Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:36:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746529 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1960 on: May 05, 2008, 07:03:08 AM »

Its just interesting to me after Del's comments and the fact Jarmo promotes ever side project in the world but mentions nothing about Robin playing with NIN.

Axl has to be a little concerned after this. He would have to be.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1961 on: May 05, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »

Its just interesting to me after Del's comments and the fact Jarmo promotes ever side project in the world but mentions nothing about Robin playing with NIN.

Del and Mysteron have both stated that Axl is concerned with getting the album out.  once that is set, the band will most likely return from hiatus.   Only then will we know whose in or out next time around.   Dizzy has hookers n blow out on the road,  Ron is doing his side projects and charity, Richard and Frank are doing there own things with other bands, Robin is touring with NIN, and who knows what Tommy and Chris are doing.   The band member's services clearly aren't needed at the moment.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1962 on: May 05, 2008, 07:10:07 AM »

Im pretty syre they have everything under control in the GNR camp.  Remember.. The NIN tour ends in September. Its just a summer tour. Just like Fortus may tour with the Furs this summer...

15 years ago, people was not able to have lots of project the way they can today. Look at Josh Freese? And the other  current and former members in NIN, thay all have other projects, and bands..

Im sure there is nothing to worry about at this point..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Route66
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1963 on: May 05, 2008, 07:24:12 AM »

Looks to me like Robin has gone.. I'm sad but not overly. He was easily my favourite new member of GNR. Mainly because he shut the fuck up and got on with recording/touring (at least thats what i perceived). Aweome on stage and his image actually suited GNR unlike bucket. IF he is gone then its no big deal really. People come and people go but the music remains.

I see..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1964 on: May 05, 2008, 08:16:27 AM »

You think people cant do two tings ?

There is no chance there will a GNR release before late summer anyway. And now tour before the album release!
People have to make money to survive, and i guess thats what Robin is doing in the meanwile. He is a guitar player. He has
a history with Nine Inch Nails.. So.. he makes a new record with Trent! That dosent mean he wont be back with Guns when things are
settled with the release and stuff...

If Robin was leaving GNR he would def. had said something!

Any Tool fans here? Do any of you remember when Maynard went working on A Perfect Circle? There was alot of, "Tool is over", "Maynard left Tool?"
Like i said before.. Fortus will tour with Furs later this summer... soo, he is leaving GnR?

As soon as we get a press release about the album, and things start rollin again. Im pretty sure well see everything will be just fine..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sea of black
« Reply #1965 on: May 05, 2008, 08:18:40 AM »

Looks like he made the right decision, it must be pretty boring waiting for anything to happen with GNR.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1966 on: May 05, 2008, 08:58:17 AM »

Jarmo promotes ever side project in the world but mentions nothing about Robin playing with NIN.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1884

It's funny that I explained this to you and you said you understood. Only to have you repeat the same thing again.

Are you one of those people who just nod their head, even when they don't understand?   hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:01:13 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1967 on: May 05, 2008, 09:17:31 AM »

How anyone can think a former member getting back together with his original band and touring and NOW RELEASING A NEW CD is nothing to worry bout, I wish i could be as dillusional as u.

If this was nothing I think we'd have  statement sayin it was nothing.

This is a whole lot different than a solo record or side project.
Exactly.

It floors me that some here are just refusing to accept the obvious. Robin not saying anything on the matter and Del basically saying, "only Robin knows" was all I needed to hear to know that this isn't just some summer tour as some of you are trying to suggest.

Multiple, credible, sources says it is finished. Without trying to be rude ...  Roll Eyes

Multiple credible sources have said many things throughout the years, very little which ended up panning out. I can't see why a guitar player who spent years supposedly writing and recording with the band, would walk away if the album release truly was imminent. Just doesn't make sense.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1968 on: May 05, 2008, 09:19:52 AM »

Multiple credible sources have said many things throughout the years, very little which ended up panning out.

What was your old username?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1969 on: May 05, 2008, 09:27:10 AM »

Multiple credible sources have said many things throughout the years, very little which ended up panning out.

What was your old username?

/jarmo

Never had one.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1970 on: May 05, 2008, 09:30:03 AM »

Yet your act is exactly the same as all the other trolls we've had here.

"It's not done".

It is, and if you keep repeating that bullshit, you will get kicked out. Easy as that.

/jarmo

Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1971 on: May 05, 2008, 09:36:12 AM »

Yet your act is exactly the same as all the other trolls we've had here.

"It's not done".

It is, and if you keep repeating that bullshit, you will get kicked out. Easy as that.

/jarmo

Act?

Ouch. Tough crowd.   nervous
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:42:34 AM by Snafu » Logged
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1972 on: May 05, 2008, 10:10:46 AM »

How anyone can think a former member getting back together with his original band and touring and NOW RELEASING A NEW CD is nothing to worry bout, I wish i could be as dillusional as u.

If this was nothing I think we'd have  statement sayin it was nothing.

This is a whole lot different than a solo record or side project.

So when CD is out and Guns are ready to tour again, do you think Robin will continue touring with NIN and play songs he didn't have shit to do with in the first place? Or do you think he'll get back with Axl and Guns to help promote shit he actually helped create. Go figure...

How can you blame a guy for not wanting to sit around doing nothing?

To me this just proves that the negotiations for the release of CD are still not complete and that Robin wants to do shit like play with NIN while there is nothing going on in Guns, at least not for Robin.

Hell, is it a problem that Ricarhd is doing shows with X-japan? Or that Dizzy does shit with HNB?

Chill out...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #1973 on: May 05, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »

Pink Floyd stayed together to produce some of the greatest rock albums ever recorded with heavy friction in that band.

When artists know they're making great art together they don't have to like each other to continue working together. And hating each other doesn't mean that it ruins chemistry. In some ways it can fuel it.

I've always heard that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards pretty much can't stand each other and never could really, yet they've stayed together for an eternity.  So there is some truth to that statement.  But it doesn't work for everyone, each case is different.

Steve Tyler and Joe Perry too.
Well they did split for awhile, but came back to each other.  I thought they were on good terms now though.

Maybe so. They all tour in seperate buses with their families now though, so I guess its easier to get along if you pretty much only ever see each other on stage.

I certainly don't know them personally...but from what I do know, the guys in Aerosmith are all on good terms with one another. Their friendships have certainly be altered over the course of the last 30 + years and they are more like friendly business partners in recent years...but friendly none the less. I love how Steven Tyler always credits Joe for making his 'scatter brained' stuff sound 'cool.' They really are a great duo when it comes to writing music.

Slash is one cool mother fucker...but Joe Perry is the fuckin' model of 'coolness' when it comes to guitarists, IMO  beer

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1974 on: May 05, 2008, 11:11:24 AM »

Congrats to Robin for the release!! Listening to it now! And it sounds great!

This may be ONE of TWO releases with Robin this year!

People should be happy about that!=)

I'm expecting two at least, this quick one  beer and the grand one with guns! peace
gonna be a great great year.
Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1975 on: May 05, 2008, 01:07:07 PM »

So when CD is out and Guns are ready to tour again, do you think Robin will continue touring with NIN and play songs he didn't have shit to do with in the first place?
Dude, the same exact argument could be used for why he likely left guns. He's was in the band for about a decade, yet didn't have one credit on a gunner album to show for. He toured a couple times with the band, playing songs that he didn't have shit to do with. Robin played with NIN first. I think he grew tired of being stagnant and decided to go out and try to make more of a name for himself. The guy's not getting any younger.

Hell, is it a problem that Ricarhd is doing shows with X-japan? Or that Dizzy does shit with HNB?

I don't think anyone blames Robin. I just think it would have been more appropriate had he let his fans or the gunner camp know exactly what his intentions were. I don't see how that's asking alot.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1976 on: May 05, 2008, 01:15:07 PM »

Dude, the same exact argument could be used for why he likely left guns. He's was in the band for about a decade, yet didn't have one credit on a gunner album to show for. He toured a couple times with the band, playing songs that he didn't have shit to do with.
Wrong, he wrote the new songs (like Better). With NIN, he didn't write anything, even in this new album.

Funny how you chose to ignore the new songs.

Robin played with NIN first. I think he grew tired of being stagnant and decided to go out and try to make more of a name for himself. The guy's not getting any younger.
Yeah, and he can't be there just because he likes the band and wants to do something while GNR is busy with other stuff. Roll Eyes

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1977 on: May 05, 2008, 01:16:50 PM »

mindless speculation = lame

as its been said before, lets just wait and see what happens.   
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1978 on: May 05, 2008, 03:27:45 PM »

So when CD is out and Guns are ready to tour again, do you think Robin will continue touring with NIN and play songs he didn't have shit to do with in the first place?
Dude, the same exact argument could be used for why he likely left guns. He's was in the band for about a decade, yet didn't have one credit on a gunner album to show for. He toured a couple times with the band, playing songs that he didn't have shit to do with. Robin played with NIN first. I think he grew tired of being stagnant and decided to go out and try to make more of a name for himself. The guy's not getting any younger.

I don't think anyone blames Robin. I just think it would have been more appropriate had he let his fans or the gunner camp know exactly what his intentions were. I don't see how that's asking alot.

While i think Robin is very replaceable i have to say that he did do some fuckin' great writing for Axl and the latest version of Guns N' Roses. Alot more than he has ever done wile with NIN... Therefore i think GN'R, in many ways, are way more important to him than NIN. EVEN tho he did a couple NIN tours earlier in his career. AND this isn't the first time he "left" Guns to play with Reznor and gang. If something of importance happens with GN'R he'll come back... If he's still welcome that is...

And since when has anything GN'R related been done in an appropriate way?... hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1979 on: May 05, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »

mindless speculation = lame

as its been said before, lets just wait and see what happens.   

yes malicious speculation = annoying

GNR camp refrain from speculating. why not follow their example? they say

"When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans."
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: