Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 03:07:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 745039 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1920 on: April 28, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »

To tour with NIN he will be under contract with them.
We haven't seen the contract, and isn't he under contract with Gn'R anyway?

So you being selective of which of the contracts would matter the most? Tongue

His contract with NIN will be as an active onstage performer - a performer's contract for the length of the tour.

Any contract he has/had with GNR was likely a holdover with interim payments, considering the band hasn't been active in well over a year.

Since they were still touring in Japan last year in July, the band has been active within the last year.

Oh sorry, my humblest apologies. 9 and 3 quarter months then.

Congratulations on this weeks 'Completely missing the point' award by the way.

If you're going to attempt to insult someone, you should try harder.

9 months is far different from "Well over a year"

Also... go back a few pages, I haven't missed the point of anything. And for the record the point certainly isn't people guessing about the legalities of Robin's relationship with either NIN or GNR.

I meant the point of what I was saying. Call me crazy, but I like to think of myself as something of an expert when it comes to the points of my own sentences. Quibbling over a few months doesn't change the fact that the band have been inactive as a touring act and apparently, in the recording studio, for quite a while now.

And it wasn't an insult either.  peace  You'll know when I've insulted you by the tear stains on your pillow.  hihi

That was a joke too.

And there goes the challenger...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1921 on: April 28, 2008, 01:44:51 PM »

His contract with NIN will be as an active onstage performer -
Source? We don't know specifics of the contract whatsoever, unless you got a source with info.

Any contract he has/had with GNR was likely a holdover with interim payments.
Probably, maybe.

NIN management is fully aware Robin is a GunsN'Roses member-
- so it is entirely plausible the contract is signed in accordance to his commitments to Gn'R, so he can be replaced.

It doesn't seem GunsN'Roses will tour this year at all so far, so we will see what happens. peace

Of course its all speculation, but I can't see Trent signing Robin on under terms that allow him to up and leave in the middle of a tour and return to GNR - particularly if this Axl-baiting persona of Trent's is genuine.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1922 on: April 28, 2008, 02:50:31 PM »

To tour with NIN he will be under contract with them.
We haven't seen the contract, and isn't he under contract with Gn'R anyway?

So you being selective of which of the contracts would matter the most? Tongue

His contract with NIN will be as an active onstage performer - a performer's contract for the length of the tour.

Any contract he has/had with GNR was likely a holdover with interim payments, considering the band hasn't been active in well over a year.

Since they were still touring in Japan last year in July, the band has been active within the last year.

Oh sorry, my humblest apologies. 9 and 3 quarter months then.

Congratulations on this weeks 'Completely missing the point' award by the way.

If you're going to attempt to insult someone, you should try harder.

9 months is far different from "Well over a year"

Also... go back a few pages, I haven't missed the point of anything. And for the record the point certainly isn't people guessing about the legalities of Robin's relationship with either NIN or GNR.

I meant the point of what I was saying. Call me crazy, but I like to think of myself as something of an expert when it comes to the points of my own sentences. Quibbling over a few months doesn't change the fact that the band have been inactive as a touring act and apparently, in the recording studio, for quite a while now.

And it wasn't an insult either.  peace  You'll know when I've insulted you by the tear stains on your pillow.  hihi

That was a joke too.
I was talking about the point of the thread not the point of your post.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Snafu
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1923 on: April 29, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »

Robin can stay gone for all I give a shit. I have 5 kick ass GN'R studio albums and that guy isn't credited on one of them. I've seen the guy play live and it's sloppy as hell. His parts on the studio demos are mediocre at best. Sorry, but I could certainly live without some guy who doesn't care enough about his fans to tell them if he's still a guitar player for a particular band.

Later bro, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #1924 on: April 29, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »

Robin can stay gone for all I give a shit. I have 5 kick ass GN'R studio albums and that guy isn't credited on one of them. I've seen the guy play live and it's sloppy as hell. His parts on the studio demos are mediocre at best. Sorry, but I could certainly live without some guy who doesn't care enough about his fans to tell them if he's still a guitar player for a particular band.

Pointless post.  He wrote the best of the demos and has now been with the band just about as long as anyone on those studio albums.  Kickass? Appetite, Yes; UYI I and II, Yes; Lies, Yes; TSI, Not quite.  Most of us on this board appreciate the past, but are eager to hear the future and I, for one, hope that Robin is part of that.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1925 on: April 30, 2008, 04:36:17 AM »

mediocre? come on... rnr is not about playing as many notes as possible. it's about what you play. and what robin delivers is fuckin outstanding.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 04:38:20 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #1926 on: April 30, 2008, 07:58:30 AM »

mediocre? come on... rnr is not about playing as many notes as possible. it's about what you play. and what robin delivers is fuckin outstanding.

So true!

ok

N ! 3 |(
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1927 on: April 30, 2008, 08:09:16 AM »

Yeah yeah, we all know he's not your little hero. ok

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1928 on: April 30, 2008, 09:32:05 AM »

IMO, it doesn't matter if any of us are or were a fan of what Robin contributed to GNR (song-wise and onstage presence).  What really matters is how the other band members feel about how Robin's handling of this situation affects the band's chemistry onstage and in the studio.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #1929 on: April 30, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »

IMO, it doesn't matter if any of us are or were a fan of what Robin contributed to GNR (song-wise and onstage presence).  What really matters is how the other band members feel about how Robin's handling of this situation affects the band's chemistry onstage and in the studio.

What would be the problem if Robin were to talk? What holds him back from talking about his situation?   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1930 on: April 30, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »

His confidentiality agreement. hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1931 on: April 30, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »

What would be the problem if Robin were to talk? What holds him back from talking about his situation?   
I'm not talking about what Robin might have to say now.

I'm talking about band chemistry ... how they interact with each other as a band ... how the GNR band members feel about what's going down is affecting any comfort level they had with him ... do they feel that they can have the same rapport with him artistically if they're feeling slighted by him in any way over this ... etc.

Like the saying goes ... Actions speak louder than words.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1932 on: April 30, 2008, 11:00:46 AM »

Pink Floyd made some great music even though they hated each other, along with just about every other rock band in history who had at least one member who was hated by the rest of the band.

GNR played pretty damn good with Buckethead even though it seems nobody but Axl and Brain liked him.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1933 on: April 30, 2008, 11:22:07 AM »

Pink Floyd made some great music even though they hated each other, along with just about every other rock band in history who had at least one member who was hated by the rest of the band.

GNR played pretty damn good with Buckethead even though it seems nobody but Axl and Brain liked him.
In both those cases, they went their seperate ways artistically.  Huh

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1934 on: April 30, 2008, 11:42:14 AM »

Pink Floyd stayed together to produce some of the greatest rock albums ever recorded with heavy friction in that band.

When artists know they're making great art together they don't have to like each other to continue working together. And hating each other doesn't mean that it ruins chemistry. In some ways it can fuel it.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1935 on: April 30, 2008, 06:39:14 PM »

Pink Floyd stayed together to produce some of the greatest rock albums ever recorded with heavy friction in that band.

When artists know they're making great art together they don't have to like each other to continue working together. And hating each other doesn't mean that it ruins chemistry. In some ways it can fuel it.

I've always heard that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards pretty much can't stand each other and never could really, yet they've stayed together for an eternity.  So there is some truth to that statement.  But it doesn't work for everyone, each case is different.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1936 on: April 30, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »

I've always heard that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards pretty much can't stand each other and never could really, yet they've stayed together for an eternity.  So there is some truth to that statement.  But it doesn't work for everyone, each case is different.

Steve Tyler and Joe Perry too.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1937 on: April 30, 2008, 11:27:07 PM »

Well they did split for awhile, but came back to each other.  I thought they were on good terms now though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1938 on: May 01, 2008, 06:07:15 AM »

Well they did split for awhile, but came back to each other.  I thought they were on good terms now though.

Maybe so. They all tour in seperate buses with their families now though, so I guess its easier to get along if you pretty much only ever see each other on stage.

Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #1939 on: May 04, 2008, 08:09:29 PM »

So true!

ok

N ! 3 |(

Totally.  I was listening to Live Era at the gym today back to back with some recordings of the Tokyo shows from last year.  Without thinking a whole lot about who was in which band, I have to say that the 2007 sound was clean, tight, and right up there with the Live Era stuff.  Robin, Richard, and Bumble are a large part of that!

Anyone notice that "My Michelle" on Live Era is quite weak?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: