Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:11:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 741715 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1160 on: April 10, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

I'm not necessarily very smart about music composition, but is that true?  If CD were released tomorrow and they started touring the next day, would they need three guitarists to play the music live, or could it be done with two, as bands have conventionally done in the past?

it could be done but it all depends on the types of songs on CD. If I had to guess I think Axl would want a 3 guitar set up for touring.

To me thats beside the point. I personally would have loved to see the actual creators of CD play those songs on stage.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1161 on: April 10, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »

i just hope i get a soda. but its hard to stay positive...we're feeding off scraps of wild speculation at every level......

Its april and no sign of official promo, Robin is on tour till whenever, therfore photo's and band interviews performances with him in the band are out. if he is out that then means that they need to audition new guitar players and get them up to speed on th new music as well as the back catalogue, this will take time.

for the first time i dont htink 2008 will be the year

I'm not necessarily very smart about music composition, but is that true?  If CD were released tomorrow and they started touring the next day, would they need three guitarists to play the music live, or could it be done with two, as bands have conventionally done in the past? 

PS...  I'm not being sarcastic, please someone answer this question seriously.

They'd lose some elements of the music, but I guess it could be done...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1162 on: April 10, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »

Yes, 2008, Free Dr Pepper for Buckethead.

So is that the official announcement for CD?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Should we as fans expect CD BECAUSE of that statement?

I hope that it would mean people could actually feel a bit more positive instead of the same old whining shit day after day.

Axl said so, but I guess you can disregard whatever he said and go back to more a meaningful existence of just dwelling on stuff.

No, that wasn't an insult or aimed at you personally so no need to counter attack me.

Just saying, the positives are often overlooked because it seems like whining is so much more fun for some people for some reason.

so IF CD doesnt come out in 2008 and people whined that Axl said it would, your not going to refute that right?

He didn't promise anything yet.

I'm not gonna explain it to you again Mr "the album was done in 2002".

I think we have heard similar statements in the past....."people will hear music this year" comes to mind

How fun it is to disregard the explanation that came after that statement. Smiley

Hey, you can live under your black cloud if you want. All your life if that's your thing. It's not my thing or it's not the kind of company I prefer.

Nothing to do with your opinion, just kinda boring having some people constantly reminding everybody how much it sucks to be a GN'R fan.

Especially since it's their choice.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1163 on: April 10, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »

Like I said, Guns N Roses still has the same singer and that is ALL that matters

And like I said, why don't you try telling that to the nin forums where they're all in a lather about Robin.  Hope Trent's ego can stand it...

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
maynard
« Reply #1164 on: April 10, 2008, 06:01:01 PM »

Yes, 2008, Free Dr Pepper for Buckethead.

So is that the official announcement for CD?

Should we as fans expect CD BECAUSE of that statement?

I hope that it would mean people could actually feel a bit more positive instead of the same old whining shit day after day.

Axl said so, but I guess you can disregard whatever he said and go back to more a meaningful existence of just dwelling on stuff.

No, that wasn't an insult or aimed at you personally so no need to counter attack me.

Just saying, the positives are often overlooked because it seems like whining is so much more fun for some people for some reason.

so IF CD doesnt come out in 2008 and people whined that Axl said it would, your not going to refute that right?

I think we have heard similar statements in the past....."people will hear music this year" comes to mind

How fun it is to disregard the explanation that came after that statement. Smiley

Hey, you can live under your black cloud if you want. All your life if that's your thing. It's not my thing or it's not the kind of company I prefer.

Nothing to do with your opinion, just kinda boring having some people constantly reminding everybody how much it sucks to be a GN'R fan.

Especially since it's their choice.

/jarmo

Opinions, negative or positive, should be respected. When you put in the rules of the forum "You're not allowed to say bad things about the band" then you can complain about negative posts.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1165 on: April 10, 2008, 06:02:21 PM »

I don't need to put it in the rules that I don't want a bunch of negative people complaining about shit day after day.

It's common sense.

You don't go to a fan site to read about how much it sucks to be a fan of that band!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #1166 on: April 10, 2008, 06:05:20 PM »

.... the way I read that statement "people will hear music this year" is as EXACTLY that.

Given that GNR played something like 77 shows that year, we heard about 160 hours of GNR music. Simple.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1167 on: April 10, 2008, 06:06:50 PM »

Very easily.  Your reference to the DR Pepper quote.

Here we go again with the whining about the whining posts. So are you suggesting that Axl made the DR Pepper quote to give some optimism and hold people over or did he actually mean that CD will be out in 08?

And then when it doesnt happen you will be the first to tell people that Axl never promised anything for 2008.

You cant have it both ways. He is either saying CD will be out in 08 or he isnt.

I know he didnt promise anything yet. He rarely does. But why are you using the DR Pepper quote as a basis to expect CD in 08. You certainly can but just make sure you dont confront people who dont buy into that quote based on past quotes from him...it goes both ways

Im sure if Axl really wanted to, the album could have been released at any point from 2000-now...particularly around 2002.

Where did I say that it sucks to be a GNR fan? I took the DR Pepper quote as a positive. But I can see how others just took it as another "same old story" type comment. And they wouldnt be wrong with that opinion.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:09:49 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1168 on: April 10, 2008, 06:11:41 PM »

Very easily.  Your reference to the DR Pepper quote.

So because I quote something, that makes it an official statement?

Here we go again with the whining. So are you suggesting that Axl made the DR Pepper quote to give some optimism and hold people over or did he actually mean that CD will be out in 08?

I don't know why, but it sure made a bunch of people happy.

You weren't here so maybe  it had no effect on you.

You cant have it both ways. He is either saying CD will be out in 08 or he isnt.

He's saying he'll share his Dr Pepper with Buckethead. Smiley

I interpret that my way, you interpret it yours.

But why are you using the DR Pepper quote as a basis to expect CD in 08.

Add to that quote the fact that it's done. As in recorded.

/jarmo

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1169 on: April 10, 2008, 06:17:47 PM »

oh yeah, GNR could most def tour with two guitarists.

i play guitar myself, and if im being honest, then new material doesn't require 3 guitarists. thats live or in the studio. i think axl has three beacuse he likes the diversity of styles.
its not like the new songs have three part guitar harmonies anywhere in them..

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
John J. Rambo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1170 on: April 10, 2008, 06:19:29 PM »

oh yeah, GNR could most def tour with two guitarists.

i play guitar myself, and if im being honest, then new material doesn't require 3 guitarists. thats live or in the studio. i think axl has three beacuse he likes the diversity of styles.
its not like the new songs have three part guitar harmonies anywhere in them..

Oh that's cool. When did you hear the finished Chinese Democracy record then?
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1171 on: April 10, 2008, 06:29:23 PM »

tee hee.    Roll Eyes

well, lets put it this way....GnR are not Iron maiden or thin lizzy. and judging by the sound of the 6 songs we've heard then, twin or trippl guitar harmonies would be a MAJOR departure.....this is getting so pedantic....

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1172 on: April 10, 2008, 06:32:41 PM »

Two guitars is plenty. Appetite and UYI usually had 3 guitars, but live you don't need them.  Its so loud you won't miss the third guitar.  If you do maybe Axl could play the parts.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1173 on: April 10, 2008, 06:33:29 PM »

So because I quote something, that makes it an official statement?
not at all. But when people automatically think CD is coming out this yr, and I ask them how they can say that, you jump right in suggesting that the DR Pepper quote is reason to expect CD in 08.

I don't know why, but it sure made a bunch of people happy.

You weren't here so maybe  it had no effect on you.
anytime Axl speaks its a positive. I was happy with what he said and I want to believe him. But knowing the history of the situation I will not pin my hopes on that sort of statement.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:36:54 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1174 on: April 10, 2008, 06:36:29 PM »

You don't want to get your hopes up, but the other way around works. You know, assuming the worst.

Your choice I guess.

The year isn't over yet.  Smiley

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1175 on: April 10, 2008, 06:39:16 PM »

You don't want to get your hopes up, but the other way around works. You know, assuming the worst.

Your choice I guess.

The year isn't over yet. 

The worst has already happened. So anything from this point on can only get better I guess.

Im not expecting CD until the Fall or Winter of 08. Normally I would hope for that and then expect to hear the "summer 09" theme. But this time around I am confident and expect it in the fall/winter.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1176 on: April 10, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »

Your choice I guess.

The year isn't over yet. 

The worst has already happened. So anything from this point on can only get better I guess.

Im not expecting CD until the Fall or Winter of 08. Normally I would hope for that and then expect to hear the "summer 09" theme. But this time around I am confident and expect it in the fall/winter.

YG, I expect it will never come out so that when it does I am very, very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1177 on: April 10, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

"I am thrilled to announce that I will be playing with NIN"

to me "playing with NIN" sounds better then "joining NIN" or "playing in", ok we all know trent is NIN but still..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1178 on: April 10, 2008, 07:08:07 PM »

playing with still doesnt sound promising to me.....

and even if he was just touring with them its not cool.....but he isnt...its def more than that

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1179 on: April 10, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »

He's saying he'll share his Dr Pepper with Buckethead. Smiley

I interpret that my way, you interpret it yours.

/jarmo

In step with what Jarmo has said, I think Axl's quote about sharing his Dr. Pepper is far more encouraging and should be seen as more important than what's going on with Robin. 

Axl could have said nothing; he could have said "thanks for the support."  He did neither, adding information that was unknown until this point in time.

Moreover, the statement gives further credence that the album will be out this year - or at least that's the idea. 

If recording is finished over a year ago and it's widely speculated that the album is done, what does GNR and its fan base need Robin right now?  Until any tour is needed, the fact that almost every other band member is out there doing their own thing seems to indicate that it's going to be awhile 'till anything major happens with 'Chinese Democracy.' 

Until we get a statement from GNR or Axl stating that Robin's departure has further prolonged the release of the new material, we can't really assume anything.

But one thing I would like to point out - I find it hard to believe that Axl was unaware of Robin's NIN involvement before making the Dr. Pepper statement.  Some of those pictures show Robin in the studio during the recording process of NIN's new album - which means these pics were taken months ago.  Long story short, I believe that any possible departure by Robin will have little to no impact on the release of a new GNR album in light of Axl's Dr. Pepper statement and its timing.

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:18:09 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06