Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 10:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 748408 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2040 on: May 06, 2008, 02:30:19 AM »

Jim Bob and D, you two are fucking hilarious.  Ali, shooting down the middle. 

Here are my $.02.

Finck is HIGHLY Replacable.  Jim Bob, how many of Finck's Bends in the solo you posted were out of pitch?  Almost all of them.  He isn't the best live guitar player of this era.  Not when you got Dough Aldrich, Buckethead, Fortus, Zakk Wylde, and Mike McCready in this era. 

Robin has become a major face though in the band.  But so was Bucket.  If he stays, cool, but if not, I must side with D that it won't be a huge loss.  That is just instinct.  It could be huge, but the 2 players that seemed to be missed the most are Bucket and Slash.  Nobody misses Tobias.   I love Fortus, but wouldn't "miss" him because he doesn't get to shine as much as Finck eventhough he is a much better player.  And as far as Bumble goes, he is probably the most gifted or top 5 anyway, players on the planet.  The dude is sick, but his style isn't GNR. 

Ali, GNR needs an identity and a sound.  The lead player should be able to cover all bases in that style.  GNR used to be, and could have changed, a blues based HARD ROCK band.  Not a speed metal or prog or industrial band.  Axl never had to "up the ante" long ago with old players.  Infact, he often thanked them for connecting with him muscially with what they came up with.  So like D, I wonder too how much faith Axl had in Robin and who else could put up with Axl's long process.  Maybe Finck was the most dependable option. 

I wish all the best.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2041 on: May 06, 2008, 03:18:26 AM »

I just cant get over his horrible guitar solos before SCOM. those were ridiculously amateurish bad.
I was at this show and this pre-scom solo was one the highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq80HhFp11o

and then this was pretty fucking sweet.  far from amateurish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGg3DE40LU

The guy has to prove that he can write amazing stuff consistently.
touring relentlessly with 2 of the biggest bands of our time isn't good enough for you?   

Finck is one of the best live guitarists of this era.   The fact that he is going back and forth between two of this era's most notorious perfectionists and frontmen should tell you something.

dude you worship JBJ
your standards are very wicked
ouch  smoking

That first solo is fuckin' aweful... Are you tone death? The first minute of it made me stand on my head in the couch out of pure embarassement.

I like robin, but like i said earlier, he is very replaceable... Axl basically said so himself.

Robin also did a "great" solo in rir... I think that if we start digging into this we'll find alot of shit..
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 03:20:32 AM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2042 on: May 06, 2008, 04:25:38 AM »

I was at this show and this pre-scom solo was one the highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq80HhFp11o

That is without a doubt one of the most terrible 'solos' I've ever heard. Half the time he's holding a single note and bending it while shaking his head. Robin needs lessons in bending notes. Or maybe he's the one who's tone deaf confused

Fuck 'Em All.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2043 on: May 06, 2008, 04:47:20 AM »

Robin was the coolest thing about this line up rant

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2044 on: May 06, 2008, 05:11:34 AM »

Robin was the coolest thing about this line up rant

I like my beer cold, and my guitar playes cool

and the guitar players I like cool, are the ones that can actually fuckin perform live

heres to the only 2 COOL guitarists of gnr 2004-present that are cool and in conjunction, can keep me captivated live!

RICHARD AND FUCKIN RON

ROCK ON THE R DUO

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2045 on: May 06, 2008, 07:07:20 AM »

Trying to compare three guitarist (or 4 for the Slashheads) with 4 very different styles is completely fucking stupid.

Robin is a fantastic guitarist. He's not trying to be anything he isn't. If you want to argue who plays with feeling or whatever, that's your wasted time you could've been jerking off... at least you'd have something to show for it when you were done. If you can't see how his playing is important and is the foundation of this band that's your problem.

If he's so "replaceable" why couldn't axl replace him the last time?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:10:04 AM by misterID » Logged

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2046 on: May 06, 2008, 07:30:04 AM »

Trying to compare three guitarist (or 4 for the Slashheads) with 4 very different styles is completely fucking stupid.

Robin is a fantastic guitarist. He's not trying to be anything he isn't. If you want to argue who plays with feeling or whatever, that's your wasted time you could've been jerking off... at least you'd have something to show for it when you were done. If you can't see how his playing is important and is the foundation of this band that's your problem.

President and CEO of the HTGTH Whiners Club, when you try to lure people into pointless discussions: 1. try to be funny at the least... 2. don't sound like a broken record, try some new material  peace

About this topic, I fink Finck is quiet for a reason. He is waiting for the GnR camp to give him something...GnR camp hasn't given yet, I hope they don't either   love

This signature is very funny.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2047 on: May 06, 2008, 07:42:15 AM »

If gnr looses robin, its not the be all and end all of guns n roses...

I mean, yes hes written some good songs/solos for the new gnr,

but I bet Richard and Ron has aswell... so dont give this guy anymore credit then need be...

If hes gone, then hes gone for a reason, due to his own choice or due to gnr's
and thats obviously still up in the air,
but if hes gone, Gnr will go on and it will be better and stronger then when he was in it,
cause their will be no more weak links....

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #2048 on: May 06, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »

I think the picture at GNR oficial site is kind of "negative" seeing from other perspective...

Maybe I?m crazy, but what I see in that picture is Robin?s back to GNR fans... would GNR camp and Axl seeing this way Robin?s decision at this moment?

It?s just a picture I know, BUT, an image worth more that 1.000 words sometimes...

And it?s too damn hard to get some Robin?s answers about it??

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2049 on: May 06, 2008, 08:59:42 AM »

President and CEO of the HTGTH Whiners Club, when you try to lure people into pointless discussions: 1. try to be funny at the least... 2. don't sound like a broken record, try some new material  peace

About this topic, I fink Finck is quiet for a reason. He is waiting for the GnR camp to give him something...GnR camp hasn't given yet, I hope they don't either   love

1st: How was I trying to lure someone into a pointless discussion? I was responding to a post. Do you know, or understand what that means? I was stating my opinion. Why should I be funny when I was being serious?

2nd: How was I sounding like a broken record? I made 2 posts defending a GNR guitarist, who may or may not be in the band.

Waiting for the GNR camp to give him what? Maybe their waiting to send you some logic to your posting. And for a member of this board who likes to tout their fanhood, you sure know how to support the band by hoping a major part and important member of that band doesn't come back  Roll Eyes

Remember, I'm not just the president of the whiners club, I'm also a client  Kiss

If gnr looses robin, its not the be all and end all of guns n roses...

I mean, yes hes written some good songs/solos for the new gnr,

but I bet Richard and Ron has aswell... so dont give this guy anymore credit then need be...

If hes gone, then hes gone for a reason, due to his own choice or due to gnr's
and thats obviously still up in the air,
but if hes gone, Gnr will go on and it will be better and stronger then when he was in it,
cause their will be no more weak links....

What did you get from my post that said this would be the end all be all of GNR if Robin left? Tell me, please, because I really don't remember writing that.

Yes, Axl would go on, but it wouldn't be the same. How was he the weak link? I'll give the dude ALL THE CREDIT IN THE FUCKING WORLD. He has been in the band for ELEVEN YEARS. And how can you assume that Ron and Richard can give Axl what Robin is/has?

What songs do you know of that they've written in GNR that tells you this is the case?

It's very clear that Robin is a huge part of the new material, including from Axl and Brian May. If that's the case, and you still don't like him, how can you like the new songs?

Oh yeah, he's written some good songs and solos, but he's a weak link  Roll Eyes

I can't believe you are the guys who are going around slagging people, questiong their GNR fanhood.

The ignorance you guys exude is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:11:27 AM by misterID » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2050 on: May 06, 2008, 09:11:36 AM »

hihi

Coming from you, that's comedy.

What people often seem to forget is that GN'R is a team.

Robin might not be the best guitar player in the world, but he fit in. It worked. The shows were amazing.

If somebody leaves GN'R, it doesn't mean that team member can't be replaced. You just need to find another person who fits the band. It's not just about how well that person plays their instrument.

GN'R has been a band with three guitar players for years now. I don't think anybody is expecting Richard and Ron to take over all Robin's parts (if he's choosing to move on).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2051 on: May 06, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »

hihi

Coming from you, that's comedy.

/jarmo

I thought you'd identify with that quote hihi

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2052 on: May 06, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »

Broken record playing the song "whine whine whine so someone will respond, especially moderators to make me feel special".

Im a not a fan of GnR (shock), I like Axl's voice as being one of the best of all time, the main reason I listen to GnR.  Unlike you though (who is also not a fan of this band) I don't whine about it for hours a day, using the same irrational childish rhetoric, non-stop peace

Every thread I click on, there you are with the same old song. So make it funny, then at least we can smirk a bit instead of not reading it, just scrolling over it, all your hard work typing it for nothing  love

Robin to me is as important to this band as Britney Spears. I think the best guitarist they had was Bucket but he is gone, so only Fortus is left as a formidable musician who should get the spotlight  ok

This signature is very funny.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2053 on: May 06, 2008, 10:19:45 AM »

Waiting for the GNR camp to give him what? Maybe their waiting to send you some logic to your posting. And for a member of this board who likes to tout their fanhood, you sure know how to support the band by hoping a major part and important member of that band doesn't come back
Ive come to realize that most just root for the name not the actual members(except for Axl)

I don't think anybody is expecting Richard and Ron to take over all Robin's parts (if he's choosing to move on).
If Robin is gone this band has lost most of its identity. Would you agree with that?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2054 on: May 06, 2008, 10:34:06 AM »

If Robin is gone this band has lost most of its identity. Would you agree with that?

One guy out of eight isn't most.

But since you like to go back to 2002-2004 all the time. No, that line up isn't around anymore.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2055 on: May 06, 2008, 10:39:36 AM »

Waiting for the GNR camp to give him what? Maybe their waiting to send you some logic to your posting. And for a member of this board who likes to tout their fanhood, you sure know how to support the band by hoping a major part and important member of that band doesn't come back
Ive come to realize that most just root for the name not the actual members(except for Axl)

I don't think anybody is expecting Richard and Ron to take over all Robin's parts (if he's choosing to move on).
Outside of the GNR and NIN's communities you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who knows who Robin Finck is.  GNR will live on, with or without Robin.  They've survived lineup changes in the past, and I'm sure they'll do so in the future.  All except one person can be replaced, which you pointed out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2056 on: May 06, 2008, 10:43:22 AM »

One guy out of eight isn't most.

But since you like to go back to 2002-2004 all the time. No, that line up isn't around anymore.
Its not one guy. Its a lead guitarist that has left. He was part of the foundation for over a decade. He and of course Buckethead were the perfect guys to step up and take the focus off of just Axl. Every rock band has an identity. Usually its the frontman and lead guitar player.

I do like Bfoot and he is more than capable of handling the guitar parts. But he doesnt have the potential star power that Robin or Bucket does. He doesnt draw that appeal. Plus when he plays it doesnt look like he owns it. It looks like hes just playing it. Lets be honest, he a fill in. Hes only here by default. When Axl was writing his comeback script he didnt have Bfoot in mind.

It was important imo for Axl to develop or get another guitar player that could make people not focus so much on Slash and this being just an Axl Rose solo project. He had done that with flying colors.

Now its a solid band without that star power or appeal. Hence they lack an identity.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:46:21 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2057 on: May 06, 2008, 10:45:20 AM »

Broken record playing the song "whine whine whine so someone will respond, especially moderators to make me feel special".

Im a not a fan of GnR (shock), I like Axl's voice as being one of the best of all time, the main reason I listen to GnR.  Unlike you though (who is also not a fan of this band) I don't whine about it for hours a day, using the same irrational childish rhetoric, non-stop peace

Every thread I click on, there you are with the same old song. So make it funny, then at least we can smirk a bit instead of not reading it, just scrolling over it, all your hard work typing it for nothing  love

Robin to me is as important to this band as Britney Spears. I think the best guitarist they had was Bucket but he is gone, so only Fortus is left as a formidable musician who should get the spotlight  ok

Well, you seem to love my posts. You respond to them all them time. Kiss

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2058 on: May 06, 2008, 10:46:30 AM »

People want to get familiar with GNR. Thats why people are worried. People want a stabil lineup.
Yes, it is sad if Robin leavs.. NOONE who likes what he does in GNR cant deny that.

But if he choose to leave! Then you just gotta hope you get to like theyr next new guitarplayer as much.

I want the people who made the music on the record to perform it. As much as that is possible..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2059 on: May 06, 2008, 10:47:19 AM »

Now its a solid band without that star power or appeal.

It really puzzles me how any GN'R fan can say that.

Did you notice how they managed to go on without Buckethead? It seemed like people at the shows weren't missing him. Except you and a few others.

Why is that? Because Axl's still there!

How you can come to the conclusion, that a band featuring one of the most known and talented singers that have come around in the last 20+ years, is lacking star power or appeal is just very puzzling.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:50:14 AM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: