Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 07:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747538 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2360 on: June 02, 2008, 12:15:25 AM »

Isn't it strange that those few who repeatedly state 'He's a goner' altho there's no confirmation are basically the ones who don't care for robin. Who don't care for any good news from the band. It's hard to believe they actually worry about it.

of course.. and its the same people who only seem to care about nothing but "the R word".  but thankfully most of that crowd are on other boards.  Smiley

I used to love Robin being in GNR ..... and I love "any good news" that I read or hear about GNR ..... and I am NOT a supporter of "the R word".......... but since he pulled this shit, I do hope it's true that Robin is "a goner".

As for the trolls n' spammers (and youze know who youze are), I find it laughable that the same peoples whining about the NIN dates not being on a GNR fan site's main page are also the same ones who were whining about the VR dates not being listed on the HTGTH site page.  But these same trolls n' spammers never acknowledge that both of these other bands' tour dates ARE listed on this forum in their proper threads!!!.

And the "JARMO!!!  ADMIT IT!!!  YOU'RE REALLY GNR's MANAGER!!! or YOU'RE REALLY AXL'S THIRD COUSIN TWICE REMOVED!!!" bit and adding the "BUT I'M NOT CRITICIZING HOW GNR OR HTGTH ARE RUN" bit (after youze criticize how GNR or HTGTH are run) is really getting old.  Roll Eyes

Not to be nitpicky here, but sorry, you're wrong about this.  Look at the GUNS N' ROSES message board.  Look at the threads.  I can plainly see threads on the bands that Frank, Dizzy and Bumble are playing with.   They are all current members, correct?  So, Robin is a current member.  He's doing a side-project with NIN.  Therefore, when the NIN begins this summer, I hope to see consistent updates on the NIN shows.  Robin is a CURRENT member of Gn'R, and we should be updated (on the main Gn'R message board) on his whereabouts at all times, just like the other CURRENT band members.   Correct?
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2361 on: June 02, 2008, 01:56:33 AM »

[/quote]

Not to be nitpicky here, but sorry, you're wrong about this.  Look at the GUNS N' ROSES message board.  Look at the threads.  I can plainly see threads on the bands that Frank, Dizzy and Bumble are playing with.   They are all current members, correct?  So, Robin is a current member.  He's doing a side-project with NIN.  Therefore, when the NIN begins this summer, I hope to see consistent updates on the NIN shows.  Robin is a CURRENT member of Gn'R, and we should be updated (on the main Gn'R message board) on his whereabouts at all times, just like the other CURRENT band members.   Correct?
[/quote]

Agreed!!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 01:58:55 AM by Naltav » Logged

Stavanger-rock-city!!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2362 on: June 02, 2008, 02:18:42 AM »

I think it would be cool to have all those opinions expressed freely here.  I love this board, and that is my only complaint about it.  It's the best place for GNR news and a great place for discussion.  I just think the rules make it hard to get a true cross-section of the fan base.  Jarmo, that's not meant to be a slam at you or the board, only my opinion of one rule.

actually what i LOVE about this place is I dont' have to listen to that portion of the fanbase.  Grin   I am so over those old tired discussions.  I'm interested in the here and now.

Robin ain't here right now.  Wink

[/b]

Disagreed. There's already plenty of forums for NIN discussion elsewhere on the web. The same can't be said for Hookers And Blow, and Frank and Bumble's projects.

And there goes the challenger...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2363 on: June 02, 2008, 02:28:34 AM »

actually what i LOVE about this place is I dont' have to listen to that portion of the fanbase.  Grin   I am so over those old tired discussions.  I'm interested in the here and now.

he hasn't left the band, he's doing what the rest of the band members are doing.. something else while there is downtime.   you can't say he is out unless he either announces it or the band announces it, or he doesn't show up on stage next time GnR perform.    Until then, he is the lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2364 on: June 02, 2008, 04:03:07 AM »

I think it would be cool to have all those opinions expressed freely here.  I love this board, and that is my only complaint about it.  It's the best place for GNR news and a great place for discussion.  I just think the rules make it hard to get a true cross-section of the fan base.  Jarmo, that's not meant to be a slam at you or the board, only my opinion of one rule.

actually what i LOVE about this place is I dont' have to listen to that portion of the fanbase.  Grin   I am so over those old tired discussions.  I'm interested in the here and now.

Not to be nitpicky here, but sorry, you're wrong about this.  Look at the GUNS N' ROSES message board.  Look at the threads.  I can plainly see threads on the bands that Frank, Dizzy and Bumble are playing with.   They are all current members, correct?  So, Robin is a current member.  He's doing a side-project with NIN.  Therefore, when the NIN begins this summer, I hope to see consistent updates on the NIN shows.  Robin is a CURRENT member of Gn'R, and we should be updated (on the main Gn'R message board) on his whereabouts at all times, just like the other CURRENT band members.   Correct?
[/b]

Disagreed. There's already plenty of forums for NIN discussion elsewhere on the web. The same can't be said for Hookers And Blow, and Frank and Bumble's projects.

Actually theirs a whole bumblefoot forum on bumblefoot.com to talk about bumble ...

and Mabye some people on here might want to track Robins activites on a gnr board, without having to sign up on numerous nin board...

Im not taking sides, but I dont see how just because nine inch nails is a bigger side project then what any of the current gnr members are doing,
 its seen as less "important" to talk about ... unless you want to join a nin message board...when people only want to track 1 person, not the whole nin activities...

just my 5 cents

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2365 on: June 02, 2008, 04:22:47 AM »

[/b]

C'mon! Yeah, that's most likely the reason....  Roll Eyes  ok  hihi  (and all the other appropriate smilies...)

Stavanger-rock-city!!
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #2366 on: June 02, 2008, 04:34:37 AM »

[/b]

Actually theirs a whole bumblefoot forum on bumblefoot.com to talk about bumble ...

and Mabye some people on here might want to track Robins activites on a gnr board, without having to sign up on numerous nin board...

Im not taking sides, but I dont see how just because nine inch nails is a bigger side project then what any of the current gnr members are doing,
 its seen as less "important" to talk about ... unless you want to join a nin message board...when people only want to track 1 person, not the whole nin activities...

just my 5 cents

word.

Regaless of how big the side project is it should still be listed , just like the other guys side stuff is.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2367 on: June 02, 2008, 05:11:28 AM »

[/b]

just my 5 cents

word.

Regaless of how big the side project is it should still be listed , just like the other guys side stuff is.

OK, now that this matter has been exposed with plenty of arguments by a fair amount of people (against little people using the word youze); I think we should adress this "situation".

The "situation" being, that Robin's involvement with the band is as ambiguous as ever !
 hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2368 on: June 02, 2008, 05:35:36 AM »

I wasn't gong to bother with this thread, but I think a lot of people are really missing the point, here. First and foremost I don't think Robin has left GNR, YES he is touring with NIN and I see a lot of arguments how Richard, Frank, Ron, Dizzy doing other things,.. and are demanding why than what Robin is don with NIN isn't posted on front page. Are allot of you completely dimwits.?   All the side projects that a lot of these guys do are with local fun bands, and listed on fliers when they do shows says "MEMBERS OF GUNS N ROSES", now how damn naive would you have to be to think that NIN fliers will say oh and BTW, ROBIN member of GNR? I think some of you people arguing are ridiculous, but hey if it makes you happy, BUT I think the answer is clear... Hes doing something like the others, and NIN is a major band, so they have web site  to talk about there going on. and no where ever did anyone in GNR camp say ROBIN is gone,I'm glad I didn't bother Richard or Frank to ask about it, cause regardless what they would say , many would still be here bitching!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2369 on: June 02, 2008, 07:10:38 AM »

so we could have a thread about robin discussing whether he is going to be in guns n roses in the future or not,
Basically, all the viewpoints are based on speculation and no facts whatsoever

but we can't address/talk about his involvment in nine inch nails which is fact?
I suppose we can always sign up to a nin message board, but why should we when little do we know, he is still an active member in gnr
so why cant we talk about his contributions to nine inch nails songs and his guitar playing in that ?
I guess we could always fill up another 100+ pages on nothing but speculations and false replys, but I think this would be more constructive...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2370 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:23 AM »

so we could have a thread about robin discussing whether he is going to be in guns n roses in the future or not,
Basically, all the viewpoints are based on speculation and no facts whatsoever

but we can't address/talk about his involvment in nine inch nails which is fact?
I suppose we can always sign up to a nin message board, but why should we when little do we know, he is still an active member in gnr
so why cant we talk about his contributions to nine inch nails songs and his guitar playing in that ?
I guess we could always fill up another 100+ pages on nothing but speculations and false replys, but I think this would be more constructive...
The great thing about HTGTH is that you CAN address/talk about it all you want right here:  ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=46530.0

As for the trolls n' spammers (and youze know who youze are), I find it laughable that the same peoples whining about the NIN dates not being on a GNR fan site's main page are also the same ones who were whining about the VR dates not being listed on the HTGTH site page.  But these same trolls n' spammers never acknowledge that both of these other bands' tour dates ARE listed on this forum in their proper threads!!!.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Death Cube K
« Reply #2371 on: June 02, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »

I wasn't gong to bother with this thread, but I think a lot of people are really missing the point, here. First and foremost I don't think Robin has left GNR, YES he is touring with NIN and I see a lot of arguments how Richard, Frank, Ron, Dizzy doing other things,.. and are demanding why than what Robin is don with NIN isn't posted on front page. Are allot of you completely dimwits.?   All the side projects that a lot of these guys do are with local fun bands, and listed on fliers when they do shows says "MEMBERS OF GUNS N ROSES", now how damn naive would you have to be to think that NIN fliers will say oh and BTW, ROBIN member of GNR? I think some of you people arguing are ridiculous, but hey if it makes you happy, BUT I think the answer is clear... Hes doing something like the others, and NIN is a major band, so they have web site  to talk about there going on. and no where ever did anyone in GNR camp say ROBIN is gone,I'm glad I didn't bother Richard or Frank to ask about it, cause regardless what they would say , many would still be here bitching!

Great, I'm already waiting for the GNR 2010 tour and the release of the album!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2372 on: June 02, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »

Therefore, when the NIN begins this summer, I hope to see consistent updates on the NIN shows.  Robin is a CURRENT member of Gn'R, and we should be updated (on the main Gn'R message board) on his whereabouts at all times, just like the other CURRENT band members.   

That's not very likely to happen.  Cheesy

I know you can't be serious in your wish to turn the GN'R section into a NIN section....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2373 on: June 02, 2008, 10:00:01 AM »

I still think the thing is if there are 3 albums done, Robin is probably done recording with GNR for a while ( I know Baz had the comment about 2012 for one of the album releases)-Robin will be paid for work done on them, it's possible he looked at NIN as a more active band as far as touring goes-it's basically which band to tour with, which to make more money touring with-if there are 3 albums in the can, he might consider his work done

libertad
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2374 on: June 02, 2008, 10:32:49 AM »

Therefore, when the NIN begins this summer, I hope to see consistent updates on the NIN shows.  Robin is a CURRENT member of Gn'R, and we should be updated (on the main Gn'R message board) on his whereabouts at all times, just like the other CURRENT band members.   

I know you can't be serious in your wish to turn the GN'R section into a NIN section....

/jarmo

Maybe it makes sense to create a new section to discuss current member side projects.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #2375 on: June 02, 2008, 11:37:56 AM »

I still think the thing is if there are 3 albums done, Robin is probably done recording with GNR for a while ( I know Baz had the comment about 2012 for one of the album releases)-Robin will be paid for work done on them, it's possible he looked at NIN as a more active band as far as touring goes-it's basically which band to tour with, which to make more money touring with-if there are 3 albums in the can, he might consider his work done

The thing is, at this point Robin seems to have no choice about his work being done with GNR. There's no tour dates, no release date, no hint of any activity whatsoever, no news from GNR management, no news from the label, so we're left to conclude that these negotiations that have supposedly been going on for several months have progressed bugger all thus far.

The question has never been why Robin went to NIN, because the answers are obvious - he's a guitarist, and he wants to be out there playing rather than sat at home twiddling knobs and waiting for some bizarre grand scheme to fall into place. All that matters is whether he will be available to GNR when/if anything ever happens.

And there goes the challenger...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2376 on: June 02, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »

Are allot of you completely dimwits.?   All the side projects that a lot of these guys do are with local fun bands, and listed on fliers when they do shows says "MEMBERS OF GUNS N ROSES", now how damn naive would you have to be to think that NIN fliers will say oh and BTW, ROBIN member of GNR? I think some of you people arguing are ridiculous, but hey if it makes you happy, BUT I think the answer is clear... Hes doing something like the others, and NIN is a major band, so they have web site  to talk about there going on. and no where ever did anyone in GNR camp say ROBIN is gone,

exactly. and that'd be enough.
Or NIN fans would be very enthused to see such a flyer or a clarification. regardless, he'll give his all while he's performing for them.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #2377 on: June 02, 2008, 12:36:13 PM »

/jarmo

I'm playing devil's advocate here, Jarmo.  Personally, I don't care about reading what's happening with Robin's NIN gigs.  But you know what?  I don't care that Frank is playing with some band, or that Bumblefoot is playing a charity concert, or that Tommy wants to get back with the Replacements, or Hookers n' Blow is playing in a bar in Podunk, USA either.  None of that has anything to do with Gn'R, except for the fact that they're all IN Gn'R.

I'm just asking what the difference is.  I noticed that people posted pics of Hookers n' Blow shows on the MAIN Gn'R board.  So I'm expecting someone to do the same with NIN shows when they start touring.

You can't pick and choose what members of Gn'R you want to keep tabs on.  You have to be fair to all.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2378 on: June 02, 2008, 01:08:22 PM »

/jarmo

I'm playing devil's advocate here, Jarmo.  Personally, I don't care about reading what's happening with Robin's NIN gigs.  But you know what?  I don't care that Frank is playing with some band, or that Bumblefoot is playing a charity concert, or that Tommy wants to get back with the Replacements, or Hookers n' Blow is playing in a bar in Podunk, USA either.  None of that has anything to do with Gn'R, except for the fact that they're all IN Gn'R.

I'm just asking what the difference is.  I noticed that people posted pics of Hookers n' Blow shows on the MAIN Gn'R board.  So I'm expecting someone to do the same with NIN shows when they start touring.

You can't pick and choose what members of Gn'R you want to keep tabs on.  You have to be fair to all.

You have a good point and you're right it would be fair.  However NIN are an arena type act, you can find their info all over the net so lets not flood this board with it.  How about if something is said about GNR with the NIN stuff it would be fair to post it here?  General NIN stuff could be left to their boards.  What do you think?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2379 on: June 02, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »

This is an excellent post, and I agree with you 100% (hopefully others do , as well)

Hearing some things on Finck playing with NIN is a bit more interesting than hearing about Frank Ferrer and the legendary " Pisser"  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: