Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:33:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 778173 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1320 on: April 12, 2008, 06:25:28 AM »

Lets swing this thread in a slightly different direction

If Robin in fact did leave, Do u think Axl would continue with just two guitar players or would he try to find someone else.

My worst nightmare would be that Axl would hire Dave Navarro.......... that would be horrible rant

worst nightmare in this scenario would be if finck wouldn't come back IMO..

dreamguitarists would have been either zakk or buckethead, but don't really wanna talk about it Tongue

You think Zakk has the GnR sleaze sound? He's tried out before remember. His sound is too familiar now - it wouldn't sound like GnR.

r u stuck in the 80's, friend? GNR aint a sleazy band these days, they don't have a sleazy guitarist these days why would axl want one now? zakk tried out but he didn't join cause slash didn't like the idea of having to share the lead right? and zakk himself chose to get back with ozzy.. let's not talk more 'bout him for several reasons

if robin left and buckethead got back that would probably be the best IMO, but having both buckethead and bumblefoot could maybe be too much?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1321 on: April 12, 2008, 06:59:23 AM »

If Robin in fact did leave, Do u think Axl would continue with just two guitar players or would he try to find someone else.

My worst nightmare would be that Axl would hire Dave Navarro.......... that would be horrible rant

dreamguitarists would have been either zakk or buckethead, but don't really wanna talk about it Tongue

You think Zakk has the GnR sleaze sound? He's tried out before remember. His sound is too familiar now - it wouldn't sound like GnR.

r u stuck in the 80's, friend? GNR aint a sleazy band these days, they don't have a sleazy guitarist these days why would axl want one now? zakk tried out but he didn't join cause slash didn't like the idea of having to share the lead right? and zakk himself chose to get back with ozzy.. let's not talk more 'bout him for several reasons

if robin left and buckethead got back that would probably be the best IMO, but having both buckethead and bumblefoot could maybe be too much?

Exactly theirs only room for one guitarist virtuoso in the 2008 gnr band, and that is either Ron or BUCKET,

I Know which one Id prefer ....

twat  drool
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 07:57:31 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #1322 on: April 12, 2008, 07:43:41 AM »

Exactly theirs only room for one guitarist virtuoso in the 2008 gnr band, and that is either Ron or Bumble,

I Know which one Id prefer ....

twat  drool

Ron or Bumble?

They are the same person. Ron Thal = Bumblefoot.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ron or Bumble ( hihi) say in an interview that they had to overlay some guitar tracks down for CD to make it sound more like the "GnR sleaze" because he felt that the rhythm guitars were too robotic?

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1323 on: April 12, 2008, 10:24:56 AM »

I guess we're not going to be told anything in the near future.

If Robin doesn't intend to return to GNR, or has had some sort of bust-up with Axl, letting it be known will only spread negativity and more shitty press.

Since there's no activity or appearances planned (from what we know) my guess is that they'll wait while there are tour dates or album news, so they can put a positive spin on things, i.e. 'We're going on tour and will be unveiling a new guitarist/Robin will be there'...

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1324 on: April 12, 2008, 10:59:46 AM »

It won't be easy finding a guitarist to replace the talent of Robin/Slash.
It's not like they can just advertise, without the world knowing what's going on in GN'R  peace

Are you serious?

When did you know about Bumblefoot being in the band?

The time he stepped on stage with the band!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1325 on: April 12, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »

It's not like they can just advertise, without the world knowing what's going on in GN'R  peace

Seriously?

You had no idea that the two latest additions were added to the band so why should this be different?

I couldn't care less what role you think Ron has in the band. The fact that he joined GN'R without the world knowing proves that they can keep things secret if they wish.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1326 on: April 12, 2008, 12:35:13 PM »

Bumblefoot didn't mean all that much to me. From what I could gather he was simply doing improvisation, and doing an ok job at filling in  peace
Because he's had 1 week to learn all his parts? Yeah, he had to improvise a lot - oh, and he's able to do complex improvisations. Wink
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 12:38:32 PM by Bruno Poeys » Logged

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1327 on: April 12, 2008, 12:52:35 PM »

Zakk Wylde is a horrible guitar player for GNR

Same riff, same gay ass Pick squeal every single thing he plays.

Imagine if U paired Buckethead and Bumblefoot together in the same band..... how fucked up would that be!

In my honest opinion, I dont think Robin is out but It just bums me out because we know for sure now that the wait will continue.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #1328 on: April 12, 2008, 01:27:05 PM »

Zakk Wylde is a horrible guitar player for GNR

Same riff, same gay ass Pick squeal every single thing he plays.

Imagine if U paired Buckethead and Bumblefoot together in the same band..... how fucked up would that be!

In my honest opinion, I dont think Robin is out but It just bums me out because we know for sure now that the wait will continue.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1329 on: April 12, 2008, 01:43:04 PM »

Lets give Robin the freedom to chose where he wants to be and the time and the experiences to make his choices.

We had a good line up the last couple times around and they seemed to really be a group that got along with each other.  I would hate to see that change but nothing is a given.

We need to get back to the task at hand, the cd.

And my Dr. Pepper.  Ladies I've found a good looking European man to share mine with, you might want to get to work.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #1330 on: April 12, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »

if robin is out permanently / isn't back when the gunners start touring there's a handful of people i'd like to see step in/up...

1) Izzy Stradlin - he's jammed onstage  numerous times with the band this last tour and he's stepped in before when gilby went down with the old band. (also negates reports & complaining that it's just axl and a bunch of hired hands / where's the original lineup clamour)

2) Buckethead -  say what you will about image and lack of feeling; the man can play. If what is said that he was waiting for the album to be released / handed in to the label before returning then it'd make sense to bring the man onstage that has created some of the melodies on CD.  Even if he's listed on the credits as a featured artist - he'll tour until robin's done or he'll sign back on full time.

3) John 5- he was rumoured to become the third guitarist before the Hammerstein shows back in May '06 and he's covered Gn'R on his past album "The Devil Knows My Name": shows he definitely has some interest in the group and he would be able to handle Robin's parts no problem and then some.

4) Bumble & Richard - have them hold their own until robin returns / Axl brings up an unknown / or continue out as a 2 guitarist set with a revolving set of featuring 3rd guitarists. Also something to add; @ the Versace show the band held their own without their band leader Tommy, they moved Pitman to bass and sounded fine.... they could move pitman to bass and move Tommy to guitar if need be... - it's my least favourite of the options because it seems these new songs need to revolve around a 3 piece guitar setup, but it'll get the job done and won't delay the tour to support the album.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1331 on: April 12, 2008, 02:08:04 PM »

I really don't think Robin left GNR, I could be wrong, but I think if he did we would have known.

But if he did, funny how someone mentions John 5, on his website it asks under FAQ if John5 will join GNR, but the answer says no truth to the rumor.

I would not want John5 and his freakish goth look.

We'll know what Robins deal is soon enough, however it could be nothing other then a brief tour with NIN

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1332 on: April 12, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »

I really don't think Robin left GNR, I could be wrong, but I think if he did we would have known.

But if he did, funny how someone mentions John 5, on his website it asks under FAQ if John5 will join GNR, but the answer says no truth to the rumor.

We'll know what Robins deal is soon enough, however it could be nothing other then a brief tour with NIN

agree.   Nothing has been said to indicate Robin has left.   I assume he's still involved with Guns until I hear otherwise.   Meanwhile I'll just enjoy getting to see him out doing his thing with Trent.
Olorin
« Reply #1333 on: April 12, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »

Why are the people involved displaying such ambiguousness ? Huh I dont get it at all.

What would happen if a fan, journalist etc actually contacted Guns N' Roses or management for some conformation? Do you just get silence?
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1334 on: April 12, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »

Why are the people involved displaying such ambiguousness ? Huh I dont get it at all.

What would happen if a fan, journalist etc actually contacted Guns N' Roses or management for some conformation? Do you just get silence?

Damned if you do comment, damned if you don't ... just look at how people respond to an official word from Axl peace

This signature is very funny.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1335 on: April 12, 2008, 03:17:41 PM »

sometimes i don't get it too. and they complain because there's a lot of false rumours, after that...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Olorin
« Reply #1336 on: April 12, 2008, 03:35:28 PM »

If only Sebastian Bach was a member of the band, with a mouth as big as his there would be no doubt left whatsoever Lips Sealed.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1337 on: April 12, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »

agree.   Nothing has been said to indicate Robin has left.   I assume he's still involved with Guns until I hear otherwise.   Meanwhile I'll just enjoy getting to see him out doing his thing with Trent.

It could be a financial thing.
GN'R's albums complete, no tour planned, no need to pay Robin.
NIN will pay Robin to play during their tour.

I have no problem with that if that's the case.

What I'm worried about is whether or not my favorite guitarist of the lineup has left the band.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1338 on: April 12, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »

well, with Robin gone, who do you think should replace him ? Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1339 on: April 12, 2008, 04:30:48 PM »

well, with Robin gone

nothing indicates robin is gone.   put away your jump to conclusions mat.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: