Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:03:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 777571 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1860 on: April 24, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »

Guess he was out of tune, or probably out of pitch.   How can you be out of tune in the studio in this era of digital tuners is beyond me. 

That's what I thought.  If he didn't notice that he was playing in the wrong key for the song, how the hell did the producer and engineers not notice?

I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of the issues with making this record have to do with a lack of communication and/or incompetence.  Like when it took months for the people working on the record to get the right drum sound for "Chinese Democracy" and then Tom Zutuat went out and did the sensible thing and got Nevermind to say, "hey, this is what the drums should sound like".  Months wasted on something that could have been resolved in a day.

Ali

Yes, and they say its not "Robin's fault".  Well, what if Robin doesn't have good ears and he was supposed to be tuned a half step down or something.  It just sounds too elementry.  Another reason why Del gives shitty updates is because we are left asking more questions than before the said update.  Ali, I thought I was calm again, don't get me going on Del again.  Please!!

Jarmo, I have been out of character today.  I have been waiting for good news all day.  On every front its been negative.

I would be surprised if Robin didn't realize he was playing out of tune, but even if he didn't pick up on it, the producer should have.  It should never have been necessary to come in after the fact to correct playing an entire part out of tune, not a note here or there.

Ali
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1861 on: April 24, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »

Jesus, I think yer all taking the 'tuning' quote a tad too literal! I wouldn't be surprised if he meant some 'fine tuning' to parts of songs, especially since Bucket came on-board after Robin left.

I really dont think - lol - he meant the playing itself was 'out of tune' .. haha.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1862 on: April 24, 2008, 08:00:41 PM »

Jesus, I think yer all taking the 'tuning' quote a tad too literal! I wouldn't be surprised if he meant some 'fine tuning' to parts of songs, especially since Bucket came on-board after Robin left.

I really dont think - lol - he meant the playing itself was 'out of tune' .. haha.

Well, in all honesty, Del didn't say "fine tuning issues", he said "tuning issues".  I hope you are right though.

Ali
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1863 on: April 24, 2008, 08:05:06 PM »

Well, in all honesty, Del didn't say "fine tuning issues", he said "tuning issues".  I hope you are right though.

Ali

Regardless if I'm right or wrong, it doesn't matter. The albums done and handed in right?

Stop worrying starts now?! *wait, this is gnr world*

Tuning robins guitar starts now.  peace

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1864 on: April 24, 2008, 08:10:58 PM »

No, but he does seem like a hanger on or something.  I don't get how he is the chosen one.  Does he live with Axl as well?  I don't know the word.  Like he likes to self promote.  I think he has an agenda. 

Agenda? Chosen one? Self promote?

The dude is in charge of keeping robins guitars in tune, thats important shit right there!

Half step down tuning starts now!  ok

Anyways, besides the bullshit, he's 'been there' for Axl since forever - when you reach the level of superstardom Axl did/has - It's probably good to have a guy like Del who Axl obviously trusts fully, to be there when you need them.  ok

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1865 on: April 24, 2008, 08:14:15 PM »

Ok, thanks for the people who clarified that to me.

But to say he was just "out of tune" is ridiculous. It was either a change in the song's key or just a metaphor, hence why I asked before.

Also, I can't understand how Del's email could be considered bitter and about FANS. Honestly, all I see there is just someone who is tired as fuck of having to deal with mindless speculation about anything that leads to anything as long as its negative.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1866 on: April 24, 2008, 09:12:40 PM »

christ, the amount of speculating that goes into a couple words by some of you people is beyond silly.   relax.  peace
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1867 on: April 24, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »

christ, the amount of speculating that goes into a couple words by some of you people is beyond silly.   relax.
for once I actually agree with you

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1868 on: April 24, 2008, 11:03:21 PM »

quick question...

does anyone else here think that Trent wanted Finck back, not just because he use to be in nin and all the fans loved him,

but because He realised how much of a great guitar player is/was in gnr, and how he wrote great solos and songs in gnr such as
Better, blues etc...

he knows how much of an asset he is , and perhaps thinks he deserves to have a more bigger ifluence and role in the current nin?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1869 on: April 24, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »

quick question...

does anyone else here think that Trent wanted Finck back, not just because he use to be in nin and all the fans loved him,

but because He realised how much of a great guitar player is/was in gnr, and how he wrote great solos and songs in gnr such as
Better, blues etc...

he knows how much of an asset he is , and perhaps thinks he deserves to have a more bigger ifluence and role in the current nin?

Oh yeah, because Trent's totally noticed all the other great players he's had in NIN through the years and let them get involved.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1870 on: April 24, 2008, 11:30:04 PM »

quick question...

Better, blues etc...

I fully agree

smoking

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1871 on: April 25, 2008, 01:56:13 AM »

I don't think the thing people were worried about was re-recording Robin's parts on the album, though.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1872 on: April 25, 2008, 04:32:56 AM »

I don't think the thing people were worried about was re-recording Robin's parts on the album, though.

mabye Trent wants to see what Finck can bring to the table on the cd,

just like Axl wanted to see what Ron could bring to the table in regards to Chinese...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1873 on: April 25, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »

quick question...

Better, blues etc...

that was the impression I got from the ninja pic. the gnr photoshops @ nin com started in early 2006.
even if that's the case,  interesting but so what? Richard is writing with furs as well. and I can't see trent beating better.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1874 on: April 25, 2008, 10:38:36 AM »

that was the impression I got from the ninja pic. the gnr photoshops @ nin com started in early 2006.
Just curious,

What the hell is the  ninja pic?
What are " gnr photoshops" at nin.com?

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1875 on: April 25, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »

Just curious,

What the hell is the  ninja pic?
What are " gnr photoshops" at nin.com?

The NIN "street team" can continue that discussion in the Bad Obsession section.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1876 on: April 25, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »

If I'm being honest; I was. But I am actually relieved to hear otherwise.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1877 on: April 25, 2008, 01:25:56 PM »

If I'm being honest; I was. But I am actually relieved to hear otherwise.

me too. i didn't dare to say so. i think buckethead was the first to leave, whose parts were not (totally) removed after that decision. i'm happy about del telling us what's going on (or what's not happening)... it would have been crazy to replace robins parts now. still hope he's in guns...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:31:21 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #1878 on: April 25, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »

So why'd my post get deleted...took like 5 minutes to write, haha.

Anyway, I think we're all thinking too hard. Robin jumped ship because he's sick of Axl dicking around with CD. NIN has put out 4 albums in the past 2 years (With Teeth, Year Zero, Ghosts, and TBA on May 5). Maybe Robin just wants to be relevant to mainstream media again?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1879 on: April 25, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »

so most of us are thankful to del and amy for sharing and not pissed, yes? so that I don't have to take back my words just for one odd ball. peace
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: