM »

Yeah, try the Bad Obsession section...

So maybe the rest of the band members' activities should go there too.  In interest of fairness.  Since Robin is a current member like the rest of the guys.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2393 on: June 03, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »

Ok, let's face it: it's a matter of finding something to complain about the way negative things are posted here. Who cares about where the NIN thread is? Is it so important to have it here (even tho it's a major band) instead of another section?

Jarmo already pointed out why it's not in the main page. So you guys are suddenly worried about not being able to discuss about Robin's current project in the main section?

To be fair, if your point is that this means Robin is out, why the NIN thread isn't on the ex-members section?

I believe ppbebe hit the nail here:

Isn't it strange that those few who repeatedly state 'He's a goner' altho there's no confirmation are basically the ones who don't care for robin. Who don't care for any good news from the band. It's hard to believe they actually worry about it.
I dunno about all the people, but the majority for sure.

BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #2394 on: June 03, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »

Ok, let's face it: it's a matter of finding something to complain about the way negative things are posted here. Who cares about where the NIN thread is? Is it so important to have it here (even tho it's a major band) instead of another section?

Jarmo already pointed out why it's not in the main page. So you guys are suddenly worried about not being able to discuss about Robin's current project in the main section?

To be fair, if your point is that this means Robin is out, why the NIN thread isn't on the ex-members section?

Isn't it strange that those few who repeatedly state 'He's a goner' altho there's no confirmation are basically the ones who don't care for robin. Who don't care for any good news from the band. It's hard to believe they actually worry about it.

My point is just the opposite, actually.  I don't want to see ANY threads about what the current bandmembers are doing outside of Gn'R.  That includes Axl on Bach's album.  Which brings me to another point:  Bach is certainly bigger than Hookers n' Blow or Pisser, so why is he on the main Gn'R thread? 

See what I'm saying?  I just don't understand why there should be discrimination against one band member, just because he's touring with a bigger band.  And to answer your question - yes, it IS important to group all member's activities in one thread, if that's what your into.  Personally, this section of the message board is the only one I look at.  That's all.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2395 on: June 03, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »

I wasn't replying directly to you.

But still, you're saying YOU don't want to look to another section and YOU want to have no news about side projects. But it's not about you.

maynard
« Reply #2396 on: June 03, 2008, 12:17:28 PM »

My point is just the opposite, actually.  I don't want to see ANY threads about what the current bandmembers are doing outside of Gn'R.  That includes Axl on Bach's album.  Which brings me to another point:  Bach is certainly bigger than Hookers n' Blow or Pisser, so why is he on the main Gn'R thread? 

See what I'm saying?  I just don't understand why there should be discrimination against one band member, just because he's touring with a bigger band.  And to answer your question - yes, it IS important to group all member's activities in one thread, if that's what your into.  Personally, this section of the message board is the only one I look at.  That's all.

Yeah, you're completely right. Threads about Sebastian Bach ok? Robin not? Doesn't make any sense. I'm sure the users (whose opinions matter more than the admin, because you can't have a forum without users) would prefer to see what a "current" band member is doing than birthday threads, american idol threads and this kind of shit that gets threads every now and then.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #2397 on: June 03, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »

All your feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

I made a decision and I'm sticking to it.

I never intended my GN'R site to be a NIN fan site.

Making people aware of small gigs played by Frank, Richard or Ron is a bit different, than posting updates about an arena tour that you can read about on places such as MTV.com or RollingStone.com.

If you want to keep going on about it, go ahead.

/jarmo

I sympathise with your position.

From all the view points expressed I do think its fair that as long as the news relates to Robin (whether thats NIN, Ledaerial or Cirque du Soleil) I think it is fair enough to tell those interested about it.

But I also think that its the silence that breeds of all of the speculation and rumours and even the slightest bit of news from the GNR camp re: the album, new music or anything would put an end to all of this.  ok

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2398 on: June 03, 2008, 02:40:10 PM »

Threads about Sebastian Bach ok? Robin not? Doesn't make any sense. I'm sure the users (whose opinions matter more than the admin, because you can't have a forum without users) would prefer to see what a "current" band member is doing than birthday threads, american idol threads and this kind of shit that gets threads every now and then.

Seb article makes this section only when it's related to GNR.

I enjoy seeing what the band members are up to, solo projects or guest appearances. and hear from the people who are lucky to catch them.  That way we get to know them better.
Valuable Info Thanks to the updaters and fellow fans. I wouldn't know of these but for this board.
That's different from NIN info.
Besides, it's not like NIN was robins band.

Anyhoo if anyone is still worried, Robin is always here, at the top of the page next to axl. peace

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2399 on: June 03, 2008, 02:51:13 PM »

Threads about Sebastian Bach ok? Robin not? Doesn't make any sense.

Baz talking about the forthcoming GN'R album is a bit different than having threads talking about how Baz's show last night went or how great he sounded on I Remember You.

Show me a thread in the GN'R section dedicated to Baz's solo tour or his own album (excluding the songs with Axl on them).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: