Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 746716 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1440 on: April 15, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »

Heres my thinking....

I think that Robin is just going to tour with NIN until the release of CD.  It's hard for me to believe that after all the years that Robiin has been with Axl on CD, that he would just leave when it seems like CD is close to being released. 

So if he isn't leaving GNR, but is touring with NIN while the business side of things for CD is worked out, I think the release of CD may take longer than we think (I'm thinking next year some time?).  Because...isn't NIN touring for like 8 months?  This tells me that CD is likely to take at least 8 months to get worked out?  This is of course, if Robin plans on rejoining GNR.  If he has indeed left GNR, then CD may come sooner, but here's to finding another guitarist  beer

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1441 on: April 15, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »

well like I said many times a release doesn't always mean an immediate tour.

i don't know if he is also pressuring axl by playing this "game". but psychologically, his commitment to tour with nin reminds me of lighting a cigarette in a restaurant, while you're waiting for your meal that just doesn't come. that moment you exhale, your steak is finally being served. i truly hope that this is robins way of tricking life and bringing cd closer. oh god, that sounds desperate...

well I imagine what you're waiting for on its way whether or not you light up the cigarette as it's ready.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1442 on: April 15, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »

You can keep repeating that all you want. But it is just not in line with what Axl mentioned in his letter regarding  "proper promotion" for the album. And honestly, do you really think a costly and anticipated album as this one can just drop without the band being heavily involved with promoting it. We all know they don't much like giving interviews for obvious reasons, but they could promote it with the thing they like to do best - perform.  Whether it is a full blown tour from the start or just a few key dates plus TV appearances, it still needs an entire band to be there and do it.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1443 on: April 15, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »

i don't know if he is also pressuring axl by playing this "game". but psychologically, his commitment to tour with nin reminds me of lighting a cigarette in a restaurant, while you're waiting for your meal that just doesn't come. that moment you exhale, your steak is finally being served. i truly hope that this is robins way of tricking life and bringing cd closer. oh god, that sounds desperate...

well I imagine what you're waiting for on its way whether or not you light up the cigarette as it's ready.

yeah, that's why i wrote that it's psychological phaenomenon (not an ontological one / no real causality here) Wink

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1444 on: April 15, 2008, 01:00:07 PM »

You can keep repeating that all you want. But it is just not in line with what Axl mentioned in his letter regarding  "proper promotion" for the album. And honestly, do you really think a costly and anticipated album as this one can just drop without the band being heavily involved with promoting it. We all know they don't much like giving interviews for obvious reasons, but they could promote it with the thing they like to do best - perform.  Whether it is a full blown tour from the start or just a few key dates plus TV appearances, it still needs an entire band to be there and do it.

whatever, tommy once said otherwise. things might have changed since then but a proper promotion doesn't necessary mean an old fashioned one in this age of transition.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #1445 on: April 15, 2008, 06:15:16 PM »

Seriously WTF? Robin owes us nothing, he has worked hard, earned his pay cheque and done whatever has been asked of him. GNR obviously have nothing on for the summer, when CD comes out we will know a couple of months in advance because it would bomb without promotion and they probably wont tour until a couple of months after its release, so Robin has a LOT of time on his hands. GNR isn't exactly your normal run o' the mill band are they? Most people I know dont think they still exist. Two shows in 2000, a few shows in 2002 and a few in 2006, he probably doesn't feel like he's in a full time band. Who could blame him if he has left? He has betrayed no one.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1446 on: April 15, 2008, 06:29:06 PM »

Seriously WTF? Robin owes us nothing, he has worked hard, earned his pay cheque and done whatever has been asked of him. GNR obviously have nothing on for the summer, when CD comes out we will know a couple of months in advance because it would bomb without promotion and they probably wont tour until a couple of months after its release, so Robin has a LOT of time on his hands. GNR isn't exactly your normal run o' the mill band are they? Most people I know dont think they still exist. Two shows in 2000, a few shows in 2002 and a few in 2006, he probably doesn't feel like he's in a full time band. Who could blame him if he has left? He has betrayed no one.

A few shows in 2002?  A few shows in 2006?  What about 2007?  Were those just a few shows as well?

It's a little bit more than a few shows that have been played, let's get that much straight.

Ali
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1447 on: April 15, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »

Seriously, I think they did something called a WORLD TOUR in 06-07

SammyD1st
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1448 on: April 15, 2008, 07:45:42 PM »

Here's an idea for a new topic: GN'R speculation
Has Axl written or considered writing a song about people on forums.
The types that could be labeled as GN'R Speculative Investigators, aka the GSI
  Grin

OF course he has! "Through all the rumors I could tell, somethings didn't work so well..." - IRS.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #1449 on: April 16, 2008, 04:53:51 AM »

Seriously, I think they did something called a WORLD TOUR in 06-07

FFS, you know what I am trying to say, its not as if they are in the forefront of the general publics musical consumption. When the Rolling Stones come to town everyone knows about it, if Greenday are playing everyone knows about it. Its as if GNR dont really exist until CD comes out, most of us agree that another tour without a record to back it up would be a diaster. To the band members it must feel like GNR is more like a project, thats just not good enough for top class musicians, its like soccer players sitting on the bench, they might be earning ?100,000 per week but would still take a pay cut to play regulary.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1450 on: April 16, 2008, 06:34:49 AM »

I think the point was, that people seem to have missed, was that Robin didn't tell his fans what his plans were until after Trent had done so.

It's a bit like getting a new job, and instead of telling people yourself, you just let your new boss tell everybody "hey, we hired that guy now!".

/jarmo

Yeah that makes sense. Then again it doesn't prevent Robin from making some simple clarification in any way.
I'm sure he could have beaten TR to it had he wanted to. He's had about 2  weeks of time to clear things up? It's  is fucking odd he has opted not to.
No one is expecting some long emo essay livejournal bullshit about the matter, or some hastily written tell all-confessional.there's million small little tasty things he could have done.. and just..opts not to. it's just odd.

say:

"R                      o    b  i     
n  here It's exiting  to be in nin blah blah, here are tourdates blah blah new site soon blah blah"

[Direct link to nin's official site]    [Direct link to GNR official site]

And there ya go. that would have been enough to kill some of the speculation and GNR fans fears  right there. But noo. nothing.

It seems to me that some of us die-hard-fans, tend to think that we are an army of millions! That deserves every event in the lives of band-members (and GN'R) explained to us in detail.  Of all the hundreds of thousands (or is it millions..?) that saw the band live during the past tours, a very very very small percentage are daily-active (even monthly-active!) on various fan-forums!  Roll Eyes

Realize that you're a bird's poop in the ocean. Take the information you get and go about your life  ok  smoking

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #1451 on: April 16, 2008, 08:03:33 AM »

My guesse is we don't get an explanation cause Robin is still in GN'R. And explaining so automatically means CD won't be out a lot before the NIN tour ends, which obviously would upset a lot of fans. Better to shut up, create the buzz and feed the myth until it?s time to share the good news again.

The recording is done and there's no tour now. This means GN'R currently isn't making any money for most current members, let alone enough to support everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if Robin was givin time to play with NIN so that he can take care of himself (even if that means GN'R releasing the record a few months later).

The only comment I don't like is Del saying something like you should ask Robin what the HELL he's doing...
I'd think Del knows his bit about making comments about the band - a high profile rock act, on or off the record, and therefor I don't know why he would (choose) to use the H-word.

I certainly hope Robin is still in GN'R. To me Robin is, apart from Axl, the crucial part in the new GN'R music. He's gonna be all over CD and I'd hate to see him leave before CD drops and before they have toured the hell out of it.

N ! 3 |(

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1452 on: April 16, 2008, 10:19:37 AM »

I'd think Del knows his bit about making comments about the band - a high profile rock act, on or off the record, and therefor I don't know why he would (choose) to use the H-word.

Probably out of frustration!  I'm sure the email that we know about isn't the only one he received on this matter.  If another grown adult that I'm associated with makes some decision, and then everybody's sending me email asking about it, I know I'd get frustrated - it's bad enough all the chain emails I get sent from my mother, much less a bunch of people I don't know asking me questions to which I do not know the answer.

It's amazing how much analysis can be done on one short sentence.  This has been analyzed more than Richard's "you heard right" email!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1453 on: April 16, 2008, 10:22:28 AM »

The only comment I don't like is Del saying something like you should ask Robin what the HELL he's doing...

N ! 3 |(

Either Del doesn't know anymore than us and was pissed off with being asked about Robin's plans for the umpteenth time; who knows how many e-mails he's had on the subject...

Or he knows what's going on but disapproves of Robin's actions and so responds with sarcasm - as I'm sure many of us have done when we think one of our friends is being a bloody fool.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1454 on: April 16, 2008, 10:36:15 AM »

Or maybe that's just how the guy talks. Why analyze everything.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1455 on: April 16, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »

Or he knows what's going on but disapproves of Robin's actions and so responds with sarcasm - as I'm sure many of us have done when we think one of our friends is being a bloody fool.

in that case, I personally wouldn't respond with sarcasm to an innocent question of a third person. I don't think del would either.
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #1456 on: April 16, 2008, 05:40:50 PM »

Probably out of frustration!  I'm sure the email that we know about isn't the only one he received on this matter.  If another grown adult that I'm associated with makes some decision, and then everybody's sending me email asking about it, I know I'd get frustrated - it's bad enough all the chain emails I get sent from my mother, much less a bunch of people I don't know asking me questions to which I do not know the answer.

It's amazing how much analysis can be done on one short sentence.  This has been analyzed more than Richard's "you heard right" email!

Not really analyzing, there's not that much to analyze, just wondering. I'd respond differently being a spokesperson, that's for sure.  ok
Here?s to Robin staying for a few more years!  beer

N ! 3 |(

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:43:27 PM by Nicos » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1457 on: April 16, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »

Robun has definately not left the band, only touring. take that for granted, please.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1458 on: April 17, 2008, 08:56:27 PM »

What are tha chances of Robin leaving, B-Foot taking all leads and Izzy being the new Rythym guitarist (along w/ Richard)?
Love Izzy but I'm more than pleased w/ Robin's contributions...Glad he dropped the NIN look for the more grizzly look of the last tour..
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1459 on: April 17, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »

Don't need 3 guitar players anyway, OLD G N R were the best band on the planet and they had 2
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: