Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:23:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 742900 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1640 on: April 21, 2008, 01:07:14 PM »

Read Please... For The Love Of GOD:

" GUNS N' ROBIN ", " GUNS N' ROBIN ", GUNS N' ROBIN "
Atte.

GUNS N' ROSES.

Source: http://www.gunsnroses.com

smoking beer smoking

HBK *

I see what you are saying, but the bottom line is we can't assume anything until we hear from all parties involved, namely Robin at this time.  Even then, we may not know what will happen down the road whenever GN'R starts to tour.

Ali

You know what will happen?

GUNS N 'ROSES Will of World Tour... Kick ass, again more.

HBK *

Well, no offense, but no shit that will happen.  I'm saying that at this point we don't know if that will happen with or without Robin.

Ali
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1641 on: April 21, 2008, 01:10:41 PM »

I think it's all laughable.

How hard is it to pick up the phone and say :

"Hey robin, what*the fuck* is up?"

In everyday life... sure... not very hard.

The world of Guns N' Roses is far from everyday life...

Who knows how "reachable" Robin is at the moment...

It's probably far more likely that Robin will reach out to GN'R when he's ready than that they'll be able to get anything out of him by forcing the issue. Axl doesn't seem to operate all that differently. Maybe he's returning the favor.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1642 on: April 21, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »

Read Please... For The Love Of GOD:

" GUNS N' ROBIN ", " GUNS N' ROBIN ", GUNS N' ROBIN "
Atte.

GUNS N' ROSES.

Source: http://www.gunsnroses.com

smoking beer smoking

HBK *

I see what you are saying, but the bottom line is we can't assume anything until we hear from all parties involved, namely Robin at this time.  Even then, we may not know what will happen down the road whenever GN'R starts to tour.

Ali

You know what will happen?

GUNS N 'ROSES Will of World Tour... Kick ass, again more.

HBK *

Well, no offense, but no shit that will happen.  I'm saying that at this point we don't know if that will happen with or without Robin.

Ali

why not? I believe it will  happen most likely after the release.
as the update says

"When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans."
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1643 on: April 21, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »

I think it's all laughable.

How hard is it to pick up the phone and say :

"Hey robin, what*the fuck* is up?"

who here doesn't pay their bills ? hands up ?  rofl

Nothing to say
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1644 on: April 21, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »

who here doesn't pay their bills ?

babies? Smiley

To some its just an ordinary photo, but to others (who want to read more into it) might see something else.
Like for example, Robin turning his back on GN'R

- GSI  Cool

Or each to his own?  axl tommy and robin looking to the respective ways on stage. Nice shot.
I would see a pic rather then read it.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1645 on: April 21, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »

I wonder ...

That is what we do not understand?

All this Perfect.

Robin Back or GUNS N' ROSES In November.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1646 on: April 21, 2008, 02:31:34 PM »

Glad GN'R responded.  My thoughts.

A.  Has Axl reached out to Robin?  If he has then either Robin is not returning his call or is being vague in his response about his future intentions.  If Axl has not reached out to him then he likely feels slighted by being caught off guard (and if that's incorrect then their relationship is just odd that one wouldn't feel the need to call the other).

B.  How could Robin not out of respect for Axl and the band let them know what he would be working on.  Not saying he needs to ask permission, but it would be nice to say listen, I plan to tour until the end of this month and won't be available.  It pisses me off and makes me lose respect for him.  He should at least respond in kind now to Axl and to his fans.  I can only speculate that he isn't sure what he wants to do at this point and won't make a decision until later, meaning that he has given considerable thought to leaving GN'R.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1647 on: April 21, 2008, 02:47:22 PM »

who here doesn't pay their bills ?

babies? Smiley

To some its just an ordinary photo, but to others (who want to read more into it) might see something else.

- GSI  Cool

Or each to his own?  axl tommy and robin looking to the respective ways on stage. Nice shot.
I would see a pic rather then read it.

bah, you spoiled my fun sweetie  Grin

Nothing to say
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1648 on: April 21, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »

A.  Has Axl reached out to Robin?  If he has then either Robin is not returning his call or is being vague in his response about his future intentions.  If Axl has not reached out to him then he likely feels slighted by being caught off guard (and if that's incorrect then their relationship is just odd that one wouldn't feel the need to call the other).

B.  How could Robin not out of respect for Axl and the band let them know what he would be working on.  Not saying he needs to ask permission, but it would be nice to say listen, I plan to tour until the end of this month and won't be available.  It pisses me off and makes me lose respect for him.  He should at least respond in kind now to Axl and to his fans.  I can only speculate that he isn't sure what he wants to do at this point and won't make a decision until later, meaning that he has given considerable thought to leaving GN'R.

Good post.

On A I say that it is either Robin hasn't returned calls, Robin is being vague, or Axl has been too busy with the label to reach out to Robin at this point.

On B, I think that if he saw no interference with GN'R, then perhaps he didn't feel the need to tell them.  Though, I agree, it would be decent to at least GN'R know.  If he has just up and left with no word either way, then that is a straight up dick move.  No ifs, ands or buts about it.  He can criticize Axl all he wants after the fact, but if he just left with no notice, he loses any and all right to criticize Axl and GN'R in how they operate.

Ali
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1649 on: April 21, 2008, 02:58:09 PM »

84 pages of speculation, I'm sure the magic 100 barrier can be broken.

I think I've possibly found some room for yet more speculation.
Take a look at this picture (as posted on the offical GNR site - News: Guns N' Robin)

- GSI  Cool

Roll Eyes

he`s turning his back on the fans by that theory.........

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1650 on: April 21, 2008, 03:03:02 PM »

Guns N Roses is bigger than any one member.

So it would suck for many if he left.

I however see GNR slowing down for anyone.

As long As Axl is breathing, it will be on with the show!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1651 on: April 21, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »

Great News!  peace
Its just so fucking nice to hear everything is going well with the release! This is pretty amazing, and exciting!!!  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1652 on: April 21, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »

Good post.

On A I say that it is either Robin hasn't returned calls, Robin is being vague, or Axl has been too busy with the label to reach out to Robin at this point.

On B, I think that if he saw no interference with GN'R, then perhaps he didn't feel the need to tell them.  Though, I agree, it would be decent to at least GN'R know.  If he has just up and left with no word either way, then that is a straight up dick move.  No ifs, ands or buts about it.  He can criticize Axl all he wants after the fact, but if he just left with no notice, he loses any and all right to criticize Axl and GN'R in how they operate.

Ali

It is beyond comprehension management and Robin have not clarified this issue. I really don't understand why there is no communication.

I am happy that at least GnR are admitting their befuddlement regarding Robin's plans. It seems as though they fully expect him to be back but, considering the rather strange exit of Buckethead, nothing is assured.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1653 on: April 21, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »

It is beyond comprehension management and Robin have not clarified this issue. I really don't understand why there is no communication.

I think they just explained what has happened so far.

Further, they clearly stated that they wish not to speculate on the matter at this point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1654 on: April 21, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »

I think they just explained what has happened so far.

Further, they clearly stated that they wish not to speculate on the matter at this point.

/jarmo

I understand, jarmo, and appreciate the response back from the band/management. Their response hasn't allayed my fears but the progress toward an album release is very heartening.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1655 on: April 21, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »

Im glad to see that GNR atleast said something(even though they didnt say much).

They havnt clarified anything. They arent going to speculate because they dont know whats up with the bird man. With that being said, its not there fault that they couldnt give us a clear cut answer on Robins plans. Its Robins fault and responsibility.

I wonder why Robin has decided to handle things this way. Why cant he tell GNR what the hell his plans and intentions are and tell the fans?

I think the door is open for him but his actions lead me to think that he doesnt want to be in the band at the current moment.

Hopefully for Axls sake and our sake he comes back to the band when they are ready to move foward.

This also possibly affects us because maybe Axl wants to give him the benefit of the doubt and lets him tour with NIN. Maybe Axl wanted to start the tour at a certain time and now because he has to afford Robin this oppurtunity he has to put any touring plans on hold until hes done with NIN.

Not cool by Robin. Especially when the light, a big fukin bright light, is at the end of the tunnel.

Man up Robin say something!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1656 on: April 21, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »

They havnt clarified anything.

They made it pretty clear where things stand at this moment. Both in regards to Robin and the album.

They are being honest about it instead of guessing.

This also possibly affects us because maybe Axl wants to give him the benefit of the doubt and lets him tour with NIN. Maybe Axl wanted to start the tour at a certain time and now because he has to afford Robin this oppurtunity he has to put any touring plans on hold until hes done with

This sentence in the update kinda speaks against that theory: When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1657 on: April 21, 2008, 03:51:20 PM »

They made it pretty clear where things stand at this moment. Both in regards to Robin and the album.

They are being honest about it instead of guessing.

And I appreciate there honesty. Im not mad at GNR in any way. This isnt there fault. All Im saying is that we dont know Robins status despite this little press release.

We still dont know why he is going to tour with NIN and if/when he is coming back. And GNR clearly doesnt know that either.

This sentence in the update kinda speaks against that theory: When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at.

Not really. All it tells me is that they are leaving the door open for Robin. Its up to Robin to decide if he wants to leave NIN or come back to GNR for the tour.

IMO, I highly doubt Robin signed up with Trent for a world tour with the caveat of him leaving once Axl rings the bell. I would think Robin knew the general plans of GNR for the upcoming yr when signing on with NIN. Do you actually think Trent would let him play again if he knew he was going to leave for Axl again?

So because Robin has failed to tell GNR or the fans what his plans are I will make an educated guess and say at the moment he is a goner.

And when those future gnr plans come to fruition, we will get a statement saying unfortunately Robin decided to stick with NIN etc.

If Axl had any intention of touring this year Robins departure clearly will change those plans. Hence it affects us.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 03:55:41 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1658 on: April 21, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »

Im glad to see that GNR atleast said something(even though they didnt say much).

They havnt clarified anything. They arent going to speculate because they dont know whats up with the bird man. With that being said, its not there fault that they couldnt give us a clear cut answer on Robins plans. Its Robins fault and responsibility.

I wonder why Robin has decided to handle things this way. Why cant he tell GNR what the hell his plans and intentions are and tell the fans?

I think the door is open for him but his actions lead me to think that he doesnt want to be in the band at the current moment.

Hopefully for Axls sake and our sake he comes back to the band when they are ready to move foward.

This also possibly affects us because maybe Axl wants to give him the benefit of the doubt and lets him tour with NIN. Maybe Axl wanted to start the tour at a certain time and now because he has to afford Robin this oppurtunity he has to put any touring plans on hold until hes done with NIN.

Not cool by Robin. Especially when the light, a big fukin bright light, is at the end of the tunnel.

Man up Robin say something!

Why are you being so negative and taking everything so personally?

All of the other band members are doing their own thing, this includes previous band/projects. The Robin/NIN thing is a little unexpected, but that is all. He is a grown up and he is allowed  to do his own thing
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1659 on: April 21, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »

At least the band gave a response... there's nothing negative about that.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. It does seem that the release for CD is going well though, so what more can we ask for?? I think this is great news.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: