Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:14:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 777589 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1700 on: April 21, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »

Way off topic, but I just wanted to point it out ... 2 Years ago today was the presale for the first Hammerstein shows !

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1701 on: April 21, 2008, 09:18:36 PM »

Way off topic, but I just wanted to point it out ... 2 Years ago today was the presale for the first Hammerstein shows !

Beatiful Remembers, Much Emotions...

love

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1702 on: April 21, 2008, 09:27:34 PM »

that was fun times around here. sooo exciting.  I thought CD was SO close!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1703 on: April 21, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »

For me, the only noteworthy line in that release is the "negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy" bit.  That pretty well confirms the rumors that the album is finally DONE, or at least gets close enough for me.

I have nothing against Robin, but really couldn't care less if he's in or out.  There are plenty of great guitarists out there who could step in and fill his shoes if need be.

Robin was involved in the songwriting and has a unique style, not so sure he could be simply replaced. I don't see why he would in his right mind walk away from something he had a lot of creative involvement in for several years. The jury is still out so I remain optimistic.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1704 on: April 21, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »

ILL be seeing Robin in August with NIN

Hopefully by then, there will be something official

Here is a good question

If Axl never hears anything from Robin, Does he form a Plan B and maybe start searching for a new guitarist just in case?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1705 on: April 21, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »

Here is a good question

If Axl never hears anything from Robin, Does he form a Plan B and maybe start searching for a new guitarist just in case?
Then Finck comes back and we have 4 guitarists?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1706 on: April 21, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »

No

Im not sayin he lets a new guy officiallyin the band, but he has to formulate a backup plan just in case.

cant delay the album another 6 months tryin to find a replacment

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1707 on: April 21, 2008, 10:04:08 PM »

Here is a good question

Remember 2006 ?

Richard, Ronald, Robin, Jeff.

smoking

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #1708 on: April 21, 2008, 10:05:04 PM »

For me, the only noteworthy line in that release is the "negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy" bit.  That pretty well confirms the rumors that the album is finally DONE, or at least gets close enough for me.

I have nothing against Robin, but really couldn't care less if he's in or out.  There are plenty of great guitarists out there who could step in and fill his shoes if need be.

Robin was involved in the songwriting and has a unique style, not so sure he could be simply replaced. I don't see why he would in his right mind walk away from something he had a lot of creative involvement in for several years. The jury is still out so I remain optimistic.

Don't get me wrong, I like Robin.  I liked his look on the 2006 GN'R tour and dig his sound.  But there's probably a horde of talented guitarists who would be chomping at the bit for a chance to play under the Guns N' Roses name, especially with the legendary Chinese Democracy album coming out (hopefully).  The CD, if marketed properly, will generate a huge buzz and put GN'R back in the limelight.  I think just about any musician (who has somewhat of a grasp on the ego) would love to get a taste of that.

Personally though, I think Robin is just keeping himself busy until Camp GN'R is ready to roll again.  He did the same thing when Trent released The Fragile back in '99.  He supposedly "quit Guns" and went on the road with NIN to support the album and make some $$$.  After the tour ended and GN'R were gearing up for some shows in 2001/2002 Robin was right back in the mix.

If you're a huge Robin (GN'R version) fan, I wouldn't worry too much.

ben9785
« Reply #1709 on: April 21, 2008, 10:07:14 PM »

I think at this point, all focus is on the album. As they said in the statement, they'll put their attention to it once they start planning tours.

Wouldn't be surprised if the album comes out and there's still no official word about Robin.

They can always push back touring plans. At this point, they need the album out. If they need a stand-in for Robin, then that could be sorted out without significant delay. If I recall correctly, Bumblefoot was bought into the band only a few weeks before he made his debut onstage with them.

If Robin officially stepped down, then of course its different; they need somebody to 'fit', not just someone who can cover the guitar parts.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1710 on: April 21, 2008, 10:09:41 PM »

I really, really hope Robin stays.  I think he has put in his time and never been as truly respected as everyone else.   I really enjoy him being apart of this band. 
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1711 on: April 21, 2008, 10:12:30 PM »

[/quote]

That's Plan C
ben9785
« Reply #1712 on: April 21, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »

I really, really hope Robin stays.  I think he has put in his time and never been as truly respected as everyone else.   I really enjoy him being apart of this band. 
Yes, this is true. Personally, my interest in GNR has been maintained because I've been interested to hear Robin's influence working with Axl. He is one of the reasons why I'm here eagerly awaiting the album after the original lineup disbanded.

BUT.

If he's not interested in GNR and wants to walk away, particularly (to date) without so much as a short message to GNR fans - at the very least, acknowledging our ongoing interest and support for him ("Hey GNR fans, thanks for your support, right now I'm focusing on playing with NIN - lets see what the future brings" - how hard was that?)  - then I'm not going to wait for him to return. The release of the album is so close - too bad if he doesn't want to be part of it. It's a shame, but I don't want him to become a burden on GNR when things right now are as positive as they are going to get with the imminent release of the album
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:19:06 PM by ben785 » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1713 on: April 21, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »

I think the updates on GNR.com clears up what you are talking about.  What Robin does is irrelevant the same way what any other member does on the side.  What the article points out is that the band, Guns N' Roses are really trying hard to get the CD out.  We've had a lot of positive CD news considering new management, Dr. Pepper, and now hearing negotiations are going well, we never had updates like that before, but the other members always did side projects, so the big deal here is CD might actually be on the way !

ben9785
« Reply #1714 on: April 21, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »

I think the updates on GNR.com clears up what you are talking about.  What Robin does is irrelevant the same way what any other member does on the side.  What the article points out is that the band, Guns N' Roses are really trying hard to get the CD out.  We've had a lot of positive CD news considering new management, Dr. Pepper, and now hearing negotiations are going well, we never had updates like that before, but the other members always did side projects, so the big deal here is CD might actually be on the way !

Of course, but the ongoing concern is that his commitments with NIN could go well into 2009, hopefully long after the album comes out and they start to think about a tour for the album. Right now it's not just that he's going off to a side project - it seems he's even left his own band members in the dark let alone the GNR fans. That statement GNR put out could be just as much of a reach out to Robin as it is concerning us.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1715 on: April 21, 2008, 10:28:47 PM »

Well.. yes. There are plenty of guitarists that would fit in perhaps even better than him sonicly. BUT I'd be very bummed if he was missing from the live show. I feel Robin is the most interesting performer out of the 8 that played the most recent tour (besides axl).

He jumps in the crowd while playing. He wears interesting clothes. He has those wierd leg and head motions while he plays.

Bumble is my favorite musician in there, but Robin is my favorite performer.
Make sense?
I went to see them at MSG last time out and a couple guys I went with absolutely hated Robin's stage presence.  Said he played fine, but couldn't stand the mannerisms you described onstage.  So I guess, to each his own.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1716 on: April 21, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »

I respect and admire both Axl and Robin.  I hope that whatever's going on right now ends the way it should, with Robin getting back with Guns by the time CD's rolling out.  Dammit, I want Robin to get his Dr. Pepper!  hihi

Seriously, what's there to say anymore?  I just hope it all works out.  (can I include a subliminal message to make sure Robin doesn't shave his head out on tour with NIN?)  

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1717 on: April 21, 2008, 11:21:27 PM »

Yes, this is true. Personally, my interest in GNR has been maintained because I've been interested to hear Robin's influence working with Axl. He is one of the reasons why I'm here eagerly awaiting the album after the original lineup disbanded.

BUT.

If he's not interested in GNR and wants to walk away, particularly (to date) without so much as a short message to GNR fans - at the very least, acknowledging our ongoing interest and support for him ("Hey GNR fans, thanks for your support, right now I'm focusing on playing with NIN - lets see what the future brings" - how hard was that?)  - then I'm not going to wait for him to return. The release of the album is so close - too bad if he doesn't want to be part of it. It's a shame, but I don't want him to become a burden on GNR when things right now are as positive as they are going to get with the imminent release of the album

Good point.  Like the post
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #1718 on: April 21, 2008, 11:37:23 PM »

I can't believe my comment was deleted.  oh well, I should have known since I wasn't trying to suck Axl's dick in it.

Anyhoo, I'm not suprised about this at all, this has always been Robin's style.  He's here, then he's there, he's probably got an Izzy-type personality flaw in him somewhere.

I wouldn't be shocked if he came back, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it.  If Axl didn't even know Robin was leaving for this NIN tour, there was probably a problem there to begin with.

If Robin doesn't come back I guess Axl should just work on finding the next replacement, it's not like the majority of the public knows who Robin is or how long he's been in Gn'R or anything about him.  Gn'R has become Axl's band, and most people outside of the Gn'R won't care if it's Robin, Buckethead, or Paul Huge standing on stage with him.

Shame if they lost him though, because he was a pretty good talent.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1719 on: April 22, 2008, 12:01:12 AM »

Thanks for the update from the GNR Crew. It's great that they are addressing and squashing rumors, but it's sad to see everyone still up to their old tricks of pointless speculation. That's quite discouraging.

Whether or not, hopefully the negotiations for the album can go as quickly as possible which will obviously benefit fans and see the resolution of this situation. Until we hear more from the band and management, I don't see the point of talking about it any more.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: