Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 12:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748516 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2060 on: May 06, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »

It really puzzles me how any GN'R fan can say that.
Show me the muscle Jarmo. Wheres the star poweR? Is Bfoot or FOrtus a star?

Tommy is a star no doubt. But he is a bassist. Like I said in my previous posts, Rock bands are mainly about Frontmen and Lead Guitars

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2061 on: May 06, 2008, 10:53:28 AM »

Tommy is a star no doubt. But he is a bassist. Like I said in my previous posts, Rock bands are mainly about Frontmen and Lead Guitars

Axl fucking Rose.

Robin became this so called star to many of you thanks to GN'R. Where was he before GN'R? He was playing at Cirque du Soleil shows.

Don't forget that.

You seem to think Buckethead and Robin are the only "stars" in the universe.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2062 on: May 06, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »

Now its a solid band without that star power or appeal.

Did you notice how they managed to go on without Buckethead? It seemed like people at the shows weren't missing him. Except you and a few others.

Why is that? Because Axl's still there!

How you can come to the conclusion, that a band featuring one of the most known and talented singers that have come around in the last 20+ years, is lacking star power or appeal is just very puzzling.

/jarmo

As far as I know this isn't the Axl Rose project, its a band. Are you sure you're not in the same "fan" category as Atilla?

All you seem to care about is Axl Huh

If it is a band, why is it a problem for people who are fans of the band to miss the people that got them interested in this line up. If it wasn't for Robin and Buckethead and really wouldn't have been interested in the new GNR.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:56:01 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2063 on: May 06, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »

I care about GN'R, and it's not just one person.

It's a team with a captain.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2064 on: May 06, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »

I care about GN'R, and it's not just one person.

It's a team with a captain.

/jarmo

So... You choose to reguard one member over another, why can't others? It really doesn't seem like you care about the band at all. Axl seems to be all that matters.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:01:31 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2065 on: May 06, 2008, 11:05:55 AM »

So... You choose to reguard one member over another, why can't others?

Well only one guy has been there since day one.

Most GN'R fans know that.

Smiley

My feelings towards the band don't need any explanation or defending.

/jarmo

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2066 on: May 06, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »

I came to the conclusion long ago this would be a NIN type band, with Axl and changing members, which is fine I guess

libertad
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2067 on: May 06, 2008, 11:19:53 AM »

Axl fucking Rose.

Robin became this so called star to many of you thanks to GN'R. Where was he before GN'R? He was playing at Cirque du Soleil shows.

Don't forget that.

/jarmo

I haven't forgot where Robin came from. I'm more worried about where GNR is now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2068 on: May 06, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »

Jim Bob and D, you two are fucking hilarious.  Ali, shooting down the middle. 

Here are my $.02.

Finck is HIGHLY Replacable.  Jim Bob, how many of Finck's Bends in the solo you posted were out of pitch?  Almost all of them.  He isn't the best live guitar player of this era.  Not when you got Dough Aldrich, Buckethead, Fortus, Zakk Wylde, and Mike McCready in this era. 

Robin has become a major face though in the band.  But so was Bucket.  If he stays, cool, but if not, I must side with D that it won't be a huge loss.  That is just instinct.  It could be huge, but the 2 players that seemed to be missed the most are Bucket and Slash.  Nobody misses Tobias.   I love Fortus, but wouldn't "miss" him because he doesn't get to shine as much as Finck eventhough he is a much better player.  And as far as Bumble goes, he is probably the most gifted or top 5 anyway, players on the planet.  The dude is sick, but his style isn't GNR. 

Ali, GNR needs an identity and a sound.  The lead player should be able to cover all bases in that style.  GNR used to be, and could have changed, a blues based HARD ROCK band.  Not a speed metal or prog or industrial band.  Axl never had to "up the ante" long ago with old players.  Infact, he often thanked them for connecting with him muscially with what they came up with.  So like D, I wonder too how much faith Axl had in Robin and who else could put up with Axl's long process.  Maybe Finck was the most dependable option. 

I wish all the best.

Yes, Axl never had to "up the ante" with the old band.  But, the old band stuck almost exclusively to its blues-based roots.  They weren't as stylistically diverse as this new band.  The new band draws on such varied influences that it is inevitable a player's natural limitations will be exposed.

Slash never had his stylistic limitations tested or exposed because the old band never veered outside its blues-based hard rock roots.  At least, not very far.

Ali
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2069 on: May 06, 2008, 11:44:36 AM »

Guns N Roses isn't the band it started out as...the lineup has changed, the music has changed, the image has changed and so has the attitude and style of music. The only thing that remains the same is the lead singer/songwriter. For me as a young teen when Guns N Roses first came on the scene, the 5 guys were GNR, I couldn't see the band working if they lost any of those members but it did. Axl Rose is the only remaining star in Guns N Roses and always will be. If Robin leaves its no big deal for me anymore. I like him but GNR is a revolving door of musicians so I'm not surprised.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2070 on: May 06, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »

The more I hear from Jarmo, the more this sounds like a Solo artist and not a Band.  That is cool.  At least he has a cool name in Guns N Roses, how many solo artists can say that.  However, he could have played the Ozzy Osbourne card and been just as big with Axl Rose. 
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2071 on: May 06, 2008, 12:15:20 PM »

A dumb comment

Nope, I think of the 150 posts I made on this forum, about 6 or 7 were for you and I mocked your childish style with mis-info in each, try better next time with your reply  peace

You replied to each of mine, writing long essays of rhetoric I didn't even read after the first sentence, hehe  hihi

I am a bit surprised you backed off on the usual rhetoric on this one....oh, I see..you are starting a new copy of the same broken record, the other one was worn out   ok

This signature is very funny.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #2072 on: May 06, 2008, 12:20:35 PM »

I like Robin's playing.

I can understand why people say he would be replaceable and that the band would be fine without him. I think that would be true in a live show. However, for all we know he may have been a HUGE contributor to the writing of the material Guns have in the vault right now and if it's good (judgement reserved untill the release of CD) he may well be irreplaceable. Remember, we've heard hardly any of the new material and this guy could have written some killer stuff - Axl can't have kept him just for his live performances all these years.

More so, I want Guns N' Roses to succeed with this album and drag the name back out of the mud. As far as I'm concerned any member leaving now is bad because this band has gone through so many changes that it's become a bit of a joke. The longer we have one stable band, the better for Guns N' Roses' ailing reputation.

@#$%Funker
Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2073 on: May 06, 2008, 01:06:40 PM »

Overall, I look at Robin's departure as a positive. I honestly think he held the band back from evolving to it's fullest potential. What guns needs is a lead guitar player who can take this band to the next level. That somebody was not Robin Finck.

I just hope Robin's departure doesn't force Axl to delay this album for too many more years.  drool
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2074 on: May 06, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »

The more I hear from Jarmo, the more this sounds like a Solo artist and not a Band. 

Because you don't understand English?  Roll Eyes

This band is a sum of its parts with Axl as the leader. He's been there before any of the others.

See where I say band?

To many of you GN'R seems like the Robin (and/or Buckethead) show.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2075 on: May 06, 2008, 01:18:05 PM »

Did you notice how they managed to go on without Buckethead? It seemed like people at the shows weren't missing him. Except you and a few others.

Why is that? Because Axl's still there!

How you can come to the conclusion, that a band featuring one of the most known and talented singers that have come around in the last 20+ years, is lacking star power or appeal is just very puzzling.

Yea they managed to move on from Bucket. But I have always been of the opinion that it still is a major loss.

Your stating the obivious. No shit Axl is the star power of the band. If you read my posts you would actually understand what I mean...BESIDES AXL.....Its important for a band to have a star at the lead spot.

Don't forget that.

And thats why Axl Rose is great. He made some kid from NJ appreciate two guitarists that he would have never heard otherwise. He gave them the platform and they stepped up.

Buckethead was the ultimate match because he is arguably better than Slash. Plus he is a creative guy and his image was perfect. Hes weird, crazy, and can play. The perefect recipe to overcome any Slash or old gnr discussion.

Robin imo is a notch below Bucket. He was the foundation of the new band. He and Tommy. The band could get by without Bucket but not withought he and Robin its a set back.

Yea GNR will move on no doubt. But in terms of an actual identity its long gone. BFoot cant replace Robin or Bucket, never mind Slash....

Like I mentioned in an earlier post...For the longest time the delays and the waiting for the album were the fucked up part of the situation. Now we are going to get the album but the other aspect, the actual band, is the focal point and to some if the fucked up part. What a crazy ride this has been!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2076 on: May 06, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »

What I don't get is why everyone is still all up in arms about Robin's leaving. Until we know for sure it doesn't seem that there's anything to get all worked up about.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2077 on: May 06, 2008, 01:20:09 PM »

Overall, I look at Robin's departure as a positive. I honestly think he held the band back from evolving to it's fullest potential. What guns needs is a lead guitar player who can take this band to the next level. That somebody was not Robin Finck.

I just hope Robin's departure doesn't force Axl to delay this album for too many more years.  drool

again, you are posting like he's gone.   until we have word that he is not in the band, stop talking about it like he's left because you put off the wrong idea in your posts.   
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2078 on: May 06, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

What I don't get is why everyone is still all up in arms about Robin's leaving. Until we know for sure it doesn't seem that there's anything to get all worked up about.

pretty much.  its useless to speculate,  but some of these guys (most of which also happen to not like Robin) want to act like he's for sure a goner and are posting like he's offically left the band.     this is a useless discussion because everyone in the band is out doing their own thing and we wont know who is going to be back until GnR finalizes some plans.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2079 on: May 06, 2008, 01:34:41 PM »

Yea they managed to move on from Bucket. But I have always been of the opinion that it still is a major loss.

Glad you pointed out that it's just your opinion and not a fact.

Your stating the obivious. No shit Axl is the star power of the band. If you read my posts you would actually understand what I mean...BESIDES AXL.....Its important for a band to have a star at the lead spot.

And you missed my point.

Buckethead was the so called star, then it was Robin... Do you see a pattern here?

Let me give you a clue, both have played lead guitar at GN'R shows.

You don't think it'll work out that way in the future either with Robin or whoever occupies that position in GN'R?

Because I do.

I also believe that Richard and Ron are more than capable of stepping up to that "star thing" if needed. They all played solos during the shows which proved that the band isn't just about one lead guitar player. They're all very capable guitar players.

You just chose to focus on a guy and make him the star.

And thats why Axl Rose is great. He made some kid from NJ appreciate two guitarists that he would have never heard otherwise. He gave them the platform and they stepped up.

See above.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: