Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 07:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748298 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2320 on: May 31, 2008, 05:50:05 AM »

If he's gone, why didn't they say anything?

That is a two way street. If he is in why didn't he say anything?

Personally, I doubt if he knows one way, or the other.

And JB, ain't nothing black and white.

Gray areas DO exist, but nothing needs to be said because:

A) There might not be a release at this point in time
B) There is no tour at this moment for which Robin's services are required
C) We aren't owed an explanation because what we have now is good enough

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2321 on: May 31, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »

... but this is the "tubes", and the title ask for subjectivity.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2322 on: May 31, 2008, 06:27:58 AM »

... but this is the "tubes", and the title ask for subjectivity.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2323 on: May 31, 2008, 06:31:09 AM »

Apocalypse fucking Now ... it begins!!!

... or did you smell just my breath?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2324 on: May 31, 2008, 06:33:38 AM »

Apocalypse fucking Now ... it begins!!!

... or did you smell just my breath?

Nothing else in the world smells like it...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2325 on: May 31, 2008, 06:35:01 AM »

So, I've been told, but it does melt steel.

EDIT: In your honor, I have just returned from the "bunker" with a bottle "Old Rip" 123°, 15 year old. Cheers my freind!!!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:53:20 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2326 on: May 31, 2008, 08:50:25 AM »

I mean to be perfectly honest my man, how many other phrases can sum it up that people should just get on with their daily lives happy in the fact that one day our favourite band will soon have an album coming out other than the one I used? But shit eh! I coined a phrase that was nearly similar to one our man Axl used a long time ago during a show, and you were clever/sad enough to remember it, quote it and bring it up on a message board! Congratulations! You must have a lot going on in your life!

thats what i was saying ..but obviously my point went way over your head...as for being 31 years old ... so what congratulations...want a cookie? if there is one thing i've learned over the years on these forums, your age and number of times you've see the bands has nothing to do with how big a fan you are...not one of us is any better than another...cuz xomeone is frustrated at the moment makes them a shitty fan? get a fucking clue

you dont know what is happening in other people's lives especially my own so dont assume too much...and my post wasnt necessarily directed at you...you just happened to be the latest jackass to use that quote

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2327 on: May 31, 2008, 09:00:41 AM »

That's the point. Just read what I quoted and you'll know why I said that.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2328 on: May 31, 2008, 09:33:52 AM »

That's the point. Just read what I quoted and you'll know why I said that.

We're in a loop, and I'm getting dizzy.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2329 on: May 31, 2008, 10:30:39 AM »

you just happened to be the latest jackass to use that quote

First you go on about how you say some think they're better than others and then you have to insult the poster.

Awesome!

Regarding your love for all things speculation. Maybe you don't see the other side of the coin. All the "I read" or "I heard" posts that usually follows.

Or even "better", the "it's rumored that" when in fact the person stating that made it up and it's his/her own personal theory, not a rumor!

Yeah, we try to keep that to a minimum.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2330 on: May 31, 2008, 01:56:41 PM »

well in all the other threads you see people refer to this whole fiasco as "Robin's Departure", which simply isn't accurate.    Will the time come when Robin needs to decide which band he wants to be in?  possibly, but right now, GnR isn't active and he is touring with NIN.    He hasn't officially left the band and when people see phrases thrown around like "Robin's Departure" they will assume he left.   That is spreading falsehoods.      I am on the fence on the whole thing until the situation plays itself out.  But some of you guys want to insist you know otherwise.

and neemo, if i am an optimist, what does that make you?  a pessimist?   sorry dude but if something made me so negative and pessimistic, I would simply find other interests.  and i dont know why you feel the need to bring up that tired old band/new band stuff and then follow it up with you not wanting to hear my thoughts on it.    if you don't want to hear it, don't bring it up.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2331 on: May 31, 2008, 02:08:09 PM »

well in all the other threads you see people refer to this whole fiasco as "Robin's Departure", which simply isn't accurate.    Will the time come when Robin needs to decide which band he wants to be in?  possibly, but right now, GnR isn't active and he is touring with NIN.    He hasn't officially left the band and when people see phrases thrown around like "Robin's Departure" they will assume he left.   That is spreading falsehoods.      I am on the fence on the whole thing until the situation plays itself out.  But some of you guys want to insist you know otherwise.

and neemo, if i am an optimist, what does that make you?  a pessimist?   sorry dude but if something made me so negative and pessimistic, I would simply find other interests.  and i dont know why you feel the need to bring up that tired old band/new band stuff and then follow it up with you not wanting to hear my thoughts on it.    if you don't want to hear it, don't bring it up.

Jim Bob, you are obviously a Purist...... rofl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2332 on: May 31, 2008, 02:10:51 PM »

fuck yea mang  ok  the purest of the pure
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2333 on: May 31, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »

you just happened to be the latest jackass to use that quote

First you go on about how you say some think they're better than others and then you have to insult the poster.

Awesome!

when he is the one telling me to get a life like he knows me, when in fact he doesnt know jack shit about me then yeah i consider him a jackass...when he starts showing people respect then i'll give him some as well.  ok

Regarding your love for all things speculation. Maybe you don't see the other side of the coin. All the "I read" or "I heard" posts that usually follows.

Or even "better", the "it's rumored that" when in fact the person stating that made it up and it's his/her own personal theory, not a rumor!

Yeah, we try to keep that to a minimum.

well how many people really make up false rumors? in the grand scheme of things? maybe 1 or 2% of all posters? and for your information i am one that tries to debunk the rumors....i'm after the truth too man....i just do it differently than you...does that make me a negative bad fan? if you really consider me one who fuels false rumors then you should read my posts a bit more carefully

, i consider myself a realist...i tell it like i see it, i fail to see how i'm so negative tbh, there are others who harp on the current band more than i ever could and i hardly am one that should get the finger pointed at for constant references to the old band if anyone knows that, its you Wink in fact i have been applauding the recent news...the richard & ron interviews that have shed a bit of light as to their involvements with the album, excuse me if i think its a bit sad that the fan base seems to have given up on a whole or that we need to get foreign magazine articles translated to find any scrap of info...why doesnt gnr use their website to promote the current guys? articles so peopel can get to know them a bit better? that would be kinda cool wouldnt it? maybe a little bio of each guy? no wait thats prolly asking a bit much...  hihi

....and to turn the tables a bit here, there are others, including you who, in fact, go out of their way to demean the guys who helped skyrocket the gnr name into legendary status, the guys who wrote the stuff that makes it feasible for Axl to get a new band with the current guys and tour the world since 2001 playing the old material...the slandering of the orig band, I dont understand, i dont think i ever will but to each his own ... and i do have other interests...but i dont think this is the section to get into them nor do i really think you care what my other interests are

and no i havent been posting much about gnr lately....not much more to say tbh, but its cool i stick around and when something finally happens i'll add my 2 cents

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2334 on: May 31, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »

when he is the one telling me to get a life like he knows me, when in fact he doesnt know jack shit about me then yeah i consider him a jackass...when he starts showing people respect then i'll give him some as well.  ok

Interesting.

Maybe he was just speculating about your life?

Not knowing anything about the subject has never stopped others has it?

well how many people really make up false rumors? in the grand scheme of things? maybe 1 or 2% of all posters? and for your information i am one that tries to debunk the rumors....i'm after the truth too man....i just do it differently than you...does that make me a negative bad fan? if you really consider me one who fuels false rumors then you should read my posts a bit more carefully

I was giving you an example of why we have less respect for bullshit than maybe other sites.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #2335 on: May 31, 2008, 04:39:47 PM »

rofl oh my god that made me spit my coke all over the monitor.

but yea it sucks for people when false things are assumed about them, just like it sucks for axl when people assume false things about him.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2336 on: May 31, 2008, 05:42:11 PM »

I was giving you an example of why we have less respect for bullshit than maybe other sites.

regardless on whether its true or not peopel still wanna talk about their favorite band instead of being told what they can and can't talk about

rofl oh my god that made me spit my coke all over the monitor.

but yea it sucks for people when false things are assumed about them, just like it sucks for axl when people assume false things about him.

i cant believe you guys are comparing me to axl...I know you both love me and all but really you shouldn't  Roll Eyes

Axl is free to come on here and tell me that i'm full of shit about my speculation about gnr.

and I hate to break it to you guys but being a public figure usually mean that the public will both critizise and praise you or make outlandish story's about you ... it comes with the territory, get over it

now if you'll excuse me i just ate my last cheesy and i need to go open another bag before i can post again

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2337 on: May 31, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »

Nobody's comparing you to Axl. Trust me on that one.

The fact that speculating and bullshit is ok in one case and not in another when it affects you, is just a bit amusing and I made little joke about it.

As I said, not knowing anything hasn't stopped you or anybody else from speculating.

Why should it stop Mike?  Wink

Regarding your "it comes with the territory" philosophy, that's true. It doesn't mean we have to think it's ok though.

If you're against lies and bullshit, it shouldn't matter who the victim of the lies and bullshit is. A celebrity or your neighbor. It shouldn't matter.

regardless on whether its true or not peopel still wanna talk about their favorite band instead of being told what they can and can't talk about

People are also free to find some place else to talk about those things.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:41:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2338 on: May 31, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »

anyway back on topic here...

Quote from: www.gunsnroses.com
Robin's plans caught everyone in Guns, as well as our fans, a bit off-guard.

Really, Del James' private e-mail that someone took upon themselves to post publicly is the best way for us to address things at this time: "Only Robin knows what Robin's doing."

Neither we nor management, etc., know any more in this regard and we prefer not to speculate or offer opinions at this time.

Robin's Robin. We're in negotiations for the release of "Chinese Democracy" and things are going well.

When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.

Our thanks to those who continue to show their support.

Guns N' Roses

Robin is touring with NIN...and he left and didnt tell anyone in the GnR camp..that much we know...i think we can all agree that that doest look good at all at first glance...can you blame people for worrying about his future with the band they love?

ultimately it comes down to whether he has left or not...he's either gone or hes coming back thats ultimately what it comes to

some peopel will think one thing, some will think the other...whatever side you choose is cool, but if someone feels differently than you it doesnt mean that they are losing sleep over it or not going about their day to day thing...i mean get real

the way i see it? well Robin didnt tell his gnr band mates then he left for NIN...and in doing so i would think he knew full well his tenure with GnR may possibly be over....or maybe he didnt bother to think that far ahead...i dunno anyway from the update on gnr.com its obvious they are leaving the door open...personally i think the ball is in Robin's court at the moment, i think his future with the band is in his own hands...will he come back? dunno...but at the moment hes not in, which to me is cause for at least a bit of concern...the fact that any member who is asked about it declines comment is a bit of a concern as well..and robin hasn't updated us either....anyway in my mind there is only one thing that is positive, that's that axl left the door open for his return...everything else doesnt look good at all

but i guess only time will tell what the outcome of this latest twist in the CD saga will be..but to me just latching on one positive thing and ignoring everythign else is just as bad as dwelling soley on the negative aspects

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2339 on: May 31, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »

The longer the wait the better the news.

Id say if Robin were gone, we would've heard something by now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: