Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:03:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 740730 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1720 on: April 22, 2008, 12:09:31 AM »

Thanks to the Guns camp for addressing the situation.  Sounds like it's still a fluid situation.  Either way I'm looking forward to my Dr. Pepper
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1721 on: April 22, 2008, 01:05:32 AM »

So because Robin has failed to tell GNR or the fans what his plans are I will make an educated guess and say at the moment he is a goner.

Let's see Robin walk away from CONCRETE GN'R album release and tour plans before we label him a "goner"...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1722 on: April 22, 2008, 01:12:17 AM »

I think going back and forth could make him look like a whore. Like he is going to the highest bidder etc and not really loyal to either band.

He has a hell of an uphill climb to replace a legend anyway. doing shit like this certainly doesn't help.

I am in the minority that isnt a huge fan of his, so honestly I could care less one way or the other.

one thing sums up how i feel about his playing.

Someone at MSG 2002 yells it out during his solo before SCOM I think it was:

"My little brother plays better than u"

Thats my feelings exactly.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1723 on: April 22, 2008, 01:16:19 AM »

I think going back and forth could make him look like a whore. Like he is going to the highest bidder etc and not really loyal to either band.

He has a hell of an uphill climb to replace a legend anyway. doing shit like this certainly doesn't help.

I am in the minority that isnt a huge fan of his, so honestly I could care less one way or the other.

one thing sums up how i feel about his playing.

Someone at MSG 2002 yells it out during his solo before SCOM I think it was:

"My little brother plays better than u"

Thats my feelings exactly.

Agreed.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1724 on: April 22, 2008, 01:43:49 AM »

I'm more concerned that such a long term member of the band has left and that it was a surprise to the rest of the band.  Kinda weird how guns guitarists just seem to leave abruptly.

i agree with one of the more recent posts, nobody will care once he is replaced so long as the new guy can play the shit out of the material and has a personality.  in my opinion, guns n' roses in 2008 is Axl.  Everyone else is just along for the ride.

CD ain't coming out this year either.  my guess is 2009.

Excuse me do you work at Geffen ? so can you tell me why CD ain't coming out in 2008 ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #1725 on: April 22, 2008, 01:52:47 AM »

1. Regarding Robin - Maybe the dude just can't come out and say that he's planning on coming back to GNR whenever they do decide to hit the road.  What kind of disrespect would it be to the fans of NIN and Trent if he stated that he's only here until GNR is ready?  I look at the silence as a sign he's not committing to NIN more than a snub of GNR and maybe Axl and Co. are respecting the wishes of NIN and not commenting on Robin coming back.  How pissed would you be if you have tickets to a NIN show and don't know if the guitarist is going to be there?

2. I rarely post as I think this site is an information site and nothing more.  Those of you who are pissing and whining about Jarmo are pissing in the wind.  It's his site and if he chooses to align himself with the GNR camp and pass along tidbits of info then so be it.  How many of us if we had a site and were chosen to be a vehicle of information for the world's most secrective band would say no ?  You're anger is misplaced, it's not Jarmo who should be taking the brunt of the angst that is so prevalent, it's the management of GNR and Axl Rose, but they conveniently hide and let the Jarmo's of the world take the beating they so richly deserve for the the 12 yr debacle known as Chinese Democracy.  Those who choose to bitch about their favorite band have been told that they can't possibly be supporters while questioning the master plan. If you buy in at all you have to go the full way, no waivering.

3. Are we really talking about a Rock N Roll band that hides behind this bullshit cloak and dagger act ?  It's a fucking album........ nothing more.  This isn't world peace at stake and it's a fucking crime that people like Fortus have to duck questions like they're giving up the plans to nuclear missle sites.  He's a fucking grown man. Do you think Keith Richards has gag orders placed on him ?  FFS, Keith is one of the world's biggest addicts and they still let him prop himself up in front of the press to spew his nonsense.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1726 on: April 22, 2008, 03:02:22 AM »

Are people still in denial when I said it seemed like some of the members were detached from the band?

No, I was just being negative  hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1727 on: April 22, 2008, 03:30:28 AM »

2. I rarely post as I think this site is an information site and nothing more. 

Better that than a cauldron of lies and shit-stirring.

...the 12 yr debacle known as Chinese Democracy.  Those who choose to bitch about their favorite band have been told that they can't possibly be supporters while questioning the master plan. If you buy in at all you have to go the full way, no waivering.

On the contrary, no-one (especially Axl) is asking you to stay involved for the whole journey.

Excerpt from Axl's letter to fans from Dec 06:
"In the end, it?s just an album, but it?s one that I, the band, our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N? Roses album. Ultimately the public will decide, and regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration. We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we?ll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later."

This isn't world peace at stake...

Thanks for coming out of your self-imposed silence to impart that nugget of wisdom to us.

...and it's a fucking crime that people like Fortus have to duck questions like they're giving up the plans to nuclear missle sites.  He's a fucking grown man.

Do you have any proof that he 'had to' avoid answering any questions or are you just annoyed because you didn't get the information you wanted?  I think the latter.  As you acknowledge, Richard's an adult, with years of experience in the business, and I'm sure that a man of his sensibilities is more than capable of deciding which questions he wants to answer and which of them he'd rather not - without having to explain his reasons to a group of disgruntled fans.

Do you think Keith Richards has gag orders placed on him ?  FFS, Keith is one of the world's biggest addicts and they still let him prop himself up in front of the press to spew his nonsense.

Image and publicity.  Keith's an old pro and knows how to maintain the former whilst generating the latter.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1728 on: April 22, 2008, 03:38:52 AM »

^
are  u being serious?

What more proof do u need?

The man answered NO COMMENT to everything GNR related. what more proof do u need that he isnt allowed to speak about band business?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #1729 on: April 22, 2008, 05:51:23 AM »

I don't see it as something he is not allowed to speak about.

It's some sort of personal choice.
I fully understand and support his will not to say anything because it would have been turned around anyway.

In the interview he did with gnrsource.com, he just answered a really random question about Chris Pitman's status in the band. He answered it honestly. And still it caused a shitload of controversy.

So, yeah, better say "no comment" than anything else.

And I would like to repeat myself: I wouldn't have posted these questions to the public anyway. Because people who wanted to know something about Richard are able to read the first questions, while a majority keeps whining about these last questions.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1730 on: April 22, 2008, 05:57:12 AM »

Are people still in denial when I said it seemed like some of the members were detached from the band?

No, I was just being negative  hihi

You need new material, man  peace

This signature is very funny.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1731 on: April 22, 2008, 06:03:14 AM »

How so? I mean, what part of my post makes you think that I wasn't being serious, or that it was schtick?

Do you even know the meaning of your own post?

DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #1732 on: April 22, 2008, 06:03:19 AM »

^
are  u being serious?

The man answered NO COMMENT to everything GNR related. what more proof do u need that he isnt allowed to speak about band business?

Here's what Bumblefoot said on the subject:

Quote from: Bumblefoot
I don't make public announcements about GnR bizz until after an official statement comes from GnR.  Would be like you at a family get-together saying "Gather 'round everybody, I have some big news...!"  And then your douchebag brother runs over and yells "He's GAY!"   It would ruin your big outting.  Even though everybody's dying to know if you're gay or not - aint my place to tell them you're gay.  You'll let the world know when you're ready.   Despite some people's curiosity, you may not feel the need to divulge every bit of details about your assplay technique to your inquiring friends and family.  So, please accept that any info you receive from anyone at anytime is at their own personal discretion, and it's often in better taste to keep details subtle.

As previously stated, we're focused on bizz now, *IF* a conflict arises down the road, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Ron

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1733 on: April 22, 2008, 06:05:41 AM »

How so? I mean, what part of my post makes you think that I wasn't being serious, or that it was schtick?

Do you even know the meaning of your own post?

You made the same assuming mistake again you showed before, but don't get it. Nice  peace

This signature is very funny.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1734 on: April 22, 2008, 06:08:48 AM »

What assuming mistake was that, exactly?

peace

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1735 on: April 22, 2008, 07:40:57 AM »

I do this site for the real fans. Get it?
/jarmo

And who are the real fans in your opinion? The ones who are never critical (which is, like I see it, from your side the same as being negative) about the 'new' GN'R? (it is a 'real' question without being sarcastic)

Everytime I post something which is slitely critical, it's get deleted.... I don't get that. What's the point of having a forum then. I thought a forum is a place to share thoughts. (and so have a - nice - discussion)

My feeling in this thread was that indeed, that I cannot understand why GN'R cannot make an official statement about the rumors of Robin leaving... so that gives me the feeling that the members or management do not have real 'contact' with each other and so the new GN'R is only a bunch of hired artist...what's the problem with saying that? It's a feeling.... has nothing to do with the fact I am a fan or not, or that I am right or wrong about this. It's a (stupid) thought/feeling!
I fucking got all the albums, saw them 3 times live (for which 2 times the new band), got some bootlegs etc... listen to them regular and even defend where needed  Wink, ...and yes, I even like the music! so I see myself as a 'real' fan.

I like this site and daily read the forum (post rarely though) but more and more (in comparison with the past) I have the feeling that there is no tolerance of saying something negative or be critical about the (new) band. If I wouldn't be a 'real' fan, I would not waste my time of visiting this site.

Maybe I get it...Chinese Democracy = Chinese Censorship??  hihi

Anyhow:  peace

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 07:48:14 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #1736 on: April 22, 2008, 08:13:55 AM »

I do this site for the real fans. Get it?
/jarmo

And who are the real fans in your opinion? The ones who are never critical (which is, like I see it, from your side the same as being negative) about the 'new' GN'R? (it is a 'real' question without being sarcastic)

Everytime I post something which is slitely critical, it's get deleted.... I don't get that. What's the point of having a forum then. I thought a forum is a place to share thoughts. (and so have a - nice - discussion)

My feeling in this thread was that indeed, that I cannot understand why GN'R cannot make an official statement about the rumors of Robin leaving... so that gives me the feeling that the members or management do not have real 'contact' with each other and so the new GN'R is only a bunch of hired artist...what's the problem with saying that? It's a feeling.... has nothing to do with the fact I am a fan or not, or that I am right or wrong about this. It's a (stupid) thought/feeling!
I fucking got all the albums, saw them 3 times live (for which 2 times the new band), got some bootlegs etc... listen to them regular and even defend where needed  Wink, ...and yes, I even like the music! so I see myself as a 'real' fan.

I like this site and daily read the forum (post rarely though) but more and more (in comparison with the past) I have the feeling that there is no tolerance of saying something negative or be critical about the (new) band. If I wouldn't be a 'real' fan, I would not waste my time of visiting this site.

Maybe I get it...Chinese Democracy = Chinese Censorship??  hihi

Anyhow:  peace

i agree with alot of what you're saying.  gnr is in reality just a bunch of hired hands and its axl's fault things are the way they are. it will never be fixed if you continue to have employees and not members.. and why should guys like robin be dedicated to only gnr?  he is a grown ass man and can do whatever he wants.

i remember a couple years ago trent reznor posted a group picture infront of a elevator and above the elevator there was a sign that said "chinese democracy" which imo meant the album is  like a elevator, u get on and u get off, no love lost u use the elevator and then u exit it..

for me, im just in a state of blah, i dont really know what axl's vision of the band is.. i want to hear his vision through chinese democracy but i want to connect with the guys , its hard to describe but i feel like i had that when i saw them twice in 06'.. the band was great and robin is a very important peice of gnr and imo not a guy u can just replace and move on like nothing ever happened.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1737 on: April 22, 2008, 08:16:27 AM »

^
are  u being serious?

Here's what Bumblefoot said on the subject:

Quote from: Bumblefoot
I don't make public announcements about GnR bizz until after an official statement comes from GnR.  Would be like you at a family get-together saying "Gather 'round everybody, I have some big news...!"  And then your douchebag brother runs over and yells "He's GAY!"   It would ruin your big outting.  Even though everybody's dying to know if you're gay or not - aint my place to tell them you're gay.  You'll let the world know when you're ready.   Despite some people's curiosity, you may not feel the need to divulge every bit of details about your assplay technique to your inquiring friends and family.  So, please accept that any info you receive from anyone at anytime is at their own personal discretion, and it's often in better taste to keep details subtle.

As previously stated, we're focused on bizz now, *IF* a conflict arises down the road, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Ron

Ron is cool as shit. I like the way he puts things.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1738 on: April 22, 2008, 08:41:44 AM »

i'm sorry, can anyone clarify if ron said this on the robin subject particulary or on a different matter regarding gn'r? and when and where he said it?

thanks Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #1739 on: April 22, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »

i'm sorry, can anyone clarify if ron said this on the robin subject particulary or on a different matter regarding gn'r? and when and where he said it?

thanks Smiley

It's something he posted on his forum:

http://bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1798&start=1920

and was in response to:

Hey Everyone, so not even the band know's if Robins is in or out of GN'R which sux.....
http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080420&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

"We're in negotiations for the release of "Chinese Democracy" and things are going well."
This confusses me because, if the album was coming why would Robin leave???

Want to share any light Bumble? Do you guys still speak to him? ( I know you cant say much)

Ive been checking this forum out for a while and its nice to be onboard, Im a big fan of new GN'R( saw them live in Sydney last year) and of Rons, who is a great asset to the band.. Cant wait for Rons and GN'R's CD to come out lets hoping its this year. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: