Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 03:02:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 745029 times)
Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1940 on: May 04, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »

Totally.  I was listening to Live Era at the gym today back to back with some recordings of the Tokyo shows from last year.  Without thinking a whole lot about who was in which band, I have to say that the 2007 sound was clean, tight, and right up there with the Live Era stuff.  Robin, Richard, and Bumble are a large part of that!

Anyone notice that "My Michelle" on Live Era is quite weak?

I completely disagree. I think the 2006/2007 live versions were pale in comparison to the Live Era version. To me, it seemed like the recent live performances of the song lost alot of that raw, gritty feel that the original lineup were able to give it back in the day. JMO.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:47:15 PM by Snafu » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1941 on: May 04, 2008, 11:14:45 PM »

Robin can stay gone for all I give a shit. I have 5 kick ass GN'R studio albums and that guy isn't credited on one of them. I've seen the guy play live and it's sloppy as hell. His parts on the studio demos are mediocre at best. Sorry, but I could certainly live without some guy who doesn't care enough about his fans to tell them if he's still a guitar player for a particular band.

Later bro, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

mediocre? come on... rnr is not about playing as many notes as possible. it's about what you play. and what robin delivers is fuckin outstanding.

So true!

ok

N ! 3 |(

Totally.  I was listening to Live Era at the gym today back to back with some recordings of the Tokyo shows from last year.  Without thinking a whole lot about who was in which band, I have to say that the 2007 sound was clean, tight, and right up there with the Live Era stuff.  Robin, Richard, and Bumble are a large part of that!

Anyone notice that "My Michelle" on Live Era is quite weak?

the lineup from 2006-2007 is the most solid GnR lineup yet.  Thats why I'm hoping those three are still up on that stage next time GnR hits the road.. it was perfect.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1942 on: May 04, 2008, 11:30:01 PM »

So do u think no news is good news?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1943 on: May 04, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »

So do u think no news is good news?

there is no news.   all the band members are out doing their own thing at the moment.. robin's just happens to be a bit more high-profile.     All we can do is see what happens when GnR gets back out there with the album.
Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1944 on: May 04, 2008, 11:56:23 PM »

there is no news.   all the band members are out doing their own thing at the moment.. robin's just happens to be a bit more high-profile.     All we can do is see what happens when GnR gets back out there with the album.

I think it's pretty obvious that Robin's history. If he was just touring with Trent for a short term, why wouldn't the gunner camp just tell us that, or why wouldn't Robin for that matter? Why would Del comment that "only Robin knows what Robin is doing?" The guy's gone. I bet anything. Come next tour someone else will be up on stage standing in his place.

The only thing about his departure that really bothers me is that it likely means the album is nowhere close to being ready. JMO.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:21:03 AM by Snafu » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1945 on: May 05, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »

I think it's pretty obvious that Robin's history. If he was just touring with Trent for a short term, why wouldn't the gunner camp just tell us that, or why wouldn't Robin for that matter? Why would Del comment that "only Robin knows what Robin is doing?" The guy's gone. I bet anything. Come next tour someone else will be up on stage standing in his place.

The only thing about his departure that really bothers me is that it likely means the album is nowhere close to being ready. JMO.

Robin's history?  last time he toured with Trent he came back.    NIN's live lineup is constantly changing, there is no long term in that band unless you are Trent Reznor.    Maybe he won't be back in Guns, but I doubt it would be because of NIN.    We don't know and we probably won't until the next show.   Look at the way we found out about Ron being in the band.    You can be a pessimist all you want, but by all accounts the album is ready and the hold up is on the record company's end now - Hence, Robin (and everyone else) is free to do their own things for the time being.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:28:42 AM by James Robert » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1946 on: May 05, 2008, 12:50:38 AM »

Multiple, credible, sources says it is finished. Without trying to be rude ...  Roll Eyes

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #1947 on: May 05, 2008, 03:56:57 AM »

performed by trent reznor with josh freese, robin finck and alessandro cortini
produced by trent reznor, atticus ross and alan moulder
mixed by alan moulder
programmed by atticus ross
engineered by michael tuller, atticus ross and alan moulder
mastered by brian gardner at bernie grundman mastering, hollywood, california
room tuning: steve ?coco? brandon

...thats from the credits in the new nin record, "the slip"...trent let him record on this record. I have a feeling Robin has been gone for AWHILE and that pic that popped up on nin.com was after he had already been around for awhile. I mean they didnt just complete a new record in 3 weeks or so.
thecrippled
Opening Act

« Reply #1948 on: May 05, 2008, 03:57:49 AM »

I'm not worried about Robin, he'll be back when they start touring again for CD. peace
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1949 on: May 05, 2008, 04:05:14 AM »

performed by trent reznor with josh freese, robin finck and alessandro cortini
produced by trent reznor, atticus ross and alan moulder
mixed by alan moulder
programmed by atticus ross
engineered by michael tuller, atticus ross and alan moulder
mastered by brian gardner at bernie grundman mastering, hollywood, california
room tuning: steve ?coco? brandon

...thats from the credits in the new nin record, "the slip"...trent let him record on this record. I have a feeling Robin has been gone for AWHILE and that pic that popped up on nin.com was after he had already been around for awhile. I mean they didnt just complete a new record in 3 weeks or so.

has bbf been gone because he's making his solo album?

was tommy gone when he recorded and toured on village gorilla head?

This doesn't mean he is not in GnR, it means GnR isn't active right now and when they are, we will see what happens

just downloaded the disc (as its available for FREE on nin.com) and i'm really enjoying it!  Good for Robin!     beer   btw, since both Robin and Josh Freese are on this, I guess you could call it a GnR reunion of sorts.  hihi
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #1950 on: May 05, 2008, 05:06:44 AM »

has bbf been gone because he's making his solo album?

was tommy gone when he recorded and toured on village gorilla head?

This doesn't mean he is not in GnR, it means GnR isn't active right now and when they are, we will see what happens

just downloaded the disc (as its available for FREE on nin.com) and i'm really enjoying it!  Good for Robin!     beer   btw, since both Robin and Josh Freese are on this, I guess you could call it a GnR reunion of sorts.  hihi
[/quote]

-no offense, but if you went out on the street and asked people who Village Gorilla Head or Bumblefoot were, they'd have no clue.  There's no comparison between those two and NIN. (and I'm not even a fan of them)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1951 on: May 05, 2008, 05:13:58 AM »

-no offense, but if you went out on the street and asked people who Village Gorilla Head or Bumblefoot were, they'd have no clue.  There's no comparison between those two and NIN. (and I'm not even a fan of them)

i don't see why it makes a difference.   NIN is way more popular, but all the members of the band are doing their own thing nonetheless.  I don't see the logic in some of your guys negativity.   its like you want to assume the worst.   just wait and see.
gilmour
Opening Act

« Reply #1952 on: May 05, 2008, 05:57:12 AM »

He's gone beer
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #1953 on: May 05, 2008, 06:31:34 AM »

He's gone beer

Have you signed up just to say that? Is that you Trent?

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1954 on: May 05, 2008, 06:33:26 AM »

He's gone beer

^Oh great one of infinte wisdom, pray tell, how does thou know such knowledge?

Perhaps, an intimate relationship with the one in question, or, maybe, pulling it out of your ...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 06:35:22 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1955 on: May 05, 2008, 06:46:12 AM »

He's gone beer

previous screen name?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1956 on: May 05, 2008, 06:53:36 AM »

How anyone can think a former member getting back together with his original band and touring and NOW RELEASING A NEW CD is nothing to worry bout, I wish i could be as dillusional as u.

If this was nothing I think we'd have  statement sayin it was nothing.

This is a whole lot different than a solo record or side project.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1957 on: May 05, 2008, 06:57:23 AM »

How anyone can think a former member getting back together with his original band and touring and NOW RELEASING A NEW CD is nothing to worry bout, I wish i could be as dillusional as u.

If this was nothing I think we'd have  statement sayin it was nothing.

This is a whole lot different than a solo record or side project.

the music was all written by Trent Reznor, Robin could have easily laid down his parts in a matter of days.    Like I said, NIN is Trent Reznor, and he puts together a touring band, and that lineup goes thru changes pretty much between every tour.   

Its really no different than what the rest of the band is doing right now, and when its time for GnR to do something again, we will see what is what.  Until then its all mindless speculation and a lot of people just want an excuse to be negative.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1958 on: May 05, 2008, 06:58:26 AM »

Congrats to Robin for the release!! Listening to it now! And it sounds great!

This may be ONE of TWO releases with Robin this year!

People should be happy about that!=)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #1959 on: May 05, 2008, 06:58:50 AM »

Congrats to Robin for the release!! Listening to it now! And it sounds great!

This may be ONE of TWO releases with Robin this year!

People should be happy about that!=)

That would be nice  beer
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: