Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  EOnline Planet Gossip article about CD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: EOnline Planet Gossip article about CD  (Read 7395 times)
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: April 03, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »

Guns N' Roses fans, the more-than-a-decade-in the-making album Chinese Democracy really does seem to be getting very close to a release date.

No, really. This is what I'm hearing:

Axl Rose & Co. have recently been letting people, music industry honchos, tastemakers and so forth, listen to six new tracks, according to a music executive who has heard the songs.

The exec raved about the music. ?It?s really good,? he said. ?Axl?s voice sounds exactly the same, but the songs sound contemporary. You expect it to be a trainwreck, but it?s not.?

Reps didn?t talk about exact release dates, according to my source, but they implied it could still happen by the end of the year. (Yes, I know we've heard this before.)

Just last week, Rose announced on the official Guns N? Roses website that the band hired a new management team headed by heavyweights Irving Azoff and Andy Gould.

The band?s last original recordings, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, were released in 1991. Since their debut in 1985, they have sold an estimated 90 million albums worldwide.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/planetgossip/detail/index.jsp?uuid=2ec9c617-6394-40e3-bd9e-29cd304270b5

ben9785
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »

The release date does seem closer based on recent events, Dr Pepper response, new management..

Any other gossip or informal discussion such as the link you provided is encouraging but still can't be taken to heart..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 10:27:59 PM »

Sure. But IF this is true, Id imagine the six new songs are the new ones played live, right? That would prevent any real damage of any leaks...

anyone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 01:49:52 AM »

"Guns N' Roses fans, the more-than-a-decade-in the-making album Chinese Democracy really does seem to be getting very close to a release date.

No, really. This is what I'm hearing:

Axl Rose & Co. have recently been letting people, music industry honchos, tastemakers and so forth, listen to six new tracks, according to a music executive who has heard the songs.

The exec raved about the music. ?It?s really good,? he said. ?Axl?s voice sounds exactly the same, but the songs sound contemporary. You expect it to be a trainwreck, but it?s not.?

Reps didn?t talk about exact release dates, according to my source, but they implied it could still happen by the end of the year. (Yes, I know we've heard this before.)

Just last week, Rose announced on the official Guns N? Roses website that the band hired a new management team headed by heavyweights Irving Azoff and Andy Gould.

The band?s last original recordings, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, were released in 1991. Since their debut in 1985, they have sold an estimated 90 million albums worldwide."

beer

I wonder what those six songs are...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 01:53:50 AM »

Cool.

Got a linky?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 01:59:30 AM »

I saw this as well.  I guess the topic got deleted earlier already, but yeah its on E!'s website.  Hopefully the new management is urging axl to get this thing out...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 01:59:51 AM »

E! Online

Fuck 'Em All.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 02:20:46 AM »

I love reading this, even if it's bullshit... hihi
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 02:40:32 AM »

I'm _really_ hoping this to be a sign of good things to come in the not so distant future...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 02:47:13 AM »

I don't understand why he would have to play it for execs?  Doesn't he already have a company that hes going to release it through?  Makes no sense to me....
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 02:57:03 AM »

I don't understand why he would have to play it for execs?  Doesn't he already have a company that hes going to release it through?  Makes no sense to me....

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the record is being shopped around.  Perhaps.

Ali
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 03:12:02 AM »

What six new tracks?!?   
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 03:14:17 AM »

obvioisly its 6 new tracks that we (as fans) have probably heard live, i.e they are on CD.
i thik this is really positive, and things seem to be moving forward now..

the "could still be out by the end of the year..." thing did sting a little now.

surely it wont be 2009 before we see "official" new material?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
anyone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 03:52:49 AM »

Hate to be negative but if he is indeed trying to sell it to another record companies it might be because they are still arguing about the marketing with current label. And they are not anywhere near agreement if that's the case. This would mean 2008 doesn't look promising.

But probably the whole story is BS.
Led Roses 06
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 04:27:24 AM »

I know that I do not post often, but I'm on here all of the time.  Considering that there is no recognition of a reporter or any sort of clearly identifiable source, I find this diffucult to hold true.  We've all ready heard 6 tracks "supposedly from CD", considering there may be multiple albums.  This merely seems like an attempt for an irreputible news source  to use the recent Guns N' Roses announcements as filler stories.  I highly doubt anyone that they have contact with has heard 6 new GNR songs, let alone the finalized versions of the 6 leaks that we have.  There is no way Axl, or Universal, or his mgmt, would let any formidable information leak through some hackneyed newsource.  If this news were to first break through a mass media outlet, not counting the internet, it would be Rolling Stone Magazine, unless a bidding war insued.  If it were to count the internet the first sign we would see is a revamped website and an announcement of CD. 
Also, it could be in Axl's contract w/ his mgmt or Universal, that he is the first one to announce anything dealing with the release of CD, which is more than likely the case.  I do not mean to come off as an ass, I'm merely using what I've learned in my music industry classes, and my impressions of Axl and CD.
I may be the first to bring this up, but marketing may not be the reason that the album is being held up.  It is more than likely recoupment by the record company. (For those who don't know, recoupment is the money the record company takes off the top of album sales to get back their initial investement in producing and distribuitng the album.)  For most A-list artists like GN'R the break-even point for the record company is somewhere around 500,000 copies, but given the nature of CD the break even point is much higher, since the album is somewhere around $15 million in the making.  In addition, Universal would only get touring, merchandising, and/or publishing rights  if they were to have a career-coventure with Axl/GN'R, which is highly unlikely.  Also, given the announcement of his highly accredited mgmt team, they probably bargained for 20% or maybe more, of Axl's earnings, which are taken off his gross earnings.  (15-10% off gross is standard for top earning artists.)  This will also play a crucial role in the final release, determining how many formats it will have and how much promotion it will have, since theses are the two major roles the record company plays, which determines how much more money they need to invest.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 05:13:22 AM »

Excelent.. OMG... ALL World.. NEED GNR Democracy !!

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 05:22:31 AM »

this is great, and I think its true, I mean Its not april fools day anymore so I cant see them going to the trouble of making up a story from nothing,
at least some of it must be true....

the 6 songs the execs heard however could just be:
studio vers of
madagascar
twat,
the blues
better
IRS
chinese democracy

but I think this year is building up some very nice anticipation now, and even though it was the same in 06, I think now that axl knows he has a positive reaction still with his fans , 2006 might of just been testing the waters,
now in 2008 with all these events happening:
1. new band management.
2. Dr Pepper promotion which is a first for dr pepper ,and its free promotion for axl

all signs are positive and I think that list will be growing in the coming months ..

things are looking sweet for an 08 release .. fingerz X

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 05:48:49 AM »

this is great, and I think its true, I mean Its not april fools day anymore so I cant see them going to the trouble of making up a story from nothing,
at least some of it must be true....

the 6 songs the execs heard however could just be:
studio vers of
madagascar
twat,
the blues
better
IRS
chinese democracy

All of which maybe singles or that have possiblities for Advertisments of somekind (we know Better was linked with Harley Davidson - CD (the song) and the Olympic Games perhaps???) they would without doubt be looking to monies beyond CD (the album) sales. Given the band has new management, it isn't inconcieveable that they have "their" contacts/team that "they " trust/work with. In life its often not what you know, but who you know, the changes announced lately point that the changes will have a knock on effect.

If anything, this may delay the release by a week or two, BUT and its a big BUT, the fresh eyes looking over whats been already done (and I don't mean studio stuff!!) will add to what promises to be a great new era in the life of Guns n' Fuckin' Roses for ALL who are involved.  beer

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 06:48:52 AM »

If this story is true, it just shows that the album definitely is done and the priority is to get it out as soon as possible.

I thought certain people are played tracks from forthcoming albums albums all the time. To keep them updated, to create hype etc. Not necessarily because you're trying to sell the album to somebody else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 06:53:18 AM »

If this story is true, it just shows that the album definitely is done and the priority is to get it out as soon as possible.

I thought certain people are played tracks from forthcoming albums albums all the time. To keep them updated, to create hype etc. Not necessarily because you're trying to sell the album to somebody else.

/jarmo

wouldnt it be pointless though if its just to create hype?
I mean why play it to the execs if geffen/interscope already have the rights to cd...
I mean creating hype for cd? is that really any more necessary, whats the most they can benefit without releasing to much information, which they havent done
here, theyve only said 6 songs? The whole story seems true, yet somewhat fishy...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: