Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:24:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Wine thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wine thread  (Read 9242 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 01:31:00 PM »

Of course, there's always Boonesfarm!   drool (that's barf, not drool)  Country Kwencher.  The wine we drank in high school.  It's like a wine cooler, really!     

Boones! rofl  I remember many a night way back in High School drinking the infamous Boones and many a day after being sick as hell!

Why has no one reccomended Night Train?Huh?? Grin

I kid.  I actually have a severe allergy to the sulfites in wine that I developed when I was about 19 so I have no clue what is good or not.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 08:29:53 PM »

I absolutely adore wine. Preferably red, the occasional pino grigio, or late autumn reisling or vidal..I love the oakiness of a really good chianti..right now I am drinking a very favorite of mine, Pisse Dru, it is a 2006 beaujolias and very tasty ok

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »

LYNN??!? get in here!

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 11:21:36 PM »

i like sweet wines i can't stand that dry ass sour tasting shit.

my fav is Manischewitz concord grape drool

it is da shit.

and also the blood of Christ Cheesy ok ..............................its communion wine

peace

Wait a minute!  I thought Manischewitz was communion wine!  It's either that or Red Rose!  Both cheap & potent! 

I'm a wino, at heart.  I really don't like the chardonnays or sauvignon or pinos or white zins....I like wines made here in Michigan.  My favorites are Winter White from Leelanau Cellars and cherry wine from Traverse Bay Winery.  They are sweet wines, which I like most. 

Of course, there's always Boonesfarm!   drool (that's barf, not drool)  Country Kwencher.  The wine we drank in high school.  It's like a wine cooler, really!     

it is a comunion wine thats what i said.

i like the sweet wines as well, i'd really like to try some of that stuff SLC was talking about.

Why has no one reccomended Night Train???

if i wasn't misstaken i thought that Nighttrain tasted like shit?

for those who have had it is it better or worse than wild turkey?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 11:22:51 PM »

You want a bottle of Hogue Riesling. I'd bet my last buck you like it.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 11:32:02 PM »

Yeah, nobody seriously drinks Nightrain unless a.) you're a curious GNR fan who is interested in experiencing it one time.....or b.) you live in a cardboard box under a bridge. 

It's seriously that fucking bad.  I'm pretty sure that drinking gasoline would taste better than that shit.  It has the sweet bite of say your Mad Dog 20/20, but it also has the stingy aftertaste of cat urine.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 12:11:12 AM »

It has the sweet bite of say your Mad Dog 20/20, but it also has the stingy aftertaste of cat urine.

A sommelier could not have been so eloquent-my hats off to you!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 12:22:11 AM »

It's seriously that fucking bad.  I'm pretty sure that drinking gasoline would taste better than that shit.  It has the sweet bite of say your Mad Dog 20/20, but it also has the stingy aftertaste of cat urine.

I guess I developed my addiction to cheesing after experimenting with Night Train last year.

Whatever you do, don't pair Chilean sea bass with an aggressive Zinfandel!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »

It has the sweet bite of say your Mad Dog 20/20, but it also has the stingy aftertaste of cat urine.

A sommelier could not have been so eloquent-my hats off to you!

Exactly!....I would sell that shit out every night.  Plus I'd let all the Cheesers have a back room to experiment in.  Tit covered tables and seats for everyone.  You'd be drinking Nightrain right out of a crystal tit-flute.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 02:26:20 AM »

Yeah, nobody seriously drinks Nightrain unless a.) you're a curious GNR fan who is interested in experiencing it one time.....or b.) you live in a cardboard box under a bridge. 

Mad Dog 20/20....that's another horrible one I forgot about! 

BTW - what the fuck is that in your avatar?  Is that, like, Jimmy Osmond, or something? 

SLCPUNK
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 02:29:04 AM »

That's Chunk!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 02:52:05 AM »

When I was younger, chasing tail, I liked wines from the Mosel and Liebraumilch regions. Now that I am older, liquor is quicker. and it tastes better.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »

rofl

I was joking!

I tried it once when I was 16, mind you now I am 33 and have never had the urge to try it again.

No matter how much you love GNR I wouldn't even tell anyone to try this stuff for fun!  It is truly the most vile thing I have ever tasted.

Go chug a bottle of Robitussin instead, it may actually taste a bit better!
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 09:02:57 AM »

i like the sweet wines as well, i'd really like to try some of that stuff SLC was talking about.

Yes, Riesling is fine. You can also try some sort of Beerenauslese. A very sweet wine. You can read  the explanation, why this sort of wines is that sweet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beerenauslese
But even here in Austria it's not cheap.
Also yellow muscatel can taste fruity and sweet.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:15:49 AM by domi » Logged

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 09:18:22 AM »

Oh, I like me some wine.

I'll drink almost anything (good) depending on what it's paired with. Reds and whites, all sorts.  We just grabbed a 2000 Burgandy that was quite good (can't remember the vintner).  I had a nice Riesling about a week ago, too.

Right now...as far as brands go...I've been buying mostly the "Barefoot" stuff.  It's quite good for an inexpensive vintner.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 09:42:05 AM »

if you like red wine, try an amarone if you haven't already. i've liked every brand i ever had. great stuff.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

Banfi Rosa Regale is an affordable after dinner wine that the Missus happens to love. I try to have one of those and a bottle of champagne in the fridge at all times.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »

Right now...as far as brands go...I've been buying mostly the "Barefoot" stuff.  It's quite good for an inexpensive vintner.

We just discovered Barefoot, though we may be buying too much of it - it's gone from $7.99 to $8.99 to $9.99 for a 1.5L bottle over the last couple of months. But definitely agree, good for a cheapish wine.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »

I agree with Santa Margharita - I actually worked for this distributor and got a case for free! It was awesome but that was several years ago and I continue to buy. They also import Rutherford Hill and Markham and anything white with those two brands rocks. For some reason, red gives me heartburn so I don't drink it. A good cheap wine I am currently drinking - white - Tisdale - it's like $3.99 a bottle at Binny's.

If you want something totally sweet - try J. Roget champagne. It is so sweet I can't drink it.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 03:18:16 PM »

I am drinking Sauvignon blanc. 

Great choice,  ok I hope you had it with fish!

How many of you drink wine and what is your favorite?

I have a life long distaste for red wine. I should say disgust.  I would never consider trying  it. Don't ask me why  Embarrassed
I'm into white  wine- Sauvignon, Riesling,  Muscadet...- and ros? .

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: