Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:54:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 772884 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1840 on: April 24, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »

I didn't understand that part:

They seem fine whereas before, and this was no fault of Robin's, there were tuning issues that needed to be addressed.

Could someone explain that to me? Thanks. Smiley

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1841 on: April 24, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »

jarmo will back me on this.

Does Del live with Axl too?  Del's tone pisses me off.  I prefer Mysteron or Fernando's updates.  Maybe Del has a new paper back version coming of the same story he has been milking for 15 years.  Sorry for my Rant.  Thanks for the confirm Jarmo. 

Why does it piss you off?  Because he gets annoyed with all the bullshit and totally baseless rumors about GnR and Axl that constantly get started and circulated online? 

If anything, people should be grateful that someone who actually knows what they're talking about is dispelling the nonsense
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1842 on: April 24, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »

If you read the whole part, it makes sense:

there are no plans in Guns to rewrite or re-record Robin's parts for the album.
They seem fine whereas before, and this was no fault of Robin's, there were tuning issues that needed to be addressed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1843 on: April 24, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »

Del's tone pisses me off.  I prefer Mysteron or Fernando's updates. 

Does it piss you off because you were wrong?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

No, but he does seem like a hanger on or something.  I don't get how he is the chosen one.  Does he live with Axl as well?  I don't know the word.  Like he likes to self promote.  I think he has an agenda.  I never said anything happened or didn't.  For example, who said GNR was going to re-record the album?  Why even say that?  Just like how he acted like everyone thought Axl was doing reality TV.  Jesus Christ, he talks like us GNR fans are fucking idiots.  Maybe he can right a short story about us and reissue his stories....again.  Flame away.  
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1844 on: April 24, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »

No, but he does seem like a hanger on or something.  I don't get how he is the chosen one. 

Chosen one?

I believe he's been friends with Axl since the mid 80s.

Jesus Christ, he talks like us GNR fans are fucking idiots. 

Truth hurts?

If you had to read bullshit story after bullshit story about your friends, maybe you could relate. Add to that the so called real fans who keep spreading these stories while claiming they support the band.

I find it amusing how the same people are always pissed off. For some very weird (yeah right!) reason they always feel targeted and patronized!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1845 on: April 24, 2008, 06:39:32 PM »

This is not an update. Just a message I got from Del that I desided to share to clear things up a little. There is nothing in Del's tone to piss people off. I think he just wants some rumors to stop. when they start they just get blown out of perportion.
As for Dels book that Has nothing to do with this. and I will leave it at that.

Please Don't Stop the Music.

Rhianna

Your welcome!

Please STOP The Rumors /// DEL JAMES.

Thankz Willow.

rofl rofl rofl

HBK *

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1846 on: April 24, 2008, 06:49:32 PM »

I didn't understand that part:

Sounds like Robin had to do some re-recording of his parts in the past. He was in the studio recording in Sept/Oct 2006 - maybe then, or even maybe in early 2007 right before mixing began.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1847 on: April 24, 2008, 06:53:57 PM »

No, but he does seem like a hanger on or something.  I don't get how he is the chosen one. 

Chosen one?

Truth hurts?

If you had to read bullshit story after bullshit story about your friends, maybe you could relate. Add to that the so called real fans who keep spreading these stories while claiming they support the band.

I find it amusing how the same people are always pissed off. For some very weird (yeah right!) reason they always feel targeted and patronized!  hihi

/jarmo

Well, honestly, he reminds me of Matt Sorum, except Del has no musical talent.  I love the update, I just hate how lately its from Del.  And I wasn't wrong about ANYTHIHG!!!  I NEVER SAID ROBIN'S PARTS WERE BEING RE-RECORDED.   Read my posts Jarmo.  These are not new feelings, just thought he was kind of a dooshe in the "Makin Fucking Videos: Estranged" or maybe "November Rain" tape.  I think he takes a little too much credit for November Rain.  I guess Del is part of Axl's Posse and that is cool and all.  It would just be cool if Del wasn't only known as the guy that wrote a "short" story that inspired the "video" for November Rain.  Also at times he does sound like he is pissed off about the Robin situation.  Now, if that is from fans emailing him, I understand.  But he shouldn't reply then or get so involved to where fans go to him for answers.  Its a double edged sword Del.  If you want to be "famous" for GNR, then don't be pissed when someone asks you a question about them. 

Done.... Rant over.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1848 on: April 24, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »

Guess he was out of tune, or probably out of pitch.   How can you be out of tune in the studio in this era of digital tuners is beyond me. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1849 on: April 24, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »

It would just be cool if Del wasn't only known as the guy that wrote a "short" story that inspired the "video" for November Rain. 

Actually, he's known for more than that.

Besides, that's not a bad thing to be known for.... Classic video.  ok

/jarmo

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1850 on: April 24, 2008, 06:57:15 PM »

Whoever is on stage when a tour starts again will suffice, IMHO and this is not a knock to the current incarnation of the band, their contributions to new material or their fans - but - Axl is the guy who puts people in the seats, he is the voice, the heart and soul and vision of Guns N Roses. Any other piece of the equation you can add or subtract and you'll get the same number. Subtract Axl and the formula fails.

True. I would prefer Robin to be there... but Fortus and Thal are two amazing guitarists that can more than handle all the leads... including Robin's. I don't even know if it would be necessary- but if need be- I would imagine that a touring rhythm guitarist could be found in short order to handle any remaining live rhythm work...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1851 on: April 24, 2008, 06:58:58 PM »

It would just be cool if Del wasn't only known as the guy that wrote a "short" story that inspired the "video" for November Rain. 

Actually, he's known for more than that.

Besides, that's not a bad thing to be known for.... Classic video.  ok

/jarmo

Okay, I am fine now.  I have had a terrible day today over all and then I took Del's comments as talking down to "us little stupid internet fans", which by the way, I didn't see one person say, "I bet they are re-recording Robin's parts" that I got mad.  It was inappropriate and I am sorry Del since I know you are reading this. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1852 on: April 24, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »

some dislike del because he says some harsh realities that certain "fans" take offense to, only because they are very true.   others dislike him out of jealousy and bitterness that he is still with GnR and living a life many fans would dream of, and he's an advocate for the band, not kissing the asses of certain ex-members.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1853 on: April 24, 2008, 07:02:24 PM »

Guess he was out of tune, or probably out of pitch.   How can you be out of tune in the studio in this era of digital tuners is beyond me. 

That's what I thought.  If he didn't notice that he was playing in the wrong key for the song, how the hell did the producer and engineers not notice?

I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of the issues with making this record have to do with a lack of communication and/or incompetence.  Like when it took months for the people working on the record to get the right drum sound for "Chinese Democracy" and then Tom Zutuat went out and did the sensible thing and got Nevermind to say, "hey, this is what the drums should sound like".  Months wasted on something that could have been resolved in a day.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1854 on: April 24, 2008, 07:07:14 PM »

Okay, I am fine now.  I have had a terrible day today over all

Ok.

I didn't see one person say, "I bet they are re-recording Robin's parts" that I got mad. 

You didn't?

I've seen all kinds of speculation on what Robin playing with NIN might mean for GN'R.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1855 on: April 24, 2008, 07:09:57 PM »

That's what I thought.  If he didn't notice that he was playing in the wrong key for the song, how the hell did the producer and engineers not notice?

I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of the issues with making this record have to do with a lack of communication and/or incompetence.  Like when it took months for the people working on the record to get the right drum sound for "Chinese Democracy" and then Tom Zutuat went out and did the sensible thing and got Nevermind to say, "hey, this is what the drums should sound like".  Months wasted on something that could have been resolved in a day.

Ali

Yes, and they say its not "Robin's fault".  Well, what if Robin doesn't have good ears and he was supposed to be tuned a half step down or something.  It just sounds too elementry.  Another reason why Del gives shitty updates is because we are left asking more questions than before the said update.  Ali, I thought I was calm again, don't get me going on Del again.  Please!!

Jarmo, I have been out of character today.  I have been waiting for good news all day.  On every front its been negative.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1856 on: April 24, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »

Okay, I am fine now.  I have had a terrible day today over all

Ok.

I didn't see one person say, "I bet they are re-recording Robin's parts" that I got mad. 

You didn't?

I've seen all kinds of speculation on what Robin playing with NIN might mean for GN'R.

/jarmo

I think most assumed the album wouldn't be changed since its in hands of Record Execs.  Just like how bucket is still on album. 
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #1857 on: April 24, 2008, 07:13:46 PM »

Chosen one?

Truth hurts?

/jarmo

Well, honestly, he reminds me of Matt Sorum, except Del has no musical talent.  I love the update, I just hate how lately its from Del.  And I wasn't wrong about ANYTHIHG!!!  I NEVER SAID ROBIN'S PARTS WERE BEING RE-RECORDED.   Read my posts Jarmo.  These are not new feelings, just thought he was kind of a dooshe in the "Makin Fucking Videos: Estranged" or maybe "November Rain" tape.  I think he takes a little too much credit for November Rain.  I guess Del is part of Axl's Posse and that is cool and all.  It would just be cool if Del wasn't only known as the guy that wrote a "short" story that inspired the "video" for November Rain.  Also at times he does sound like he is pissed off about the Robin situation.  Now, if that is from fans emailing him, I understand.  But he shouldn't reply then or get so involved to where fans go to him for answers.  Its a double edged sword Del.  If you want to be "famous" for GNR, then don't be pissed when someone asks you a question about them. 

Done.... Rant over.

If Del has no musical talent, why does he have songwriting credits on the Illusions?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1858 on: April 24, 2008, 07:15:14 PM »

Chosen one?

Truth hurts?

/jarmo

Done.... Rant over.

If Del has no musical talent, why does he have songwriting credits on the Illusions?

Cause he wrote a few words.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1859 on: April 24, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »

Chosen one?

Truth hurts?

/jarmo

Done.... Rant over.

Cause he wrote a few words.

Inspirations & Much Words

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: