Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 09:32:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff Mckagan's Loaded To Enter Studio This Month
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan's Loaded To Enter Studio This Month  (Read 21554 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »

Official Loaded YouTube Channel Now Up!

By Michael Squires 04/19/2008

Check it out here:

www.youtube.com/user/LoadedLAMF

we?ve posted the complete NK Hall, Tokyo, Japan show from the 2001 tour there and will be posting more footage over the course of the next week. Also, we will be posting some behind-the-scenese footage of our rehearsals and recording sessions as they roll out to keep you up to date on what is going on with the band and the new album!

Rock on!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 12:44:41 PM »

Official Loaded YouTube Channel Now Up!

By Michael Squires 04/19/2008

Check it out here:

www.youtube.com/user/LoadedLAMF

we?ve posted the complete NK Hall, Tokyo, Japan show from the 2001 tour there and will be posting more footage over the course of the next week. Also, we will be posting some behind-the-scenese footage of our rehearsals and recording sessions as they roll out to keep you up to date on what is going on with the band and the new album!

Rock on!

Damn, that first video that comes up is fucking awesome!  Love it!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 12:20:01 PM »

Duff said Saturday that he's gonna record some songs with Izzy again next week for Izzy's new album Cheesy
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 12:34:27 PM »

Duff said Saturday that he's gonna record some songs with Izzy again next week for Izzy's new album Cheesy

Ugh, how about doing some for VR's new album?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 12:54:03 PM »

With their imaginary singer?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 01:31:02 PM »

With their imaginary singer?

Abc, they could write the lyrics and lets someone else sing... Like Izzy used to do in his former band.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 01:36:06 PM »

Duff had stated a while back (before the VR mess) that VR is still his main band-he said in a post on the VR board that he is simply into making a lot of music right now-I have a feeling things would have been quiet on the VR front for a few months anyway-I think Loaded is the type of band that can record an album pretty quick-btw, where did Duff mention writing with Izzy?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:41:02 PM by Eric Draven » Logged

libertad
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »

Ugh, how about not? Tongue Izzy & Duff material blows VR material away.

where did Duff mention writing with Izzy?

On his own Loaded forum, he answered my question:

I got a question about some of the Contraband VR songs, does any of the songs there contain some Izzy ideas etc.?

Cause right after he jammed with The Project late 2002 he started recording Like A Dog in April 2003 and it has the song 'Bomb' which features an almost identical riff as 'Do It For The Kids'. Check out Bomb here:

http://www.myspace.com/izzystradlinfansite

Also in Slash's bio there's a pic with the four of you jamming saying you're working on a track called 'Snafu' which is also a Like A Dog track.

Some people are wondering if the ideas Izzy had when he was jamming with VR were used a few months later on his Dog album.

Duff:

Yes....that is correct. I am actually gonna go out next week and play on a few Izzy tracks for his new record. Always fun hangin' with Iz! Astute observation and great question by the way!
Duff

Then later one of the other Loaded members (Geoff) about Duff on Izzy:

Q
For Jeff and Mike:how you decide to cover that Elton John song and how have you involved Duff like special guest. I really appreciate your cover.
A
that was a song that Joe, the singer in ACS, had wanted to do for a long time. Joe and Kim from the Fastbacks sang, Kim and Duff are tight (Duff was in the Fastbacks, right?), Jeff and I were in ACS, and it was all a great big hapy family.

Duff had also just recently sold some studio gear to Joe and that was used to record the song. It was pretty quick and easy. I've seen Duff work in the studio a couple of times and the guy is an incredible player. I saw him do an Izzy track in a single take, only listened to the track once or twice before slaying the track! He did the same thing with this song....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 04:15:00 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »

That is awesome.  I think VR stuff would rock if Izzy was helping to write it.  That was my point.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 12:01:26 PM »

Ah right, I misread it Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 08:39:05 PM »

Duff checking in

By Duff McKagan 04/23/2008

Well, tonite we start the Loaded trip?Mike, Geoff, and myself will get in a room and start the writing process (we all have a ton of stuff to work on already, so well be busy). Jeff Rouse will join us Thursday. Im f#ckin jazzed!
Other news: I got to play on Izzy?s new record yesterday in Ojai?another stellar outing by that dude I must say. Always a pleasure hanging with that guy, a true gentleman.

Duff

http://www.duff-loaded.com/

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 09:06:30 PM »

Duff checking in

Well, tonite we start the Loaded trip?Mike, Geoff, and myself will get in a room and start the writing process (we all have a ton of stuff to work on already, so well be busy). Jeff Rouse will join us Thursday. Im f#ckin jazzed!
Other news: I got to play on Izzy?s new record yesterday in Ojai?another stellar outing by that dude I must say. Always a pleasure hanging with that guy, a true gentleman.

Duff

drool Another new Izzy album! Can't wait for that and the Loaded album. Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 12:53:05 AM »

Duff checking in

Duff

drool Another new Izzy album! Can't wait for that and the Loaded album. Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff.

Where is Slash during all this?  I know he isn't in loaded... Is Duff going to be in 2 bands?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 07:51:09 AM »

Duff had plans to restart Loaded months ago before the VR mess, yes his plans were to work with both bands

libertad
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 09:06:40 AM »

Duff had plans to restart Loaded months ago before the VR mess, yes his plans were to work with both bands

That is really cool!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »

Rehearsal Session Pics

Posted on 04/27/2008

Pics from the practice sessions are now up. Take a look here!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 03:36:53 PM »

Loaded Recording in early June

By Duff McKagan 05/03/2008

Hey Guys Well, here we go. Loaded will be start our new record on June 4th in Seattle. We hope to sort of blaze right through it and make a big, live rock sounding record! Rock Out! Duff

Duff Live
By Duff McKagan 05/03/2008

Saturday 5/3: Mike McCready?s Crones Disease charity show at the Showbox in Seattle Thursday 5/8: Camp Freddy at the Roxy L.A. Friday 5/9: MAP event honoring Slash and Alice Cooper at the Henry Fonda Theater L.A.

suicide
VIP

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 03:27:52 AM »

Isn't it great that Izzy doesn't take sides (unlike most members of this board)? He can record with Duff, Slash, ... and join Axl with the new lineup on tour. That's what rock 'n' roll is all about!

About 'Beautiful Disease', yep it's a great album. Sometimes you can find it on eBay but you'll have to pay about 500 USD to get it. I got my copy years ago when it still looked like it was gonna be released and only paid 20 or 30 USD for it.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »

Isn't it great that Izzy doesn't take sides (unlike most members of this board)? He can record with Duff, Slash, ... and join Axl with the new lineup on tour. That's what rock 'n' roll is all about!

About 'Beautiful Disease', yep it's a great album. Sometimes you can find it on eBay but you'll have to pay about 500 USD to get it. I got my copy years ago when it still looked like it was gonna be released and only paid 20 or 30 USD for it.

Yeah Izzy does come off as the most mature out of all the original members by far to me. One thing i've always wondered that doeesn't seem to get mentioned is whether Duff and Axl have spoken since he left. You always hear about how Slash hasn't spoken to Axl since 96' but no one mentions if it's the same case with Duff. Beautiful Disease is a great album. I downloaded mine tho, guilt free since no album is worth 5 hundo.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 04:11:24 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN's LOADED, QUIREBOYS Confirmed For Italy's ROCK OF AGES Festival - May 27, 2008

LOADED, the band formed by current VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan (on guitar and vocals) after he left GUNS N' ROSES, and QUIREBOYS have been confirmed for the Rock Of Ages - A September To Remember Festival on September 13 at Palasharp in Milan, Italy.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

TWISTED SISTER
EXTREME
LOADED
GOTTHARD
QUIREBOYS
PINO SCOTTO

Blabbermouth.net

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: