Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 778121 times)
McDuff
« Reply #1300 on: April 11, 2008, 07:17:55 PM »

therefore he stays. wtf is your point
he said that maybe FInck left because of the inactivity. Under normal circumstances that is a logical assumption. But if CD is in fact in the labels hands and will very likely be released sometime in 2008, why would he leave? He waited this long whats another few months?

If Robin did quit GN'R maybe it was because he no longer wanted to be in the band,I mean it wouldn't be the first time a guitarist left a band just because he wanted to. smoking
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:00:30 PM by Slash McKagan » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1301 on: April 11, 2008, 07:19:38 PM »

Does anyone have any info as to why Robin quit back in 99 or so? didnt he rejoin NIN then and then come back?

So if he leaves and does that again............ I mean, can anyone else see a pattern developing?

On the other hand however, why would u wait this long and then leave when CD surely has to be right around the corner. that makes no sense.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1302 on: April 11, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »

So Robin left to go back to NIN, like in '99. Whatever. What can we say? Good for him?
I'm more concerned right now about Chinese Democracy's release date, and I see there's nothing official about it yet.

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #1303 on: April 11, 2008, 07:26:58 PM »

Lets swing this thread in a slightly different direction

If Robin in fact did leave, Do u think Axl would continue with just two guitar players or would he try to find someone else.

My worst nightmare would be that Axl would hire Dave Navarro.......... that would be horrible rant

Axl probably would get another guitar player, I remember one interview from early '06, late '05, where, I think it was Tommy or Richard who said that there are only two guitar players in the band now, Bumble joined the band only a month or so before the Hammerstein shows, so what happened during that time?

Did they realize that they actually need a third guitarist live?

So I would think that if Robin really left, someone would replace him, my dream replacement would be Morello, as Lane ain't around anymore, R.I.P.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1304 on: April 11, 2008, 07:54:05 PM »

Probably.

So I would think that if Robin really left, someone would replace him, my dream replacement would be Morello, as Lane ain't around anymore, R.I.P.
Lane would be a dream, but i think he wouldn't accept that. Right now I'd say Guthrie Govan or Zakk Wylde, but hopefully Robin didn't leave - and I think he didnt. Smiley

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1305 on: April 11, 2008, 09:16:14 PM »

If Robin in fact did leave, Do u think Axl would continue with just two guitar players or would he try to find someone else.

My worst nightmare would be that Axl would hire Dave Navarro.......... that would be horrible rant

Axl probably would get another guitar player, I remember one interview from early '06, late '05, where, I think it was Tommy or Richard who said that there are only two guitar players in the band now, Bumble joined the band only a month or so before the Hammerstein shows, so what happened during that time?

Having 3 guitarists adds layers to songs live that aren't there with two, but they also needed someone who could play Buckethead's parts.  Richard can shred a bit and is a great technical guitarist but doesn't play with the speed of Buckethead, but Ron does.  I think that Axl felt they needed a virtuoso type player to fill the Buckethead void once they started playing the new material live.  Richard and Ron could handle all his guitar parts live without much difficulty, what would be missed most from a live show without Robin stage presence and his energy, he is a great showman.  I don't think the new band was necessarily intended to have 3 guitarists, I believe what happened is that after Robin quit, Buckethead came into the fold and then Robin returned, so they took the 3 guitarist thing and ran with it. 
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1306 on: April 11, 2008, 09:32:37 PM »

Having 3 guitarists adds layers to songs live that aren't there with two, but they also needed someone who could play Buckethead's parts.  Richard can shred a bit and is a great technical guitarist but doesn't play with the speed of Buckethead, but Ron does.  I think that Axl felt they needed a virtuoso type player to fill the Buckethead void once they started playing the new material live.  Richard and Ron could handle all his guitar parts live without much difficulty, what would be missed most from a live show without Robin stage presence and his energy, he is a great showman.  I don't think the new band was necessarily intended to have 3 guitarists, I believe what happened is that after Robin quit, Buckethead came into the fold and then Robin returned, so they took the 3 guitarist thing and ran with it. 

If thats true then,
If Finck does leave then Gnr wont be replacing him, theyll just stick with the two R current duo...

btw, if this was true , your theory , then your saying out of respect to robin and to show loyalty to robin from axl in '99/00's, Axl decided to have him back in the band?
That makes no sense whatsoever, as Robin didnt show respect when he left gnr to go to nin back in '99....

I truley think that gnr needs 3 guitarists, as back in the early '00s , even when it was just fortus and bucket, axl still wanted finck back...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1307 on: April 11, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

If thats true then,
If Finck does leave then Gnr wont be replacing him, theyll just stick with the two R current duo...

btw, if this was true , your theory , then your saying out of respect to robin and to show loyalty to robin from axl, he decided to have him back in the band?
That makes no sense whatsoever, as Robin didnt show respect when he left gnr to go to nin back in '99....

I truley think that gnr needs 3 guitarists, as back in the early '00s , even when it was just fortus and bucket, axl still wanted finck back...

Well back when Buckethead started working on CD, Richard wasn't around yet.  It was just Bucket and Paul Huge.  Then Finck returned, sometime fairly soon after Buckethead joined.  Richard joined in 2002.  No offense to Paul Huge but he is nowhere near the guitar player that any of these other guys are.  If it had been Richard and Bucket back in 2000, then things may have shaken out differently.  But obviously Axl likes and respects Robin's work, he wouldn't have worked with him for so long if that wasn't the case. 
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #1308 on: April 11, 2008, 10:35:54 PM »

I can't believe this thread has gone on so long... we don't know a thing.  Like Buckethead, there was speculation that he was gone and then not long after we found out officially.  In time we'll know.  I'm actually not worried, but if Finck is gone then I'll be really let down.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #1309 on: April 11, 2008, 10:36:08 PM »

Why wouldn't someone say something about this???  Huh

Robin could easily type on his website, "I'm still in GN'R"

Or just tell us he is out.

This is madness

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1310 on: April 12, 2008, 12:29:01 AM »

Does anyone have any info as to why Robin quit back in 99 or so? didnt he rejoin NIN then and then come back?

So if he leaves and does that again............ I mean, can anyone else see a pattern developing?

On the other hand however, why would u wait this long and then leave when CD surely has to be right around the corner. that makes no sense.

Well if he has in fact left, I would imagine it is because CD is NOT right around the corner. Im not being negative, I just think that someone like Robin wouldnt quit unless he was informed of further delays for the release etc etc....

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1311 on: April 12, 2008, 01:07:36 AM »

Well if he has in fact left, I would imagine it is because CD is NOT right around the corner. Im not being negative, I just think that someone like Robin wouldnt quit unless he was informed of further delays for the release etc etc....

Na, I don't think so.  The record is done and Geffen has it.  There are business related issues to be worked out, that's it.

Last time Robin left because he became frustrated that all this music was being recorded without Axl recording vocals.  The record is now done and has been since at least before Christmas.  So, the '99 scenario isn't even applicable now.

Ali
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1312 on: April 12, 2008, 03:03:18 AM »

I'm more concerned right now about Chinese Democracy's release date, and I see there's nothing official about it yet.

qfe.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1313 on: April 12, 2008, 03:15:00 AM »

they also needed someone who could play Buckethead's parts.  Richard can shred a bit and is a great technical guitarist but doesn't play with the speed of Buckethead
I think Richard could play Buckethead's parts, but Richard is mostly a studio player. Axl probably wanted a creative guitar player, not a studio guitar player. Smiley

I don't think the new band was necessarily intended to have 3 guitarists, I believe what happened is that after Robin quit, Buckethead came into the fold and then Robin returned, so they took the 3 guitarist thing and ran with it. 
This is what happened. When Robin came back, Axl still wanted Bucket in the band.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1314 on: April 12, 2008, 03:25:36 AM »

Any way you cut this shit, it fucking sucks, imho.

I wish this soap opera would end soon.  It's really getting pathetic.  confused
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #1315 on: April 12, 2008, 03:39:17 AM »

worst nightmare in this scenario would be if finck wouldn't come back IMO..

dreamguitarists would have been either zakk or buckethead, but don't really wanna talk about it Tongue

You think Zakk has the GnR sleaze sound? He's tried out before remember. His sound is too familiar now - it wouldn't sound like GnR.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1316 on: April 12, 2008, 03:51:46 AM »

dreamguitarists would have been either zakk or buckethead, but don't really wanna talk about it Tongue

You think Zakk has the GnR sleaze sound? He's tried out before remember. His sound is too familiar now - it wouldn't sound like GnR.

Axl would make him throw away his whammy pedal!  (Which really annoys me...the way he butchers Crazy Train gets on my last nerve.)
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #1317 on: April 12, 2008, 03:57:50 AM »

Axl would make him throw away his whammy pedal!  (Which really annoys me...the way he butchers Crazy Train gets on my last nerve.)

....Learn what a whammy pedal is he isn't Tom Morello he is Zakk Wylde.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1318 on: April 12, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »

No kidding?  Roll Eyes
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #1319 on: April 12, 2008, 04:55:51 AM »

No kidding?  Roll Eyes

It's his wah pedal, with a shit load of tremolo on top.

And I agree about the Crazy Train statement.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: