Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 741764 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1180 on: April 10, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »

playing with still doesnt sound promising to me.....

and even if he was just touring with them its not cool.....but he isnt...its def more than that

of course.  you are all knowing and you know exactly whats going on.  you def know whats going on.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1181 on: April 10, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »

Is that email from Del legit?  Based on his comment it can be interpreted that Robin hasn't spoken to Axl about his gig and his future intentions.  If true, that's low.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1182 on: April 10, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »

Based on his comment it can be interpreted that Robin hasn't spoken to Axl about his gig and his future intentions.  If true, that's low.

I think thats a safe assumption

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #1183 on: April 10, 2008, 07:27:03 PM »

Based on his comment it can be interpreted that Robin hasn't spoken to Axl about his gig and his future intentions.  If true, that's low.

I think thats a safe assumption

agreed....

that would be a low down move

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1184 on: April 10, 2008, 07:46:03 PM »

You cant have it both ways. He is either saying CD will be out in 08 or he isnt.

He's saying he'll share his Dr Pepper with Buckethead. Smiley

I interpret that my way, you interpret it yours.

/jarmo

In step with what Jarmo has said, I think Axl's quote about sharing his Dr. Pepper is far more encouraging and should be seen as more important than what's going on with Robin. 

Axl could have said nothing; he could have said "thanks for the support."  He did neither, adding information that was unknown until this point in time.

Moreover, the statement gives further credence that the album will be out this year - or at least that's the idea. 

If recording is finished over a year ago and it's widely speculated that the album is done, what does GNR and its fan base need Robin right now?  Until any tour is needed, the fact that almost every other band member is out there doing their own thing seems to indicate that it's going to be awhile 'till anything major happens with 'Chinese Democracy.' 

Until we get a statement from GNR or Axl stating that Robin's departure has further prolonged the release of the new material, we can't really assume anything.

But one thing I would like to point out - I find it hard to believe that Axl was unaware of Robin's NIN involvement before making the Dr. Pepper statement.  Some of those pictures show Robin in the studio during the recording process of NIN's new album - which means these pics were taken months ago.  Long story short, I believe that any possible departure by Robin will have little to no impact on the release of a new GNR album in light of Axl's Dr. Pepper statement and its timing.

Cheers,

Andrew
That would be true, UNLESS this caught Axl completely by surprise.  And if that's the case, then this could be a huge disaster and roadblock, much like when Buckethead left.  It took 4 years to fully recover from that.  Again, this is all speculation.  Still nothing is known for sure what the truth actually is.  We'll just have to wait and see what comes of this.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1185 on: April 10, 2008, 07:56:24 PM »

I think Bucket is already back.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #1186 on: April 10, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

I get the feeling that the members of GNR don't have any special access to Axl.
When we get photos from back stage, they're always of the band less Axl... it seems like Axl doesn't hang out with them socially outside of after-parties following shows. 

If the album has been done Axl probably told the band he'd be in touch when he has plans to tour or whatever. 

If Robin didn't tell Axl that he was touring with NIN, maybe it's because they don't talk much or he wasn't able to get in touch with him. 

That being said, I don't think Del's email means much at all... other than that he seems annoyed that Robin is touring with NIN
 confused
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #1187 on: April 10, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »

I think Bucket is already back.

I would love to see bucket again in the band (just a thought I don't wanna start a fight saying that)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1188 on: April 10, 2008, 08:01:36 PM »

But one thing I would like to point out - I find it hard to believe that Axl was unaware of Robin's NIN involvement before making the Dr. Pepper statement.  Some of those pictures show Robin in the studio during the recording process of NIN's new album - which means these pics were taken months ago.  Long story short, I believe that any possible departure by Robin will have little to no impact on the release of a new GNR album in light of Axl's Dr. Pepper statement and its timing.

Cheers,

Andrew

The pictures are more recent than you think. As of the dates posted or a day or two before. Robin did not record on the NIN that just came out. If he is really recording in that studio, then he is recording future stuff for NIN.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1189 on: April 10, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »

it seems like Axl doesn't hang out with them socially outside of after-parties following shows. 

Wasn't there a barbecue at Axl's with guests such as the band, crew and Baz around the time of the September shows in 2006?

I think it was mentioned by Ron and Baz....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
burnz007
Rocker

« Reply #1190 on: April 10, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »

Cheers,

Andrew

The pictures are more recent than you think. As of the dates posted or a day or two before. Robin did not record on the NIN that just came out. If he is really recording in that studio, then he is recording future stuff for NIN.

They are probably just rehearsing in those photos.  I think it's normal that they would rehearse in a recording studio... I mean where else would they?  They're not gonna go to someone's garage to rehearse.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1191 on: April 10, 2008, 08:05:31 PM »

it seems like Axl doesn't hang out with them socially outside of after-parties following shows. 

Wasn't there a barbecue at Axl's with guests such as the band, crew and Baz around the time of the September shows in 2006?

/jarmo

Yeah, I think it's assuming quite a bit to think that just because we don't hear about these guys hanging out, that they don't.  What we know and what the truth is are not one and the same.

Ali
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1192 on: April 10, 2008, 08:07:19 PM »

Cheers,

Andrew

They are probably just rehearsing in those photos.  I think it's normal that they would rehearse in a recording studio... I mean where else would they?  They're not gonna go to someone's garage to rehearse.

Rehearsing with just the guitar player and a sound engineer and three months before the tour kicks off..... Roll Eyes

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
burnz007
Rocker

« Reply #1193 on: April 10, 2008, 08:08:55 PM »

/jarmo

I don't remember... I'm sure there was... Axl is probably a generous and gracious host.   I just wonder if they could just pick up the phone and call Axl like they would just call a good friend.  I just get the sense that doesn't happen.  I have no way of knowing that... it's just my impression.
burnz007
Rocker

« Reply #1194 on: April 10, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »

Cheers,

Andrew

Rehearsing with just the guitar player and a sound engineer and three months before the tour kicks off..... Roll Eyes

That's true... I didn't think of it that way.  But I've heard of bands having intense rehearsals months before a tour... especially when they're playing obscure songs from their catalog
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1195 on: April 10, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »

I just wonder if they could just pick up the phone and call Axl like they would just call a good friend.

I'm sure they could.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1196 on: April 10, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »

I just wonder if they could just pick up the phone and call Axl like they would just call a good friend.

I'm sure they could.

/jarmo

Axl was texting Ron while he was doing a Talking Metal session with Zakk Wylde.  That seems like a pretty casual, friendly thing to do.

Ali
burnz007
Rocker

« Reply #1197 on: April 10, 2008, 08:27:52 PM »

I'm sure they could.

/jarmo

Axl was texting Ron while he was doing a Talking Metal session with Zakk Wylde.  That seems like a pretty casual, friendly thing to do.

Ali

Well I stand corrected... I'm glad that's the case !  ok
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1198 on: April 10, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »

If Robin has left GNR for good - my - dream scenario would be Axl - sharing his Dr.Pepper with Bucket - onstage!!!  peace

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1199 on: April 10, 2008, 09:16:53 PM »

There is still NO proof that Robin left GNR.  He has a history with NIN, he probably buried a hatchet with Trent that was bothering him, agreed to do a tour.  Trent said that Robin recently played in Guns N' Roses, most likely refering to the shows Robin DID with the band, not currently doing , but did.

We've heard from Mysteron a while ago, that there are no plans for GNR to tour until a release if finalized.  I think CD will be released this year, I think in 2009 there will be a tour.  However if I am wrong, then GNR will move forward and so will everyone else.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: